THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson to start against the Bengals

OconRecon

Sorry...I want more than that.

I'm not beating off celebrating that "my QB" is now starting again like some of you.

.500 still sucks. Inconsistency at the QB position sucks. I'm happy for you that it's ok in your world, but I want more than that.

Both QB's suck and we're drafting another xxxxing QB in round 1 in 2010 and that isn't good.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Captain Dickbrain...

Try to follow how a BROWNS fan thinks..

If Quinn isn't the answer (clearly not so far) and if Anderson shits all over himself or continues to be mr. inconsistent, the Browns are drafting a QB in round 1 next year because we would've found out that we don't have the QB of the future on the team right now and that is a bad thing for the future of this team. This team has many holes and doesn't need to be drafting a QB in the first round next year so I goddamn hope that the future of this team is already on the roster. Quinn hasn't shown to be the guy so far and Anderson's career has been a study in inconsistency and a guy who is basically an 8-8 QB (at best) isn't the guy to lead us to a super bowl, let alone the playoffs.

Oh here we go, this sucks, it really does. Im sick and tired of having our defense worn out by fricken picks all day. Its maddening. You do know that this descision is gonna blow up in his face right? If Derek wins, Ill change my tune, but I can see a pick 6 to Maualuga coming soon to a stadium near you!

(now that would be TRUE irony, DA pick 6 to ReyRey)

Which decision?

The one to come here and inherit this QB clusterphuck would have blown the average dude's head off? He gave it a lengthy look and realized his next decision was to decide which poison would keep his head coaching career alive. Then he learns he has to sip both poisons and hope to keep a pulse.

The sad truth for us all is that Quinn sucking doesn't make DA a good QB. For example, 3 INTs in 1 half. That said - in fairness to Dumb Ass, he didn't get the week to prepare for the Ratbirds with the 1st Offense. He DID drive us to our only points and it was nice to see a guy that wasn't petrified to throw passes greater than 10 yards. Quit blaming offensive coordinators, bad coaching and everybody but Quinn for that folks. He stunk and we were WRONG. There's nothing to argue about. We're the Cleveland Browns so our best QB can only have 2 brain cells that aren't on speaking terms. And just when you think we might be overcoming such a thing - he gets sacked by a blade of grass only assisted by the referee's whistle. Warm fuzzies? You bet!

Furthermore, I couldn't think of a better team for Dumb Ass to get his first start of this season against. This way if he's back to his INT tendencies - at least we can say he was throwing it to the guys wearing orange helmets. In the process, we get to party like it's 1999 all over again. That was ONLY 10 years ago. I've had so much practice perfecting baby steps, moral victories and next year that it's become instinctive.

I'll root for Dumb Ass this Sunday and if he sucks - they prolly won't wait too long before they put in Ratliff. I'd rather FREAKIN win than deal with that crap though. It looks like the countdown to Colts McCoys has already begun.

- Tom F.

Sorry...I want more than that.

I'm not beating off celebrating that "my QB" is now starting again like some of you.

.500 still sucks. Inconsistency at the QB position sucks. I'm happy for you that it's ok in your world, but I want more than that.

Both QB's suck and we're drafting another xxxxing QB in round 1 in 2010 and that isn't good.

I'm seeing people here say the team sucks, the coaches suck, the offense sucks, and they don't have any targets to throw to... and if a QB comes in and somehow gets this team to .500 he sucks too.

Anderson took a four win team, that looked like crap in it's first start of '07, to 10 wins in his first season of starts... and many of the same guys who are blaming him for not reaching the playoffs are willing to sit on Quinn for as long as it takes...

I say, stick with Anderson for now, unless he really does start throwing the predicted 3 to 1 INT to TD games some here predict, then make a decision at the end of the season. I think a first round QB would also be a mistake. If Anderson truly does suck at season's end, time for a blockbuster trade, if not it's time to build the O line and keep eyes open for a talented guy to work in.

I'm seeing people here say the team sucks, the coaches suck, the offense sucks, and they don't have any targets to throw to... and if a QB comes in and somehow gets this team to .500 he sucks too.

Anderson took a four win team, that looked like crap in it's first start of '07, to 10 wins in his first season of starts... and many of the same guys who are blaming him for not reaching the playoffs are willing to sit on Quinn for as long as it takes...

I say, stick with Anderson for now, unless he really does start throwing the predicted 3 to 1 INT to TD games some here predict, then make a decision at the end of the season. I think a first round QB would also be a mistake. If Anderson truly does suck at season's end, time for a blockbuster trade, if not it's time to build the O line and keep eyes open for a talented guy to work in.

Blockbuster trade? What do we have to offer in a blockbuster trade? The #1 overall? NOBODY's taken that bait lately. IMHO, Quinn's done in Cleveland- trade him now to the Dolphins- Pennington is out for the year, and it eliminates the qb controversy.

Yeah, DA will probably get the rest of the year to show he can regain his ProBowl form, and if he doesn't, it will send Mangini out the door for a mega- screw up.

Blockbuster trade? What do we have to offer in a blockbuster trade? The #1 overall? NOBODY's taken that bait lately. IMHO, Quinn's done in Cleveland- trade him now to the Dolphins- Pennington is out for the year, and it eliminates the qb controversy.

Yeah, DA will probably get the rest of the year to show he can regain his ProBowl form, and if he doesn't, it will send Mangini out the door for a mega- screw up.

Blockbuster was probably a strong word, but put together a package deal for a decent Qb from a team that has an excess, or pluck a middle range starter from another team and work had to build the line in front of him, etc.

D&S what you suggest is obvious.

What you seem to be blinded by is faith that somehow the player that makes you a Browns fan will after, what, 9 years of college/NFL experience all of a sudden...

... stop making really poor decisions ...

... get NFL accurate on short passes ...

... develop NFL average mobility/athleticism for a QB (i.e., not falling down in the pocket) ...

... stop looking confused/tentative/lost/whatever in pressure/2 minute situations.

I'd love nothing more than for this to happen especially with the apparent Quinn flame out. Call me zany, but I have some concerns and think its far more likely that we don't have our QB on the roster.

if you want Anderson soak up the glory, then he eats the blame as well.

He took a 4 win team to 10-6 and then led it back to 4 wins again.

Based on his most recent body of work, he blows worse than Quinn. Or are we going to blame the 'team' for Anderson's suck?

Guest Masters

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis didn't sound blown away by Anderson's career-high five-touchdown performance two Septembers ago.

''I think that day led him to a big contract and being able to stay in the starting job,'' Lewis said on a conference call Wednesday. ''We were one interception from him probably not being in that job. But we didn't make the plays, they did and they went on to win the football game. A lot has passed since then.''

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/62990047.html

After everything people have saw from Brady Abs u really think he will flourish in this league? U are in the minority. Maybe people should have listen to Jimmy Johnson and Mel Kiper three years ago

I think when you signed up you spelled your name wrong. :lol::blink::lol:

Based on his most recent body of work, he blows worse than Quinn. Or are we going to blame the 'team' for Anderson's suck?

So Anderson Blows beacuse the team blew the whole year. Dropped balls from everyone for a whole year. I find it strange when It is a whole team sucks it is Andersons fault. Brady Abs is in everyone else. Can we all just agree Brady Abs will never be a successful starter in this league

So Anderson Blows beacuse the team blew the whole year. Dropped balls from everyone for a whole year. I find it strange when It is a whole team sucks it is Andersons fault. Brady Abs is in everyone else. Can we all just agree Brady Abs will never be a successful starter in this league

Read the post to which I was responding, then read my post s-l-o-w-e-r.

Then try to think about what I was saying.

Jesus, WTF are they teaching in schools nowadays.

Actually, he was on a bit of a roll, won 3 of 5 before he was demoted. Do you really think he'd have lost to Denver and Buffalo? They'd have been sitting at 5 and 5 with not too hard of a schedule coming up. I doubt they'd win ten, more like 7. Last year can basically be tossed out the window... injuries to a large portion of the team early on really tore up any shot they had at going far.

Actually, he was on a bit of a roll, won 3 of 5 before he was demoted. Do you really think he'd have lost to Denver and Buffalo? They'd have been sitting at 5 and 5 with not too hard of a schedule coming up. I doubt they'd win ten, more like 7. Last year can basically be tossed out the window... injuries to a large portion of the team early on really tore up any shot they had at going far.

Brady Quinn didn't lose to BUF, so your only argument is DEN.

Considering who else he had lost to that season, yes, it is ENTIRELY possible he would have lost to DEN. I guess we'll never know.

Now, as you KEEP saying, he went 10-5, as if there weren't other players involved in DAs success. You want him to take all the glory, but none of the blame. When the team wins, it's DAs great play, and when they lose, it's always someone else's fault.

You even made excuses for WHY he came in and threw INTs - the same excuses that, for Quinn, were just excuses and proof that he sucks.

Frankly, I'm tired of the DA supporters, and you've made it impossible for me to like the guy. I *want* him to fail just so I can watch you guys trip over yourselves trying to make excuses.

So, there you go. It's childish, yes, but I'm sick of you losers hanging around to support ONE GUY.

Considering who else he had lost to that season, yes, it is ENTIRELY possible he would have lost to DEN. I guess we'll never know.

Now, as you KEEP saying, he went 10-5, as if there weren't other players involved in DAs success. You want him to take all the glory, but none of the blame. When the team wins, it's DAs great play, and when they lose, it's always someone else's fault.

You even made excuses for WHY he came in and threw INTs - the same excuses that, for Quinn, were just excuses and proof that he sucks.

Frankly, I'm tired of the DA supporters, and you've made it impossible for me to like the guy. I *want* him to fail just so I can watch you guys trip over yourselves trying to make excuses.

So, there you go. It's childish, yes, but I'm sick of you losers hanging around to support ONE GUY.

whats the bid deal if we support the qb we like... u support quinn thats the guy u like... u talking him up doesnt make me dislike him anymore...

DA is not going to be the next Brett Farve or Tom Brady, but in that same sense either is Quinn...

But with all that said im sick of talking about these two and i just wanna see a xxxxing win, or better yet some TD's

whats the bid deal if we support the qb we like... u support quinn thats the guy u like... u talking him up doesnt make me dislike him anymore...

You have to have been here for a while to understand. Well, that and look at some of the trolling threads we have on here (started by none other than owner himself).

In fact, your first few posts were along those lines, so maybe you will never understand.

Basically every DA supporter has gone about their support by attacking Quinn. You CAN support your 'guy' without attacking the other guys. That's what has happened with this debate.

He sure was on a roll.

We beat Cincy (who couldn't?) and he had a great game against the Giants on Monday Night...

Then what?

37.8% CP against Washington- Loss

51.9% CP against Jacksonville (wasn't a bad game for him, but Jacksonville's D was terrible)- Win

Here's the kicker:

51.5% CP against Baltimore... On the drive he needed to take the lead.... Pick 6 to Terrell Suggs. And it wasn't pretty. The only short pass DA could complete is to the other team, and it was just sad. That pick 6 sealed the game for Baltimore.

What good is a QB that can only beat bad teams? Year in and year out we will play both good and bad teams. DA beat one good team in all of his starts, and that was against the Giants in a great game that teased us.

In 2007 we played the weakest schedule in the league. 19 of his 29 TD's came against teams that drafted in the top 9 (or would have if they didn't trade their pick) of the 2008 draft. Those teams are Cincy x2, Baltimore x2, San Fran, Oakland, Miami, St. Louis, NY Jets. Miami and St. Louis he threw 6 of those 29 TD's and threw 7 TD's in 2 games against Cincy.

When he faces a top 15 defense, he gets handled. Pitt, NE, Seattle, and Zona. Yeah, we had a really weak schedule.

My theory was proved opening up 2008 against Pitt, Baltimore and Dallas, all 3 top 10 defenses healthy (Baltimore's defense wasn't that great in 2007 because of a ton of injuries) and he was garbage.

Anybody thinking that Anderson is a good QB is sadly mistaken. He's average at best. Average QB's beat bad teams and can't beat good teams.

Apparently you can't count... Denver win number 4, Buffalo win number 5. Earlier I was told DA led that team to another 4 win season... he led them to 3 wins in 8 games, the 1 and 8 was pretty much on other people.

If Quinn had stayed in on Sunday, the coaches changed the plan to 4 and 5 wides, and he'd thrown 3 ints, I'd have said the exact same thing about him that I did about DA... put in a bad position, the ints weren't totally unexpected. I've said that repeatedly about the game and it wouldn't have changed if Quinn was in there.

Coming into '08 season, everyone here expected the team to be better not because of DA but because of the additional moves the Browns made at some key positions... the team, not the QB, was supposed to be better. Now you're telling me how good that '07 team was and how they carried DA and how he screwed the team up last year. I've said all along '08 wasn't crappy because of DA, there was a lot wrong with the entire team, that for me implies that the team was also a part of DA's success in '07... no, well maybe few, QB can carry a horrible team like some people here seem to think.

The next couple games will show whether this year's start was on the team, the QB, or a combination of the two (most likely scenario).

He sure was on a roll.

We beat Cincy (who couldn't?) and he had a great game against the Giants on Monday Night...

Then what?

37.8% CP against Washington- Loss

51.9% CP against Jacksonville (wasn't a bad game for him, but Jacksonville's D was terrible)- Win

Here's the kicker:

51.5% CP against Baltimore... On the drive he needed to take the lead.... Pick 6 to Terrell Suggs. And it wasn't pretty. The only short pass DA could complete is to the other team, and it was just sad. That pick 6 sealed the game for Baltimore.

What good is a QB that can only beat bad teams? Year in and year out we will play both good and bad teams. DA beat one good team in all of his starts, and that was against the Giants in a great game that teased us.

In 2007 we played the weakest schedule in the league. 19 of his 29 TD's came against teams that drafted in the top 9 (or would have if they didn't trade their pick) of the 2008 draft. Those teams are Cincy x2, Baltimore x2, San Fran, Oakland, Miami, St. Louis, NY Jets. Miami and St. Louis he threw 6 of those 29 TD's and threw 7 TD's in 2 games against Cincy.

When he faces a top 15 defense, he gets handled. Pitt, NE, Seattle, and Zona. Yeah, we had a really weak schedule.

My theory was proved opening up 2008 against Pitt, Baltimore and Dallas, all 3 top 10 defenses healthy (Baltimore's defense wasn't that great in 2007 because of a ton of injuries) and he was garbage.

Anybody thinking that Anderson is a good QB is sadly mistaken. He's average at best. Average QB's beat bad teams and can't beat good teams.

I get it... Seat Anderson and lose to EVERYBODY with Quinn. Great idea. I have never said Anderson is the franchise QB, a great QB, or the team's future, but I have defended him from the idiots on this board who call him a lousy QB. I'll take average at best over the current alternatives 'til the Browns can find a legit franchise QB.

I get it... Seat Anderson and lose to EVERYBODY with Quinn. Great idea. I have never said Anderson is the franchise QB, a great QB, or the team's future, but I have defended him from the idiots on this board who call him a lousy QB. I'll take average at best over the current alternatives 'til the Browns can find a legit franchise QB.

So we play 3 very good defenses... with this joke that we call an offense, and you just know everything?

Doubtful.

DA is garbage. 3 INT's in one half just proves it even more.

Oh... And just another thing. WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!

Why do people think that we are all of a sudden going to win 10 games if we change our QB's all of a sudden. We're rebuilding. New HC, new GM, new OC, new DC, new ST coach, 26 new players, and people want to make us out to be a winning program? We're not even average.

Let the kid have his reps. We've wasted a season and a half with DA, why can't we give Quinn 10-16 games? I mean, shit, we gave Charlie Frye 19 starts... But we can't give a former first round pick more than 6? Really?

I want to find out if he can turn into a real QB. DA obviously isn't a real QB. When we want to play St. Mary's Team of the Blind, we'll bring in DA so he can throw 3-5 TD's.

But I want a QB that can beat Dallas, New England, and most importantly Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Is Quinn that? Probably not, but 5.5 games isn't going to tell us.

DA obviously can't do it, so why are we keeping him in?

I mean, shit, we gave Charlie Frye 19 starts... But we can't give a former first round pick more than 6? Really?

This is the thing that blows my mind. Charlie Frye was a DREADFUL QB - you could see it early on, but he STILL got an entire season as THE unquestioned starter (until he was injured). I think he might have even had a better team around him.

I shake my head in disbelief.

Oh... And just another thing. WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!

Why do people think that we are all of a sudden going to win 10 games if we change our QB's all of a sudden. We're rebuilding. New HC, new GM, new OC, new DC, new ST coach, 26 new players, and people want to make us out to be a winning program? We're not even average.

Let the kid have his reps. We've wasted a season and a half with DA, why can't we give Quinn 10-16 games? I mean, shit, we gave Charlie Frye 19 starts... But we can't give a former first round pick more than 6? Really?

I want to find out if he can turn into a real QB. DA obviously isn't a real QB. When we want to play St. Mary's Team of the Blind, we'll bring in DA so he can throw 3-5 TD's.

But I want a QB that can beat Dallas, New England, and most importantly Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Is Quinn that? Probably not, but 5.5 games isn't going to tell us.

DA obviously can't do it, so why are we keeping him in?

So you'd rather take a chance at winning zip than winning 5 or 6?

Unfortunately, wins, the more the merrier, sell seats. It's tough for team ownership and management to write off a season just to give 1 guy his shot. My guess is that if they really think Quinn has more potential than DA we'll be seeing him soon enough, otherwise I suspect they're satisfied they've seen enough of him.

So you'd rather take a chance at winning zip than winning 5 or 6?

Unfortunately, wins, the more the merrier, sell seats. It's tough for team ownership and management to write off a season just to give 1 guy his shot. My guess is that if they really think Quinn has more potential than DA we'll be seeing him soon enough, otherwise I suspect they're satisfied they've seen enough of him.

The Browns have been perennial losers, and are always sold out.

Bad excuse.

the idiots on this board who call him a lousy QB.

I'm not sure how "lousy" doesn't fit.

If you were the worst in the department of whatever you do, wouldn't you most likely be considered "lousy"?

DA was the worst rated passer last year and in his 2 quarters so far this year threw 3 INT's. I'm struggling to see how that isn't "lousy".

Sorry, I must be dense.

If you were the worst in the department of whatever you do, wouldn't you most likely be considered "lousy"?

DA was the worst rated passer last year and in his 2 quarters so far this year threw 3 INT's. I'm struggling to see how that isn't "lousy".

Sorry, I must be dense.

you also forget he barely played any games and was injured the rest of the year, so why don't you go and look at 2007?

Sorry, I must be dense.

If this guy turned my department around the previous year, then came to work in questionable health and didn't perform up to his previous standards to the point that I had to send him home... then his replacements couldn't match the output he had in his bad times, and I brought him back in the middle of a deal gone sour and it didn't pan out.... I'd give him a shot on the next project. I'd keep my eye on him for sure, but when his replacements can't do the things he did, and they were things I thought the department needed, I'd give him a shot.

DA wasn't the "worst rated passer last year", he was only the worst if you looked at it one particular way. There were a bunch of NFL QBs who'd have preferred to have DA's results last season. Heck, even Hasselbeck put up a 57 passers rating, just one game short of qualifying to be on the list DA squeezed on to. He had a very bad year, under suspect circumstances. People made a big deal about Quinn's health affecting his play, not DA's. Well Quinn is healthy this season and looks no different. 3 ints in a throw-away half means nothing. If he goes in this game and plays the same way, then maybe you've got a legitimate claim... but 'til then you're grasping.

Archived