THE BROWNS BOARD

Imagine that you're Mangini. Who's does he pick at QB?

crbengal

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who does he pick?

• Brady Quinn
    • Derek Anderson
    • Brett Ratliff
    • Josh Cribbs

I think Mangini's comment of it being a locker room decision, was not that it was made by the people/players in the locker room, but rather he made the decision while in the locker room during half time (i.e. he didn't make the decision until some point while in the locker at half time).

I thought it was Quinn that said it was a locker room decision.

As a backup QB in the NFL, it is your J O B to be mentally prepared to go into the game and play at any time, under any circumstance.

3 very bad picks are still 3 very bad picks (that could have been 4 or 5), no matter how you slice it. You don't need prep time to know not to throw into triple coverage.

No shit it was his job, I am just saying that the game was long long lost before DA even stepped on the field. All I am saying is that DA is no peyton manning and threw a few picks trying to make something happen. Game manager offense goes out the window down 20 point with 2 quarters to go. He was rusty, took some shots, and it didn't pan out. Crucify him if you want to, I just don't see it like that.

Maybe, but the Steelers went through them like a "Mack" truck. I mean, the Bengals had no business being in that game late. The Packers also picked up quite a few yards. So the Browns offense isn't nearly as good, I still can see them getting points if the QB would make some plays and stop the misses(like Quinn with MMass in Denver).

Another reason why Anderson had such a big game in the first Cincy game was because the Bengals were coming off a Monday nighter and were gassed....plus DA was fresh and they went with the base defense. Obviously by seasons end, the Bengals had adapted.

Went through them Like a "Mack" truck? I don't consider holding PIT to 2 offensive TDs and only 373 total offensive yards going through anyone like anything. Giving up a tad over 100 yards on the ground, 276 yards to Ben on 30+ attempt w/ 1 TD, 1INT, and 1 sack. But maybe that's just me.

Against GB Cincy gave up 311 total yard and forced 2 picks of Rogers and sacking him 6 times. Again, maybe just me, but that's not a whole heck of a lot of yards.

I see that MMass play brought up, but in all honesty, that's about the only chance for a big play CLE has had that I have seen, outside of the pass to BE in the opener.

I'd add that DA hasn't had much success against CIN since that first game in 2007. His last two games against them he has thrown for an average of about 200 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, and his longest play has been 22 yards.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but my expectations going in don't change with DA at the helm over Quinn. I expect to see the same bad offense, with maybe a few extra passing yards that DA pure arm strength can get you from time to time.

If I were Mangini, I'd start DA, let him implode for a few games (probably 2.5), then start Ratliff since that's been my plan all along.

If it were ME but I just had Mangini's position and had put myself into this position, I'd ride DA until the end of the year. Quinn is no good now because he can no longer trust me, and I'd be looking to trade him to prevent any locker room blowups.

Additionally, since I had claimed this was a locker room decision at halftime (interesting, the inmates are running the asylum), I alreayd know that no one has confidence, or they just don't like, Brady Quinn.

Either way, Quinn is done in CLE. I'm going to try to recoup as much as I can and hope that those rumored trades we were offered for Quinn during the offseason don't get out from confirmed sources.

I don't know that Brady is done in CLE just yet...his contract is pretty hefty and he would incur some really bad cap penalties. His playing time may be over, but he's probably going to be on the team until his contract is up.

It kinda sucks how they basically ruined him though...

I thought it was Quinn that said it was a locker room decision.

It might have been. Either way, I am pretty confident the mention of "locker room decision" was literal, in that it was made while in the locker room. Not that the players had some vote or input in the decision.

I don't know that Brady is done in CLE just yet...his contract is pretty hefty and he would incur some really bad cap penalties. His playing time may be over, but he's probably going to be on the team until his contract is up.

It kinda sucks how they basically ruined him though...

It's not and it wouldn't. His contract is only hefty if he hits his escallators.

Here is our choice. Anderson, a guy who can light up the score at times, but has no consitancy, or a young kid, who hasnt shown any growth as a Q.B. over the 3 games so far.

I choose Anderson. Why because neither one will be the team next year. Anderson give the best chance at maybe some wins this year.

Here is our choice. Anderson, a guy who can light up the score at times, but has no consitancy, or a young kid, who hasnt shown any growth as a Q.B. over the 3 games so far.

I choose Anderson. Why because neither one will be the team next year. Anderson give the best chance at maybe some wins this year.

Since we're going nowhere fast, what does finishing 6-10 or 7-9 do for us? It puts us in the middle of the draft order, and we get to watch Taylor Mays and Eric Berry go to other teams.

No thanks. With those two guys coming out, I want #1 or #2 overall.

Since we're going nowhere fast, what does finishing 6-10 or 7-9 do for us? It puts us in the middle of the draft order, and we get to watch Taylor Mays and Eric Berry go to other teams.

No thanks. With those two guys coming out, I want #1 or #2 overall.

You don't draft a saftey w/ the #1 pick in a draft. Not even sure you do at #2. But I am with you on your point. If the long term QB is not on this roster and you are a team devoid of impact players who can come in and play day one, being in the middle of the draft isn't in theory helping you as much as being in the top 5.

Wow, I never thought I would pick DA to start at QB after last season, but you need to. It sucks, but you have to go over the same ground you have gone over before (inconsistant, erratic quarterback, easily as capable of losing a game for you as winning it), just to go over it in Manginis system. I would have stuck with Quinn through the entire Baltimore game, but once he was pulled, Mangini put himself on this course of action. Mangini cannot move back to Brady now without completely abononing Anderson, and unless he thinks he can turn the team into overnight winners, he cannot afford to abandon Derek until he has had a fair shot. Maybe next year he will figure out that having two Quarterbacks is the same as having none, and that the easy solution is to TRADE one of them, but for now I think the Browns are doomed to repeat last years history with half the season DA and half BQ barring any injuries.

Imagine You're Mangini

this one's easy. "i'm a gigantic a-hole that nobody likes and should have never been hired in the first place, a no good rat to the guy i owe all my success to, i think i am the best coach at any sport ever, and i think that jim zorn should be second in the coach of the year award behind me."

How can any of you support DA based on what we've seen in 3 games? I said this before and I'm saying it again now...The Browns are going nowhere this season. DA is done in Cleveland. Brady Quinn has thrown only 3 picks in 10 quarters to DA's 3 picks in 2 quarters. Why do you feel DA is the better option? Because he moved the chains better on Sunday? He moved them a little better for the Browns and then he moved them a LOT better for the Ravens! Any extra yards DO NOT MATTER when you get the team down the field only to throw a perfect pass to 2 or 3 DB's! For better or for worse, Quinn should start the remainder of the season. If he sucks, then draft McCoy or Bradford or Snead or Pike or somebody else! We gave DA 27 starts to prove himself. Brady has had 6! Give the kid a chance to prove he is either great or horrible!

I saw BQ play under RAC and i liked what i saw. And he did win a start under EM. While i did not like what i saw (Boring plays) and was clamoring for the return of DA, I did not predict that DA would come so soon. I wanted to give Quinn till the bye week to see if he shows an improvement and then decide on if it was worth paying him more money since he will then be taking 55% snaps and above.

The Ravens game changed all. That should have dealt a bad blow to Quinn's confidence for the way he was pulled out. and DA must have found it hard too. down 20, not enough practice and u go against the Ravens with the coach looking for a spark ?

Starting BQ next game will be bad as I dunno if he is or can be mentally prepared knowing he could get yanked anytime. Anderson will go into a bigger low if he was benched again thinking the coach is just messing with him, and we will have 2 low in confidence QB's.

I would start with DA for the next set of games (till we play 11 games). Then we let Quinn play the final 3/4 easy games and hope that he can register the wins against the easy schedule and build up the confidence. By then the rest of the team would have got some chemistry too.

Play Quinn.

There is no doubt what we saw when DA played the second half.

DA has zero upside at this point, Quinn will turn it around and play like hes capable or he'll be gone also. Just not after 3 games. Now that the smoke has cleared from the implosion last week and everyone who was clamouring for DA got their wish, lets get back to developing the only QB on the roster worth developing.

Play Quinn.

There is no doubt what we saw when DA played the second half.

DA has zero upside at this point, Quinn will turn it around and play like hes capable or he'll be gone also. Just not after 3 games. Now that the smoke has cleared from the implosion last week and everyone who was clamouring for DA got their wish, lets get back to developing the only QB on the roster worth developing.

so much for that

On this team I would take any player who is a playmakers @ 1-2-3. If those players happen to be Mays or Berry so be it. We have no playmakers on this team. If Bradford is as good as they say, then we better do 2 things. 1- get the stud at RT and RG. 2- find a stud RB. We need to run the ball. Signing Bradford without a running game would be a terrible decision.

Archived