THE BROWNS BOARD

Quotes from some of the players

DeadWombat

[On being 0-3] I'm not worried about it. I know Coach [Mangini] is going to put in more time, and we'll see what comes out of it. -D'Qwell Jackson

You could easily point fingers, but that's not what it's about. Its a team sport. There's still a lot of hope. -Corey Williams

He's our leader. Guys are responding. We respect [Mangini] tremendously. -Brodney Pool

Coach Mangini is one of the smartest people I've ever known in terms of football knowledge. Being 0-3 isn't because of him. -D'Qwell Jackson

I've taken these from the Plain Dealer. Of course, on the flip side of things, there's still the other players who are filing grievances against him for the fines. Also in the plain dealer, David Bowens said that much of the news of the grievances comes from the players' agents telling media, not the players themselves.

Take it for what you will.

As a player, its the only productive and constructive thing to do. Keep believing, keep working, and give it your all. Worst case scenario the team still doesn't do well, but it'll be known you weren't one of those players who gave up when the going got tough. It's called character.

Kudos to those keeping their chin up. It's easy to be up when you're winning. Only the gritty players keep working when the going gets tough.

As a player, its the only productive and constructive thing to do. Keep believing, keep working, and give it your all. Worst case scenario the team still doesn't do well, but it'll be known you weren't one of those players who gave up when the going got tough. It's called character.

Kudos to those keeping their chin up. It's easy to be up when you're winning. Only the gritty players keep working when the going gets tough.

Do they have a choice what ae they going to say? Yeah i think its the coaches fault i dont like the coach...hehehehe

All the missed tackles and half hearted effort last week this team quit against the ravens..and the many whom lack talent on this team will be erased anyways rather they play hard or not these guys are bottom of the barrell talentwise...

We are in the crapper next year even if mangini doesnt get fired i and many others have serious doubts about his ability to draft talent and develop a winning scheme at this point its likely he will go the quick fix direction if he survives the season....;)

It would be career suicide, and for players who are truly looking to get the hell out of Cleveland after this season know that it's bad business to badmouth your boss...

Of course playing like crap, missing tackles, and looking like a HS player isn't going to help a player that wants to get out of Cleveland after the season. At least not if they want out and paid.

I agree with others, it's not like the players can come out and say "Mangini is a horses ass, I hope he dies of AIDS"

It would be career suicide, and for players who are truly looking to get the hell out of Cleveland after this season know that it's bad business to badmouth your boss...

I say its one thing to avoid badmouthing your boss and another to stand up and defend him.

I agree with others, it's not like the players can come out and say "Mangini is a horses ass, I hope he dies of AIDS"

not saying ANYTHING at all (which is easy enough) and talking someone up are two completely different things.

and Brodney Pool and D'QJ are NOT going to get benched. those comments reflect who they are and they could have just said nothing.

sure it would be dumb to badmouth but they went completely in the other direction.

i like that they still have a sense of pride in what they're doing. it might be a piece of shit but it's THEIR piece of shit.

mutiny? nope. these guys actually still have a sense of pride regardless of whatever picture the outside world tries to paint.

These guys know better than to point fingers. They know if they say too much they will either be fined or benched. What did you expect to hear?

Silence is usually how players speak against their coach.

2 Games???

Ever think you might have been the problem?

Im kidding,sorry I couldnt resist!

[/quote)

Fair enough.. I weighed 133 lbs dripping wet and played linebacker, safety and wr... I can't say I was dominant..but I loved to hit. only had 18 guys go out for the team. VERY small school

Dare I may say the HC too? He's getting his character asassinated.... here and everywhere.

Archived