THE BROWNS BOARD

Jahvid Best RB

beefjerky

We should draft this guy in round 1 next year, I know many of you want a safety Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, but I would much rather first have a running game. Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=238184

The Browns can likely trade down a number of picks when drafting him, which is also a plus since it would obviously help save money with the cap.

If I were GM, 2010 NFL draft:

Rd 1: Jahvid Best

Rd 2: An offensive tackle, or guard

Rd 3: DE

but the VERY last thing the Browns want to do is draft a QB(2nd last thing would be a WR), if Mangini/Kokinis decide to do that, that would only be a shrouding of improving the team, and would only be a decision made to please the average fan. I would lose all faith in that management if they ever decide to do that once the 2010 NFL draft beckons..

build the team around the QB, then get the QB, until then Derek Anderson it is.

I'd be interested in what some of you gurus such as Aloysius think.

You know, I'm getting tired of people keep saying we should draft this or that RB, when we have two on the roster that we don't really know what we have yet.

Jerome keeps doing things in the limited reps he gets, to say he's going to be awesome. Why RAC never played him, I have no idea.

Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.

Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.

I would prefer one of the guys from USC.

And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.

Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.

And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.

nobody cares about jizz rogers.

Hopefully we draft impact Defense players. The defense seems to be the brighter spot. Let us improve it much further.

Cal just got their asses handed to them and Best was completely shut down. Great RB's dont get shut down in college.

Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.

No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.

And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.

yeah, quality is better than quantity. we had about 4 or 5 right tackles going into training camp and look were we are now.

Oh here we go.

RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.

RT

S

LB

RG

CB

QB

RB

DE

Okay, 7th.

Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.

No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.

And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.

Jamal Berry / RT / OLB sounds like a good order to me.

Oh here we go.

RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.

RT

S

LB

RG

CB

QB

RB

DE

Okay, 7th.

QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)

LB (by far our weakest position on our football team. Are you guys tired of missed tackles? God its disgusting.)

RT (I am a fan of getting a decent one in FA and letting them mold together. If you rinse, wash, dry and repeat every other year you will never have a good line.

S (that Berry kid is going to be special so maybe you take him in the 1st round. But we do have bigger needs than SAFETY)

LB (did I already mention how bad we are at LB?)

DE (finding young new guys to take the place of R. Smith and eventually Coleman is a must. But we will not have that luxury seeming that there are alot of needs)

That kid can ball Lumfreddy.

QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)

I have safety listed so high because I want that Berry guy. He is like an extra LB and I think can make an instant impact. But I agree with your list of priorities I have no problem with that order. However, the QB thing got me. I am extremely opposed to drafting a QB.

First off, I just don't have the patience to wait for a guy to sit and learn for 3 years and then come in shit the bed when his turn comes up.

Second, and most importantly, this team is nowhere near good enough to just insert a QB and make our playoff run. And we won't be next year either.

Third, Although I am not overly excited about either of our guys, they will have a year in the system under their belts and can still be developed to be servicable until the team is stable enough for a new QB.

Lastly, I can't stomach another "Holcombe" "Brady" or "DA" revolution when the starter throws his first interception.

I'm all about building a team and then inserting a QB, not the other way around. Look at Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, NY. And then look at Carr, Harrington, Couch, Russel, possibly Stafford, Kansas City. The lists are endless. Building from QB down is a poor formula. Holy Shit, am I really talkig about next year's draft in October? This board has sucked me in! DAMMIT!

Sorry Mop...you officially are lost. lost i say....

QB,RT,S,RB in order and all impct team immediately if chosen correctly!

Not the QB. If your team is aweful and you put in a rookie, you have about a 1/100 chance of him helping. See the above response. You say "if chosen correctly" what you mean is "if you get lucky".

I have safety listed so high because I want that Berry guy. He is like an extra LB and I think can make an instant impact. But I agree with your list of priorities I have no problem with that order. However, the QB thing got me. I am extremely opposed to drafting a QB.

First off, I just don't have the patience to wait for a guy to sit and learn for 3 years and then come in shit the bed when his turn comes up.

Second, and most importantly, this team is nowhere near good enough to just insert a QB and make our playoff run. And we won't be next year either.

Third, Although I am not overly excited about either of our guys, they will have a year in the system under their belts and can still be developed to be servicable until the team is stable enough for a new QB.

Lastly, I can't stomach another "Holcombe" "Brady" or "DA" revolution when the starter throws his first interception.

I'm all about building a team and then inserting a QB, not the other way around. Look at Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, NY. And then look at Carr, Harrington, Couch, Russel, possibly Stafford, Kansas City. The lists are endless. Building from QB down is a poor formula. Holy Shit, am I really talkig about next year's draft in October? This board has sucked me in! DAMMIT!

And thats why I said if your in love with one you have to take him. If not then yes build your team up for sure.

The bottom line is it is very hard to find a FRANCHISE QB. There are not enough P. Mannings out there. When he got drafted the Colts were terrible. Look at them now. Or Matt Ryan. The Falcons were garbage before he got there. And if you feel one is out there you DO NOT pass up on that chance. No way no how. I don't care how bad your team is. Thats like saying Im gonna pass on P.Manning because my team isnt good enough. NO..........

But at the end of the day that is OUR #1 priority.

Hold your horses there shep. We still have to wait and see if the conspiracy theory about this lighting a fire under Quinn's ass is true first!

:ph34r:

I like what I see of McCoy. A running back that might be available in the later rounds is LeGarrette Blount of Oregon. It looks like he will be reinstated from his suspension later this season. He will lead a running game that will dominate the Pac-10 this year. They may end up playing in the Rose Bowl. Before his suspension he was projected to go in the mid first round. Now he may fall to the 2nd round or later. He is 6'2 and 240 lbs. Hew could be the power back the Browns need in the AFC North.

Check out this article on Blount.

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount's season-long suspension for punching an opponent could be lifted if he meets certain conditions, coach Chip Kelly said.

``It's not a football decision, it's a human being decision. It's about that individual,'' Kelly said Friday. ``And he's got a lot of things he's got to do.''

Blount punched Boise State's Byron Hout in the aftermath of Oregon's 19-8 season-opening loss to the Broncos. The suspension banned him from games, but Blount was allowed to remain on scholarship and practice with the team.

Kelly said he set down academic, behavioral and football-related ``ladders'' that Blount must achieve for possible reinstatement, but he did not provide specifics. Academics could not be addressed earlier because classes had not started.

Blount signed an agreement outlining the requirements last week.

Should Blount meet the conditions, the earliest he could return to the team is Oregon's Nov. 7 game at Stanford - and there is no guarantee that he would be allowed back at that time, if at all.

``There's a distinct possibility he'll never play football here again,'' Kelly said. ``But the ball is in LeGarrette's court.''

Blount could not be reached for comment on Friday. Following his suspension, he was told not to speak to the media.

Kelly said he reached out to sociologist Harry Edwards and former NFL coach Tony Dungy before revising the conditions of Blount's suspension.

The university said in a statement that athletic director Mike Bellotti and President Richard Lariviere had been involved in the process. Oregon was also in contact with Pacific-10 Conference commissioner Larry Scott.

Scott was expected to make a statement regarding Kelly's decision later Friday.

Hout was dropped to his knees by Blount's punch following the Ducks' Sept. 3 loss to the Broncos on national television.

Kelly suspended Blount for the rest of the season the next day. Because he is a senior, the suspension effectively ended Blount's college career.

On Thursday, the university newspaper published a letter of apology from Blount. In it, he offered his ``sincerest apologies and heartfelt regrets.''

``On a personal note, I probably will never be able to erase the memories of the post-game events of that day. Given this, I do not expect to be given a second chance to be a positive and responsible member of the football program and of this community,'' Blount said in the letter to the editor. ``Going forward, what I hope for is the opportunity to show that I am able to earn a second chance as a University student. And if I am so fortunate, I believe that I also will demonstrate that I am a better man and a better human being for having lived through this unfortunate experience.''

It was Blount's first public comment since an apology to reporters immediately following the Boise State game.

Blount and Kelly called Boise State coach Chris Petersen and Hout soon after the suspension to apologize. Kelly said Friday that the call was Blount's idea.

There has been support for Blount among some of Oregon's fans. Students at last weekend's 42-3 upset of California at Autzen Stadium were seen wearing ``Free Blount'' T-shirts.

Blount, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound transfer from East Mississippi Community College, rushed for 1,002 yards and a school-record 17 touchdowns last season.

Oregon has won three straight games since the loss to the Broncos. The No. 16 Ducks host Washington State on Saturday.

The Associated Press

View

Not the QB. If your team is aweful and you put in a rookie, you have about a 1/100 chance of him helping. See the above response. You say "if chosen correctly" what you mean is "if you get lucky".

No I don't mean lucky at all... Ryan, Flacco,rothlisberger....stafford(develops by playing), and sanchez.....we absoFKNlutely need a franchise QB!

I like Harrison but think he is not an every down type back. This RB looked very explosive, reminding me of DeAngelo Williams of the carolina panthers but idk how he would fit in our system.

as sad at it is the we are discussing the draft in early October, i like Berry or Mays. I think Berry and wright would be huge! It seems as if Bmac gets picked on all day, with Berry and wright on the outside, and McDonald on the slot or in nickel packages, I think I can actually breath on third and long :P

My favorite Pac-10 RB is Chris Polk out of Washington. He's young, but he is already good...and only getting better.

Archived