THE BROWNS BOARD

Buffalo game this week is HUGE for Derek

.mz

This is where this season, and Anderson's future with this franchise, hits that proverbial fork in the road IMO. I don't see us going anywhere this year but we can start making things competitive ala the Bengals game. Very winnable game against a banged-up, poorly coached team. I don't really see much getting in between DA and a good-to-very-good outing besides, well, himself. But I am encouraged after this past Sunday.

I'm actually expecting good things this Sunday.

Buffalo is really banged up on the offensive line so the game plan needs to be bringing the house.

I think this game should be less about Anderson and more about the Browns and their growth as a team. I don't care if DA hands the ball off 50 times if we win. I want to see the play calling evolve and better execution. I want to see a disciplined defense against the run and an attacking defense on pass plays. I love what Ryan did mixing up personnel and formations against Cincy. That alone should keep Buffalo busy preparing this week.

They need to taylor more of the offense to Anderson's strengths. Pass first then let the passing game establish the running game. I want to see better then run on first, run on second and then be 3rd and long. I want to see Harrison used better. Don't keep pounding him up the middle for the sake of trying to establis a running game.

And, what I want to see from Anderson is good decision making. Don't force the ball downfield, take what the defense gives you. If they are playing 8 in the box then throw deep. If they are playing a cover two then run some draws and sweeps. Anderson and WRs/TEs need to be on the same page with their hot reads.

And, use Cribbs....................................

This is where this season, and Anderson's future with this franchise, hits that proverbial fork in the road IMO. I don't see us going anywhere this year but we can start making things competitive ala the Bengals game. Very winnable game against a banged-up, poorly coached team. I don't really see much getting in between DA and a good-to-very-good outing besides, well, himself. But I am encouraged after this past Sunday.

I'm actually expecting good things this Sunday.

nice post, kind of along the lines of WPB.

WPB typically posts that he fully expects Anderson to tear opponents a new one by pointing out that the opponent sucks balls. This way even in a close win he is prepared to tear DA down.

On the flip side, WPB typically posts that Quinn has outrageously difficult tasks in each game and that he would be satisfied with a poor performance because of the excellence of the opponent. This helps him give Quinn unlimited free passes.

So I see what your getting at here. But the key to this game is the same as any other. The Browns are a road dog, so it's not gonna be easy, but I have no doubt the Browns can win if they play like they did last Sunday (and it'll help if Trent Edwards continues to make mistakes like he did last time the Browns were there)

I think this game is taylor made for DA to do well. I wouldn't expect any of the mistakes we've seen before. 11-5 here we come baby!

i agree with JADBF. DA will be riding a wave of confidence going into this game. Also, it will be helpful for him to be playing in front of a non-hostile crowd.

Agree a big game.

DA tends to look all-world a few times/year and below average otherwise. I'm looking for a good consistent game, not unlike last week. I really like the way he threw it to MoMass even though he looked covered. It allowed Mo to prove he's a go-up-and-get-it receiver.

BUT, even if he looks terrible, his start last week bought him a few weeks - which is what Quinn couldn't do - show a glimmer of hope.

Guest ATENEARS
He's never had back to back good games so this week should be telling.

I really wish these one-line posts were put up with some substance, but never-the-less;

I know you guys like to ignore 2007, so I won't even mention that in weeks 6-&-7 of 2007, DA had back-to-back 72% Completion games which included 6-TD's and 0-INTs ... don't worry about thoses stats though, we were playing the Washington Generals every game.

Last season (2008) in weeks 4-&-5, DA completed 33-of-53 passes (62%) for 448 yards, 3-TD's and 1-INT ... we outscored the Washington Bengals and the Washinton Giants 55-26 in those rare wins.

But carry-on ... Masters will be along soon to click your Thanks button.

Hey wait ... I'm on to something; weeks 4 .. 5... 6 & 7 ... this is DA time!

Guest ATENEARS
Its a damn shame when you put the owner of this board on ignore,but then again its funny as well.

I wont play the game Stan,nice try though.

TRANSLATION: It's not really funny to have to put the owner of this site on ignore, but I can't find another Browns Forum that makes my heart pitter-patter like this one.

This is a huge week for DA and for the defense.

We need something for guys to rally around or the season really could get ugly (-er) fast. A win here buys us some time to regroup and a good outing by DA silences all QB talk once and for all (God willing).

A mediocre to bad outing by DA coupled with another defensive lapse could really put us on the fast track to Detroitesque badness.

Should be worth watching just to see how they rebound from last week.

The only way Derek (or any browns qb for that matter) impresses me is by beating the steelers. Who gives a xxxx about Buffalo

I simply don't understand those of you who feel this way. A win is a win.

This line of thinking is BEYOND Retarded.

I simply don't understand those of you who feel this way. A win is a win.

This line of thinking is BEYOND Retarded.

I'm not saying a win this week doesn't matter cause it does and it would obviously make us happy. However I refuse to lower my standards so much that I get excited over a meaningless victory against a subpar team that I honestly expect us to beat.

I'm not saying a win this week doesn't matter cause it does and it would obviously make us happy. However I refuse to lower my standards so much that I get excited over a meaningless victory against a subpar team that I honestly expect us to beat.

That's not even close to what you said, and that isn't the first time I've read shit like that around here. You said

The only way Derek (or any browns qb for that matter) impresses me is by beating the steelers. Who gives a xxxx about Buffalo

Guest ATENEARS
Not the Washington general's but...

Week 6 was Miami who finished 1-15 lol.

Week 7 was a BYE.

Week8 was St. Louis who went 3-13.

The game against Cincy, Anderception threw the ball 24 times, had 1TD and 1INT, I bet if he got to 20 attempts he would of had another pick. Palmer did't play that game. It was Fitzpatrick who threw 3 picks. Your defense gets you 3 turnover's and you only score 20 points?!

You will like this too...

"Anderson threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Braylon Edwards that put the Browns (1-3) ahead to stay in the fourth quarter, his best play on an afternoon that had few of them. Even that moment came with an asterisk: A Bengals penalty wiped out a potential interception on the drive."

The Giants game is Anderceptions best game ever. One he has been unable to duplicate.

See Golfer ... these guys are learning.

EDIT:

Truth is, that the games were all Wins, and back-to-back. You can discount the opponents all you want, but take a look at the video below and the passes specifically in the Miami & St. Louis games. Oooks like "good play" to me.

Guest ATENEARS
Which is exactly why I don't understand how a loss against Cincinnati solidifies him as the full time starter for the rest of the season, or in to next season.

Truth is, that the game was a loss. Count his last start and it's back-to-back.

Hey, you're the one that made the statement about him having a bad game Sunday because he can't string together two good ones ...

I was just playing off your words here, which you obviously thought this past Sunday was a good game for DA.

He's never had back to back good games so this week should be telling.

Not to worry...if he has a good game this week..that would be ONE.(1).. So he has to have good game this week and then again at Pittsburgh

Unless you call losing to the Bungholes with a .54% completion a good game.

Good game or not---Win or not.....

You'll see the same crap posted going one way or the other and the only constant will be a no show in the playoffs this year.

If we can't beat Buff., then a clearing house should be planned. Buffalo sucks as bad as they did last year.

I predicted 40 + throws last week, same thing this week with 15 screens minimum.

Could be the difference.

Agree a big game.

DA tends to look all-world a few times/year and below average otherwise. I'm looking for a good consistent game, not unlike last week. I really like the way he threw it to MoMass even though he looked covered. It allowed Mo to prove he's a go-up-and-get-it receiver.

BUT, even if he looks terrible, his start last week bought him a few weeks - which is what Quinn couldn't do - show a glimmer of hope.

Actually the passes MoMass the only person who could have gotten those balls were MoMass. It would have been caught incomplete nothing more.

This thread is reminding me of Masters' "Lewis Black Candycorn" thread. DA played well Sunday and suddenly everyone has Alzheimers. Hey a QB who has a nice arm...let's see what he can do. SON OF A BITCH!

Don't get me wrong, I hope DA tears it up next week and the rest of the season for that matter...but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived