THE BROWNS BOARD

Ro Must Go

Zombo

Yeah, it's me. The real Z.

Missed you bastards. I'm not going to explain. But I'm now two inches taller, have two separate eyebrows and a full head of hair.

Hi Skippy. Nice new digs. We got Bandwidth.

It's been almost a year since I was a regular participant so let me get you up-to-date on what I've been thinking:

Quinn: The Franchise QB we have been missing. Period. Let's shut up and move on, we've got issues all over the board.

Shaun Rodgers: Bad Ass motherfucker.

Josh Cribbs: Bad Ass motherfucker.

Joe J.: Missed badly.

Edwards: Pussy.

Stallworth: Bigger Pussy.

Linebacker: Big Bunch of Pussies

Defensive backs: Bigger Bunch of Pussies

Defense: Just a huge big bunch of Pussies. And Rodgers.

Romeo: Must go.

The defense doesn't work. OK? It was a nice try. We brought in Belichick's defensive coor (even though it was Belichick's defense and Romeo sucked in an earlier stint as DC) gave him four years to install his personel and ... let's see... 26th in defense ... 26th in run defense ... 470 yards for Cutler with no running backs in sight ... Swept by Baltimore ... 5-17 in the Division ... 0-7 against the Steelers ... ummmm ... yyyeah ... I'm going to go ahead and say .... It's not Fucking Working!

Other than that ... let's see .. I enjoyed the Giant game, Pointbriand is having his best season yet ... and I enjoyed seeing Shep get both of his men in the same week (something Steeler Chuck always aspired to)

Zombo

You've been really missed around here Z. Great to have yo back, and hope things are going better in your life. As always I about totally agree with your line of thinking. My prediction is the Browns will go 6-10 the rest of the year with that crap defense, and Romeo will deservedly get shown the door. Some new posters here, some of the same Steeler trolls (Ate gave Steeler Chuck the boot) and plenty of new posters haven't seen DesertDawg yet in the new digs, though. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hey Hoorta, good to "see" you.

Yeah, Romeo is 23-34 overall, 5-17 in the division and 0-7 against the Steelers.

Butch Davis was 24-34 overall, 12-18 in the division and 1-7 against the Steelers.

And he was rightfully fired. And Romeo should be rightfully fired.

As far as us finshing 6-10, who knows from week to week? We are good enough to beat the best team in the NFL (Giants) and bad enough to get swept by a team with a rookie coach and rookie QB coming off a 5-11 season (Ratbirds).

There's just no defense. And there hasn't been since 1994. Soon we will have board members, if we don't already, who have never seen a good Browns defensive team in their lifetime. It's sad.

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS

Welcome back Zippy,

You picked a good half of season to take off, nothing has gone smooth this season from the Browns, to the tailgates, to this forum ... everything is being built with the future in mind and this season's been overlooked to work out kinks.

Actually there has been one constant, My Mentor Cardinals are still alive, and 8-0 in November the past two seasons - when most boys have already handed in their equipment and are looking to the next sport. I'm gearing up for the Regional Semi-final tonight in 4 hours. (excuse me if I'm pumped)

Hope you're back in the mix, it's time to get tough and weed out the pretenders, that Jamal Lewis stopped short of calling out, and start to rebuild (again) around the future.

Missed you bastards. I'm not going to explain. But I'm now two inches taller, have separate eyebrows and a full head of hair.

It's been almost a year since I was a regular participant so let me get you up-to-date on what I've been thinking:

Quinn: The Franchise QB we have been missing. Period. Let's shut up and move on, we've got issues all over the board.

The defense doesn't work. OK? It was a nice try. We brought in Belichick's defensive coor (even though it was Belichick's defense and Romeo sucked in an earlier stint as DC) gave him four years to install his personel and ... let's see... 26th in defense ... 26th in run defense ... 470 yards for Cutler with no running backs in sight ... Swept by Baltimore ... 5-17 in the Division ... 0-7 against the Steelers ... ummmm ... yyyeah ... I'm going to go ahead and say .... It's not Fucking Working!

Other than that ... let's see .. I enjoyed the Giant game, Pointbriand is having his best season yet ... and I enjoyed seeing Shep get both of his men in the same week (something Steeler Chuck always aspired to)

Zombo

Agree 100% with the above; however, we need to rename Stallworth to Stallgina; this fool is a COMPLETE waste of time and money

Missed you bastards. I'm not going to explain. But I'm now two inches taller, have separate eyebrows and a full head of hair.

Zombo

Agree 100% with the above; however, we need to rename Stallworth to Stallgina; this fool is a COMPLETE waste of time and money

And RAC MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Actually there has been one constant, My Mentor Cardinals are still alive, and 8-0 in November the past two seasons "

--skippy

Didn't they get waxed by Glenville in August? And lose in September too? and October too? How many times can a HS football team lose in Ohio and still be in running for a championship? Sounds worse than the ACC.

So I missed a bunch of web growing pains, tailgaiting trauma, bad football and homo Quarterback talk? Man, that sounds so 1999.

What's next, you made TopJock a moderator?

Zombo

Welcome back Zippy,

You picked a good half of season to take off, nothing has gone smooth this season from the Browns, to the tailgates, to this forum ... everything is being built with the future in mind and this season's been overlooked to work out kinks.

Actually there has been one constant, My Mentor Cardinals are still alive, and 8-0 in November the past two seasons - when most boys have already handed in their equipment and are looking to the next sport. I'm gearing up for the Regional Semi-final tonight in 4 hours. (excuse me if I'm pumped)

Hope you're back in the mix, it's time to get tough and weed out the pretenders, that Jamal Lewis stopped short of calling out, and start to rebuild (again) around the future.

Go Mentor!

Go Wolves!!!!

You've been really missed around here Z. Great to have yo back, and hope things are going better in your life. As always I about totally agree with your line of thinking. My prediction is the Browns will go 6-10 the rest of the year with that crap defense, and Romeo will deservedly get shown the door. Some new posters here, some of the same Steeler trolls (Ate gave Steeler Chuck the boot) and plenty of new posters haven't seen DesertDawg yet in the new digs, though. icon_e_biggrin.gif

You both forgot the biggest problem.......Phil Savage himself the architect of the losing for four years...........sumtimes de obvious becomes the hardest to face in reality

and for all doze who still want Cowher to replace Romeo......sorry pals Cowher will NOT EVER work for Phil...........a winner working for a loser and knowing that ..........no way

and one more thought about comparing Butch to Romeo...........Butch was the GM and rightfully fired and Phil is the GM and supplied Romeo with shit and should be rightfully fired..................PHIL SAVAGE A LOSER ..........LOSING STARTS AT THE TOP..............

Cribbs is the best player on the team an undrafted FA.........so much for Phil's acumen

Guest ATENEARS
"Actually there has been one constant, My Mentor Cardinals are still alive, and 8-0 in November the past two seasons "

--skippy

Didn't they get waxed by Glenville in August? And lose in September too? and October too? How many times can a HS football team lose in Ohio and still be in running for a championship? Sounds worse than the ACC.

Mentor lost to the #1 & #2 seeds in the the region, and when you play a schedule against 9 of your 10 opponents that had winning records (combined record of 66-34) even the computer can't screw ya out of a playoff birth. In fact, Mentor finished ranked higher in computer points than Glenville 10-0, and 7th ranked team in the country. Glenville played three opponents with 1-9 records and one with an 0-10 record ... pathetic!

Tonight Glenville (10-0) faces St. Ignatius (9-1) and Mentor (8-2) faces Strongsville (9-1)

St. Iggy's only loss was a week #1 loss to Glenville on a last second field goal. Mentor's losses came to Strongsville in week #2 and Iggy, and Strongsville's only loss was to St. Ed's in week #1 ... the best four teams are represented.

So I missed a bunch of web growing pains, tailgaiting trauma, bad football and homo Quarterback talk? Man, that sounds so 1999.

Ya ... that's about it. So, we are putting all of our hopes on boy wonders shoulder ... because that worked out so well in 99'.

Zombo

Close, we hired some clown named Horse Balls ... but he got drunk one night, all sappy-eyed and started mumbling stupid shit about growing up in Oregon. We had to run him.

Close, we hired some clown named Horse Balls ... but he got drunk one night, all sappy-eyed and started mumbling stupid shit about growing up in Oregon. We had to run him.

LOL! I kind of got a charge out of the sick basterd calling himself Robert Jackson. Who gives a rat about Horse Balls when we got upgrades like Stonewall. Zippy good to see you back in action.

- Tom F.

--skippy

Zombo

Welcome back!

Hey Hoorta, good to "see" you.

Yeah, Romeo is 23-34 overall, 5-17 in the division and 0-7 against the Steelers.

Butch Davis was 24-34 overall, 12-18 in the division and 1-7 against the Steelers.

And he was rightfully fired. And Romeo should be rightfully fired.

As far as us finshing 6-10, who knows from week to week? We are good enough to beat the best team in the NFL (Giants) and bad enough to get swept by a team with a rookie coach and rookie QB coming off a 5-11 season (Ratbirds).

There's just no defense. And there hasn't been since 1994. Soon we will have board members, if we don't already, who have never seen a good Browns defensive team. It's sad.

Zombo

rac will be 0-8 vs steelers

Guest Masters

You both forgot the biggest problem.......Phil Savage himself the architect of the losing for four years...........sumtimes de obvious becomes the hardest to face in reality

and for all doze who still want Cowher to replace Romeo......sorry pals Cowher will NOT EVER work for Phil...........a winner working for a loser and knowing that ..........no way

and one more thought about comparing Butch to Romeo...........Butch was the GM and rightfully fired and Phil is the GM and supplied Romeo with shit and should be rightfully fired..................PHIL SAVAGE A LOSER ..........LOSING STARTS AT THE TOP..............

Cribbs is the best player on the team an undrafted FA.........so much for Phil's acumen

3 losing seasons (assuming CLE is below .500) this year.

Savage did go and sign Cribbs as an UFA. So how is that a knock of Phil? Because he didn't use a draft pick on him and waited to get him as an UFA? Savaga also stole Rogers from DET. Savage also made Winslow renegotiate after his motorcycle fiasco.

Phil ain't the problem. People can say what they want about an easy schedule last year, but teams don't win 10 games in the NFL by accident or with bad talent. If that was the case, DET and OAK wouldn't be on their streaks.

Phil has made mistakes, no question. But they aren't what are costing CLE now.

Zombie! I came back from exile and you were gone...not cool. Just not the same without you. Damn, that sounded gay. I hope you're back to stay. Nobody runs invading trolls like you do, but I've been giving it my best shot.

BTW, I totally thought of you while watching the Halloween Night Munsters Marathon.

Doug

In fact, Mentor finished ranked higher in computer points than Glenville 10-0, and 7th ranked team in the country. Glenville played three opponents with 1-9 records and one with an 0-10 record ... pathetic!

Rrrrrright.

Anyhow ... like i said ... Didn't Mentor get waxed by Glenville?

Zombo

--I see Skippy has been sharpening his debating skills.

LOL! I kind of got a charge out of the sick basterd calling himself Robert Jackson. Who gives a rat about Horse Balls when we got upgrades like Stonewall. Zippy good to see you back in action.

- Tom F.

And I am honored that you have welcomed me back with your shortest post of all-time!

Zombo

--No one beer-bonged underwater in the 80's like the Flugs.

Welcome back!

Thanks, and "Woof Woof", Kathy

BTW, there is a rumor about Beanpot, floated by Beanpot, that Beanpot won the Fantasy Baseball League by employing the Naples Seamen strategy of starting like nine different pitchers on the last day when you are like one inning short of the max allowed.

If this is true ... I want royalties.

Unless he passed Rich, or some other Steeler fan, in the process ... then I'm just happy for him.

Zombo

--By the way, that's a hell of a picture for your signature. We have gone high-tech on the Browns board!

Welcome Back old friend...

Maybe you coming back is the spark for this team for the rest of the season.....if nothing else it will certainly liven things up around here.

Romeo must go....

Thanks, Bud. I don't know how much of a "spark" I am. I was out for a mandatory family function thursday night and missed the first half. Got to the Sports Bar and saw the Browns were winning 20-10. Then I started watching...

Today, I got home to see my favorite college team, undefeated Penn St., winning 23-14 in the fourth quarter. Then I started watching...

I also doomed the Rays in the World Series, the Cavs in the playoffs, the USA in the mens 4x4 relay, and my high school's football team was undefeated ... until I noticed.

So ... I may not be a good luck charm, but I know how to comisserate ... so I'll see ya soon in the Tavern...

Zombo

--What ... no Beer Mug smilies? icon_twisted.gif

Zombie! I came back from exile and you were gone...not cool. Just not the same without you. Damn, that sounded gay.

Doug

Hey now! I'll be the judge of what sounds gay around here. So far, all I can tell is that Inspecta and Mr. T are a little too familiar with each other and there are a bunch of mancrushes on Lumbergh.

And anyone who is giddy about the new QB when our defense is giving up a full game's worth of scores each 4th quarter needs to check their manhood.

Nice job with the weekly picks, I'll bring my own style back as well .... it's awesome to see you posting regularily again!

Zombo

Welcome back!

Thanks, and "Woof Woof", Kathy

BTW, there is a rumor about Beanpot, floated by Beanpot, that Beanpot won the Fantasy Baseball League by employing the Naples Seamen strategy of starting like nine different pitchers on the last day when you are like one inning short of the max allowed.

If this is true ... I want royalties.

Unless he passed Rich, or some other Steeler fan, in the process ... then I'm just happy for him.

Zombo

--By the way, that's a hell of a picture for your signature. We have gone high-tech on the Browns board!

That's not a rumor, bitch, that's the truth. And I didn't just pass Rich, I laughed at his crusty old being and persona by not even allowing the prick to join. Oh you should have read the hissy fit put on by the big bikerman. It went from "I'm so going to kick your ass" to "I was knocking on death's door and deserve sympathy!"

The a-hole.

But all's good now and I gladly (GLADLY) hand the baseball commish duties back to the guy who started it all.

Good to have you back, bud.

Beanpot

Guest ATENEARS

UPDATE:

Mentor got man-handled by Strongsville, 17-3. Mike Pagel's boy is S'ville's QB, and pretty good.

Zippy truly is a curse. Mentor had been getting better and better each week, including destroying Willoughby South last week in Round #1 - that's until Zippy came back this morning and jinxed their ass.

How bad of luck does Zippy tow?

Glenville lost a heartbreaker 8-7 to St. Ignatius shortly after the above game and just after Zippy got done pimping them. Yes 8-7, it was 2-0 after a Safety, and 5-0 at the half. Iggy never reached the end zone and won.

Next week when Howie is in-town, we will drag him out to a freezing cold Ohio High School Region 1 Championship Game: St. Ignatius against Strongsville.

(come to think of it, Mentor has only lost a pair of State final games and just a couple of regular season games in recent years ... and Zippy was at one of them.)

Good to have you back, bud.

Beanpot

Good to be back. Can't believe you bullied around a poor old senior citizen like Rich. Ya know, he wins his "money" league every year and poops red, white and blue.

Zombo

--You are winning far too many fantasy titles ... I'll take care of that

Zippy truly is a curse. Mentor had been getting better and better each week, including destroying Willoughby South last week in Round #1 - that's until Zippy came back this morning and jinxed their ass.

So they got waxed again? There's always baseball season, Buttermaker.

Zombo

Welcome back and watch your language. i'm waving to you from Panama City Beach.

Ok ... I think I see you. I was looking the wrong way. I can see Cuba from my house, you know, I may have a big political future.

If it starts raining up there, let me know, I'll send you an umbrella...

Zombo

Archived