THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinns ego

ballpeen

Much has been said about why BQ looks like a bum this year when some past performances seemed to point towards him being at least decent.

I am not saying this to be mean, but it sums it up for me....if BQ was a chick, he would be a high maintenance chick.

Mangini doesn't strike me as the type who spends a lot of time stroking players ego's, and possibly Brady is one of those guys who needs the stroking.

If Mangini wants to salvage the guy, he may need to work on his end of the deal, but more directly to the point, BQ maybe needs to man up just a bit and realize that most NFL coaches aren't going to be a great buddy or one who is going to spend large amounts of time building his confidence.

If Brady's confidence is shaken, he needs to be the one to repair the largest portion, because you can't play scared in this league.

Much has been said about why BQ looks like a bum this year when some past performances seemed to point towards him being at least decent.

I am not saying this to be mean, but it sums it up for me....if BQ was a chick, he would be a high maintenance chick.

Mangini doesn't strike me as the type who spends a lot of time stroking players ego's, and possibly Brady is one of those guys who needs the stroking.

If Mangini wants to salvage the guy, he may need to work on his end of the deal, but more directly to the point, BQ maybe needs to man up just a bit and realize that most NFL coaches aren't going to be a great buddy or one who is going to spend large amounts of time building his confidence.

If Brady's confidence is shaken, he needs to be the one to repair the largest portion, because you can't play scared in this league.

Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

THis is what peen does lately.

Just about every QB is like a high maintenance chick Peen. Just as just about every WR is a diva. It's the nature of the jobs and the game.

I am sure I'd be high maintenance too if I was usually given all the glory when things go well and all the blame when things go wrong (which is how it usually goes for a QB at the college or NFL level).

Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

For every drop back to pass, you are right, it hasn't been that bad. But it's been pretty damn bad, and far worse than it was last year (prior to CLE having to play the likes of Dorsey and Gradkowski).

Peen,

As a season ticket holder you have more room to gripe than alot of people and I guess its a college thing that causes you to show such dislike for Quinn and always have but as a season ticket holder im sure you want whats best for the team.

Your no youngster and have watched football for a long time so given all of that why on Gods green earth would you actually state DA is our future or someone you want to waste your hard earned money watching.

Tha rational that a long deep pretty pass run back by the defense is more exciting than not turning the ball over escapes me and this teams problems are much deeper than QB.

It really has nothing to do with his college or anything like that, but I will be honest I have never really liked the guy, but that is simply due to the fact I never thought he was all that good..but maybe there is a bit of the college thing in there since ND players typically get rated a bit higher than most...but it isn't because I just dislike ND.

I am all for winning, and would be very happy if Quinn was the guy and i would be a big, happy fan if he did.

I just don't see it happening. I just don't think he is that good.

Just my honest opinion....

Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

coulda fooled me.

Especially since DA shit on his own face the first drive he was put in.

'Peen, right now nothing bodes well for the Browns. Both qbs looking over their shoulders, a sieve of a defense. Unimaginative- to say the least- offense that's currently stinking out the joint.

May have to bring an extra bottle of the Orange Stuff to the tailgate. I'm afraid it could get so bad Sunday passing out by the end of the first quarter could be the best solution.

I hope Mangini realizes if he starts DA the first interception will get him booed off the field, and the second one will cause a mass walk out.

coulda fooled me.

I am sure that isn't very hard to do.

This week...if DA starts, will give us a good baseline. It will tell us if play calling is really a problem or if we just went to the easiest route in that play.

If DA is throwing dump pass after dump pass...it brings play calling in to question or some of the other things that have been mentioned.

I haven't called them excuses at this point because I don't know. Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

We will see on Sunday.

Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

I am talking NFL open (we aren't talking about HS football in this part of the board :D ), not guys just running free (of course we could see that too if it isn't the play calling).

At the same token, it can't be the type open where only the DA/Favre type arm is the only way the pass can be completed.

Wowser peen i think your off the mark this time buddy bq has never given off the impression of being easily broken or inconfident he has looked flustered over the past 2 weeks but i would be to especially if you have a passion to win thats being squeezed to death by a bad coach and his tight grip on the plays you can run..

But anyways enjoy the anderception fest up close and personal with lots of space to uummm pick a better seat...;)

You know what? The semi open thing is interesting.

I watched a few plays here and there on Sunday/Monday night and saw receivers literally WIDE open. I mean 10 yard cushion wide open.

Not all the time, but from time to time.

Quinn must be missing our guys when that happens. I'm hoping that's the case as it would explain a benching.

Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

Based on the small sampling in second half with DA, I still firmly believe this one (a combination of bad play calling and talent on the field aside from BE to throw to ).

We definately can't point at just one player or one staff member.

Bullshit

Dey Balls........guy is an absolute moron hands down.

I'll take one of these Madden guys off this board that never played a lick but know how to spread the field a tad.

I am sure that isn't very hard to do.

This week...if DA starts, will give us a good baseline. It will tell us if play calling is really a problem or if we just went to the easiest route in that play.

If DA is throwing dump pass after dump pass...it brings play calling in to question or some of the other things that have been mentioned.

I haven't called them excuses at this point because I don't know. Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

We will see on Sunday.

Peen, in theory, you would be correct in saying this crap. But, the reality is that DA doesn't typically throw the dumpoff regardless. He much prefers to throw into double or triple coverage. DA will try to push the ball down the field at ANY cost. I am beginning to wonder if he thinks that his purpose on the field is to throw a completion regardless of the color of jersey his receiver is wearing. He still has accuracy issues, as was evident on Sunday. Just ask Furrey, who had to layout for a pass near the left sideline when he was wide open and should have been hit in stride. That must be why he throws to the most crowded receivers on the field most of the time.

But, to your point, DA starting will prove nothing other than the fact that this team is in some serious trouble. It will not prove anything of the playcalling.

Peen, in theory, you would be correct in saying this crap. But, the reality is that DA doesn't typically throw the dumpoff regardless. He much prefers to throw into double or triple coverage. DA will try to push the ball down the field at ANY cost. I am beginning to wonder if he thinks that his purpose on the field is to throw a completion regardless of the color of jersey his receiver is wearing. He still has accuracy issues, as was evident on Sunday. Just ask Furrey, who had to layout for a pass near the left sideline when he was wide open and should have been hit in stride. That must be why he throws to the most crowded receivers on the field most of the time.

But, to your point, DA starting will prove nothing other than the fact that this team is in some serious trouble. It will not prove anything of the playcalling.

LOL....ok...I can agree....play calling isn't the problem...most plays are drawn up to go the distance, so in theory, almost any play called is a good play.

There comes a point where it isn't coaching or anything other than bad players who can't execute.

You guys are spending too much time defending a stiff.

I like DA better, but I don't spend a lot of time defending him.

Neither one of these guys is going to make it, so in essence we are arguing about which guy sucks less.

I am done.....for now

Sometimes I do wish Quinn had a Peyton Manning short fuse. Like...

"Braylon, get the F open!"

"St. Clair, jump off sides again and my size 12 is going up your ass!"

"Cribbs, where's this YAC we were counting on?!"

"Running backs, play hurt once in a while, Christ!"

"And would one of you other WR's step up?!"

"Royal, catch it!"

"Dabol, I'm calling an audible because that QB sneak on 1st down last week wasn't even at Pop Warner level!"

"And me? I'm going to keep my eyes down field, trust a timing pattern, and thow it with some attitude - READY-BREAK!!"

I don't agree with Peen on much but I do have to admit that if it's true Quinn is feeling pressure to perform well so he isn't, well, performing well, then he isn't the player we hoped he was.

That being said, I have ZERO doubt that this particular coach and coordinator are exceptionally challenging to play for. I could see the best QB being at the very least affected by having to deal with this brand of management, let alone a brand new starter with the baggage Quinn has been forced to carry.

Again, by way of comparison, notice how ALL THE OTHER YOUNG QBs have been handled vs. how Quinn has been handled.

No one else has gotten so completely jacked around and then expected to overcome it like Quinn. It really is a ridiculous situation that got worse last weekend. I'm not sure ANY QB could survive this unscathed.

Archived