THE BROWNS BOARD

The real root of the problem in this organization....

PlaygroundLegend

First off, we need to know what other winning organizations do. Most winning football teams develop their players/team/gameplans over time. There is no Quick fix easy to be found (sorry to all of those in the flacco, ryan, sanchez camp, they are the exception not the rule). Other teams do not have 4 coaching staffs in 10 years, at least not the successfull ones, other teams do not have constant rotating offensive and defensive co-ordinators (at least not the successfull ones), and other teams do not freak out and pull their rookie 1st round QB over a few bad starts (at least not the successful ones, ie. Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Phillip rivers etc.)

Our problem ladies and gentlemen, is continuity. It has been the ONE thing this organization has lacked since it started. Our temas have never had time to gel. It takes time to develop a winner, and our fans and organization get impantient every season. The only way to succeed is to make descisions and STICK with them all the way through. Becuase when we have revolving doors at every position on the field and revolving doors in all of our administrative positions, what that shows, is INSECURITY. That is what is being given to our players... and our players show it on the field.

In my opinion... yeah, I hate Eric Mangini right now, but that doesnt mean we need to fire him and hire someone else. We need to stick with him for 4+ years, even if we loose some. Just like our draft picks, we must start tham, and stick with them through their ups and downs and show confidence in them, so they can be confident on the field and show that on Sunday.

We as fans have a part in this, Lums was right about 1 thing and 1 thing ONLY here in Cleveland, the backup seems to be the most popular guy in town, and that is a tradition we must break.

First off, we need to know what other winning organizations do. Most winning football teams develop their players/team/gameplans over time. There is no Quick fix easy to be found (sorry to all of those in the flacco, ryan, sanchez camp, they are the exception not the rule). Other teams do not have 4 coaching staffs in 10 years, at least not the successfull ones, other teams do not have constant rotating offensive and defensive co-ordinators (at least not the successfull ones), and other teams do not freak out and pull their rookie 1st round QB over a few bad starts (at least not the successful ones, ie. Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Phillip rivers etc.)

Our problem ladies and gentlemen, is continuity. It has been the ONE thing this organization has lacked since it started. Our temas have never had time to gel. It takes time to develop a winner, and our fans and organization get impantient every season. The only way to succeed is to make descisions and STICK with them all the way through. Becuase when we have revolving doors at every position on the field and revolving doors in all of our administrative positions, what that shows, is INSECURITY. That is what is being given to our players... and our players show it on the field.

In my opinion... yeah, I hate Eric Mangini right now, but that doesnt mean we need to fire him and hire someone else. We need to stick with him for 4+ years, even if we loose some. Just like our draft picks, we must start tham, and stick with them through their ups and downs and show confidence in them, so they can be confident on the field and show that on Sunday.

We as fans have a part in this, Lums was right about 1 thing and 1 thing ONLY here in Cleveland, the backup seems to be the most popular guy in town, and that is a tradition we must break.

In total agreeance with this statement. There is absolutely no solidarity without time. We, as Browns Fans, need to learn to be patient and let this play itself out!!! We need to remember, we didn't know how to do everything when we started our daily jobs and deal with the changes that occured after being there for a while. Our work management makes changes that we don't agree to and under our breathe bitch about while still doing the same job in a different way. Please understand, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but run your perfect life your way as the Browns will undoubtedly run it their way!

PGL, we get that. Trust me, we know the revolving door is an issue. The BIG problem is this board is comprised of a few hundred alcoholics. We are never going to agree on anything, except the cheerleader thread was the best one ever started!!!!!

Add emotion to the recipe and it's quite a mess, especially when we suck again.

This board is for therapeutic purposes. It's to let off steam. If I had health insurance, I would get them to pay for my internet access. Seriously. Brownsboard baby. Keeps me sane.

This hurts to type.... Mangini should be given time. Years. Agreed. My gut says this is dumb, get rid of him now, but my gut told me two bowls of chili last night was a good move. It's not fair to judge Mangini on 2.5 games. That's reserved for qb's. Low blow. Sorry.

No one expected a playoff year. No one expected this crap either.

We hoped for better. We were excited RAC was gone. We thought we'd get this qb situation figured out or at least make progress. Move one. Live and die with the other. Play to his strengths. Give him every chance to succeed.

But no, we're right where we left off.

RAC's gone..... but

We are still bickering over DA/BQ.

We still have locker room issues.

We still can't find the endzone.

We're still running an offense that looks overly simplified and predictable.

I haven't looked at the numbers but I would be surprised if our "yards on 1st down" avg. is any better than last year. Which means we're still running a lot of 2nd and 9 or even 10.

Overall, not much has changed.

I know it's not overnight. I don't need to hear it again. I don;t need to hear anything. What I need is to SEE something different. Effort. If you're gonna fail, fail big.

Fail with Cribbs actually attempting a pass. Rumor is he knows how to throw a football. Think he did more of that in his football career than attempted catches.

Fail by chucking the ball downfield now and then. You've got a circus freak when it comes to crazy catches. Instead of throwing it away if nothing is there, out it over BE's head. He grabs it or nobody does.

Fail by NOT RUNNING A QB SNEAK ON 1ST AND 10. (think I will make it a point to bring that up in every post now. Still haven't heard anybody ask about that yet.)

Fail by blitzing. Every down.

Fail by doing something we haven't seen us fail at yet.

When a team has been this bad for this long, patience is out the window.

If we knew for a fact that every single team in our situation took years to turn around, we'd be OK with waiting for this to turn around.

But there are teams out there every single year that hire new coaches, turn the page on sucking, and start kicking some ass. And, it usually starts with a new first round QB drafted.

That's why there was alot of hope for the Browns with a new coach and Brady Quinn starting his first full season.

That's already out the window too.

So here's a hearty FVCK YOU to anyone who says we have no right to be impatient.

But its the owner who must be steadfast in his decision to first pick the right people and secondly stiick with them through thick and thin the browns have a weasel for an owner and he has walked away from browns tradition and decided to pave his own style of team ,identity and tradition we havent seen real pro football from the browns since they moved...

I look at baltimore and i realize hey thats what cleveland use to have thats the kind of fans we use to be thats similar traditions to what the browns had hey that is the browns only in gay purplish uniforms...modell left his football machoism on that town and the owner respects it and lives by it and profits and wins with it but in cleveland everyone wants to forget who was the heart and soul of the browns and their fans rowdy and awesome traditions...

The owners disposition and football savvy is the heart and soul of what makes up a football team the browns are owned by a hermit that is camera shy and secretive in the way he operates his team he admits he is not football savvy and yet there is an 7 year pattern with his fingerprints all over everything that is wrong with the browns but theres no definative proof...

I like to think randy lerner wants to do the right thing and make this team a winner and maybe mangini is the guy if given time but i say to those idiot fans who say browns fans have no patience 11 years has been more than enough time to at least point in the right direction..and ya what is 2 to 4 more years if its done right?

With lerner as the owner and little big man as the sole dictator ,liar and coach i can almost gaurantee it never happens but cleveland may field a somewhat stable product in 4 years but not a championship quality team..or he could let the fanbase slowly die away like he is..cleveland is a dying city and lerner may have more sinister plans than meets the eye like a bigger emerging market starving for an nfl team..

I will forever be a browns fan but my team died and was reincarnated to baltimore along with its traditions and strong demanding fanbase that can never get enough...and ya gotta love those barking birds in the cage...hehehehe ;)

Patience is going since 1964 without crap to live on and still bleeding orange.

Continuity? You honestly believe in giving him 4 years because he 'wowed' our idiotic owner after one interview? He has to earn the right by establishing a team and showing improvement. We are clearly worse in every aspect of the game today than we were in 1999. How does that earn anyone anything?

I'm tired of being patient to see if the Browns turn it around. I think we Browns fans have been more than patient. Alot of us are getting too old to wait around another 10-20 years to see the Browns do something. By the time they get competitive or good, I will be on Social Security and using a walker.

Archived