THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson to start against the Bengals

OconRecon

Yeah WPB, everyone seems to forget that fact. Mangini flat out lied, he said once he decided on his starter, that that is who would be behind center the WHOLE season. Since Quinn has been playing so conservative, he must've told BQ and DA a different story.

SO our coach, is a flat out liar now. Not only did he make the worst OC hire of all time, he is also an asshole and a liar, not to mention a terrible coach with poor descion making and people skills.

I dont know if any of you remember but I was one of the few who wanted to keep Rac n Rolls on account of his injury plagued 08 season and really not gettin a fair shit. At least with him we would still have Chud and an offense that has been with this team for more than 2 seasons

I must say I have been holding out hope that Mangini would be able to turn this club around. I know things need to get worse sometimes before they improve. But after a QB move like this, and by Mangini's lies I can't help but to start thinking the guy is another bust. DAMNIT CLEVELAND WHY CAN'T ANYTHING GO RIGHT IN THIS ORGANIZATION. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON AND BY WEEK THREE COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL ITS OVER.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, I doubt the two QB's got a different story. Quinn is by nature conservative...and considering Mangini has stressed NO TURNOVERS...probably played TOO conservative. DA, well, he is DA and likely blew that off and decided he would win Mangini over with his gun for an arm. Surprisingly, it worked.

Mangini however should not be judged by the first 3 games against 3 undefeated teams with a team that has over 50% turnover since last year. We are young, we are raw, and we have a new system and nobody has played a REAL game together before these 3 games.

We had competitions at EVERY position all pre-season...so give it a few weeks and a couple of potential patsies (the next 2 weeks should tell) before we even THINK about a moratorium on Mangini.

Consider this...the Jets are doing great this year...WITH ALL THE PLAYERS MANGINI COACHED UP!!!

Bullshit. We're not judging by losses; we're judging by HOW we lost and what else is going on.

Get Mangini the xxxx out of here. He sucks donkey balls and this team will continue to suck ass as long as he is in charge and Lerner owns it.

Anderson is the better prospect. Let's all deal with that and move on.

Maybe he saves the season, maybe he sucks and we start with a new QB next year.

But I've seen enough of Quinn to know that Anderson brings more to the table with his arm and quick release. You get a guy like Anderson to play smarter and more disciplined ... you've got something.

Quinn has pretty average skills and he's not ready for prime time.

Anderson has better skills and more seasoning.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Like I said ... make the switch after three games if Quinn doesn't start doing something.

EXCELLENT move Mangini.

Now let's blow out the Bungles and remember what it was like when football was fun.

Zombo

Congrats on getting your way.

The only thing this accomplishes is the path being free and clear for the next QB.

Sucks that Quinn struggled so badly. I loved his work ethic. But, if you can't hack it here...best of luck elsewhere. This is where QBs come to die.

I'm with the decision to start DA. But, we need to stick to it until seasons end. He won't win us many games but we can't just shuffle QBs. I know he played poorly in is 3 INT half of a game. But, he came in having to air it out and not having played in a few weeks. He actually had decent touch of his short passes for a change. He'll continue to throw multiple pick games a few deep grabs will finally open up our running game. That will hopefully help get some points on the board and make our losses less embarrassing.

Well, so much for sticking with decisions. All I have to say is that Mangini must be under some internal heat to get the browns to stop playing such shitty football that he has gone into that mode where coaches just change whatever they can in order to attempt to win one football game. You stay the course when you have confidence in your long term vision of a team. Confusion and chaos reign in cleveland for another year.

This is all true except I think in this situation, the coach knows this team is not the team that will fulfill his vision. 1....2....3

ROSTER FLIP!

Im with WPB here, the NUMBER 1 WORST thing that can happen is us drafting a QB in the first round of next years draft. We do not have the talent on this team that a rookie can come in and devolp sucessfully. All we will do is ruin somebody elses career. We need to build this team up with talent, Eric Berry for starters next year then get our QB. I hoped it would be Quin so we didnt have to draft a QB down the road but that ship has sailed with Mangi pulling him after 3 games (only in cleveland would something like that take place). Hope we can get that first round out of him now. If you knew you were only gonna give him a short lease to suceed or fail they should have just traded him at peak value. How freaking stupid do you have to be to believe that any QB can be successful with the talent we have on this team after 3 games. What a freaking joke. Oh by the way where are those damn rookie WR we drafted in the 2nd round. We must have drafted like shit because i see rookie WRs picked after our guys being big contributors to their new teams. Meanwhile our guys havent even seen the damn field.

Anderson is the better prospect. Let's all deal with that and move on.

Maybe he saves the season, maybe he sucks and we start with a new QB next year.

But I've seen enough of Quinn to know that Anderson brings more to the table with his arm and quick release. You get a guy like Anderson to play smarter and more disciplined ... you've got something.

Quinn has pretty average skills and he's not ready for prime time.

Anderson has better skills and more seasoning.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Like I said ... make the switch after three games if Quinn doesn't start doing something.

EXCELLENT move Mangini.

Now let's blow out the Bungles and remember what it was like when football was fun.

Zombo

Instead of celebrating, you should be concerned that the head coach isn't as smart as you are and after going through a prolonged camp competition with the intent of eliminating any controversy and committing to one of the QB's, he admits (implicitly only of course) he can't evaluate QB's at all.

Sounds a lot like the guy we just fired methinks. Its truly mind boggling. I simply have to hope that Quinn pulled a mental hammy and did a 180 degree regression from preseason/last year to his 10 quarters this year. Any other explanation is an awful reflection on Mangini & Co.

Also, the bolded sentence in your post strikes me. If DA develops into a playoff caliber QB I'll have to bow down to the almighty Z (and will gladly do it), but my money is on DA not developing into that type of QB anytime soon.

“I felt like I went out there and did what I can do,” Anderson said.

The fact that this guy somehow thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half of football is "okay", tells me he's not overly interested in learning the cerebral aspects of the game. No accountability at all. Something like, "It was a tough situation being down 20 and I really pressed to try and make something happen. I'd like those throws back again, but was excited to be out there competiting" would have been nice.

You know what... I'm not all that upset by the move... Unless our game plan stays the same as our first 3 games. We can not go into Cincy with a game plan that does not include the two drafted WR's that have been playing tiddly winks on the sidelines. Get those guys out on the field and spread the field, create some friggin space. Robiskie and MMass need to be playing.. Don't do the same thing to them that has been done to BQ. Generate some 1 v 1 coverage. Change up the running game. Use Cribbs more in that "Flash" offense. We do have some talent. The play calling has been elementary at best.

If we don't change our game plan with DA behind AM, then we are going to see the same crap. Muffin Top better be on Daboll to change up this game plan and be creative or a loss this Sunday would be his last game in a Browns pull over IMO.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Brady Quinn good luck in whatever uniform he ends up in next. I would also like to apologize to him for the way he was mistreated by the Cleveland Browns coaching staff(s) since the day he was drafted. I am 30 years old and have been wathcing football my entire life. Never can I remember a first round QB getting only 6 starts over the course of 3 seasons in which to prove himself. Especially when there was NO true starting QB in front of him. Brady, you deserve a lot better. Good luck! I can't say that you are the QB we need here in Cleveland, but I will say that you deserved more of an opportunity here!

Browns fans, today we have witnessed our coach, Eric Mangini, make a decision that makes this team officially the laughing stock of, not only the NFL, but the sports world as a whole! I am a loyal fan through and through. And I will continue to support this team even if I never see them win another game. But, I truely think that we have just taken a turn toward the real possibility of losing this franchise again. The petition going around online to sell the team already gives the NFL a serious issue to contend with here in Cleveland. Now, with this move, Mangini has given the fans even more reason to lash out against Lerner and the Browns management and coaching staff. I WILL NOT SIGN OR SUPPORT the petition. Regardless of who the owner of the team is, fan support is needed in order to keep our team. We reacted similarly when Art Modell owned the Browns. We lashed out because he couldn't build a team to get us to the Super Bowl. He took his team and left. What is to stop Randy from doing the same thing? SUPPORT OUR BROWNS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM IN CLEVELAND! If they are here, there will always be a slight hope. If they leave, there is none!!

Don't forget BQ felt the need to hold out. That ruined him for the first year and paved the way for DA. Can only blame himself there.

Modell didn't move the team because we yelled. He moved because the city wouldn't give him a great deal like Baltimore did.

Lerner won't sell the team because there's a petition. It will allow the fans to vent some steam.... bring the BP down a little.

What's stopping him from moving the team? The long flight to away games for his LIVERPOOL BROWNS. Besides, the other 31 owners wouldn't agree to fly across the pond for their away games either.

well, its good old 'giant foot'.

At this point, who cares ???? just win the dam game. I will praise the coach when he wins something.

Cant wait to see his stat line... its either 16/31 300+ 3 TD 1 INT or 16/31 300+ 1 TD 3 INT.

Bermeck (there treating it like a BYE week down here...come on Brownies, kick thier ***)

Glen, Quinn's holdout in his rookie year had little bearing on him not playing. Had he been at camp day 1 he still wouldn't of gotten a fair shot at the starting gig due to RAC's loathing of rookies.

You may have a point.

While I think juggling both duties is too much for most people to pull off effectively, we need a guy that can handle coaching and being responsible for drafting his players. How much of the draft falls on Mangini? Anyone? Cuz I don't know personally.

Is Kokinis drafting them and Mangini gets to decide whether or not they get to play? Or does Mangini have the final word on who we draft?

This previous line is exactly how I feel now about the game this coming Sunday

"Watching Derek Anderson is like watching "The Sixth Sense" on TBS... sure it's got it's moments... but I already know how it ends."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4517060

Jeff Garcia is available. Veteran QB available.

He was the first thing I thought when I heard about last Sunday's results.

Bring him in to compete with DA for this season, trade BQ off for some kind of need and end this mess. At the end of the season, you decide if you need to trade, draft or sit on what you have for a QB for next season.

Bring him in to compete with DA for this season, trade BQ off for some kind of need and end this mess. At the end of the season, you decide if you need to trade, draft or sit on what you have for a QB for next season.

D&S, what do you think we could get for Quinn? I don't see how he can have much value now.

You do realize Garcia has been here before, right? And how that turned out?

Man whoever gets him is in for a big year... 3 yards and a cloud of dust, as the defenders that'd crowded the line unpile after yet another short gain.

We're assuming the team he goes to actually isn't the worst talented/coached team in the league. If Quinn gets out of this shit hole and finds himself in a decent situation, he will flourish and you're going to look pretty drunk and stupid.

We're assuming the team he goes to actually isn't the worst talented/coached team in the league. If Quinn gets out of this shit hole and finds himself in a decent situation, he will flourish and you're going to look pretty drunk and stupid.

You should probably keep quiet about your opinion of Quinn 'til he does something to make it appear you know what you are talking about.

You should probably keep quiet about your opinion of Quinn 'til he does something to make it appear you know what you are talking about.

Jon Gruden on Sirius radio today ( when asked to comment on the problems of JaMarcus and Brady ) that he wishes he had the keys to Quinn for 1 season because he has the desire, brains, build and arm to succeed in this game.

Would that be someone who knows what they are talking about?

Archived