THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Harrison our new starter?

Koa

I hope Lewis is back. We NEED a stronger back to share time with Harrison. I like him, but J. Lew is a huge part of us being able to run this year.

Well, Chris Jennings is stronger than Harrison and younger than Lewis.

And Vickers is stronger than both. Harrison, Vickers, and Cribbs is the only 3 we should let run the ball.

Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.

I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.

Still don't understand how Harrison isn't a feature back. 2000 yards in a season tells me he can be a feature back, then watching him play confirms it.

Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.

Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?

Doesn't have the power. Hit him, watch him fall. The Browns OL beat the Cincy DL mostly during the game, games that are more neutral are the games that make feature backs. He simply isn't that guy.

Do you see the Browns running all over the Steelers or Ravens with this motley crue?

I call total bullshit.

Lewis is guaranteed to do virtually nothing against Pitt or Balt. There will be no holes and he'll simply disappear into the middle of the line tippy toeing away. Not a rocket science. Harrison gives the ability to turn nothing into something by making cuts and using speed. Also, this is turned into perceived fact that Harrison can't run hard on the inside. Do you guys watch the games? Harrison moved the pile a few times, and being there with club seats I could really tell the difference.

He stays low, chops his powerful legs and hits holes before they close. I never cease to be amazed by folks assuming shorter backs can't kick ass in the NFL because it has been done for fooking years. Shall we start listing them? Let's start with a guy by the name of Greg Pruitt.

Now whether he can stay healthy all year is another thing entirely, but we won't find out until he gets a chance. Spell him with Jennings, they like him too.

I may be a 'tard for asking this but, is Jerome related to James Harrison? I googled both players but I didn't find anything about them being related

harrison.jpg

Anybody else see the similarities?

No, they are not related. James Harrison is a Roid Monkey born on the Planet Pittspuke.

At least he is not living in the Akron area anymore, we have much less trafficking in juice now.

Guest TheJokersWILD
No, they are not related. James Harrison is a Roid Monkey born on the Planet Pittspuke.

At least he is not living in the Akron area anymore, we have much less trafficking in juice now.

I noticed it during the game, I thought he did when he had his helmet on. Just curious that's all.

Guest ATENEARS

Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.

Long way to go. We don't need 4-6 games out of him, we need 10-14.

Let's leave Vickers to do what he does best: block.

I completely agree with Cribbs though. Put him in the backfield already. We already know he runs with authority.

Naaa.... Vickers has hands and runs well. Let him crack a few helmets.

He went to the ProBowl the same year superhero went, if that means anything.

Let's all hold-tight on crowning Harrison. His biggest task right now is staying healthy and recovering to play every seven days. it's been awhile since he's taken a real beating in a football game, I hope Jmal Lewis comes back by next week to spell him some then get the Bye week a week so later and pace himself through the season.

He did it in college without any problems so we will see.

Good backs get stronger and more in tuned too. Nothing wrong with splitting carries, he just should get the bulk of them.

Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan. ;)

Naaa.... Vickers has hands and runs well. Let him crack a few helmets.

He went to the ProBowl the same year superhero went, if that means anything.

Vickers should be utilized more he's a good player with a a ton of athletic ability.

Guest ATENEARS
Yeah we'd hate to evaluate a guy too soon. Come on Stan. ;)

I didn't question the guys skill, he freaking stepped-up when he got his opportunity. I'm cautioning his ability to take an NFL beating for 13 straight games as the featured back. I hope he gets spelled some by a productive Lewis in a few weeks, so he's fresh and learns to finish a season strong.

I didn't question the guys skill, he freaking stepped-up when he got his opportunity. I'm cautioning his ability to take an NFL beating for 13 straight games as the featured back. I hope he gets spelled some by a productive Lewis in a few weeks, so he's fresh and learns to finish a season strong.

Yeah, and I was just breaking your balls. I think he can (has) shake the rust of sitting for RAC for 3 years and be the guy for a couple of years.

He's a good back and could definitely be spelled by Davis/Lewis (when healthy) and even Vickers.

Harrison our starter?

He. Effin. Better. Be.

I've always wanted to see more of this guy play. I have been waiting for years. Now that he has I am pumped. He played great.

Harrison is only 5-9 and around 200 pounds. Everyone who wants to talk against him always brings that up. But I didnt see either of those things matter against the Bengals.

Bring on more Harrison.

One thing fer certain, we're never going to to see if Harrison can take an NFL pounding week in and week out until we give the kid a chance.

Give this Lewis thing a rest. He's over the hill. Should be the Browns equivalent to Jerome Bettis at this stage of his career. Ka-ching!!! Yet another Internet bet collected on. You want to get in on the action betting against me that Lewis won't come close to sniffing 1,000 yards this year?

Archived