THE BROWNS BOARD

23-34, 239 YARDS, 2 TDS

TheClevelandSound

You're right, that is a very short leash. They gave Couch a few years, counting his first starts DA got most of 2 seasons, Frye got a couple seasons.

At the beginning it sounded like Mangini was making plans for the long haul. The only thing I can think of that would change a coaches mentality so quickly is having his job threatened by Lerner.

Then he goes up against a very good Vikings defense, a Bronco's defense with the likes of DJ Williams,Dumervil,Champ Bailey, and Brian Dawkins, and possibly the leagues best defense in the Ravens after comng back from that injury that kept him out for the rest of last year and gets thrown under the bus after three bad games. WOW, talk about a short leash.

WOW 239 yds incredible. Dude must have been on fire.

FYI Anderson has had more than that thirteen times.

DA has only played in about 30 NFL games and has posted passing yards over 239 thirteen times (only twice in 11 games last season)

239 yards+ in 13 of 30 games is pretty damn impressive.

Lum knows how to cherry pick. :)

However, he purposefully avoids the point of the Denver game reference: Quinn looked pretty damn good, so what's happened that's led to the first 10 quarters for Quinn this year? It remains an interesting question.

WOW 239 yds incredible. Dude must have been on fire.

FYI Anderson has had more than that thirteen times.

Still can't let it go, huh.

You got your wish last week, not only did he suck but he was the exact suckiness that he's always been. You know what i'm sayin? Not even a new suckyness just the same old DA.

Feel free to use the word suck-eeee-ness all you want in all your future posts regarding DA.

he went after the first and only defensive scheme adjustment taking away his quick short passes.... loading up the box and playing tight coverage.... which also makes it a bit difficult to run the ball also....

ONE game ONE adjustment and kaput.

As opposed to the one defensive scheme adjustment to play a 3 deep zone to shut down the other QB on the roster.......

You are really stretching what is reality on this one. Because teams haven't been really stacking the box on passing downs.

You're right, that is a very short leash. They gave Couch a few years, counting his first starts DA got most of 2 seasons, Frye got a couple seasons.

At the beginning it sounded like Mangini was making plans for the long haul. The only thing I can think of that would change a coaches mentality so quickly is having his job threatened by Lerner.

Red, I don't think either of these guys are in Mangini's long term plans. I think he flipped a coin after the 4th preseason game.

It's a long shot, and I'm not believing it just yet, but maybe he is a genius.

Maybe, ....

next year both these guys are gone. Or, he rides one for two years while he builds the o-line and receiving corps

he passed on Sanchez cuz he knew no one stood a shot at looking good with this team.

he's so tough on the guys with his rules and fines because he sees their true potential.

he'll be there to hold their hair while they're hurling in the toilet after hitting rock bottom. <_<

- OR -

That B*tch from "Major league" has a deal to move the team if attendance drops low enough

So his best game .... excuse me, his only good game ... was 7.02 yards/ attempt against a defense that was simply terrible last year.

2007 ypa 5.6

2008 ypa 5.8

2009 ypa 5.4

I believe the latin term for this is Dinkus Dunkus.

Career TD% a miniscule 1.8%

He had to be replaced.

Very Frye like. Higher completion percentage than DA ... just like Frye. Lower interception percentage than DA ... just like Frye.

But just incapable of producing much ... just like Frye.

There is a better chance of Anderson increasing accuracy and reducing mistakes than there is of Quinn ever becoming a big playmaker in my opinion.

Some may feel Quinn got a brutally short rope ... but the eyes don't lie ... he was just doing ... nothing. And there was no reason to expect that to change.

We are Browns fans. 21 teams passed on this guy and we thought we stole him. But when you watch Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez ... they have "it". They have zip, and flair. Brady Quinn just was ... Charlie Frye.

Maybe he will still blossom, but he sure was dragging the team down.

Anderson has produced before and gives us a live arm and quick release to spread the field and make plays. If he cuts back on mistakes ... we have a chance to be a productive offense and see what we really have with guys like Harrison, Cribbs, Momass, etc...

Zombo

Guest Masters
In 7 appearances Quinn has surpassed, barely, the opposition's pass defense efficiency rating once.

In DA's last 9 starts he has only surpassed the oppositions pass defense efficiency rating once. What exactly was your point again?

Or vice-versa. Lerner wanted Quinn in to sell tickets in a hurry and Mangini did what he wanted, gave the kid a chance knowing he couldn't handle it, and pulled the plug. Thus, selling TONS of tickets and getting his guy in before he loses the locker room. Win-Win. I know it's conspiracy theory but since we're guessing, that's my guess. Plus, I really think DA had a better preseason. Numbers aside (preseason numbers don't count) DA moved the offense much better and much more consistently. In a head-to-head competition, you go with that guy. Especially if that guy has experience. Regardless, I don't like that Quinn was pulled this soon. You made your choice, for whatever reason, you should stick with it. So, if he tries pulling DA this season, I will have lost almost all faith in a coach that I actually like.

Archived