THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Bengals According to Schein

chumpchange

Guest Masters
Yep I be dumb.

When you say he has done nothing or has put up garbage in 27 starts ummmm thats what I think you mean. Not something else. And in another post you said he did decent against terrible teams. Uhhh thats also what I thought you meant. I thought you say what you mean and mean what you say? My bad.

He's never said DA "has done nothing".

You are deciding to take the garbage in 27 starts out of context. Twist it how you want, but the meaning wasn't that everything DA did through all 27 starts was garbage.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masters
I swear to god after reading what you just typed I have tears running down my face from laughing. I promise.

I update the second part.....

I'll assume you are laughing at your self, since you have yet to back your claim that either of us ever said DA has done nothing.

More than we would with Quinn. Thats all I care about and all Im trying to say. We actually might get some 1st downs with Anderson in the game. I really dont think Quinn understands that you have to go 10 yards for a first down or on 3rd down you have to get past the sticks. That education is going to waste on a football field.

I can honestly say i've never quite seen a homer towards any one player before in my life...I for one used to be 100% behind DA until he showed us that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Is Quinn the answer? probably not, but 5 games spread between two regimes with two totally different playbooks and two totally different coaching styles certainly doesn't give ANY player the consistency needed to succeed. DA at least was in the same system for all of his starts leading up to this year, but he STILL looks exactly the same no matter who he is being coached by. The Pro Bowl after the 2007-2008 series was my FIRST clue that maybe he wasn't as good as I had thought he was. Once again I ask, what is Mangini so worried about winning if his whole purpose at this time is to build a franchise of the future?

And if DA is his choice than do DA the favor of trading BQ so he can quit looking over his shoulder and worrying about making mistakes and being pulled. The mishandling of our team is what is really making us look terrible, not the play of our QB's. Neither one has the support of the Coach therefore both will be terrible. Not to mention the GARBAGE playcalling we're getting from the OC.

Alrighty then....BASH AWAY fellas :P

Guest Masters
I can honestly say i've never quite seen a homer towards any one player before in my life...I for one used to be 100% behind DA until he showed us that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Is Quinn the answer? probably not, but 5 games spread between two regimes with two totally different playbooks and two totally different coaching styles certainly doesn't give ANY player the consistency needed to succeed. DA at least was in the same system for all of his starts leading up to this year, but he STILL looks exactly the same no matter who he is being coached by. The Pro Bowl after the 2007-2008 series was my FIRST clue that maybe he wasn't as good as I had thought he was. Once again I ask, what is Mangini so worried about winning if his whole purpose at this time is to build a franchise of the future?

And if DA is his choice than do DA the favor of trading BQ so he can quit looking over his shoulder and worrying about making mistakes and being pulled. The mishandling of our team is what is really making us look terrible, not the play of our QB's. Neither one has the support of the Coach therefore both will be terrible. Not to mention the GARBAGE playcalling we're getting from the OC.

You sir are a Quinn fag :P

Seriously though, I am right there with you and I think most others are as well.

Read this one more time ....

"So forgive some of us if we have a hard time believing DA is going to have some miraculous divine intervention from God and become something he hasn't shown in 27 starts."

That's not saying he's done nothing. That's saying I don't believe he will show us anything different now that he hasnt' shown us before.

Ok honestly and put everything aside just for one moment..... When you were typing at the beginning or in any other post you were never trying to say that DA has done nothing? Be honest my man. And if you say no then I will admit I was wrong and move on and if you say yes then we will move on.

First off nice post....

Second off I am not a homer towards DA never have been never will be unless yes he does show me other wise. My point was and is DA is better than Brady will ever be. Going through this year with Brady in does nothing for our future.... Nothing..... So I would rather win some games and move on next year in the draft.

NO and you can go back and read many many threads, my arguements with Zombo, D&S and my discussions with CMAC. (Anything I say to Stan or Lums doesn't count, that's just fun).

I've never said DA has done nothing, and I don't think even the biggest Quinn Fags here (and yes there are some), would even say that.

DA did do something. He played erratically for one season. had some good games. had some bad games, had some meh games.

But he's had 27 starts to show that he can work on his faults and make them better. And in the opinion of some of us here, He hasn't done that, and we don't expect that another 13 starts this year will help him do that.

Then you go to Quinn, ( and I hate to even talk about this because then folks will twist it to make me a Quinn fag), but you have a guy who's had 6 full starts in the NFL, looked decent in one last year, and since then has looked pretty pathetic. But I don't believe you can for sure use those 6 starts to extrapolate what kind of QB he will end up being. His mistakes and lack of ability to get the ball past 5 yards could be a lack of natural ability, arm strength or somethign else that is not correctable. OR it could be that he's playing too "tight" worrying too much about making mistakes and not letting the game come to him. Those things are correctable.

That being said. I have no problem is Mangini doesn't think it's worth working on Quinn's issues, and wants to start DA the rest of the year. In Fact I said if he thinks that, he should trade Quinn now so that the controversy on this team and on these message boards can end.

But that still doesn't change my opinion that DA won't be anything more than an average back up QB in this league, and that if he starts the rest of this year, it means nothing good for the long term future of this team. And I take exception when people try to prop up DA with his stats from 2007 and try to give false hope to me or any other Browns fan.

Plus......I just like to argue...ask Zombo.

Fair enough. I admit I was wrong...

Now I actually think that we do share some of the same view. But JMO I think Quinn is a bum. I have said several times that I always say give the guy time and yada yada yada. But with him just for some reason I don't believe in him. And for the record I dont think DA is anywhere close to where he should be to be a good QB. But he has shown life. And that for me is something because I am a true Browns fan and want to see the team win.

"Plus......I just like to argue...ask Zombo." I am definitely right there with you bro.

Ok I am moving on from this mess. Good going at it with ya.

You guys should know that Adam Schein is a NY based "journalist" who has admitted his hatred for Mangini on the air. He was calling for Mangini's firing when he was 8-3 last year. I doubt Adam Schein is a reasonable source of information much less an unbiased one.

He's a tool.

Adam Schein might just be the most obnoxious human being on the planet.

First off nice post....

Second off I am not a homer towards DA never have been never will be unless yes he does show me other wise. My point was and is DA is better than Brady will ever be. Going through this year with Brady in does nothing for our future.... Nothing..... So I would rather win some games and move on next year in the draft.

While I do respect your view that Quinn is a bum, i'm not at that point with him yet (And it's not because I have a Jersey with the number 10 on it either, lol). I would like to see what he is capable of with a few more pieces of the puzzle around him, that's all. Maybe we're all wrong and Mangini pulled him so he doesn't end up like David Carr or Tim Couch...Gunshy from being on his back for most of the game...If that's the case DA is the perfect answer due to his lack of holding on to the ball very long.

Archived