THE BROWNS BOARD

DA - Selective Memory

WPB Dawg Fan

DA was asked about his INT's last week...

Anderson came in last week with the Browns already trailing 20-0. He forced a few balls trying to get Cleveland’s offense moving and threw three interceptions. Anderson, who has been wildly inconsistent in the past, was asked if he felt he had nothing to lose.

“We were down 30,” he said with a laugh. “Yeah, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing. If it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing it. I was just trying to bring some energy and try to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. I thought overall it was pretty good.”

30-0? Really DA? Try 20-0 when you tossed your first one...which led to a TD...

His second INT led to ANOTHER TD, to make it 34-3...

Which he then promptly followed up with his 3rd INT.

The fact is, DA came in with a deep hole at 20-0....but that is still a 3 score game. Instead, his first 2 INT's turned it into a major blowout.

But his memory is coming in at 30-0???? To me, that is excuses for his performance instead of owning up to bad decisions.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DA was asked about his INT's last week...

30-0? Really DA? Try 20-0 when you tossed your first one...which led to a TD...

His second INT led to ANOTHER TD, to make it 34-3...

Which he then promptly followed up with his 3rd INT.

The fact is, DA came in with a deep hole at 20-0....but that is still a 3 score game. Instead, his first 2 INT's turned it into a major blowout.

But his memory is coming in at 30-0???? To me, that is excuses for his performance instead of owning up to bad decisions.

Well, why not just fling it around, John? After all, we all KNOW it's impossible to score 20 points in a quarter, and, therefore, impossible to come back from a 20-point deficit.

why not indeed ? Do u have any better ideas knowing the shape of our roster ?

How about mounting a couple of DRIVES....like the decent one that led to a FG. Without his 3 INT's....2 more of those drives and we are in the game. Instead, he blows the game up.

See, the difference between a QB under control and just flinging it....one can come back, the other uses it as an excuse for bad decisions.

come back ? under the Ravens who are currently on fire ? sorry bud, we dont have the roster strength to do that. Esp when we are down 20 and Anderson was inserted to try to win the game. If the coach just wanted a more controlled drive then he would have persisted with BQ.

come back ? under the Ravens who are currently on fire ? sorry bud, we dont have the roster strength to do that. Esp when we are down 20 and Anderson was inserted to try to win the game. If the coach just wanted a more controlled drive then he would have persisted with BQ.

wow...so throwing stupid passes into triple coverage is of course the answer to this...

then I have some question for you....if in fact the ROSTER is the problem...why blame it on BQ? why think it will be any different against the Bengals (just beat the Steelers)? Why not just throw it up in EVERY game until we get lucky???

your logic is defeatist and contradictory. DA was brought in to SPARK the offense...not BLOW UP.

Guest Masters

So wait, on one hand you say it's a game that you can't come back in. Then on the other hand you say Anderson was brought in to try and win the game.

Regardless of the situation, not a single one of those picks or near picks were smart throws in any way, shape, or form. No coach ever wants throws like that. It's not about controlled drive, it's about not turning it over.

wow...so throwing stupid passes into triple coverage is of course the answer to this...

then I have some question for you....if in fact the ROSTER is the problem...why blame it on BQ? why think it will be any different against the Bengals (just beat the Steelers)? Why not just throw it up in EVERY game until we get lucky???

your logic is defeatist and contradictory. DA was brought in to SPARK the offense...not BLOW UP.

Why blame BQ ? - Ask the coach.

And no matter how excited you got about the Bengals defeating Steelers i feel it was a fluke win and they will not be able to repeat that again this year unless the Steelers have more injury problems. The Bengals defense is not as great as the Steelers or Ravens defense and I feel we will do much better against them. If you have a not so great offense playing an average defense does help.

Since you know we will not be scoring touchdowns this sunday and will perhaps lose, I take it you will not be watching the game this sunday ?

So wait, on one hand you say it's a game that you can't come back in. The on the other hand you say Anderson was brought in to try and win the game.

Regardless of the situation, not a single one of those picks or near picks were smart throws in any way, shape, or form. No coach ever wants throws like that. It's not about controlled drive, it's about not turning it over.

Yes, When it is the coach's job on the line, It is he who takes these decisions. Even DA admits they were not smart throws and he needs to improve. What mroe do u expect him to do after the game ? right an apology letter ?

Why blame BQ ? - Ask the coach.

And no matter how excited you got about the Bengals defeating Steelers i feel it was a fluke win and they will not be able to repeat that again this year unless the Steelers have more injury problems. The Bengals defense is not as great as the Steelers or Ravens defense and I feel we will do much better against them. If you have a not so great offense playing an average defense does help.

Since you know we will not be scoring touchdowns this sunday and will perhaps lose, I take it you will not be watching the game this sunday ?

Never said I KNOW we won't be scoring TD's....in fact again, I said I HOPE DA TURNS IT AROUND!!! (try reading the FULL comment) I have also noted on other threads that Cinci has a poor deep pass defense and DA is actually in a good position to light it up this week.

And as for watching the game...I haven't missed a regular season game since 1998....ummm....you get the drift.

Even DA admits they were not smart throws and he needs to improve. What mroe do u expect him to do after the game ? right an apology letter ?

How about not making stupid comments like "we were down 30-0" when he knows darn well it wasn't that far out of reach.

You see, at 30-0, no holds barred is totally acceptable.

At 20-0, those turnovers are unacceptable.

Never said I KNOW we won't be scoring TD's....in fact again, I said I HOPE DA TURNS IT AROUND!!! (try reading the FULL comment) I have also noted on other threads that Cinci has a poor deep pass defense and DA is actually in a good position to light it up this week.

And as for watching the game...I haven't missed a regular season game since 1998....ummm....you get the drift.

So u know things havent been spectacular since 1998 and since 1998 and are hoping for something to turn this ship around. So why take a defeatist attitude on a friday even before the game against the Bengals have been played ? Why start hating DA even before he has played the game ?

So u know things havent been spectacular since 1998 and since 1998 and are hoping for something to turn this ship around. So why take a defeatist attitude on a friday even before the game against the Bengals have been played ? Why start hating DA even before he has played the game ?

WHAT??? I said I HOPE he will turn it around!!! That is not defeatest. I don't get you at all.

How about not making stupid comments like "we were down 30-0" when he knows darn well it wasn't that far out of reach.

You see, at 30-0, no holds barred is totally acceptable.

At 20-0, those turnovers are unacceptable.

Reckless Gun slinging works against some, and against teams like Ravens they are a bad bad idea. When we are down 20 - 0 against a great defense, It is just as bad as being 30 -0. And talking of stupid comments - hey so it was a mistake - not something to crucify a person about.

Guest Masters
Even DA admits they were not smart throws and he needs to improve. What mroe do u expect him to do after the game ? right an apology letter ?

That's the problem, he did but he didn't. I don't need an apology letter, but you'll get a little more faith out of me if you don't say the following:

“Yeah, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing. If it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing it. I was just trying to bring some energy and try to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. I thought overall it was pretty good.”

First Bold - down 7-3 or down 20-0, it never makes those throws okay. So why try and paint them as ok.

Second Bold - How in gods green earth can you call 2 QTRs of play with 3 INT pretty good overall?

First Bold - down 7-3 or down 20-0, it never makes those throws okay. So why try and paint them as ok.

Second Bold - How in gods green earth can you call 2 QTRs of play with 3 INT pretty good overall?

---------------------------------------------------

Again, why crucify a guy for making an optimistic stand while making comments ? It does not change the game results right ?

From the first post i felt that u were crucifying DA more for his comments than the turnovers which he accepted were not acceptable. hence the rebuttal.

DA never said he accepted them as not acceptable. He just admitted they were bad throws. He'd never admit that they are not acceptable because he repeats them all the time.

Guest Masters
Again, why crucify a guy for making an optimistic stand while making comments ? It does not change the game results right ?

What exactly was optomistic about any of those comments from him?

No it doesn't change the results, and it doesn't lead to optimism going to the next game either.

"I was just trying to bring some energy and try to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. I thought overall it was pretty good.”

Making negative statements also has no effect. We can crucify a person for his game but not his comments. (unless he is Kanye West)

why not indeed ? Do u have any better ideas knowing the shape of our roster ?

DA is also doomed to be ineffective because of the 'shape of our roster'? Is that what you are saying?

Which leads us back to 'why switch QBs, then'.

(And my better idea would like John's - sustain some drives, and try to score touchdowns. If you want to spark the team, leading long drives to rest the defense and scoring points will do it. INTs do anything BUT.)

Guest Masters
"I was just trying to bring some energy and try to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. I thought overall it was pretty good.”

Making negative statements also has no effect. We can crucify a person for his game but not his comments. (unless he is Kanye West)

Read the last sentance of that DA quote and maybe you will get what we are talking about.

Yes, When it is the coach's job on the line, It is he who takes these decisions. Even DA admits they were not smart throws and he needs to improve. What mroe do u expect him to do after the game ? right an apology letter ?

I don't believe, for one minute, that EM's job was on the line at the time he made that switch. We've seen how slow Lerner is to make changes, even when things are obviously not going in the right direction.

Pulling Quinn out is what put EM's job on the line in the eyes of the fans and national media. Now he really MIGHT be on the hotseat.

Guest Masters
Horseballs at least throws downfield though.... It could definately be worse though (i.e. Lettings horsenutts THROW DOWNFIELD..)...

Im starting Cedric Benson and Caldwell in F football this week. It sucks because I felt bad when AP was destroying us and i lost my game 2 weeks ago because my opponent had CORREL BUCKHALTER who made look like an all pro. Whoever we face, their RB is Walter Payton for a day.

It's sad.

I have Palmer, Chris Henry, and the Cincy D going this week. Sad :(

Guest ATENEARS
what did you just bring???

A sense of reality?

Down 20-0, with one garbage time TD in the past ten game (? i lost count), and you are gonna bitch that the QB threw down field in an attempt to try to make something ... something ... anything happen?

Dude, I tore my arm off and beat my legs with it over watching Brady Fag throw short of the sticks on third-and-whatever as those 20-points mounted against us ... that was the shit to bitch about and create a thread on, not the guy trying to do something .... anything regardless of padding his own stats (which are still better than ole boring #10, btw)!

A sense of reality?

Down 20-0, with one garbage time TD in the past ten game (? i lost count), and you are gonna bitch that the QB threw down field in an attempt to try to make something ... something ... anything happen?

Dude, I tore my arm off and beat my legs with it over watching Brady Fag throw short of the sticks on third-and-whatever as those 20-points mounted against us ... that was the shit to bitch about and create a thread on, not the guy trying to do something .... anything regardless of padding his own stats (which are still better than ole boring #10, btw)!

might want to check the other thread...about the last 10 quarters each....big guy. DA hasn't done jack with this offense except throw INT's in the past 11 quarters.

might want to check the other thread...about the last 10 quarters each....big guy. DA hasn't done jack with this offense except throw INT's in the past 11 quarters.

You forget WPB...Stan and his band of DAHoles get excited over long INTs...its what attracts them to the Browns in the first place. <_<

A sense of reality?

What's funny is that DA came out and threw the same short passes. He came out and got ran out of the pocket as well.

Then, he came out throwing it into triple coverage.

He wasn't trying to make anything happen except give the ball to the other team.

Archived