THE BROWNS BOARD

Lums was right

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

ATE... you couldnt hold DA or Quinns jock... although it kinda seems as if you would like to hold DA's jock... Did you know that the last 4 touchdays thrown by a Browns QB have been by Brady Quinn... where has DA been?

Oh thats right, throwing picks and riding pine... exactly what he's good at

Either Lums has your password, or your sniffing too much glue man.

I know what we need, another thread to start a DA/BQ debate. Let's ignore the bigger picture.

I really hope DA does well, especially for you. At least one of us should be excited if we make 3-13 this season.

ummmm....did DA play well and I missed it?

Guest ATENEARS

I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

Load up on this DA kid, he's special

CLE started 0-3 last season with the following lines from QB who will be starting on Sunday

vs DAL 11/24, 114 yards, 4.8 Y/A, 0 INT, 1 TD, 74QBR

vs PIT 18/32, 166 yards, 5.2 Y/A, 2 INT, 0 TD, 44.5QBR

vs BAL 14/37, 125 yards, 3.4 Y/A, 3 INT, 1 TD, 22.9QBR

Is this years start really all that worse w/ a different guy under center, with less weapons on offense this year than there were last year?

I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

Load up on this DA kid, he's special

would that be the over on 3 INT's??? Gotcha. Sure thing. Will do!!!

Come on Ate...as bad as Quinn played, DA had 30.9 QBR...Quinn had a 42.7....so how are you saying that DA did better? Sure, he moved us into FG range 1x...but also threw 3 picks!!!

But but but he was playing from behind and trying to make up for Quinn's boring game. He was just trying to "make something happen". you have to forgive him all that bad decision making. Forget all the times he made bad decisions. It will be different now because.....because....well just because!!!!

i agree with Stan and JADBF on this one.

ATENEARS is afraid of this thing called smart football... he is afraid of having a run game, set of a short passing game, which sets up the deep threat.

ATENEARS doesnt understand progression. He just wants our QB out there slinging it to braylon for 40 yds on every play whether he is triple covered or not. ATENEARS doesnt understand that DA is as dumb as a rock and throws picks all day, ATENEARS doesnt understand he has the nickname ANDERCEPTION for a reason. Did DA really move our Offense more than BQ? Subtract the yards he threw for by the yards on interceptions, and subtract his miraculous field goal opportunity for the 7 Baltimore then scored off of a pick..

Not only did BQ have a better QBR, but BQ only threw the ball 8 times!!! 8 times... what are you expecting?

6/8 200yds? thats 33ypc... thats not realistic. Did you know that DA's stats were much worse last year in his 3 starts, and thats with a better team (including Winslow, and a serviceable line).

We all know your just trying to rile up Quinn fans so you can sit at home and laugh at us, even though you claim you just want the QB that will get us the W, what you really want is to boost the post count of your board with this foolishness

I know your older than I am most likely, start acting like it

I have been all Quinn since day one and still think he can be a good QB but something don't seem right with him. He doesn't look like the same QB from last year.

I am ok with the move and trust me I have never been a DA fan and I get mad with the TO too, but he looked better in the pocket when he came in then Quinn has looked all year. I will stand behind either QB as long as they win.

I hope they are not stupid and take a QB with there 1st round pick, that would be a big mistake. There really isn't any QB coming out the impresses me so hopefully DA will take this thing over and learn and grow in the mistakes he has made in the past. All QB stuggle and throw INT but he seems to throw them at the wrong time.

2010 1st pick- ERIC BERRY-TENNESSEE= Animal

What was he right about, that's what I want to know. We still don't know if Quinn is garbage or not thanks to Mangini, and probably never will until he wins a Superbowl with another team a la Bernie Kosar.

Stan your prediction that the Browns would win against the Ravens was a joke, kinda like you and Lums.

ATENEARS is afraid of this thing called smart football... he is afraid of having a run game, set of a short passing game, which sets up the deep threat.

We dont have a running game with twinkle toes JL, That is why we use the short passes.

The problem with that is there is only one guy who can catch and he is the 3rd WR (Furrey)

Will Cribbs get thrown under the bus as a WR like BQ did as QB? It would be a major improvement.

I came to laugh at the losers over here but now i feel kind of dirty. Its like the time i was walking through the portland zoo and saw the monkey playing with himself. This might be the most pathetic place on the interweb.

LUMBERGH! WHAT THE FRUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!?

oh yeah I forgot. You stayed here just long enough to say TOLD YOU SO!

your work is done. you may leave here now. Instead of waiting to read your next post the 16 remaining members should be home taking the Brady posters off the walls of their mother's basements now.

Wait... there's an I told you so in here? From whom? Someone who thinks DA is good?

He. Was. The. Lowest. Rated. Passer. In. The. NFL.

Then he had a 56 passer rating in the preseason. Then he had a 33 last Sunday. What's next, Jamarcus Russell territory?

The only "I told you so" would come from people who have said both of our QBs suck. That's it.

Brady. Sucks.

Told you so.

Brady. Sucks.

Told you so.

So far..yes he certainly has...

My question to the people gloating about this is....how do you explain the 3 int, no TD and 30 Qb rating last week from Anderson? Or how do you explain the fact that Quinn sucks that bad and yet he outplayed Anderson in the preseason?

Quinn sucks....Anderson sucks as well. We don't have a QB. I only hope one of these two stiffs plays well enough so that we don't have to draft a QB in the first round again.

The DA fags will quietly gloss over the fact that DA looked like the same old DA on Sunday because right now they're too busy dancing in the streets

You mean dancing in the streets like an Afganni shooting thier guns in the air?

Surely no one here would do such a thing when the TEAM is 0-3...

The DA fags will quietly gloss over the fact that DA looked like the same old DA on Sunday because right now they're too busy dancing in the streets that we get to see the turnover machine in action on Sunday, and of course because Quinn was benched.

And in the end that's what it comes down to for those guys. It sure as hell ain't about seeing the Browns win, its about seeing the horse they backed starting on Sunday, what happens during those 60 minutes on the field is just an amusing sideshow.

It's some really sick shit, but just about everybody on this site recognizes them for what they are so let them ramble on about this and that. After all guys, with the Browns 0-3 and not going anywhere I think on some sort of delusional level they take a morbid amount of joy watching Quinn get benched. They sure as hell don't have anything on the field to root for, so at least they can say they rooted for a "winner" even if it is an oaf of a QB.

I could handle a 4-12 (or worse season) seeing Quinn start because that will prove either he doesn't or he does have it.

I can't handle the same from Anderson. Since Anderson is better, my expectations have now risen to 9-7, at least. It's all about wins from the guy the gives us a better chance win. No pussy excuses about how the teams sucks, bray-bray is dropping balls, the line sucks, no running game, etc. Anderson is supposed to be better - let's see it. He went 10-5 two years ago all by himself, so I expect at least 9-7 is fair. No 'well Anderson had a good day, but he doesn't play defense'. Too damn bad, a loss is a loss.

Can anyone explain to me how 'playing the guy who gives us the best chance to win' doesn't apply to every other position? Notably RB?

Archived