THE BROWNS BOARD

The Numbers, tell the story

Mr. T

3 games 12 quarters whatever, the offensive line has given up 11 sacks. that is almost 1 per quarter.

6 interceptions, 3 of those were in the last 2 quarters of play.

22 points from the offense thats only 1 TD pass and 5 FG's (excluded Cribbs return for TD+XP)

We cant score! Not when the QB is laying on the ground.

If something isn't done with the offensive line it wont matter who the QB is. We dont have a QB problem we have an offensive line problem.

Quinn didn't have much pressure from the Ravens and he still struggled throwing the ball.

Frankly, I think to many people remember Quinn to fondly in the first Broncos game, where he was given everything to the TE down the middle. Quinn didn't do much of anything else on the whole with the offense. By the Texans game, he was toast, and played terribly. The broken finger was a cover IMO to get Brady from playing the rest of the season so he wouldn't damage his reputation as a "rising young QB".

Anderson was sacked once on Sunday wasn't he? That's always been the thing about him when I've seen him play - he gets the ball out quickly and doesn't take sacks. The downside is a lot of those go for incompletions or picks (and too many get returned for TDs, unfortunately).

It'll be curius to see if this thread's premise holds up on Sunday.

Who gives a shit either way. We have our film and statistics on Anderson already. Chances are he doesn't magically turn into John Elway.

Who gives a shit either way. We have our film and statistics on Anderson already. Chances are he doesn't magically turn into John Elway.

Probably not, especially with Mangini driving this bus (off the cliff).

Big fear: We spend 5 years trying to coach the guy up because coaches keep falling in love with his arm.

Even bigger fear - draft McCoy, Bradford, or whomever and screw them, too (by then, Mangini will be gone, and the next coach will want his guy).

He doesn't need to be John Elway, just play at a backup QB level. We weren't even getting that from Quinn.

The Andersonites always lose control and think he is some type of answer, even though we know he is not. Anderson may not even start the season all himself.

This is a nasty shakedown this team is going under, that I think we can all agree on.

Even bigger fear - draft McCoy, Bradford, or whomever and screw them, too (by then, Mangini will be gone, and the next coach will want his guy).

I share this same fear.

He doesn't need to be John Elway, just play at a backup QB level. We weren't even getting that from Quinn.

As you're alluding to, I think we all need to admit that we're playing for 2010 at this point. Kind of like extended training camp. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, to paraphrase Jim Lampley, either lying or stupid.

I share this same fear.

As you're alluding to, I think we all need to admit that we're playing for 2010 at this point. Kind of like extended training camp. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, to paraphrase Jim Lampley, either lying or stupid.

The reality is we're probably playing for 2011. I don't see the line improving that much by next season, gotta have that for any real success.

Probably not, especially with Mangini driving this bus (off the cliff).

Big fear: We spend 5 years trying to coach the guy up because coaches keep falling in love with his arm.

Like JaMarcus Russell? Wow Al Davis was impressed that the man could throw a ball 60 yards from on his knees.

To bad he cant hit the side of a barn if he was standing next to it.

Quinn didn't have much pressure from the Ravens and he still struggled throwing the ball.

Frankly, I think to many people remember Quinn to fondly in the first Broncos game, where he was given everything to the TE down the middle. Quinn didn't do much of anything else on the whole with the offense. By the Texans game, he was toast, and played terribly. The broken finger was a cover IMO to get Brady from playing the rest of the season so he wouldn't damage his reputation as a "rising young QB".

The stats don't lie.

9 sacks after 2 games.

Quinn was sacked, on average, 2.66 seconds from the snap. How's that for some time?

You obviously didn't see the pocket continuously collapsing against Baltimore... You know, when he had to run outside the pocket to buy time?

You should try watching the games instead of just looking at the stat lines and assuming you know what your talking about. Besides, it's his first time playing against one of the best defenses in the league. Give him a break.

Jesus.

The stats don't lie.

9 sacks after 2 games.

Quinn was sacked, on average, 2.66 seconds from the snap. How's that for some time?

You obviously didn't see the pocket continuously collapsing against Baltimore... You know, when he had to run outside the pocket to buy time?

You should try watching the games instead of just looking at the stat lines and assuming you know what your talking about. Besides, it's his first time playing against one of the best defenses in the league. Give him a break.

Jesus.

Quinn also gave up 4 of those sacks with bad play. Gotcha. Stats don't lie, sucks for Quinn.

Really? Proof?

I've got all 3 games on the DVR still, and they say otherwise...

Because you think somebody getting sacked is all on the Oline. If you got 3 seconds to throw, you got the average time in the NFL. Go back to the DVR and try again.

The only game Quinn got pressured constantly, was the Broncos game.

Because you think somebody getting sacked is all on the Oline. If you got 3 seconds to throw, you got the average time in the NFL. Go back to the DVR and try again.

The only game Quinn got pressured constantly, was the Broncos game.

On 3 of those 8 sacks he held the ball for over 3 seconds.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/23/which-q...-ball-too-long/

And 3 seconds is the average sack time. It doesn't mean that QB's should only get 3 seconds to throw.

See? I show proof when I talk! It wouldn't hurt you to do that.

Regadless of our lack of talent(which we do have a lack of talent)this regime has failed thusfar to be creative because they somehow failed to realize you cant play smashmouth vanilla football and go head to head if you lack the players to do so and thats what scares me about the little minded big man and his OC..this team can win and win often but not in constant head to head confrontation..mr big bossman with his tiny vanilla football brain likely lacks the creativity to deal with the rabble he inherited which is obviously better then the junk he drafted and traded for and being a super intelligent secret agent man that keeps his starting qbs so well under raps that nobody can guess who it is and being a power monger from being bullied and beaten up as a child he is to up there to ask his players what can we do to win with what we have since he cant figure it out himself..;)

Archived