THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Bengals According to Schein

chumpchange

And we have all witnessed DA couldn't get the job done either. So what exactly is the point?

LMAO...

We can argue this for another day or 10 or whatever.

No matter what anyone thinks DA has shown that he can get the job done. He has started 27 games.... How many did he win and compare that to when people get a chance to start. And he did all of that while on a shitty team with shitty coaching. Also what people seem to forget is that he is only what 26 years old? And the first chance he got to take over he went 10-5 and had 3,800 yards and 29 TD's one short of a team record, again all while under a shitty team with shitty coaching.

Has he had some bone headed plays and INT's???? Absolutely... He takes shots and some worked out very well and some havent. See Brett Favre

And again for the 19th time maybe he is not the answer. But he is definitely the answer right now. No doubt about it IMO.

It feels like we are playing tennis so now it is back in your court. And Im sure you will hit it back.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see how anyone can honestly look at that career and tell me with a straight face he is going to be anything more than an journeyman pro. Even in his "great" 2007 season the only time he had more than 2 "good" weeks in a row was in the span where he played Miami, St. Lois, and Seattle and he was actually less than good in seattle.

I think in this big mess of things you lost the only point that anyone is trying to make.

DA IS A BETTER OPTION RIGHT NOW THEN ANYONE THAT WE HAVE. Nobody is saying that he is going to be a superstar or a hall of famer.

Please try to stick to the point.

Guest Masters

Quinn is the same age w/ less in game experience. So why even bring up DA's age?

DA in all those 27 games has shown zero growth.

Those stats are 2 years old. What DA did in 2007 against some of the worst teams in the league that year is not all that relavent in 2009. Showing you can do the job for about 12 games isn't exactly something I get excited over. Willie Green did that at RB. Where is he now?

There were more offensive options last year than this year, yet DA did just as little with them as Quinn is doing this year.

Quinn has been under the same shitty coaching as DA. So again, why even bring this up.

Favre showed growth over his first 27 starts. Favre is also the exception to the rule.

We can agree that neither QB might be the answer. But you can't sell me DA is suddenly going to change now, after not changing for 27 starts, especially after his showing in relief against BALT.

And if you believe DA was responsible for all 10 of those wins in 2007, that is revisionist history.

Once again let's look at that 10 wins in 2007

he played good in 6 of them. But I only see two wins against quality teams. He beat Baltimore and the NYJ while playing well. The other four teams he played well against were CINCINATI, MIAMI, ST. LOIS, and HOUSTON.

Then the TEAM had 4 wins against SEATLE, BALTIMORE, BUFFALO and SAN FRANCISCO where DA played average at best and below average in some.

PLease tell me where the QUALITY wins are there?

and then. Show me where he ever played more than two games in a row above average?

That is your point? Seriously?

So when you are SUPPOSED to play good against team that arent as good and he DOES fook it?????

So when the Lions beat the Redskins it doesnt really count???? You might be on to something..........

Guest Masters
DA IS A BETTER OPTION RIGHT NOW THEN ANYONE THAT WE HAVE. Nobody is saying that he is going to be a superstar or a hall of famer.

That is an opinion. I don't think either QB is a better option than the other right now, when looking at the whole offense. It's trading one serious flaw for another. Both result in loses no matter how you slice it. That second half of the BALT game showed exactly that.

Guest Masters
That is your point? Seriously?

So when you are SUPPOSED to play good against team that arent as good and he DOES fook it?????

So when the Lions beat the Redskins it doesnt really count???? You might be on to something..........

Boy, that's kind of like diminishing Quinn's game against DEN last season, now isn't it <_<

His point is, those results aren't quite as impressive when you take them out of a vaccume.

Quinn is the same age w/ less in game experience. So why even bring up DA's age?

DA in all those 27 games has shown zero growth.

Those stats are 2 years old. What DA did in 2007 against some of the worst teams in the league that year is not all that relavent in 2009. Showing you can do the job for about 12 games isn't exactly something I get excited over. Willie Green did that at RB. Where is he now?

There were more offensive options last year than this year, yet DA did just as little with them as Quinn is doing this year.

Quinn has been under the same shitty coaching as DA. So again, why even bring this up.

Favre showed growth over his first 27 starts. Favre is also the exception to the rule.

We can agree that neither QB might be the answer. But you can't sell me DA is suddenly going to change now, after not changing for 27 starts, especially after his showing in relief against BALT.

And if you believe DA was responsible for all 10 of those wins in 2007, that is revisionist history.

You are mistaken my friend.

My only point in ALL of this is he is better than Quinn. Also you say that he has done NOTHING. That is false. He has had good games. And again yes he has had bad ones. But he is our best option that we have to win football games.

I am not a Quinn fan and Im not a DA fan. I am a fan of the Browns and winning football games. Whoever the best player is at each position I want them to play. This is not Madden where I can trade for P. Manning or Drew Brees. This is reality.

Guest Masters
You are mistaken my friend.

My only point in ALL of this is he is better than Quinn. Also you say that he has done NOTHING. That is false. He has had good games. And again yes he has had bad ones. But he is our best option that we have to win football games.

I am not a Quinn fan and Im not a DA fan. I am a fan of the Browns and winning football games. Whoever the best player is at each position I want them to play. This is not Madden where I can trade for P. Manning or Drew Brees. This is reality.

My point is no one can actaully say either QB is better. Not when you 27 starts compared to 6 NFL starts. In those 27 starts you have a completely different set of offensive weapons (which filled up a ass load of spectacular catches that no one can expect week in and week out) and the majority of the stats coming in a small amount of games against teams as bad or worse than the Browns.

I have never said DA has done nothing. Quit trying to read between the lines, because there is nothing there. And as JADBF said, I want better for the Browns than a few meaningless wins. On top of that, DA hasn't given CLE the best opportunity to win since 2007. So forgive me if I don't believe in trying to catch lighting in a bottle a second time around.

I am not a fan of either QB either.

This is freaking Holcomb all over again.

I think in this big mess of things you lost the only point that anyone is trying to make.

Here is my problem with this statement - DA SHOULD be better than anyone we have as he has more experience. But if we continue to follow this line of reasoning, any QB we draft will never get any playing time; as a result, they'll never have a chance to BE better. That applies to everyone, naturally.

It doesn't work - players get better by playing (or they don't get better). DA hasn't gotten better as he has played (so far) - he's still the same guy he was coming into the league in 2005.

If we keep switching back to Anderson in a desparate attempt to win 'some games', we're never going to get better and this team will continue to achieve 4-12, 5-11, and 6-10.

Then if you are sticking to that point, quit quoting his 2007 season like it's gospel and means he's any good.

I have no problem with saying DA gives us a better chance to win now. However when you extrapolate that out to say " and he's young and can improve and could turn out great!", its then that I get the stat hammer out.

Its called a debate ever hear of it?

Thats what I started out with it.

And then you and Masters are playing tag team action and start saying he has done nothing. Ummm but he has done something in the National Football League. He threw for 3,800 29 td's and made the pro bowl...... Never said he could turn out great or even he can improve.... But twist it however you want. If you go back and look I said he probably is not the answer. But is the answer for this year and this year only. We can agree on that. But when you brake out your "stat hammer" and say things like he did this vs. this shitty team does not work with me.

Keep at it boys I have strong shoulders.

p.s I strongly suggest going back through all this garbage and then coming back to say something

Guest Masters
Its called a debate ever hear of it?

Thats what I started out with it.

And then you and Masters are playing tag team action and start saying he has done nothing. Ummm but he has done something in the National Football League. He threw for 3,800 29 td's and made the pro bowl...... Never said he could turn out great or even he can improve.... But twist it however you want. If you go back and look I said he probably is not the answer. But is the answer for this year and this year only. We can agree on that. But when you brake out your "stat hammer" and say things like he did this vs. this shitty team does not work with me.

Keep at it boys I have strong shoulders.

p.s I strongly suggest going back through all this garbage and then coming back to say something

Quit making shit up then. Neither I, no JADBF have said DA has done nothing or even alluded to it.

You should take your one p.s. advise their.

Here is my problem with this statement - DA SHOULD be better than anyone we have as he has more experience. But if we continue to follow this line of reasoning, any QB we draft will never get any playing time; as a result, they'll never have a chance to BE better. That applies to everyone, naturally.

It doesn't work - players get better by playing (or they don't get better). DA hasn't gotten better as he has played (so far) - he's still the same guy he was coming into the league in 2005.

If we keep switching back to Anderson in a desparate attempt to win 'some games', we're never going to get better and this team will continue to achieve 4-12, 5-11, and 6-10.

Damn, and again IMO Quinn is a bum. Anderson is better right now and will always be as long as he is competing against Brady Quinn. We need a QB. When you have 2 QB's you dont have a QB. I agree. But we still have to play games this year.

If your point is well we suck anyways lets see what the kid has. I would almost always agree with you. Except this one time with Quinn. I have seen enough of him to know that he is not going to be good. Im not a gm or a coach but thats my opinion. Maybe we get Bradford next year or a veteran I dont know, but right now its one option and one option only.

I just want to win games thats it.

My point is no one can actaully say either QB is better. Not when you 27 starts compared to 6 NFL starts. In those 27 starts you have a completely different set of offensive weapons (which filled up a ass load of spectacular catches that no one can expect week in and week out) and the majority of the stats coming in a small amount of games against teams as bad or worse than the Browns.

I have never said DA has done nothing. Quit trying to read between the lines, because there is nothing there. And as JADBF said, I want better for the Browns than a few meaningless wins. On top of that, DA hasn't given CLE the best opportunity to win since 2007. So forgive me if I don't believe in trying to catch lighting in a bottle a second time around.

I am not a fan of either QB either.

This is freaking Holcomb all over again.

"My point is no one can actaully say either QB is better" I call bullshit..... If you can not see then again you are blind.....

"I want better for the Browns than a few meaningless wins." And please tell me what that is??? To see if Brady is the real deal? PLEEAAASEE

"This is freaking Holcomb all over again." I think Holcomb was better than both. :lol::lol::lol:

Quit making shit up then. Neither I, no JADBF have said DA has done nothing or even alluded to it.

You should take your one p.s. advise their.

Masters,

I really think you are going off the deep end. You started strong and stayed strong and then you started running out of gas and now you are sitting on the side of the road with a gas can in one hand and a cell phone in the other. ;)

Guest Masters
"My point is no one can actaully say either QB is better" I call bullshit..... If you can not see then again you are blind.....

"I want better for the Browns than a few meaningless wins." And please tell me what that is??? To see if Brady is the real deal? PLEEAAASEE

"This is freaking Holcomb all over again." I think Holcomb was better than both. :lol::lol::lol:

It's 6 starts and 3 with 1 weapon on offense. Quinn may ultimately not working out in the NFL at QB, but there isn't enough evidence of that to make a generalization like that. You can call all the BS you want and say I am blind. But that doesn't make it a reality. While they may be wrong too, I am can pull a lot of comments from people in and around the NFL who will disagree w/ your statement. While you will be hard pressed to find one NFL mind that shares your statement. So where actually is the BS?

No, for CLE to have HC who sticks w/ a plan, for CLE to actually not have a predicatable offense, for them not to keep going back to a well that has to date shown to not be the answer, to not go after a couple of meaningless wins for the sake of it, etc.

You keep making it about Quinn, not I. My point is on DA and the notion that after watching him come in and throw 3 terible picks in that could have been 5 in 2 QTRs (the guy with those 27 starts of experience and 5 of which are agaisnt BALT) last week gives any confidence that he will do any better than Quinn has done so far.

Guest Masters
Masters,

I really think you are going off the deep end. You started strong and stayed strong and then you started running out of gas and now you are sitting on the side of the road with a gas can in one hand and a cell phone in the other. ;)

:rolleyes:

Yes, after I call you out for saying I or JADBF said something we have never said you go to this.....lmfao.

I think its yourself you should state this to. It is you who chose to put words in others mouths, which is the sure sign of deep end and running out of gas.

Well the difference we have is if "Anderson is the ANSWER for this year". I don't necessarily agree with that. Common sense is not very common.

I believe it doesn't matter which QB you play. Do you know anything about football? No seriously....

They both suck, we'll lose more games than we win no matter who is at QB. DA MIGHT win one or two more games this year than Quinn would have. Then its a no brainer, glad we agree.

But to me, that's "polishing a turd" to steal someone elses line here. Or we could polish a bigger turd. You choice.

As far as going back through the garbage. I agree, it's tough looking back though all the garbage DA put up in his 27 starts. I'm sorry that was tough for you. Nope you definitely missed that one. What I was saying is you go through all of this garbage on this thread before you post again. It would help

BUt if you want to keep pimping his stats to show he's the "answer" And that is exactly why I said go back through this mess, it might help you because I've said nothing of the sort.

I'd have to really ask. What exactly is the question? Which QB sucks least? Wow I don't really need to answer that one. That was never the question but if you are asking it is Quinn.

This has been fun......

I'm glad you enjoyed defending one terrible QB over another. I'm glad sucking is acceptable to you as long as its more exciting that the other sucking. Keep it up and Lums might invite you to his and Stans' reach around party with DA.

There you go again being dumb. I think that I have seen you post before and I thought you were good. What happend?

You have to step up your game a little errrr alot. The old twist the words and putting me in DA fag category is for the chumps of this board. You are better than that espeacially if you actually speak the truth to what I am trying to say.

Yes, after I call you out for saying I or JADBF said something we have never said you go to this.....lmfao.

I think its yourself you should state this to. It is you who chose to put words in others mouths, which is the sure sign of deep end and running out of gas.

Ok I will play. Be back in 19 hours after going through all of this.

Guest Masters
The bright side for DA was he got a fat contract,

You sound like Marvin Lewis

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis didn't sound blown away by Anderson's career-high five-touchdown performance two Septembers ago.

''I think that day led him to a big contract and being able to stay in the starting job,'' Lewis said on a conference call Wednesday. ''We were one interception from him probably not being in that job. But we didn't make the plays, they did and they went on to win the football game. A lot has passed since then.''

"So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts." Nothing in 27 starts? What do you call that there Masters?

" it's tough looking back though all the garbage DA put up in his 27 starts " Again He did not put up garbage in 27 starts.

And then a whole bunch of saying he did nothing without saying he has done nothing.

But will agree that it was not so much you as the other guy.

But anyhow I think you and I are saying alot of the same things in different words and I think you and I have different opinions and also you have made no sense on a couple things but all in all you almost get it.

Guest Masters
"So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts." Nothing in 27 starts? What do you call that there Masters?

" it's tough looking back though all the garbage DA put up in his 27 starts " Again He did not put up garbage in 27 starts.

And then a whole bunch of saying he did nothing without saying he has done nothing.

But will agree that it was not so much you as the other guy.

But anyhow I think you and I are saying alot of the same things in different words and I think you and I have different opinions and also you have made no sense on a couple things but all in all you almost get it.

I'd call the first one your lack of reading comprehension. It didn't even say the word nothing, imply nothing or elude to nothing. It simpley says it's hard to believe DA will become comthign he hasn't shown in his 27 starts (you know, only playing well against bad teams, stupid turnovers, different guy each week/quarter, etc.). Quit trying to read between the lines, there is nothing there.

I'd call the second one you missing what was meant by that (i.e. the bad throws and choices that continued through all those starts, the up and down, etc.).

It's 6 starts and 3 with 1 weapon on offense. Quinn may ultimately not working out in the NFL at QB, but there isn't enough evidence of that to make a generalization like that. You can call all the BS you want and say I am blind. But that doesn't make it a reality. While they may be wrong too, I am can pull a lot of comments from people in and around the NFL who will disagree w/ your statement. While you will be hard pressed to find one NFL mind that shares your statement. So where actually is the BS? The BS is when you said nobody can say who the better QB is. Also I dont buy the "only 1 weapon on offense" deal. That line is for suckers. Are there better weapons? Sure but there are other weapons on offense Quinn failed to get them the ball when they were open.

No, for CLE to have HC who sticks w/ a plan, for CLE to actually not have a predicatable offense, for them not to keep going back to a well that has to date shown to not be the answer, to not go after a couple of meaningless wins for the sake of it, etc. So what does this have to do with Quinn or Anderson?

You keep making it about Quinn, not I. My point is on DA and the notion that after watching him come in and throw 3 terible picks in that could have been 5 in 2 QTRs (the guy with those 27 starts of experience and 5 of which are agaisnt BALT) last week gives any confidence that he will do any better than Quinn has done so far. Its not hard to do better than Quinn has. Throwing the ball and getting a first down is better than Quinn.

As a fan of the Browns

How anyone can look at the 2007 season as anything less than a failure by DA is a silly argument.

Look at the stats for both the arizona game and the must win cinci game,he blew it not once but twice not the team but he single handedly lost both games with his poor decision making 4 picks alone in the cinci game with two being back to back with less than two minutes to go in the first half.

The bright side for DA was he got a fat contract,got a second hand invite to the probowl when Tom Brady decided to have surgery instead and was awarded six primetime games for the 08 season.

08 isnt even worth talking about and is indefensible and it proved that at best DA is a competant backup,although after the ratbird game last weekend even that has become a question mark.

This team has no general behind center or indentity to run with,I cant stress how huge that is.

2007 season was a failure? Maybe because we did not go to the playoffs or win the super bowl. But winning 10 games and losing 5 when we were pegged dead last is not a failure.

You brought up 2 games. Congratulations you are the man.

This team does need a general and yes we do not have one. That is not the arguement. But thanks for trying.

Put up or shut up time. How many wins do you think Anderson "leads" this team to this year?

Your answer to that will let you know if you are getting a reach around from lums anytime soon.

Me? I'm guessing 3-4.

More than we would with Quinn. Thats all I care about and all Im trying to say. We actually might get some 1st downs with Anderson in the game. I really dont think Quinn understands that you have to go 10 yards for a first down or on 3rd down you have to get past the sticks. That education is going to waste on a football field.

Guest Masters
The BS is when you said nobody can say who the better QB is.

Also I dont buy the "only 1 weapon on offense" deal. That line is for suckers. Are there better weapons? Sure but there are other weapons on offense Quinn failed to get them the ball when they were open.

So what does this have to do with Quinn or Anderson?

Its not hard to do better than Quinn has. Throwing the ball and getting a first down is better than Quinn.

You can call the 1st one BS all you want. Doesn't it make it so.

As ot the weapons, what did they do when DA was slinging it in the second half of that game, or all of preseason? I'll venture a guess you don't have game film, just like the rest of us don't, so wh make a statment like "Quinn failed to get them the ball when they were open" when you have no evidence of anyone being open, aside from the one play to MoMass in the DEN game? And you want to call BS on me?

For what it has to do with Quinn or Anderson, you know the answer to that if you bother to pay attention to your own question it was in response to.

As to the last part, I could turn that around and say the same thing about DA for his recent history.

I'd call the first one your lack of reading comprehension. It didn't even say the word nothing, imply nothing or elude to nothing. It simpley says it's hard to believe DA will become comthign he hasn't shown in his 27 starts (you know, only playing well against bad teams, stupid turnovers, different guy each week/quarter, etc.). Quit trying to read between the lines, there is nothing there.

I'd call the second one you missing what was meant by that (i.e. the bad throws and choices that continued through all those starts, the up and down, etc.).

Why cant you get the easiest things?

"he hasn't shown in his 27 starts"

That is bullshit Masters. He has had good games if its against bad teams good teams whatever. That is what you wanted me to dig up and now that I did you want to call renig? LMAO

Same thing on the 2nd one.

Guest Masters
Why cant you get the easiest things?

"he hasn't shown in his 27 starts"

That is bullshit Masters. He has had good games if its against bad teams good teams whatever. That is what you wanted me to dig up and now that I did you want to call renig? LMAO

Same thing on the 2nd one.

LMFAO..... It is you who can't get the easiest thing.

The quote you pulled is "So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts." (way to shorten it even more in a poor attempt to change the contect). In the context of the post you decide to lift that line from is exactly what I stated. DA has shown no growth, consistency, or reason to believe he will ever be more than what he is.

I said show me where I or JADBF has said DA had done nothing, as you so claimed. You have failed epically on that pal.

I think the quote is quite clear myself. It's not saying he's done nothing, it's saying he hasn't changed and isn't likely to. And that what he has done isn't good enough.

But hey, not all of us comprehend things as quickly as others.

Yep I be dumb.

When you say he has done nothing or has put up garbage in 27 starts ummmm thats what I think you mean. Not something else. And in another post you said he did decent against terrible teams. Uhhh thats also what I thought you meant. I thought you say what you mean and mean what you say? My bad.

Archived