THE BROWNS BOARD

I can't believe it happened...

Legacy Fan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To answer this before one of the Anderson supporters does....Anderson had a good game against a good defense last year when we played the Giants.

Yep. He's got a 1-8 record against good defenses in his career.

I know that he had a great game against the Giants. He was impressive. It's just too bad that he couldn't keep it up.

Which 3 games are you removing? The 3 to start last season or the 3 starts in 2006 when he stuck up the stadium like he did at the beginning of last season?

Both QB's suck...Anderson isn't the savior...he's capable of a big game..he can throw 4 TD's or 4 INT's..no one knows which will happen week to week.

Marko, the Quinnies were whining about the "circumstances" that Quinn had to deal with in his three starts this year. I pointed out that they are no worse than the circumstances Anderson dealt with in his first three games last year with all the injuries, etc. Then I said if you give Quinn a mulligan for those three games, he is just a big unknown, while if you give Anderson a mulligan for those three games he actually has a pretty impressive career start for a young QB.

There is no bias there. I'm just trying to explain something .... but unfortunately far too many Browns fans are blinded by love for Quinn and/or hate for Anderson.

The fact that Anderson is the better option right now seems reasonable to me. I didn't declare him a saviour or anything else. I just think he gives us a better chance to win a football game this Sunday.

Everything after that is Quinn Fagdom rearing its ugly head. Yes, I went there.

Zombo

The sad thing is, the Browns are no closer to being competitive than they were in 99 when they came back. It has been 10 years and we are still playing like an expansion club. UGH!

You know, I think Tampa Bay still did worse in its first several years as an expansion club.

Guest ATENEARS
Actually, we always know what will happen.

If the defense is garbage, Anderson lights it up.

If the defense is average or better, he's terrible.

You had me at "Lights it up".

The freak year was 08, not 07.

Joe out, Stallworth out, Winslow out ... we started the season with Steptoe as our #2 option and Dinkins as our healthiest Tight end ... I will give a prize out to whoever tells me where they both are right now.

Zombo

Wow. Two straight (term used loosely) pages of a complete and total willingness to give Anderception a mulligan for 1st 3 games of '08 but not the same for Queef for this year. Both offenses are in complete disarray - (remind me who our TE & #2 receiver this year is again)- I'd say the circumstances are pretty effing similar.

Look Z, you take away DA's 1st 3 games of last season, and he's still a scattershot QB. A monster game against the Giants, a couple of serviceable games (still hovering around the 50% completion percentage, low 200 yds area) and then a couple of real stinkers. He is what he has been for his 5 years in the league & 4 years in college. He is the NFL QB equivalent of an Aneurysm.

IF ANYBODY is getting a prize, it should be me, for my new totally awesome nicknames for both of our QB's. <_< Brady Queef, & Derek Aneurysm. Kill me.

Winslow was phucking injured you dipshit and Lewis blew.

DA was coming off a concusion and BE was coming off an injury, they had lost their chemistry and SEDRICK PHUCKING STEPTOE WAS THE #2 WIDEOUT. I just don't understand how you can say Quinn's circumstances the last three games were any worse than Anderson's the first three games last year. It's just bias, plain and simple.

You, my friend, are a Quinn Fag.

Zombo

Way to restore that credibility, Z. Nothing like typing the words "Quinn Fag" to convince people of your air-tight reasoning.

The point of my post, since you missed it (speaking of bias...), was that last year DA was a "Pro Bowl" QB, coming off a season in which he was rewarded with a (relatively) large contract and was crowned the unquestioned starter for a team that was a trendy pick to contend for the playoffs. He was the leader of an offense that he "knew" and "excelled" in, in 2007, with the full support of the GM, coach and OC. He was supposed to be the guy and everyone (who wasn't paying attention closely) was pumped for him to "break out".

And then he started the season 0-3 and played TERRIBLY, contributing to the debacle that was our '08 season. Yes, there were injuries, I'm aware of that, but I'm not using it as an excuse for DA just like I'm not using this year's ineptitude surronding Quinn as an excuse for him.

My point, quite simply, is that you are a hypocrite. DA stunk it up and was allowed to continue his "growth" while "gaining" valuable experience.

But not Quinn. Some of us say that we think 10 quarters against 2 top D's (and Elvis Dumervil) is not enough to judge a first-time starter in any circumstance let alone the clusterfuquay that is this team, right now.

Yet your response is that it's obvious Quinn sucks after starting 0-3 but NOT obvious DA sucks after going the same 0-3 under obviously more favorable circumstances.

And I'm the biased one?

Guest Masters

Winslow was phucking injured you dipshit and Lewis blew.

Um Winslow only missed to games last year that DA started. Against the NYG and JAX.

Guest ATENEARS
A monster game against the Giants ......

You had me (again) at Monster game.

.... Bueller ..... Bueller .... Quinn .... Quinn .....?

Guest Masters
Lets not forget,

Everyone keeps using these parallels "the first three games"

To add to Dama's post DA not only was handed the keys for 08 but he returned to the EXACT same system as he had the previous year,with the EXACT same players.

What do we have this year,Cribbs as our #2,wtf?

But there was no JJ at the other WR for those first 3 games last year, BE missed some camp, DA had a concussion early in preseason, etc. (note I am mocking those excuses)

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!

if Quinn can have just a couple more games, or even the rest of the season>>> I JUST KNOW HE CAN GET IT RIGHT!!!!

i just know you can do it BQ, i just know it!!!

fuk that stupid DA, all he does is throw picks!! BQ is our savior, NOT HIM!!! (he's not even from Ohio. wtf.)

i think we should get a BQ chant goin in the stands during warmups for the Bengals game, WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!

WHOOHOO BQ!!!!

Marko, the Quinnies were whining about the "circumstances" that Quinn had to deal with in his three starts this year. I pointed out that they are no worse than the circumstances Anderson dealt with in his first three games last year with all the injuries, etc. Then I said if you give Quinn a mulligan for those three games, he is just a big unknown, while if you give Anderson a mulligan for those three games he actually has a pretty impressive career start for a young QB.

There is no bias there. I'm just trying to explain something .... but unfortunately far too many Browns fans are blinded by love for Quinn and/or hate for Anderson.

The fact that Anderson is the better option right now seems reasonable to me. I didn't declare him a saviour or anything else. I just think he gives us a better chance to win a football game this Sunday.

Everything after that is Quinn Fagdom rearing its ugly head. Yes, I went there.

Zombo

You have to throw out more than 3 games for Anderson to have a "pretty impressive start". Don't forget the 3 starts in 2006..those games count as well, including a tremendous 4 int game against a shitty Tampa Bay team. Those 3 starts combined with the end of 2007 and most of 2008 don't add up to anything impressive. Inconsistent maybe...incredibly frustrating because you never know what you're going to get week to week.

My question for everyone who is happy that Anderson is now starting and saying "he gives us a better chance to win" is this....what are all of you going to say if Anderson repeats his late 2007 performance against Cincy and throws 4 ints and looks just like he did last week against Baltimore and we get blown out again?

Way to restore that credibility, Z. Nothing like typing the words "Quinn Fag" to convince people of your air-tight reasoning.

The point of my post, since you missed it (speaking of bias...), was that last year DA was a "Pro Bowl" QB, coming off a season in which he was rewarded with a (relatively) large contract and was crowned the unquestioned starter for a team that was a trendy pick to contend for the playoffs. He was the leader of an offense that he "knew" and "excelled" in, in 2007, with the full support of the GM, coach and OC. He was supposed to be the guy and everyone (who wasn't paying attention closely) was pumped for him to "break out".

And then he started the season 0-3 and played TERRIBLY, contributing to the debacle that was our '08 season. Yes, there were injuries, I'm aware of that, but I'm not using it as an excuse for DA just like I'm not using this year's ineptitude surronding Quinn as an excuse for him.

My point, quite simply, is that you are a hypocrite. DA stunk it up and was allowed to continue his "growth" while "gaining" valuable experience.

But not Quinn. Some of us say that we think 10 quarters against 2 top D's (and Elvis Dumervil) is not enough to judge a first-time starter in any circumstance let alone the clusterfuquay that is this team, right now.

Yet your response is that it's obvious Quinn sucks after starting 0-3 but NOT obvious DA sucks after going the same 0-3 under obviously more favorable circumstances.

And I'm the biased one?

Are you even reading my posts? I said if you take away the three games, Quinn is largely an unknown. This all started by a Quinnie whining about his "circumstances". I replied that they are no worse than the circumstances that DA started 08 with, however if you take away Quinns bad three games with circumstances and take away that 3-game stretch with Anderson ... Anderson suddenly looks like a better QB overall, while Quinn just looks unknown. That's all I'm saying. Yes I know Anderson was Pro Bowler heading into 2008, that is largely my point.

Shit happened. He went into camp as the unquestioned starter, yes, he went through camp getting his timing down with Braylon Edwards and Donte Stallworth. First Braylon got hurt, then Anderson gets a concussion, then Stallworth gets hurt warming up for the first game. The team was relying on Joe to be the third receiver but he goes on IR with Staph and is done. Winslow's balls blow up like basketballs and he plays the whole season hurt, a shell of his old self. This stuff really happened. No one needs to use it as an excuse ... but if a Quinn Fag is whining about Brady's circumstances .... myself, being a Browns fan ... I'm going to come back with "well ya, but remember how bad was last year for DA? Bad circumstances for both." It doesn't matter that Quinnie is a newborn hatchling who only got three games ... he didn't play well in those three games. Anderson didn't play well in the first three games the year before. But if you look at the body of their work, outside of those three game stretches, Anderson has an impressive start to his career while Quinn is an unknown ... that's it. Just digest and try not get all fired up because I said "Quinn Fag" ... I thought that was accpeted terminology around here. Feel free to call DA Fag, Blow Boy, Horseball's Bitch or any other name ... it doesn't change my game. I've been pounding the podium about DA being underappreciated all year. Now we'll see if I'm right. Grab some popcorn.

Zombo

Z you better respond.

Looks to me like you just got owned.

Nice, rational post Dama.

woooooo. I just got owned!

So what is getting owned ... eight Quinn Fags all pressing the thanks button because it makes them feel better after their boy got pulled faster than A-cup grannie in a Wet t-shirt contest?

Zombo

[ it makes them feel better after their boy got pulled faster than A-cup grannie in a Wet t-shirt contest?

Zombo[/b]

A-Cup grannie? That's a disturbing visual...is that a regular occurance down in Naples?

Bump.

Just making sure this is easy to find for Z.

Wow, what is that six posts by Grey and Juki anxiously waiting for me to join the thread?

Sorry guys, since I wrote that last post I played in a golf tournament, got drunk, sold a house, got drunk, took my girlfriend to the Beach, partied all night, got up, had sex all morning, went to work, listed a condo, walked my dog, scratched my balls and took a three pound dump.

Now I log on to do "This Week" and you two are standing there panting like weimereiners nearly shitting yourselves because I haven't seen the memo that I got "owned" yet.

Ok ... thanks, nice memo.

Now I'm going to post "This Week", go have dinner, have sex all morning again and then go watch DA blow the Bungles out of the water. If I forget to check in to see if I got owned again, just PM me, that comes straight to my Blackberry.

Zombo

A-Cup grannie? That's a disturbing visual...is that a regular occurance down in Naples?

Yeah it is a little disturbing .... and no, that's not Naples. There are a lot of very busy, and very happy, plastic surgeons down here.

Zombo

Wow, what is that six posts by Grey and Juki anxiously waiting for me to join the thread?

Sorry guys, since I wrote that last post I played in a golf tournament, got drunk, sold a house, got drunk, took my girlfriend to the Beach, partied all night, got up, had sex all morning, went to work, listed a condo, walked my dog, scratched my balls and took a three pound dump.

Now I log on to do "This Week" and you two are standing there panting like weimereiners nearly shitting yourselves because I haven't seen the memo that I got "owned" yet.

Ok ... thanks, nice memo.

Now I'm going to post "This Week", go have dinner, have sex all morning again and then go watch DA blow the Bungles out of the water. If I forget to check in to see if I got owned again, just PM me, that comes straight to my Blackberry.

Zombo

Only sold 1 house? Poor show.

What body of work are you referring to DA 27 starts or Quinns 5 1/2?

Excuses galore for the assmunch that single handidly lost the cinci game,got a second hand ticket to the pro bowl a fat contract and won the job took all the reps in camp last year with the exact same system and sucked worse than this tired ass argument but he is the man?

Go back to having sex with houses and shitting out your thoughts,

This is some weak ass shit.

sometimes i can't even believe you are the same person. at times you type out some stuff i really agree with...but when it comes to the QB i have a hard time believing it's even you danamal.

is there more than one of you who posts as danamal? cuz i could actually relate to that--it would make sense for sure.

forget about DA in '06 and '07. forget about Quinn in '07 and '08. just like let's forget about what these guys did in college, high school, whatever. look at them today. DA throws picks and produces...and Quinn looks, well, conservative and ineffective, or "non-threatening" at best.

now look at them at their absolute best. to clarify, the best they've looked in the NFL that is.

at Anderson's best, he's very capable of competing against the best in the league>>>i truly believe this.

when he's on his game all cylinders are firing and the entire playbook is available. that's today. his performances against the Seahawks in '07, and the Giants and Colts in '08 showed he can compete at this level without a doubt and now his short game is better, which is a much needed improvement for him.

at Quinn's best Dawson kicked a bunch of 40+ yard field goals. even some 50+ yarders. pick the game, your choice. the excuse "we haven't seen Quinn at his best" is definitely hopeful, but wishful thinking ain't reality. the best we've seen from him so far would doubtfully beat the '09 Browns. ouch.

Anderson getting the nod this Sunday seems a no-brainer to me.

Guest Masters
when he's on his game all cylinders are firing and the entire playbook is available. that's today. his performances against ......Colts in '08 showed he can compete at this level without a doubt and now his short game is better, which is a much needed improvement for him.

Please tell me you did not just say the above.

16/26 110 yards 4.2Y/A 0TDs and the fumble that cost the game is on your game (insert your own DA joke here)?

And when has he shown his short game is better? It wasn't in pre-season that much is for sure.

sure i said it. fuk those stats i own a copy of the game and have watched it more than a few times.

he protected the ball really well all game but in the fourth quarter the Colts D got a gift. the pick was due to a "miscommunication" on the play as they say. it was a merging of perfect defensive play on that down combined with an extremely badly timed fuk-up on offense...and it led to a pick 6. i put it on the receiver and the ball being innaccurate by a foot or so.

still, it happened. it was his only pick all game and he never forced anything deep all game. hey, the Colts are good. what do you want? yeah he threw a pick. yeah it led to the win after an awesome defensive stand by the Browns D. shit happens.

his short game is obviously better and it's apparent every time he throws a short pass. what do you really want here? watch the dude play and you see what you want to see i guess.

Archived