THE BROWNS BOARD

It Looks Like Colt McCoy in 2010

Flugel

Quinn losing to Denver is not in the same universe as Anderson blowing out the undefeated Super Bowl champs on Monday Night Football.

Stop sucking so much cock, faggot.

He merely stated...... those are the respective best performances we've seen by browns QB's since 08 started.

But you already knew that, you just really love cock.

For the record, Bradford had 50/8 last year and some of the sickest lifetime stats on earth.

Jason White did that too.

And Bradford's backup came in last week and threw 6 TDs in a game.

You gotta be careful to put these things in context shep. You saw how Brady Quinn turned out didn't you?

We have zero business drafting a QB. Unless someone like Holmgren or Gruden, who have a history of developing QBs, take over the team, we need to draft the best playmaker on the board regardless of position.

We need O and D playmakers everywhere. I would not draft QB or WR. Period.

We need to make one side of the ball good. We need to impose our will in one area at the very least.

Shit, QB on this team. LOL. He'll no. Get what you can for Quinn and ride DA into the next QB, which you pick maybe in 2011. Teams compete without a franchise QB all the time. Warner to the Cards to a SB with 9-7 record. Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Vinny Testerverde, Jeff Garcia - it can be done.

But for now forget about the QB position.

He merely stated...... those are the respective best performances we've seen by browns QB's since 08 started.

Anderson also won @ JAX, pretty damn good game actually. 250 pass yds 2 TDs.

I'd rank Quinnies loss to Denver right behind Anderson's loss at home to the Ravens.

If a couple underclassmen come out theres potentially 5 to 6 first round quarterbacks in this years draft. In my opinion I'm just not sold on Bradford or McCoy. Big 12 teams don't play defense at all. Take last year, 3 out of the top 5 finalists for the Heisman were QB's from the Big 12. Yes they put up great numbers during their regular season, but look what happened when they actually played a good defense... Gators>Sooners.... Ole Miss destroyed Texas Tech... and lets face it Texas escaped a game with a win that Ohio State should have won. Im not saying Bradford or McCoy wont be good pros at the next level. I just think theres so many more pressing needs on this team than to draft a QB who hasn't faced good defenses on a constant level in college to come into Cleveland and go up against two top 5 defenses twice a year.

Bradford- underclassman

Clausen- underclassman

Locker- underclassman

McCoy- senior

Tebow- senior

Pike- senior

Snead- underclassman

I think that if a franchise qb is there we have to take him unless someone's light comes on soon. If you build a 500 team it can become very difficult to get that franchise qb. I believe we get the qb first. I would hire someone like Walsh to evaluate this year's quarterbacks only for the browns.

Ah yes, Shep back in the saddle again with his fav: talkin' QB's.

Sweet. It's going to be interesting to see where the Browns stand in the QB dept. by the end of the season.

I may start lobbying for Jimmy Clauson. His numbers at ND are looking gooooooood this year. None of these arm strength concerns.

Trade down and get Clauson!!

So, for the pro-Clauson crowd:

amd_jimmy.jpg

And for the Lums, D&S's, and Z's:

clausen.jpg

Just figured I'd get it out of the way.

He's from California, so with those Speedos, his official name may have to be "Sunshine".

I'm sorry Flugs, this McCoy stuff just seems like a knee-jerk reaction to us sucking balls right now. Does anyone think another green QB with a HUGE guaranteed salary is really going to turn this thing around?

I'm still hoping either DA or Quinn shows some improvement in this YOUNG season, so we can pick another piece (LB, Safety, OL, RB, DE) near the top. And if we are going to draft another QB, can we please wait until the later rounds? This way, if/when he busts, it won't cripple us for the next 5 years.

Call me a Retard, but I think Zombo's rationale is getting to me. I have Early-2007 DA Fever!

that's bullshit...our drafting the last 10 years has cripled us...not one miss....Got to get the QB...building the right way! Everything else is DUMB!

I'm begining to believe that Cleveland Browns fans are the fkn dumbest around! You aren't gonna win superbowls without a franchise QB....Fk trent dilfer arguement...1 time in 50! I too wanted to start the Franchise around ricky williams...but we are past that....We Already have a O-line and a Pro-bowl Left Tackle...Time to get the Pro-bowl QB! Rb's can be found later Rd's 2~4....Rt's Round 2~7, QB's....First round.....unless you hit the lottery on some fool!

P.S. To Browns fans....This is the seed of Qb controversies in Cleveland...I see it starting already. start throwing out "he's a system guy...blah blah blah!

You don't have to sell me Mr T. I'm just saying teams that have the pick of the litter usually go Qb because they know they just won't FIND a wonderful QB growing on trees out there. It's not the way it works. Miami can RUN the ball but their gimmicks that caught everyone by surprise in 2008 - aren't working now that teams are dictating the need to beat them with their QB. We certainly haven't found this wonderful QB since Kosar left. That would be the last time we were consistent with winning in back to back seasons right?

Greg Pruitt is the guy that sold me on the great tradition of the Cleveland Browns my dad was always talking about. He could score from anywhere on the field, which is wonderful in those close games and it helps open up the passing game.

I think RB has shown to be a position where you can find absolute gems after round 1 year after year after year. Ernest Byner ring a bell?

We obviously need more x-factors on both sides of the ball. If Taylor Mays came out in 2009, he would have been my favorite selection. He's still gonna be ideal BUT we have some serious needs for playmnakers all over the offense. I look at every upcoming game and ask myself the same question - WHO is going to be our go-to weapon. If I say Cribbs in the return game - that means teams gotta be scoring on us in order to see him so that's a conflict of interest.

- Tom F. (If your buddy Flugel really knew what we needed - he wouldn't be holding a Dorito's Bag on Sundays)

You my friend are with whom I agree!

Forget the numbers -- except that nobody else but Bradford is putting them up -- and watch. Bradford's accuracy is redonkulous. He never throws a wobbler. He's a very natural passer. Sometimes his accuracy throws announcers into fits trying to find adjectives and I feel the same way. And we're not talking about bad defenses, because the coolest ones are when the receiver is bracketed.

I like Pike, too... but I need to watch him again. Against Rutgers it seemed like he had an odd windup, like Kerry Collins or Leftwich. Maybe I'm wrong.

Snead looks the part -- kind of Cutler-esque -- but man he was awful against South Carolina. Just brutal.

If Bradford comes back and has another crazy year, he's the consensus #1, I bet. Crazy numbers in a major conference and he's 6'4" and 225 and throws a great ball... I don't see how that ends up lower than #5.

McCoy is my pick, Bradford very close second! Snead.....Decision making ? I truly wish Locher was coming out next year, he'd be my #1 choice. As for Jimmy Clauson....all the hype...for what? not impressed!

If you don't have one, you need one. Period. And it doesn't look right now like we have one. It does look like teams passed on Quinn for a reason.

Quinn was NEVER as accurate as Bradford, but nobody is. He's a big kid, 6'4", and mobile. Again, I'm holding out to hear about his intelligence. I've never heard that he's stupid and he obviously makes good decisions with the ball (70%, 50/8). Stupid guys throw picks (DA in college and pros).

It's not like my final verdict or anything, and I like Clausen, too (I can throw a rock at Oaks Christian from my house).

Bradford's replacement has been pretty darn accurate too - I haven't gotten to see him play, but if the guy can just step in and be 49-81 (60%) in his first couple of starts, I'm getting a little skurred that it's the system or talent and not the QB as much.

Hopefully we'll get a look at Bradford, McCoy, et al again this season.

With Mays and Berry out there...I dunno. The safety position is discounted, but I see what an Ed Reed, Polamalu, or Bob Sanders can do, and I think they're underrated.

Mikey, have you watched him throw?

I haven't heard if he's smart or not yet. That does matter.

I'm betting McCoy is the better PRO prospect of the 2. Bradford couldn't survive BYU's physicality so that's not really the best prognosis for our division at the next level. Bradford faced faced 1 competitive defense in his conference in 2008 and lost (Texas). Then he faced Florida - and couldn't hang with their ability to score. Then BYU is the strongest defense he faced in 2009 and he couldn't survive the physicality of it.

If we DO go QB first, I want a big STRONG kid that can keep plays alive like our most hated rival has. That's just my opinion if we go this QB route.

When we look at Big 12 QBs for the next level - it's important to look at the specimen every bit as much as it is to notice what he does in a conference that does not play defense outside of Texas and Oklahoma. It seems like the majority of QBs in that conference put up uncontested numbers - here's more than a few examples:

Harrell put up Bradford's numbers and wasn't cut out for a QB dep[rived team such as our's. Chase from U-Mizzou put up outrageous numbers, Zac Robinson is putting up insane numbers as we speak just like he did in 08. The Ty Detmer clone at Kansas - Todd Reesing is putting up killer numbers even though he's just 5'9" tall. Josh Freeman had some good numbers. We already know Bradford and McCoy are consistently good when healthy.

- Tom F.

I live in big 12 country...so i can say they do play defense here...not nearly as bad as northern rumor,heresay and conjecture...i watch it every freakin week, sorry to say as i grew up on Big 10 games....On the Bradford thing?....anyone lands on his shoulder the way he did with a 275lb crushing you into the ground will injure a shoulder...ANYONE. So the physically thing i question huge. I like bradford alot...I think McCoy is the real thing.

Archived