THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Bengals According to Schein

chumpchange

Ratliff must have some footage or dirt on Mangini or something. Anything to explain Mangini's fascination with sub-par QBs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1015188...utperform-Brady

9. Will Cleveland score 10 points against Cincy?

I was so close to my predicted shutout for the Browns last week. And you know me well enough to realize the three points they put on the board against the Ravens ruined my day. Predicting a shutout was bold, and I was oh, so close. Right principle, wrong number.

And, of course, that principle is Cleveland is a flat-out disaster.

The Browns have been outscored 55-10 in the first half. They've rushed for 214 yards this season, also known as a good week for Adrian Peterson. The quarterbacks have been sacked 11 times.

Eric Mangini is turning to Derek Anderson in place of Brady Quinn. I expect we will see Mangini's boy from the Jets, Brett Ratliff, soon. And we should, considering Mangini insisted on his inclusion on the draft day heist for the Jets that brought Mark Sanchez to New York and more pain and embarrassment to Cleveland.

But I digress.

I bought into Cincy's defense in the offseason, and it is even better than I expected under the great Mike Zimmer. Rey Maualuga and Keith Rivers are playing great at linebacker. Roy Williams is reborn at safety under Zim, his old coach in Dallas. Williams was raving about their relationship when we spoke on Sirius NFL Radio.

This game has 24-6 Bengals written all over it, which makes it a bust. And it's in Cleveland.

To quote Sam Wyche: "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game has 24-6 Bengals written all over it, which makes it a bust. And it's in Cleveland.

Somebody needs to tell this dude that Quinn is out and Anderson is back in.

FYI the largest margin of defeat in any of Anderson's 27 career starts is only 18 points.

and Maualuga was carted off the field vs PIT with a knee injury. He didn't practice on Wednesday.

Guest Masters

FYI the largest margin of defeat in any of Anderson's 27 career starts is only 18 points.

and Maualuga was carted off the field vs PIT with a knee injury. He didn't practice on Wednesday.

Because the recent history has DA performing all that better? :rolleyes:

No, his largest margin of defeat in 27 career starts is 20 points. Once again, 2006 never happend (WK14 2006). He's also lost by 18 more than once and that is what this guy is predicting CLE to lose by. Not exactly unprecedented like you are trying to make it out be, now is it.

Coach Lewis indicated yesterday that Maualuga will play Sunday. You know what he had to say about DA's big game against CIN 2 years ago: ''I think that day led him to a big contract and being able to stay in the starting job,'' Lewis said on a conference call Wednesday. ''We were one interception from him probably not being in that job. But we didn't make the plays, they did and they went on to win the football game. A lot has passed since then.''

So again, you'll have to forgive the lack of high faith in DA going into Sunday.

Because the recent history has DA performing all that better? :rolleyes:

No, his largest margin of defeat in 27 career starts is 20 points. Once again, 2006 never happend (WK14 2006). He's also lost by 18 more than once and that is what this guy is predicting CLE to lose by. Not exactly unprecedented like you are trying to make it out be, now is it.

Coach Lewis indicated yesterday that Maualuga will play Sunday. You know what he had to say about DA's big game against CIN 2 years ago: ''I think that day led him to a big contract and being able to stay in the starting job,'' Lewis said on a conference call Wednesday. ''We were one interception from him probably not being in that job. But we didn't make the plays, they did and they went on to win the football game. A lot has passed since then.''

So again, you'll have to forgive the lack of high faith in DA going into Sunday.

I understand what you are saying but lets roll with it........ Whats the worst that can happen? we lose 34-3....... At least he will throw it down field. So we can get excited for a second right before it is caught or intercepted. Either way its easier to watch than it was the past couple of weeks.

I think some people on this board want DA to do horrible for the sake of coming back here on this board and saying I told ya so. That is terrible.

Guest Masters
I understand what you are saying but lets roll with it........ Whats the worst that can happen? we lose 34-3....... At least he will throw it down field. So we can get excited for a second right before it is caught or intercepted. Either way its easier to watch than it was the past couple of weeks.

I think some people on this board want DA to do horrible for the sake of coming back here on this board and saying I told ya so. That is terrible.

We have no choice but to roll with it.

If DA suddenly shaped into a legit starting NFL QB I'd be plenty happy. But as some keep saying, that's really just wishful thinking based on what has been seen over time from him.

Its statements like this that make all of this mind numbing,fuk it we might lose but atleast we will throw the ball.

Good luck with that,the WHOLE team blows but with DA we will lose with style.

God I hope DA tears it up.

What I am saying is what is the worst that can happen????? Please tell me.

We are the last ranked Offense in the league and we change QB's and you are all bitching because your savior was Brady Quinn. And maybe this Lums dude likes DA so you can not. Who gives a shit. Seriously. You want him to fail because Lums likes him or YOU just want to be right. Not whats best for the team.

That is mind numbing.

Guest Masters
God I hope DA tears it up.

What I am saying is what is the worst that can happen????? Please tell me.

We are the last ranked Offense in the league and we change QB's and you are all bitching because your savior was Brady Quinn. And maybe this Lums dude likes DA so you can not. Who gives a shit. Seriously. You want him to fail because Lums likes him or YOU just want to be right. Not whats best for the team.

That is mind numbing.

:rolleyes: No one has said they want DA to fail anywhere on this board. Expect him to, sure. But that's based on recent history.

We have no choice but to roll with it.

If DA suddenly shaped into a legit starting NFL QB I'd be plenty happy. But as some keep saying, that's really just wishful thinking based on what has been seen over time from him.

And he probably is not the answer.

But we have had some success with him. He won 10 out of 15 games in 2007 and made the pro bowl. Its not like he has not done ANYTHING.

Just trying to keep a positive outlook my man.

:rolleyes: No one has said they want DA to fail anywhere on this board. Expect him to, sure. But that's based on recent history.

Read the board Masters...

Its filled with hate for DA. And most of it comes from this Lums dude liking DA. And they can not stand for DA to do good because of their hate for someone on a message board. If you cant see that on here then you are blind.

Guest Masters
And he probably is not the answer.

But we have had some success with him. He won 10 out of 15 games in 2007 and made the pro bowl. Its not like he has not done ANYTHING.

Just trying to keep a positive outlook my man.

2007 is a long, long, long time ago in the NFL.

Hey, I am glad you can still view this with a positive outlook. I know I can't and it has very little to do with either QB at this point.

Guest Masters
Read the board Masters...

Its filled with hate for DA. And most of it comes from this Lums dude liking DA. And they can not stand for DA to do good because of their hate for someone on a message board. If you cant see that on here then you are blind.

Find me one place where someone has said they want, wish, or hope DA fails. Because I sure haven't seen that.

Again, do people point out that DA's track record show he isn't that good and go after the Lum-esc posts where he props DA up as more than he is? Sure they do. But that isn't hoping, wishing or wanting DA to fail unless you decide to read between lines that aren't there.

I am reading my man, I am reading and not putting my own context on others posts.

No NIMROD,

we don't WANT DA to fail. In fact we hope we are wrong. But wishing and hoping while totally ignoring the facts and trends in this world isn't a very realistic way to live your life.

So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts.

And winning 10 out of 15 games and going to a pro bowl when everyone had us pegged as dead last in the NFL is doing nothing.

Those are the facts.

"he hasn't shown in 27 starts". ------- What games were you watching? Your telling me he did not have good games in his 27 starts. BLINDED BY THE HATE. Admit it or not. Whatever.

To go with DA is the only choice. We will win some games this year because of it.

p.s---- get over Quinn will ya

2007 is a long, long, long time ago in the NFL.

Hey, I am glad you can still view this with a positive outlook. I know I can't and it has very little to do with either QB at this point.

I know that 2007 is a long time ago in the NFL and I aree. But he is better than anything we got period so why not go with it.

Find me one place where someone has said they want, wish, or hope DA fails. Because I sure haven't seen that.

Again, do people point out that DA's track record show he isn't that good and go after the Lum-esc posts where he props DA up as more than he is? Sure they do. But that isn't hoping, wishing or wanting DA to fail unless you decide to read between lines that aren't there.

I am reading my man, I am reading and not putting my own context on others posts.

Find you one place?????? Its all over the boards on every single post bro..... It doesnt say verbatim but again if you can not read threw the lines then I dont know what to tell you.

Maybe you and I see something different on here but thats waht I see.

To me going with DA is a no brainer. And I always have been a believer in sticking with someone and running with it. That being said I would not do that with Brady Quinn.

That's false.

In 2006 against Pitt, he lost 27-7.

Guest Masters
I know that 2007 is a long time ago in the NFL and I aree. But he is better than anything we got period so why not go with it.

Not a single person on this board can really say DA is better than anything we have, period. That is just silly in its self.

Guest Masters
Find you one place?????? Its all over the boards on every single post bro..... It doesnt say verbatim but again if you can not read threw the lines then I dont know what to tell you.

So finding one example is telling me it's all over.... okie dokie :blink:

Your second sentance sums it up and puts it all on you, not others. You are reading between lines and getting context that has never been there.

Sorry DABrowns, you haven't been here long enough to understand.

Any game played before the first Cincinati game in 2007 doesn't count. And the 2nd cincinati game was REALLY WINDY.....

Why don't they count?

And anybody watching the game knows that 3 out of those 4 picks were balls that would have been intercepted in weather that wasn't windy. 1 of those INT's was tipped.

Guest Masters
Any game played before the first Cincinati game in 2007 doesn't count. And the 2nd cincinati game was REALLY WINDY.....

Don't forget weeks 1~5 of last season were all related to a concusion.

Why don't they count?

And anybody watching the game knows that 3 out of those 4 picks were balls that would have been intercepted in weather that wasn't windy. 1 of those INT's was tipped.

Calm down......he's on your side.

Maybe you and I see something different on here but thats waht I see.

To me going with DA is a no brainer. And I always have been a believer in sticking with someone and running with it. That being said I would not do that with Brady Quinn.

So do you believe that this is a winning football team if we put in a QB that turns the ball over constantly?

Do you think that the defense will give up less points because Derek Anderson is throwing interceptions and getting 3 and outs just as much as Brady.

This knee-jerk reaction only guarantees 1 of 2 things:

1) That Brady won't get a fair chance in Cleveland. We put up with DA's turnovers and bad play from the last 7 games of 2007, until the Giants game in 2008. Brady gets 50% of the snaps with the 1's in TC, and is expected to go out there and perform well with no running game, and his offensive lineman giving him 2.66 seconds on 8 of his 9 sacks.

2) That Brady will get a chance next season, and if he's bad, we just lost another season to a QB controversy and delay getting another QB.

I want to find out if Brady can be a true QB or not. If not, I want to get a QB that can play ASAP. I want to start the next project.

But we need to stop with the controversy's.

Now who's not reading the board? I have already called for Quinn to be traded and Anderson to be allowed to be the starter for the rest of the year for the sake of continuity and stability on this team.

I'll wait while you sit and read that sentance again ........

Ok, so now what? I Hate Anderson? I love Quinn? hmmm seems your litte generalization doesn't always work now does it?

What Anderson has shown ME in 27 starts is a QB who will show flashes of above average play followed by flashes of below average play. Consistantly. Even in his winning 2007, He played well some weeks and really poorly others. He took advantage of a weak schedule and played well against it. And for that he EARNED (yes you read right, and can find me saying this else where on this site if maybe you actually READ) the starting job for the 2008 season. And I had hoped a whole off season of work as THE GUY would help him get rid of some of the flaws in his game. To me I didn't see that progression. In fact I saw regression. Blame it on the concussion and the team around him all you want. It's my opinion.

If a guy who plays well one week and then plays badly the next week is "good enoug" or "exciting enough" for you. well good on you.

Me? I'll put up with it for the rest of this year, and PRAY he develops against all odds.

But I don't expect that, and I think anyone that does is fooling themselves.

LMFAO...

First off I dont even know who you are (or anyone on here) or where you came from. I was talking with Danamal (or something like that) about one of his posts and you jump in and shot your load prematurely.

And now you are all worked up for no good reason.

I dont know who likes Quinn or Anderson and I dont care. I never not once called out a single name and said "you hate Anderson" or "you hate Quinn". I was talking about the board in general and calling out the obvious. But if the shoe fits then so be it.

You commented

"So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts."

And I said "he hasnt shown anything in 27 starts, what games were you watching?" And thats exactly what I meant. He had good games and yes he did have bad ones. Just like everyone else. So, no its not good enough for me. Having the old Joe Montana or P. Manning would be good enough for me.

Now I do agree that he is NOT the answer either but is the best option right now and the rest of this year.

It might just be me but it seems as if the Browns have hired coaches (and GMs) that basically don't really know much about the QB position. I understand that these guys are more qualified then i am to judge QBs but that doesn't make them good at it. I know that the Browns have had some bad teams over the years but i find it hard to believe that with all the draft picks that we couldn't find one "it" guy at QB.

So finding one example is telling me it's all over.... okie dokie :blink:

Your second sentance sums it up and puts it all on you, not others. You are reading between lines and getting context that has never been there.

Well I guess everyone has different opinions and mine is definitely different from yours.

Not a single person on this board can really say DA is better than anything we have, period. That is just silly in its self.

What????

Dude either you are playing me like a violin or you make no sense at all.

Who that we have is a better QB than DA?

I just can't believe we are back to having this same ol' debate. Everybody here thought once the season began we would have our QB win lose or draw, now we're transported back to May 09 where everybody is throwing out stats from 08 and 07. The DA backers like an ex high school QB reliving the glory year where he was badass for about 8 games (and the giants game of 08) while ignoring all of his other shitty play.

Those who backed Quinn acknowledge that he hasn't played well at all, but pulling him after 3 games is definitely a knee jerk reaction by Mangini, and most of us realize that he's making this move to keep his job (how effin' sick is that?)

Everybody here is hoping that Anderson has a good game. I hope that somehow magically he "gets it" now and goes out and torches the Bengals then runs the table and cements himself as our franchise QB of the future. That would be awesome, it really would. However, what you DA fags have to realize is that until that happens you cannot fault us for having little to no faith in this happening, we are basing this view on what he's done in the past, most recently this past sunday. 3 picks in one half of football? Yeah sign me up.

Its better then the alternate.

Archived