THE BROWNS BOARD

OT: Anybody watching Packers/Vikes?

chumpchange

Guest ATENEARS
I think Favre's bound and determined to get that "First man to beat all 32 teams" record.

3 TDs as of the start of the 3rd quarter.

The guy is incredible ... what a freaking "gun-slinger".

Did you see those shots of him in practice from years past? He was slinging balls about 70 yards down field, right on the money.

The guy is incredible ... what a freaking "gun-slinger".

Did you see those shots of him in practice from years past? He was slinging balls about 70 yards down field, right on the money.

I never understood what everybody's damage was about his waffling on whether to 'un-retire'. Remember how villified he was over the summer? What was the big deal? He's a great player; wanted to play; a team wanted him; he accepted.

I was happy about the return. Great gunslinger and entertaining as hell to watch.

He's playing better at 40 than he has in several years past.

Not sure about that: through four games last year, Favre had completed over 70% of his passes for close to 1,000 yards and 12 TD's. Then his body broke down.

But as a couple people have already noted, Favre's chances of success in Minnesota are better because he's so familiar with the system and isn't being asked to do as much. That could help keep him steady, although it may prevent him from amassing great stats.

The 500th touchdown pass may have to wait until next year.

Not sure about that: through four games last year, Favre had completed over 70% of his passes for close to 1,000 yards and 12 TD's. Then his body broke down.

But as a couple people have already noted, Favre's chances of success in Minnesota are better because he's so familiar with the system and isn't being asked to do as much. That could help keep him steady, although it may prevent him from amassing great stats.

The 500th touchdown pass may have to wait until next year.

Will the number of times he retires break 500 by then?

Guest TheJokersWILD

Not that anybody pays attention to what I say but I have already said the Vikings will go to the Super Bowl this year. They can do it all, they stop the run, the can run the ball with the best back in the league, and now they have a legend a QB that can stretch the field. If the Vikings don't make it to the Super Bowl, they will get awful damn close because they have everything you need to make it. But I think they do.

Guest ATENEARS

Was kind of ironic to see Petterson have the ball stripped from him and returned for a TD, aka Harrison's fumble-6.

Was even more ironic to see Clay Matthews Jr being the one who stripped it and returned it for 6.

I'd kill to have A.J. Hawk and Clay Matthews Jr as our LB's.

How many times was Jared Allen's name called when we played them? He was handled by Joe Thomas.

On a side note, I think it is stupid to have a replay system, make a successful challenge, and then have no more challenges. You win, you keep the TO and the challenge. Makes no sense.

Not that anybody pays attention to what I say but I have already said the Vikings will go to the Super Bowl this year. They can do it all, they stop the run, the can run the ball with the best back in the league, and now they have a legend a QB that can stretch the field. If the Vikings don't make it to the Super Bowl, they will get awful damn close because they have everything you need to make it. But I think they do.

That's a very good take. I was high on the Bears going into the season, Cutler + bears Defense + Matt Forte I thought = Division, but with Urlacher down and Forte hitting a slump, I think you've got the right call on the division winner. Not sure about them Vs the Eagles, the Giants, or the Saints, it will probably come down to home field advantage, but they do have one heck of a package.

I think Favre's bound and determined to get that "First man to beat all 32 teams" record.

3 TDs as of the start of the 3rd quarter.

Give me the 8 seconds to throw, I could hit those recievers too. Did the Packers suddenly inherit the browns pass rush from the past decade? Favre does look good, but with all that time to throw...how could he not.. Funny thought... DA would still be throwing into double coverage

I think Favre is playing so great because he's finally on a team that he doesn't need to shoulder all by himself.

I think that's the key, too. It seems if the other team shuts down the passing game, then Peterson carries the load.

Tonight, Green Bay shut down Peterson, so Favre picks up the slack with a huge performace.

Good, complete offense.

Guest TheJokersWILD
That's a very good take. I was high on the Bears going into the season, Cutler + bears Defense + Matt Forte I thought = Division, but with Urlacher down and Forte hitting a slump, I think you've got the right call on the division winner. Not sure about them Vs the Eagles, the Giants, or the Saints, it will probably come down to home field advantage, but they do have one heck of a package.

I agree, that's almost like saying the Ravens will make the SuperBowl without Ray Lewis, I just don't see it happening for Chicago this year. Cutler also doesn't have any proven WR's to throw to. They always say that if you want to make it to the Super Bowl that you have to run the ball and stop the run and they(Vikings) can definitly do that and Brett Favre is the icing on the cake. Another thing to note is that Favre's recievers looked good tonight.

I agree, that's almost like saying the Ravens will make the SuperBowl without Ray Lewis, I just don't see it happening for Chicago this year. Cutler also doesn't have any proven WR's to throw to. They always say that if you want to make it to the Super Bowl that you have to run the ball and stop the run and they(Vikings) can definitly do that and Brett Favre is the icing on the cake. Another thing to note is that Favre's recievers looked good tonight.

I think we have to wait and see with the Vikes until around week 12 with the Favre experiment. I still like the G-men in the NFC.

Archived