THE BROWNS BOARD

Rodgers gets it

bonedawg

Quote:

Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

"We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

"It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

Quote:

Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

"We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

"It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

I agree. Its refreshing but still doesnt make it better. Now its time to step up and go to work.

Oh and I wish he would have said.....

Our Offense is terrible. They give us no shot what so ever to be successful. 3 and out, 3 and out....... I dont even take my helmet off cause I know Im going right back in.

Obviously that would never happen but god I wish it did.

You can say the defense gets tired all you want. This is a team game and yes the offense needs to sustain drives. But 3 RB go untouched into the endzone? That is more than just tired. That is a piss poor performance by the front 7.

The O has QB and leadership issues. The D has to stop somebody.

Exactly.

I'm not nearly as disappointed with the defense as I am the offense.

A defense can't be on the field as much as ours have and expect to be dominant or expect to make that many plays. By the 2nd half they are just trying to "get by"

It's amazing how much an offensive TD by your teammates can rejuvenate a defense

Well, we saw Indy's defense spend > 45:00 on the field on MNF. They were tired, but they didn't QUIT.

It does help knowing you have an offense that can score, though. That's for sure.

Quote:

I'm REALLY glad to see him taking some accountability. To be honest with you, he's the guy I was HOPING would be our inspirational and vocal leader of the defense. If this guy plays like King Kong up front - it'll make the impact we want. Last week, I couldn't tell the difference in our Nose Tackles and it looked like our entire defense flat lined on the very first series.

YES, the coaching is important. However, you can't win a chess match without the right chess pieces to attack the opponent with. Alot of people are writing this in different ways whether they realize it or not - this team is LACKING on the lfield leadership on both sides of the ball. Let's hope this changes this week.

- Tom F.

Its hard to have Defense when the OFFENSE goes 3 and out for entire halfs of football games.

Just like in the 2nd Pitt game in 2007 when we were up 20-7 (or 20-3? I can't remember), and DA has 8 straight 3-4-5 play and outs because he couldn't complete the short passes when the Steelers took Braylon out of the game.

Rogers hasnt being playing hard either, at times ive seen him bringin some intensity, but hes been preaty lack luster.. hopefully he will step it up this weekend...

Being on D when ur offense is playing as bad as we are doesnt make you wanna play any harder though either...

Quote:

Link to the quote please.

Quote:

While Rogers may be commended for his honesty his energies should be directed at his defensive teammates........none of whom seems to be able to make a play

Forget about the negatives....he needs to lite a fire under these group of non-hackers and provide some inspiration instead of suckin' his thumb and saying what he thinks the fans want to hear....

How bout this for some inspiration:

the 2000 Ravens went through a 5 game streak c/o scoring a single TD on their way to Super Bowl glory....the team didn't fold because they didn't divide

QB average rating (Banks, Dilfer) a sizzling 72.9

Rat Birds went 12-4 when not allowing a 100 yd rusher

Rat Birds went 10-4 when not allowing a 300 yd passer

The team rode the D all the way to the promised land because the D rose up and took leadership......

So let's not hear how disappointed you are in your play.......take the bull by the horn and lead your squad

Its hard to have Defense when the OFFENSE goes 3 and out for entire halfs of football games.

And that quality run run pass punt playcalling is really helping the situation.

It didn't work in the Romeo era, it didn't work in the Davis era, and Palmer, while a total failure, at least had the common sense to mix up his play calling.

Archived