THE BROWNS BOARD

DA - Selective Memory

WPB Dawg Fan

First Bold - down 7-3 or down 20-0, it never makes those throws okay. So why try and paint them as ok.

Second Bold - How in gods green earth can you call 2 QTRs of play with 3 INT pretty good overall?

---------------------------------------------------

Again, why crucify a guy for making an optimistic stand while making comments ? It does not change the game results right ?

Why defend a fvcktard?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was already a major blowout.

That's why the golden boy got yanked for the 2nd time in his last 4 starts.

do a search for 20-0 comebacks in the NFL...you will find there are a surprising number of them including several in the playoffs (ie good teams)....and if you are trying to say that DA is good...he should be able to at least make an effort instead of playing catch with the Ravens.

Guest ATENEARS
do a search for 20-0 comebacks in the NFL...you will find there are a surprising number of them including several in the playoffs (ie good teams)....and if you are trying to say that DA is good...he should be able to at least make an effort instead of playing catch with the Ravens.

You know John, you can talk about the picks all you want as the reason why we did not come back from a 20-0 score. I'll even allow you to blame DA for this loss, he should be good enough to over-come an aging Raven Defense. Although, let's just add in a footnote that our own Defense gave up a 34-yrd run by MaCahee in the 3rd qtr., then in he fourth our secondary gave up a Flacco-to-Mason 72-yarder, a Flacco-to-Washington 34-yarder, and another 20-yard measure to Clayton.

DA didn't get the job done, with his deepest completion (besides to the opposition) was only a 22yrder to Furrey, 18 to Edwards, 13 to Massaquoi, an 11-yrder to Edwards an 11-yrder to Harrison

In the first half, Harrison had an impressive 17yrd run.

Oh .... and Quinn contributed a 12yrd connection with Harrison in the first half as well.

DA, clearly didn't do enough to get it done though, and that is the bottomline.

Guest ATENEARS
Enough of this garbage already,

Stan you started this and have run it into the ground.

I went round and round with Zombo yesterday about DA being put back on the field.

Major step backwards for the team,Quinn had a shot, not much of one but had a shot move forward not backward.

DA is a joke and brings nothing to the dance however on this board its become fun to Stan and Zombo to bust balls and side with Lums because controversy is good for the board,douchy but effective these feuds have gone on since camp.

Nobody can even focus on any other aspect of the team because Stan is fanning the flames and laughing his ass off while the feud goes on and on and on,thumbs up for the ball busting

Real thumbs down for the angst and trouble this is causing,but your dog threads make up for it.

Stan and Z really need to put down the magnifying glasses and get away from the ant hill and throw lums down the well while your at it,its tired and it gets ugly to fast.

I was always around this off-season huh?

Maybe I stumbled back to the board to find that frizzy haired girl that sat in front of me in Spanish class my Junior year ... maybe she, once again, was too easy to tease and jar a reaction out of.

My bad .... carry on

Quinn had a shot, not much of one but had a shot move forward not backward.

With all due respect, I haven't seen anything--not one single play--that supports this statement.

I want a competitive team as much as the next fan. I want to see a QB have SOME sort of success here. And I understand we've all seen Anderson and can debate his successes and failures ad nauseum.

BUT...there is absolutely NOTHING to debate about Quinn's performance thus far this year. There is absolutely nothing--not even a single glimpse-- suggesting he can move ANYTHING forward. Figuratively and literally. Quinn has been absolutely impotent on that field this year.

I wish I could point to at least a handful of plays that Quinn has made this year that provide hope. I honestly can't.

Hate on DA all you want. He IS dangerous with the ball; you just don't know WHO'S gonna grab it. But based on the alternative (at least over the 10 quarters) I don't see how anyone can objectively NOT understand the decision to put DA out there this weekend...warts and all. To say the alternative has been abysmal is an understatement. Granted, this TEAM is awful...but this has honestly been some of the worst QBing I have ever seen. And I, too, don't understand the regression to what appears to be high school status.

And I also understand what this decision seems to indicate for our team this year as fans: very little hope for progressing. And I share the frustration. I just don't think we have any good options right now.

Guest Masters
but this has honestly been some of the worst QBing I have ever seen.

I'd argue it is right on par w/ the QBing through the first 3 games last season.

IMO DA probably (most definitely) knew the score. the "30-0" comment wasn't literal, he was just making a point about coming back from a 20 point deficit against the Ravens defense.

and a whole thread about it. c'mon guys. put your microscopes and dissecting tools away for a couple minutes.

i recommend getting a 2nd hobby going while the Browns suck continues to haunt your dreams. it's good for the soul.

With all due respect, I haven't seen anything--not one single play--that supports this statement.

I want a competitive team as much as the next fan. I want to see a QB have SOME sort of success here. And I understand we've all seen Anderson and can debate his successes and failures ad nauseum.

BUT...there is absolutely NOTHING to debate about Quinn's performance thus far this year. There is absolutely nothing--not even a single glimpse-- suggesting he can move ANYTHING forward. Figuratively and literally. Quinn has been absolutely impotent on that field this year.

The same can be said of Anderson. What has Anderson shown this year that he can move the team forward? If you're going to discount past performances from Quinn, then you should be ignoring DAs past performance as well.

Do you think 3 INTs in 2 quarters of play is 'showing something'?

Guest ATENEARS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danamal For This Useful Post:

AdaM, JADBF, lemosley01, Masters ...

It's so funny watching Brady Nation fags line up to give Thanks to one another no matter how faggy the post is.

Does anyone else picture the Alltel Wireless geeks?

mock2.jpg

Guest Masters
I wouldn't, but we all have different opinions. I guess there are "different" kinds of bad. ;) Unfortunately, we get to see both kinds in one position on this team!

Last years first 3 games of QB play:

Week 1 11/24 114 yards 4.8 YPA 18 longest 0 INT 1 TD 1 sack 2 fumbles 0 FUM lost 74QBR - CLE loses 28-10

Week 2 18/32 166 yards 5.2 YPA 23 longest 2 INT 0 TD 2 sacks 44.5 QBR - CLE loses 10-6

Week 3 14/37 125 yards 3.4 YPA 19 longest 3 INT 1 TD 4 sacks 1 fumble 0 FUM lost 22.9QBR - CLE loses 28-10

This years first 3 games of QB play:

Week 1 21/35 205 yards 5.9 YPA 26 longest 1 INT 1 TD 5 sacks 1 fumble 1 fum lost 74QBR - CLE loses 34-20

Week 2 18/31 161 yards 5.2 YPA 24 longest 1 INT 0 TD 4 sacks 1 fumble 1 fum lost 58.7QBR - CLE loses 27-6

Week 3 6/8 34 yards 4.3 YPA 12 longest 1 INT 0 TD 1 sack 42.7QBR

11/19 92 yards 4.8 YPA 22 longest 3 INT 0 TD 1 sack 30.9 QBR - CLE loses 34-3

It might be a bit of different bad, but not by much. It's still just ugly no matter how any of us try to slice it.

Guest ATENEARS
The same can be said of Anderson. What has Anderson shown this year that he can move the team forward? If you're going to discount past performances from Quinn, then you should be ignoring DAs past performance as well.

Do you think 3 INTs in 2 quarters of play is 'showing something'?

Right now, I think everyone is just settling for moving the chains.

Quinn was o'fer on third down attempts Sunday, tossing an Interception of his own on his first 3rd down attempt, just as DA did. But taking a sack on the next, throwing a pass 10?15?20? yards out-of-bounds to Cribbs on the next 3rd down attempt before throwing a pass short of the line of scrimmage on 3rd-and-7 that came up short after Furrey covered at least 8 yards on the run after the catch (two just to get to the LOS), was pretty pathetic.

Anderson at least converted three consecutive 3rd down attempts a 3rd-n-16 (22yrds), a 3rd-n-5 (8yrds), and a 3rd-n-4 (11yrds), before being stopped on 3rd-n-Goal.

That's why he got the nod this week ... it didn't take much, just as it didn't take Quinn much to win the job by default initially.

It might be a bit of different bad, but not by much. It's still just ugly no matter how any of us try to slice it.

stats this year are deceiving since they've gone no huddle shotgun vs prevent defenses where the offense has gotten most of their yards.

Last year the team had more bite but was tripped up by mistakes.

case in point, vs Dallas Braylon dropped a 50 yd bomb running down the middle of the field by himself.

This year the team simply can't move the ball at all.

Guest ATENEARS
Did I hit a nerve?

Hows it feel?

Stop treating your members like idiots,isnt being a Browns fan at this moment torture enough?

Actually it's amusing. You, Masters, .mz the pussy and Lemosley have combined on 140 posts today ... but blame others for "running it into the ground" ... sigh

Oh, that must mean that Adam has given out close to 200 'THANKS' ... and I think he's that guy that stole that little kids milk shake.

Guest Masters
stats this year are deceiving since they've gone no huddle shotgun vs prevent defenses where the offense has gotten most of their yards.

Last year the team had more bite but was tripped up by mistakes.

case in point, vs Dallas Braylon dropped a 50 yd bomb running down the middle of the field by himself.

This year the team simply can't move the ball at all.

And last year the team had 2 legit weapons on O compared to 1 this year.

You can try to paint it how you want, and obviously there are some varying factors. But none of those make the play last year or this year at the QB position any better. Bad is bad, no matter how you slice it.

Oh, and there have been dropped passes this year too. So let's leave that excuse alone unless you want to go both ways with it (and I know you don't).

You know John, you can talk about the picks all you want as the reason why we did not come back from a 20-0 score. I'll even allow you to blame DA for this loss,

his is where you LOSE me. I am not BLAMING DA for the loss...I am just saying his PERFORMANCE was not in any way something to be tooting YOUR or LUM's horn over...and it is also interesting that he put a spin of 10 points on the deficit.

I don't know a single player at any level that should be on the field that doesn't know EXACTLY what the score was when they either entered or left the game....so that means DA was either trying to DEFLECT...or is just plain NOT PAYING ATTENTION

Guest ATENEARS
his is where you LOSE me. I am not BLAMING DA for the loss...I am just saying his PERFORMANCE was not in any way something to be tooting YOUR or LUM's horn over...and it is also interesting that he put a spin of 10 points on the deficit.

I don't know a single player at any level that should be on the field that doesn't know EXACTLY what the score was when they either entered or left the game....so that means DA was either trying to DEFLECT...or is just plain NOT PAYING ATTENTION

You got me there ... when coming into the game, you should always know whether Brady Quinn has you down 20-0 or 30-0.

I'd start Brady Quinn this weekend, this 10-point fudging is grounds for him to receive a default start again.

Dude, who are you kidding? Then Bengals D is SICK!

There gonna be right up there with the top defenses in the league, they were ranked 11th last year.

And this year they brought in a new SS and drafted Rey Maualuga (Who is playing very well btw, already has a sack and 2 FORCED FUMBLES)

I said cincy's D was gonna be sick this year since the draft.

Were in for a helluva game, you guys are definitely underestimating cincy's D.

Dont forget their explosive offense either with the Chad Ochocinco/Carson Palmer connection back on

DA is gonna F this one up

You got me there ... when coming into the game, you should always know whether Brady Quinn has you down 20-0 or 30-0.

I'd start Brady Quinn this weekend, this 10-point fudging is grounds for him to receive a default start again.

Personally, I don't think starting DA is a bad idea at all. I have said this many times. Quinn was struggling, and if anything getting worse. So, if the 2 are that close, put DA in. Maybe he can jump start the Browns...and his career all at the same time.

Besides which, I continue to point out that the Bengals are susceptible to the long ball. They have given up 13 passes of 20 or more, and 3 of over 40. In other words, DA has his type of matchup. If DA can bring it...let him keep it.

However, pointing at anything DA has done recently as any kind of reason to put him in (other than not being BQ), is ludicrous and anyone touting it as anything other than a desperate move to get in the win column is blind.

Right now, I think everyone is just settling for moving the chains.

Quinn was o'fer on third down attempts Sunday, tossing an Interception of his own on his first 3rd down attempt, just as DA did. But taking a sack on the next, throwing a pass 10?15?20? yards out-of-bounds to Cribbs on the next 3rd down attempt before throwing a pass short of the line of scrimmage on 3rd-and-7 that came up short after Furrey covered at least 8 yards on the run after the catch (two just to get to the LOS), was pretty pathetic.

Anderson at least converted three consecutive 3rd down attempts a 3rd-n-16 (22yrds), a 3rd-n-5 (8yrds), and a 3rd-n-4 (11yrds), before being stopped on 3rd-n-Goal.

That's why he got the nod this week ... it didn't take much, just as it didn't take Quinn much to win the job by default initially.

and, on 3rd down when has Anderson EVER relied on yards after the catch from a receiver to get him the first down? there may have been a time or two if the play called for it or if the defense was giving that scenario to him but right now i can't recall any.

he has the arm strength and confidence to dent the receivers chests in with the ball. he also knows when it's thrown that hard chances are the defense drops it anyway. you do that enough times you have to be aware a little mustard makes the ball pretty slippy, and he's probably seen it dropped many a time. i don't necessary like my QB to take those risks but it's certainly nice for him to have that ability if the rewards outweigh the risks. it worked all year in 2007...when we had K2's soft hands, Joe's sure hands (did he ever drop ANY?) and BE was also doing his part plucking them from the air.

Dude, who are you kidding? Then Bengals D is SICK!

There gonna be right up there with the top defenses in the league, they were ranked 11th last year.

And this year they brought in a new SS and drafted Rey Maualuga (Who is playing very well btw, already has a sack and 2 FORCED FUMBLES)

I said cincy's D was gonna be sick this year since the draft.

Were in for a helluva game, you guys are definitely underestimating cincy's D.

Dont forget their explosive offense either with the Chad Ochocinco/Carson Palmer connection back on

DA is gonna F this one up

Really? They're sick?

Try 19th overall vs the pass (Browns are 16th). Try a 92.2 QBR against them. Try 13 passes of over 20 yards, 3 over 40, and only 1 INT in 3 games.

Yup, SICK. Like on life support.

and, on 3rd down when has Anderson EVER relied on yards after the catch from a receiver to get him the first down? there may have been a time or two if the play called for it or if the defense was giving that scenario to him but right now i can't recall any.

he has the arm strength and confidence to dent the receivers chests in with the ball. he also knows when it's thrown that hard chances are the defense drops it anyway. you do that enough times you have to be aware a little mustard makes the ball pretty slippy, and he's probably seen it dropped many a time. i don't necessary like my QB to take those risks but it's certainly nice for him to have that ability if the rewards outweigh the risks. it worked all year in 2007...when we had K2's soft hands, Joe's sure hands (did he ever drop ANY?) and BE was also doing his part plucking them from the air.

In other words...you are blaming everyone but DA? Come on. He has a great arm, poor accuracy short, decent accuracy long, and a tendency to force it into too tight situations.

If he can clean up the forcing issue, I can live with the rest. He may even become good. But relying on a fastball gets you beat in baseball AND football. Eventually everyone figures it out.

Actually it's amusing. You, Masters, .mz the pussy and Lemosley have combined on 140 posts today ... but blame others for "running it into the ground" ... sigh

Oh, that must mean that Adam has given out close to 200 'THANKS' ... and I think he's that guy that stole that little kids milk shake.

I've only doled out about 8-10 so far today c'mon now

Guest ATENEARS
However, pointing at anything DA has done recently as any kind of reason to put him in (other than not being BQ), is ludicrous and anyone touting it as anything other than a desperate move to get in the win column is blind.

The fact that we even have to point to one QB converting 3-of-8 third downs to win the job over the other who converted 0-4 third downs is pathetic enough. If you read those as strong endorsements, check the QB you back at the door.

is it just me or do stats/analytical guys just seem incapable of giving people the benefit of the doubt?

seriously WPB. you're certainly not the only one and i don't mean to single you out but there is a definite theme there. :lol:

That is xxxxing awesome. You are blaming members for *gasp* posting.

Why don't you just xxxxing shut the board down, douchebag.

Archived