THE BROWNS BOARD

"I thought overall it was pretty good."

SoCalDog

All you need to know about the new QB. How anyone can back a guy who thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half and his team loses 34-3 is "pretty good" is beyond me and makes me want to puke. Absolute joke.

:angry:

I guess that's why Mangina picked him. They both are absolute jokes!

All you need to know about the new QB. How anyone can back a guy who thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half and his team loses 34-3 is "pretty good" is beyond me and makes me want to puke. Absolute joke.

As putrid as that is SoCal: in the game of lesser evils he beat Quinn 3-0. That was after most of the team gave us the rollover Beethoven pose and without the majority of reps preapring for the first opponent. Quinn wasn't seeing the field so our passing game looked like it had reading glasses on when it really needed binoculars. It would have been nice to already know this by now as I've stated very frequently.

It's really to the point where it's difficult to argue aggressively either way. Heading into this year, IMO Quinn represented the hope I thought DA was no longer capable of. Therefore, these first 3 games have been like a kick in the Adam's apple. You can't bury the deep ball or even the mid-range passes from your game and expect the chess match to get easier. Maybe DA getting benched will bring out the guy we saw back in the first half of the 2007 season. Nobody cared how soon Quinn got action back then because they didn't need to.

I think Mangini KNOWS what he got himself into more than he's willing to state publicly. Perhaps THAT was the reason for the extended training camp dual so he can show the owner he dotted every i and crossed every t instead of knee-jerking a quick decision. Now that Quinn showed he's not the solution - the prolonged competition should have DA alot less rusty for his first start of 2009.

- Tom F.

Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

Guest Masters
this thread is about backing the QB so the fact that queerbait up there wanted to fluff BQ for making similar positive remarks is relevant.

I'd love to see the "fluffing" of Quinn in this thread. Cause I sure didn't see any.

Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

Lum I'm not even going to waste time calling you names but i will say that bq ALWAYS stressed on things he could improve on. You couldn't be any more wrong. It was more like '"i thought i did well on this, BUT i need to do better on this this and that." mark of a true professional, never satisfied. He WILL be a great QB somewhere else mark my words.

Lum I'm not even going to waste time calling you names but i will say that bq ALWAYS stressed on things he could improve on. You couldn't be any more wrong. It was more like '"i thought i did well on this, BUT i need to do better on this this and that." mark of a true professional, never satisfied. He WILL be a great QB somewhere else mark my words.

I think that "somewhere else" will be in your dreams.

Quinn sucked it up, he doesnt play at NFL speed and tries to dump it off way to soon (which he failed at as well).

We might have beat Denver and Minnesota with DA... Im just sayin'

Being a gunslinger gives guys a bad rap because they're not 'conservative' enough. But Quinn was WAY to f@^%in conservative. Unleash whatshisnutts DA and hope for the best

What, honestly, do we have to lose anymore?

Dude you need some serious shore leave!

Both these guys are weak. BQ talks of things he could have done better but doesn't improve his game - throw anything or do anything new - over a 3 game span. I have little concern for BQ's ego - this is a professional sport and these guys make alot of money to do what they are SUPPOSED to be good at. Sitting on the sideline for 2 seasons BQ has had more than enough time to prepare and step in without a deer in the headlights look or 'play fashion' when he's called on.

DA on the other hand seems to have had one good season in him and ever since has been a disappointment. Granted against Baltimore, he was in a position to more or less take chances a do whatever will get something going, but his interceptions were so blatantly misplaced and looked so much like most of his play last season, that he - in my opinion - is no good alternative either.

So, what are we left with ??.....

-Either BQ gets so frustrated with his level of 'nonplay' that he steps up from the gut. Again, based on play so far - not likley and at this point really wondering if he has the talent.

-Or DA steps up at the chance to get the job back and shows he can actually play like he did 2 seaons ago. Did this work last year NO, he had BQ on his heels and still played weak. He may even be more comfortable now that BQ has proved a bust, that he doesn't have the same pressure.

Which is the better alternative based on this info - I suppose, based on THIS SEASONS'S PERFORMANCE - best to go with DA. Let's hope DA steps up.

As far DA feeling it wasn't so bad - makes me think he's far from stepping up either.

Bottom line ........ Thank God for Hockey Season!

makes me want to puke.

here's the full quote:

"Honestly, I was doing whatever I could do to try and give these guys a spark, give them some energy, get guys balls. Yes, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing them, but if it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing that. I was just trying to bring some energy and trying to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. We learn from them. A couple of them, like coach said, like on the one Braylon (Edwards) probably had them beat, we tried to throw it a long way and the safety frees up backside. That happens. That’s football. I thought overall it was pretty good. I had fun out there. I didn’t get banged up too bad. I thought the o-line did a good job of protecting because I got killed against those guys before."

Guest Masters
here's the full quote:

"Honestly, I was doing whatever I could do to try and give these guys a spark, give them some energy, get guys balls. Yes, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing them, but if it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing that. I was just trying to bring some energy and trying to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. We learn from them. A couple of them, like coach said, like on the one Braylon (Edwards) probably had them beat, we tried to throw it a long way and the safety frees up backside. That happens. That’s football. I thought overall it was pretty good. I had fun out there. I didn’t get banged up too bad. I thought the o-line did a good job of protecting because I got killed against those guys before."

Um....The full quote doesn't make it any better there chief. Including the part you just bolded.

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

Guest Masters
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

:rolleyes:

The fact that he did not treat it like a 7-3 game (his own words) tells me that DA "thought he can't".

But, hey, at least he led us to a field goal...

Archived