THE BROWNS BOARD

Eli lost his first 4 games and looked BAD

OconRecon

I've heard the Quinn haters state that he's not a rookie, and while that's true when it comes to playing time he is still very much a rookie. He's started 6 games.....6!

I'm not writing him off as a pro just yet, however I've written him off as a Cleveland Brown. RAC and Mangini have done too much damage to the kid, there's no way he's gonna get the opportunity to just play. He'll always have to look over his shoulder, and in his mind he's always going to be thinking that the next interception or incompletion will lead to him going back to the bench. A young QB simply cannot play that way.

I hope they start DA the rest of the way now, not that I'm a huge fan, but at this point (and how disgusting is this?) he's our best chance to win.

Posters on this board were crucifying myself and a few others for pointing out that '07 was DA's first full season in a new offense and he was essentially a rookie game experience wise. What goes around comes around I guess.

Eli was a rookie, on a bad team. Eli problems were also in the mind, Quinn's are in his throwing style. Quinn is not a rookie on bad team. The guy isn't any good, but you want to continue to believe

No; Quinn is a 3rd year player with virtually Zero experience....on a bad team... there really is not much difference between this and the Eli situation.

Peyton Manning said just this past monday.. His rookie year he went 3-13...saying he learned more in the 4th quarter of those 13 losses than he could possibly even begin to describe...

We do not KNOW he's no good. He needs time on the field.. The kid (Quinn) I saw last year who walked on to the field vs Denver with 1/2 a week of practice and did an amazing job.... is still the guy who looks terrible for us this year.I think he can still be a good QB as I liked the potential I saw in that Denver game last year. I do believe WE as fans and Quinn deserve to play out the season as starter.. We will get an idea what we have in the back half of the season. Then a decision can be made.. It's too early.

I understand this is frustrating for everyone..but it's bigger than just this season.

I've heard the Quinn haters state that he's not a rookie, and while that's true when it comes to playing time he is still very much a rookie. He's started 6 games.....6!

Haters??

I think Ken Dorsey only had 9-10 starts before we had to start him last year. Using your logic he was pretty raw and inexperienced. Did we pull the plug to early on that guy?

Haters??

I think Ken Dorsey only had 9-10 starts before we had to start him last year. Using your logic he was pretty raw and inexperienced. Did we pull the plug to early on that guy?

And here is where common sense & smarts play into the discussion about QB's pedigree, their former performances in college, and what that means about the length of their leash in the NFL.

Otherwise, we'd just be parroting the "Dorsey won the National Championship MVP, he deserves a shot/year as starter," nonsense.

But.

We.

Aren't.

Archived