THE BROWNS BOARD

My nightmare

DumAssWhiteGuy

1) DA is named the starter VS the Bungles this week.

2) DA throws at least one INT and several passes that make you say WTF is he doing? But does just enough to convince Mangini his inconsistencies can be corrected which leads us of course to the repeat of good DA/bad DA Jekel/Hyde which has plagued DA his whole college and professional career.

3) Browns win 3-4 games the rest of the year but an easier late season schedule this year along with a couple wins in the last few weeks feeds optimism the Browns will be stronger next year.

4) BQ traded in the offseason to a team that takes the training wheels off him and he has a successful career.

5) Next year DA's continued inconsistency costs Mangini his job and we are back to rebuilding with a new Coach and GM in 2011.

My gut says Anderson is starting Sunday based on what Mangini has said. I'll keep an open mind. I'd love to NOT start over at QB.

I have no idea if Quinn's performance is him suddenly sucking, the reins kept on him, or a combo. But the sheen if off for me.

If you go by what the "experts" are saying out there, the concensus seems to be bad play calling, troubles with the right side of the line, and lack of offensive weapons are the reason for the offensive woes.

Watching part of the CAR/DAL game last night, CAR has the similar problems in the passing game as CLE. Like CLE, CAR only has 1 real receiving threat. DAL took S. Smith away with man coverage with saftey help over the top (what teams do to BE a lot). You take S. Smith out of CAR passing game and they pretty much have nothing. Just like with CLE, teams take away BE and their is nothing really left for the QB, other than force the ball, throw it away, or get sacked.

Gotta love a coach that blames everyone but himself and basicly blames bq for not performing in a coach controlled offense then benches bq and lets DA go wide open without even a practice snap and this is after saying its a one size fits all offense...mangini is a real scumbag as advertised by jets fans and players alike the sooner this douche goes the better..

DA will likely start for the rest of the season if he doesnt get slaughtered...

If you go by what the "experts" are saying out there, the concensus seems to be bad play calling, troubles with the right side of the line, and lack of offensive weapons are the reason for the offensive woes.

The play calling has been disgusting! Why do we keep calling the same plays over and over again and expect different results? When a different play is finally called it is so off the wall it leaves you scratching your head.

The play calling in the "vanilla" pre-season was 100 times more exciting than this, what is going on?

I don't even want to get started on the right side of the line, I thought Shaefer was bad Tackle but I'm sure Chicago is glad to have him over St Clair right now.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

When your QB can only complete 6 of 30 third-down attempts you have to put the blame somewhere. You can put some of it on Daboll for the playcalling but that doesn't hide the fact that Quinn has been horribly innacurate and holds onto the ball way to long as if he is afraid to let loose.

When your QB can only complete 6 of 30 third-down attempts you have to put the blame somewhere. You can put some of it on Daboll for the playcalling but that doesn't hide the fact that Quinn has been horribly innacurate and holds onto the ball way to long as if he is afraid to let loose.

To be fair, a good chunk of those 30 third down attempts are in the "less than manageable 3rd down" catagory. Teams aren't supposed to covert 3rd and 8+ yards, unless they are playing against the Browns. The Browns have ended up in 3rd and long for a good number of reasons, and the QB play isn't the biggest imo.

I certainly agree Quinn at times has hung onto the ball too long. As to afraid to let it loose, it could be the case. Of course when no one is open, I'd rather a throw away, dump off, or a sack over a forcing a ball into tight coverage, or triple coverage.

I have no faith in guys like Boomer talking about our QB situation. they are not at practice, they are not in the huddles. They don't know what plays were called or what the audibles were at the line. How can they say that it has been poorly managed, how could they possibly know?

I agree...it is easy to say it is playcalling...what we don't see is the guys BQ wasn't throwing to rather than dumping the ball off.

80% of the completions he made couldn't have gone to the primary receiver.

Any play called can look like a crap call if the the QB just keeps dumping it to a back on a swing route or TE on a delayed crossing pattern.

I understand Brady's desire to not turn the ball over, but his efforts to manage the game only managed to get him benched.

I don't like turnovers better than anyone else, but if it is that over a qb who isn't trying to move the ball....give me turnovers.

Gotta love a coach that blames everyone but himself and basicly blames bq for not performing in a coach controlled offense then benches bq and lets DA go wide open without even a practice snap and this is after saying its a one size fits all offense...mangini is a real scumbag as advertised by jets fans and players alike the sooner this douche goes the better..

DA will likely start for the rest of the season if he doesnt get slaughtered...

Good god gips,

You have to be old and I know that you are miserable.

Then tell me what your bright plan for the head coaching job is. And you cant say yourself. You would make people commit suicide with all your negative talk.

Yeah we do 'peens. We saw the primary receiver -singular- that Quinn wasn't throwing to. His name is Braylon Edwards, and he was covered. Often by a corner & safety. DA showed us that the entire 2nd half.

but if it is that over a qb who isn't trying to move the ball....give me turnovers.

Huh?

It's the same result. We lose the ball, and the game.

I have no faith in guys like Boomer talking about our QB situation. they are not at practice, they are not in the huddles. They don't know what plays were called or what the audibles were at the line. How can they say that it has been poorly managed, how could they possibly know?

While they aren't there, guys like a Jaws, Hodge, Dilfer, etc. do watch film of teams all week. So while they may not know what was planned, you can still see what guys are doing and what it seems like they were designed to be doing.

Yeah we do 'peens. We saw the primary receiver-singular- that Quinn wasn't throwing to. His name is Braylon Edwards, and he was covered. Often by a corner & safety. DA showed us that the entire 2nd half.

Huh?

It's the same result. We lose the ball, and the game.

I agree, we probably lose...but at least trying to push the ball will result in some chance.

When you are down to your last 20 bullets and surrounded by 50 people, you can try to be a sniper and knock off 20 or you can try to get out by charging and firing like a maniac.

Archived