THE BROWNS BOARD

O.k. what if?......

lodilobo

What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins?

I would say that everyone should be on the lookout for the monkeys that have flown out of my ass.

WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

Lets get one win before we start talking about 4 or 5 wins in a row. But just to play along...should it happen, all the QB controversy and talk will be over and it will be like early 2007 in here with everyone on the DA bandwagon.

Lets get one win before we start talking about 4 or 5 wins in a row. But just to play along...should it happen, all the QB controversy and talk will be over and it will be like early 2007 in here with everyone on the DA bandwagon.

That's the answer I was looking for. It would be the same that occurred in 2007. I was just trying to get an idea of what percentage of fans have now turned on Mangini to the point of no return.

Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

That's kind of the point.....Mangini has been so inconsistent in following some sort of plan....you have to wonder if this was part of his plan. It looked like 2 different offensive game plans to me, but would he really have the balls to set up Quinn to fail? I mean....what about the other players on the team? Wouldn't they see what was going on and get pissed off? Alot of this crap wreaks of Belichik....which I guess is not surprising. It will be interesting to see either way....if DA really blows this Sunday.....will Quinn come in to "give the offense a spark"?

Mike & Mike have talked about Mangini 3 mornings in a row now, and everyone is coming out of the woodwork to tear him a new one. Something just isn't right. I almost believe your theory about the plays suddenly changing for DA.

What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

I think I've got a better chance to hit the lotto 3 straight weeks than that happening.

Right. Care place a wager on the team winning 4 or 5 straight?

If DA stinks, Quinn will not be put in; he is third on the depth chart now, I'm almost sure of it. We'll see Ratliff next, and he WILL get the full season, barring injury.

I think Quinn is out of here in a couple of weeks.

Quinn cannot make the same throws that DA can make, he does not have the arm to zip a spiral through good coverage. I think Mangini said something about giving each QB plays that they were most comfortable with. I don't think Mangini would do all of this to appease everyone or to set Quinn up for failure. A coach is paid to win and any controvery like this doesn't help a coach. I do believe that Quinn had the better numbers in preseason. DA had one or two times when he looked very good in preseason.

It could benefit Quinn to sit out a couple of games and watch, who knows.

Guest Masters
I'm starting to agree with those that said Mangini knew he had no choice but to play Quinn but then purposely sabotaged his play (Don't go deep Brady, keep it short) so he could insert DA back into the lineup with out much fan backlash.

Let's be honest here. If there was even a shred of truth to this, we'd be starting to hear about it. Because there is no way Quinn's agent Tom Condon wouldn't be leaking that info in order to help get his client the hell out of dodge.

Yes or no, it doesn't matter anymore. Does it?

Could this be the purging of the QB issue in C-town?

I hope so, seeing our mismanagement of ALL the qbs on our roster leads me to beleive that after this year the debate goes away. Finish the job of clearing out 2008's losers, get what ever we can for everyone but a few.

This still doesn't stink as bad as when Trent Dildofer was our only hope.

Right. Care place a wager on the team winning 4 or 5 straight?

If DA stinks, Quinn will not be put in; he is third on the depth chart now, I'm almost sure of it. We'll see Ratliff next, and he WILL get the full season, barring injury.

I think Quinn is out of here in a couple of weeks.

I agree...no matter what, Quinn will not start in Cleveland again under Mangini.

COULD Ratliff be the "long term" plan?....If so, we're in deep doo-doo! He really stunk it up when I saw him play. In addition, Robiskie, a SECOND round pick, is INACTIVE because he needs to play special teams?...Are we THAT deep at wide receiver that we can let a 2nd round pick ROT? I'm sorry, but Mangini is really starting to tick me off.....And I SUPPORTED the guy! I'm no NFL Coach, but I WAS always lauded for motivating my employees in positive ways. I'm just not seeing how anything positive can come from the his handling of Quinn & Robiskie...& that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Mike

I totally agree with you Mike. ;)

Archived