THE BROWNS BOARD

Well Braylon is happy

car ramrod

Yep, I'm sure he's looking forward to it, he's had a few big days vs. Cincy. Problem is, Cincy has shut us out at home 2 of the last 3 years, and the way we're playing, oh shit.

I keep hoping we can get some kind of home-field edge. Fans are restless, it could get ugly if we wet the bed again at home.

I think that he wants to be gone but at the end of the day he wont be.

Without a CBA in place the free agents actually become restricted free agents (somebody correct me if Im wrong) next year and that will at least tie him up with us next year if he is not traded.

I think with DA at QB we will see alot of big plays from him. I have not totally given up on Braylon like others have. He has alot of talent he just needs to step up and use it.

BE quote on the QB situation:

"It's something I've dealt with for five years now. I'm not even worried about it anymore. I signed a five-year deal."

Transation: "I don't care because I am on the last year of my contract with this shit team, and I plan on catching passes for the Colts or the Pats next season."

BE quote on the QB situation:

"It's something I've dealt with for five years now. I'm not even worried about it anymore. I signed a five-year deal."

Transation: "I don't care because I am on the last year of my contract with this shit team, and I plan on catching passes for the Colts or the Pats next season."

You can cross the colts out, they have a 6th rounder better than BE in Pierce Garcon.

I'm sorry, but those of you who are itching to drive Braylon out of town are idiots, as he is BY FAR the most talented player on this team. Is it the fact he went to Michigan?

Perhaps you just don't realize that he isn't the only diva at the WR position. Look at what Randy Moss did when forced to play with and for a bunch of tards in Oakland. The fact o the matter is these ultratalented receivers often have this piss-poor attitude when losing. You saw how he performed when we were winning (he was flat-out dominant).

Getting the right pieces around him is the right move. Chasing him out of town and replacing him with someone far less talented (Robiskie anyone?) is boneheaded to the max.

My guess is that fat piece of shit Mangini will do the latter, for sure.

Yep, I'm sure he's looking forward to it, he's had a few big days vs. Cincy. Problem is, Cincy has shut us out at home 2 of the last 3 years, and the way we're playing, oh shit.

I keep hoping we can get some kind of home-field edge. Fans are restless, it could get ugly if we wet the bed again at home.

Wetting the bed would be acceptable. It's the explosive diarhea that scares us.

I'm sorry, but those of you who are itching to drive Braylon out of town are idiots, as he is BY FAR the most talented player on this team. Is it the fact he went to Michigan?

Perhaps you just don't realize that he isn't the only diva at the WR position. Look at what Randy Moss did when forced to play with and for a bunch of tards in Oakland. The fact o the matter is these ultratalented receivers often have this piss-poor attitude when losing. You saw how he performed when we were winning (he was flat-out dominant).

Getting the right pieces around him is the right move. Chasing him out of town and replacing him with someone far less talented (Robiskie anyone?) is boneheaded to the max.

Couldn't agree more....

mz the pussy,

Im not on the bandwagon for running a great wideout out of town but all he truly wants to do is pad his stats this year to get a better deal somewhere else.

He wants out of here,im not in any hurry to oblige him but at the same time we have many needs and keeping someone locked down who doesnt want to be here when he is has the most worth of anyone who can net this team players to fill the holes we have you have to consider it.

Ummmm. "Padding his stats" is what everyone wants to do. That means you get more yards and TD's. What does that mean? you win football games.

Dumb....

And if you were implying that he does not care about winning and only wants to "pad his stats".......Then you are Retarded my friend.

Braylon is done. This was supposed to be his year to shine. Then again, we have 13 more games.

Braylon is done. This was supposed to be his year to shine. Then again, we have 13 more games.

We have no offense. All the defense has to do is take away Braylon. Thats it. Who else do they have to worry about besides BE? They put a safety over top and thats it. The only way he has a chance is finding something in the middle of the field and will get tackled immediately.

He is doing his job. Other receivers are open. We just need to get them the freakin ball and they need to make plays.

Oh im full Retard,Im a Browns fan,

Doesnt cloud the issue that BE wants out of here at the end of this season,and if he does we should do the best we can to profit from it the best way we can.

Like I said a couple of posts ago, it doesnt matter if he wants out of here or not.

#1. The CBA will not allow him to go anywhere. If they do not get a deal in place then he would become a RFA. Do you think we will not offer the full aloud for RFA?

#2. If they do get a deal done then we could always Franchise him and trade him.

So its not just as easy as "he wants out of here" so trade him now.

And plus there is 13 games left in the season.

Hold on to your nipples and relax there buddy.

85 Garcon, Pierre ACT REC 7 YDS 136 AVG 19.4 TDS 2 IND

17 Edwards, Braylon ACT REC 10 YDS 139 AVG 13.9 TDS 0 CLE

He's a #2 BTW.

Is it really THAT dumb considering braylon is supposedly the #1?

He's a #2 BTW.

Adam,

I could make a couple of points here but I am only going to make one......

P. Manning is his QB.

Change your mind yet?

If not then I will keep going.......

Guest Masters
Like I said a couple of posts ago, it doesnt matter if he wants out of here or not.

#1. The CBA will not allow him to go anywhere. If they do not get a deal in place then he would become a RFA. Do you think we will not offer the full aloud for RFA?

Problem. If there is no new CBA next year, BE won't be a FA or a RFA. His eligibility would not come until 2011.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...abor/index.html

The rules for the 2010 season are significantly more restrictive for players than they currently are, so players and agents waiting out the next two years for a pot of gold in the uncapped year are going to be disappointed. The 2010 rules for player movement:

FREE AGENCY: Currently, players who are unsigned and have finished at least four NFL seasons are free. In the 2010 market, players will be free if they are unsigned after at least their sixth NFL season. In other words, 2009 would have to be a player's sixth season, and he would have to enter 2010 unsigned. Let's use Cleveland wide receiver Braylon Edwards as an example. In his original rookie contract, signed in 2005, the final year is 2009, which would be his fifth NFL season. Ordinarily, he'd be a free-agent in 2010 -- if the team didn't sign him before then or place a franchise tag on him. But under the 2010 rules, he won't be a free-agent.

Guest Masters
What? You lost me there. Please explain.

Then what would he be? Playing for free for another year?

If no new CBA is in place for 2010 and it is an uncapped season players will be free if they are unsigned after at least their sixth NFL season. In other words, 2009 would have to be a player's sixth season, and he would have to enter 2010 unsigned.

If no new CBA is in place for 2010 and it is an uncapped season players will be free if they are unsigned after at least their sixth NFL season. In other words, 2009 would have to be a player's sixth season, and he would have to enter 2010 unsigned.

But this is only his 5th nfl season....

Im pretty sure if the CBA is not in place HE will become a RFA..... I will try and look around.....

Guest Masters
But this is only his 5th nfl season....

Im pretty sure if the CBA is not in place HE will become a RFA..... I will try and look around.....

The rules for the 2010 season are significantly more restrictive for players than they currently are, so players and agents waiting out the next two years for a pot of gold in the uncapped year are going to be disappointed. The 2010 rules for player movement:

FREE AGENCY: Currently, players who are unsigned and have finished at least four NFL seasons are free. In the 2010 market, players will be free if they are unsigned after at least their sixth NFL season. In other words, 2009 would have to be a player's sixth season, and he would have to enter 2010 unsigned. Let's use Cleveland wide receiver Braylon Edwards as an example. In his original rookie contract, signed in 2005, the final year is 2009, which would be his fifth NFL season. Ordinarily, he'd be a free-agent in 2010 -- if the team didn't sign him before then or place a franchise tag on him. But under the 2010 rules, he won't be a free-agent.

Ok I just seen that you edited your post....

Thanks.

But maybe I'm taking this wrong.

What I think it is saying is under the current agreement Braylon WOULD have been a UFA but now that there is no agreement he has to finish out his 6th season. Meaning this screws him for this upcoming year and will indeed be a RFA.... But I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed there Masters.

Am I missing this?

Guest Masters
Ok I just seen that you edited your post....

Thanks.

But maybe I'm taking this wrong.

What I think it is saying is under the current agreement Braylon WOULD have been a UFA but now that there is no agreement he has to finish out his 6th season. Meaning this screws him for this upcoming year and will indeed be a RFA.... But I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed there Masters.

Am I missing this?

I think you are correct in that it will ultimately make him a RFA. Not many RFA get moved and I don't see a team offering a 1st and a 3rd for BE, and that is what he'd get tagged at for value.

Throw in that if the NFL gets to an uncapped year in 2010 and 2011, teams will have use of one franchise tag and two transition tags. So not only would none of the young players with less than six years of service be free, but now the top three players who are eligible for free agency on a roster can be protected.

He's a #2 BTW.

it's only dumb if you assume statistics occur in a vacuum.

He's a #2 BTW.

according to pro wide receivers a #1 or #2 refers to the side of the field they line up on. believing it is some type of "ranking" system is a complete fan invention.

that said>>i still understand your intent. ie: he's not whom you believe to be the Colts most talented receiver.

last game BE drew a ton of double coverage, probably by design, directly allowing MoMass to have such a successful game. additionally with Quinn at the helm it also hurt his '09 stats. using this year is totally skewed. so, before you want to compare the artist formerly known as Braylon Edwards to the "Colts #2" maybe use some stats that tell the whole story, like BE's all time average vs Garcon's.

a side note for the BQ nuthuggers: probably not the right place for it but whatever. you bitch when DA throws into double coverage, and now you also bitch when he doesn't. BE had double coverage Sunday, yet there were many posts on the board about how he didn't even get Braylon the ball once. can't have it both ways folks.

Archived