THE BROWNS BOARD

Kosar says Anderson was "fantastic"

Chip Banks

Kosar was on the Michael Reghi show this afternoon in drive. This is the second time I've heard him after a game. He was very critical after the Denver loss.

He said that he thought DA had a good game when he watched it real time. He then went back and watched the tape and said he upgraded his opinion to "great game".

He said the interception was exactly the right read and a good throw and that Heiden "would like to have that one back."

He gushed about some of the throws that DA made saying "now those were NFL throws"

Reghi asked him whether DA's passes stretched the field to the point that Cincy had to respect it, opening up the running game. Kosar said "yes, without a doubt. Vertically AND Horizontally."

When Reghi asked him if he thinks Quinn is done in Cleveland and will ask for a trade, Kosar said Quinn's not done and that you don't want a guy who wants to be a back up. He followed up with a comment that if Derek continues to play the way he did Sunday it will would be tough for Quinn or anyone else for that matter to get Anderson off the field with his abilities.

I was a little surprised by how much praise Kosar had for Anderson's performance. I thought he played well, but apparently not as well as Kosar thought he played. Kosar definitely saw something different on the pick than Gannon.

Kosar was also complimentary of Daboll's game.

being one that has been outside of northern ohio now for over 20 years, i find it hard to believe that people are so grounded in their beliefs in one brown's quarterback or another that they don't care about the positives when they do occur. i totally agree with bernie and his remarks. and i'm not totally sure what the appeal of brady quinn is to native clevelanders but it seems to me that he really hasn't done anything when he's been in there. the same cannot be said for derek anderson. get over the catholic pride thing and get on with the browns pride thing. geez.

I believe the adjective he used was "phenominal" and Reghi (the brilliant man he is) had him repeat it because he couldn't believe his ears. I believe Bernie is right because I've been saying the same things since Sunday at around 3:30. If mopaji says it and Bernie, pff..it's fact. The difference is, I get called all kinds of names for it. He also said that the pick was on Heiden and that "he would run a hitch on that 99 out of 100 times". DA's good and he's still getting better.

Guest ATENEARS
He said that he thought DA had a good game when he watched it real time. He then went back and watched the tape and said he upgraded his opinion to "great game".

He said the interception was exactly the right read and a good throw and that Heiden "would like to have that one back."

My comments on this play after only seeing it once, live, and not focused in on it but surveying the entire play unfolding:

<<< On the RED ZONE INTERCEPTION, that was right in our corner, from my view, he was expecting Heiden to button-hook, roll inward and sit down and DA was throwing to that spot. I'm not sure why it took Heiden so long to get somewhere there or perhaps he got caught up in traffic, but it looked like miscommunication. >>>>

I've asked this once already, but does anyone have a video of this play?

Guest ATENEARS
Was he drunk, or just high on pills? Love Kosar ....when he's sober. (which obviously wasn't the case in this instance)

Funny, that's the same reply I received when giving my opinion of this game ... but Ironically, TheBestPlayersPlay first of all doesn't believe his screen name, and secondly lacks giving his own views just yip,yaps,and yipes.

I believe the adjective he used was "phenominal" and Reghi (the brilliant man he is) had him repeat it because he couldn't believe his ears. I believe Bernie is right because I've been saying the same things since Sunday at around 3:30. If mopaji says it and Bernie, pff..it's fact. The difference is, I get called all kinds of names for it. He also said that the pick was on Heiden and that "he would run a hitch on that 99 out of 100 times". DA's good and he's still getting better.

DA's good and he's still getting better.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that

one just yet. :blink:

DA wasn't even "good" vs. the Bengals. Game started off horribly, went through a nice little patch in the late in the 2nd/ 3rd quarter(with alot of help from Cribbs) and was a wreck down the stretch. His overtime was DAesque bad. He threw the ball behind so many recievers, it was rediculous. No wonder the Browns lost.

Guest ATENEARS
Wow, our standards as Browns fans have really taken a shit.

Yeah, hold off on that poll of the best helmet in football, we may get 6 pages of potential mascot logos.

QUOTE (mopaji @ Oct 6 2009, 07:25 PM)

"Phenominal" really, DA had 1 good sustained drive all day, 77 yards for a 1 yard TD run.

The other TD was fine 38 yard drive, 8 yard run, 29 yard pass to MM & then the 1 yard TD pass to Heiden.

AND THAT WAS IT! IN 5 Quarters!

Did nothing with the super short fields, and nothing in OT!

Not the good DA, not the Bad DA, just the FAIR DA.

Bernie Kosar was to NFL Quarterbacks what Aunt Clara of the old TV Show "BEWITCHED" was to witches. Bernie was the Master of the 3 yard pass on 3d and 8. Announcers could never compliment his athletic ability with a straight face so they made up folklore about him being a smart QB. Yeah, so smart that not one network sought him out as an analyst. Even Rich Dumbell gannon is thought of mroe highly than Blosar is.

I have no earthly idea how good Andersen may or may not be, HOWEVER, as I told you guys several years ago, he is the only choice out of the crap pile for QB. Brady Quinn should be released, seriously, he blows!

2 - 14

Unfortunately, Kosar isn't slick enough to get a gig on a major network as an annalist- but as to seeing what's going on, he's terrific in my book.

Bernie Kosar was to NFL Quarterbacks what Aunt Clara of the old TV Show "BEWITCHED" was to witches. Bernie was the Master of the 3 yard pass on 3d and 8. Announcers could never compliment his athletic ability with a straight face so they made up folklore about him being a smart QB. Yeah, so smart that not one network sought him out as an analyst. Even Rich Dumbell gannon is thought of mroe highly than Blosar is.

Ban this f'ck. Sacrilegious. You are going to hell.

308 pass without and interception. In that span, he hit 7 different receivers for 300+ yards, 3500 yards total. He double majored in finance and economics and graduated in 3 1/2 years. What a dumb ass.

I thought DA looked fantastic...if the kid is given time and taught a few things he wasnt taught by rac he could seriously be a great qb...patience and tuff-love coaching are the keys to DA being an awesome qb instead of the streaky guy you cant trust that he is now..;)

Kosar was on the Michael Reghi show this afternoon in drive. This is the second time I've heard him after a game. He was very critical after the Denver loss.

He gushed about some of the throws that DA made saying "now those were NFL throws"

Reghi asked him whether DA's passes stretched the field to the point that Cincy had to respect it, opening up the running game. Kosar said "yes, without a doubt. Vertically AND Horizontally."

When Reghi asked him if he thinks Quinn is done in Cleveland and will ask for a trade, Kosar said Quinn's not done and that you don't want a guy who wants to be a back up. He followed up with a comment that if Derek continues to play the way he did Sunday it will would be tough for Quinn or anyone else for that matter to get Anderson off the field with his abilities.

I was a little surprised by how much praise Kosar had for Anderson's performance. I thought he played well, but apparently not as well as Kosar thought he played. Kosar definitely saw something different on the pick than Gannon.

Kosar was also complimentary of Daboll's game.

We need some optimism in every form possible. We cant expect Kosar to come and say " hey we lost so we suck ! " He saw improvements thanks to adjustments made and is putting a positive spin on the negative end result. If we had lost the game with no score or just a field goal then how many of us will be optimistic about the Buffalo game ? After this result i know im excited about our chances for the next game. Massaqoui has come of age, Harrison is slotting in nicely and our offensive line is hanging on ... hey our next win could come sooner than we think ...

Yeah, I too will defer to Bernie over Rich Gannon on the breakdown of a play or Defense.

Especially when he spends 4 games every August basically predicting the upcoming play like he was in the GD huddle. Complete with reads on the coverages and how some D's will mask specific coverages.

Sorry Rich, you lose.

Bernie needs to put the BPR down for a bit and come back to the world of sobriety if he thinks DA was "great". Under 50% comp is "great". Wow our expectations are really low.

amazing how many times the word "incomplete" and "short" are used.... is DA a dink and dunker, too??? Heaven forbid... What happened to the mad bomber or "gunslinger" DA lovers say he is.... I see a lot of "short" passes....that went incomplete.

D.Anderson pass incomplete short left to B.Edwards.

3rd and 7 at CLE 23 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

4th and 7 at CLE 23 D.Zastudil punts 39 yards to CIN 38, Center-R.Pontbriand, out of bounds.

J.Harrison left tackle to CLV 18 for 2 yards (A.Odom, C.Crocker).

2nd and 8 at CLE 18 D.Anderson pass deep right to M.Massaquoi ran ob at CLV 48 for 30 yards.

1st and 10 at CLE 48 J.Harrison left tackle to CIN 45 for 7 yards (Dh.Jones).

2nd and 3 at CIN 45 J.Harrison left guard to CIN 43 for 2 yards (D.Peko, C.Ndukwe).

3rd and 1 at CIN 43 D.Anderson up the middle to CIN 42 for 1 yard (D.Peko).

1st and 10 at CIN 42 D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to B.Edwards.

2nd and 10 at CIN 42 D.Anderson pass incomplete short middle to S.Heiden (R.Geathers).

3rd and 10 at CIN 42 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

4th and 10 at CIN 42 D.Zastudil punts 32 yards to CIN 10, Center-R.Pontbriand. Q.Cosb

1st and 10 at CLE 31 J.Harrison right tackle to CLV 35 for 4 yards (J.Joseph).

2nd and 6 at CLE 35 D.Anderson pass deep left to M.Massaquoi to CIN 41 for 24 yards (L.Hall).

1st and 10 at CIN 41 J.Harrison right guard to CIN 40 for 1 yard (Dh.Jones).

2nd and 9 at CIN 40 D.Anderson pass incomplete deep right to M.Massaquoi.

Timeout #2 by CLV at 06:48.

3rd and 9 at CIN 40 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short left to R.Royal.

4th and 9 at CIN 40 D.Zastudil punts 30 yards to CIN 10, Center-R.Pontbriand, fair catch by Q.Cosby.

1st and 10 at CLE 43 D.Anderson sacked at CLV 31 for -12 yards (C.Ndukwe). Harrison lateral back to Anderson

2nd and 22 at CLE 31 J.Harrison right guard to CLV 35 for 4 yards (D.Peko, K.Rivers).

3rd and 18 at CLE 35 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short left to J.Cribbs (M.Johnson).

4th and 18 at CLE 35 D.Zastudil punts 55 yards to CIN 10, Center-R.Pontbriand. Q.Cosby to CIN 14 for 4 yards (R.Ventrone, N.Sorensen).

Later in the 4th Q DA "leads us back"....

(Shotgun) D.Anderson pass short right to M.Furrey to CLV 38 for 5 yards.

2nd and 5 at CLE 38 (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Anderson pass short middle to M.Furrey to CLV 45 for 7 yards (B.Johnson).

1st and 10 at CLE 45 (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Anderson pass short right to S.Heiden to CIN 48 for 7 yards (B.Johnson).

2nd and 3 at CIN 48 (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to S.Heiden.

3rd and 3 at CIN 48 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass short left to M.Massaquoi to CIN 40 for 8 yards (L.Hall).

1st and 10 at CIN 40 D.Anderson spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2nd and 10 at CIN 40 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to R.Royal.

3rd and 10 at CIN 40 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short left to M.Massaquoi [A.Odom].

4th and 10 at CIN 40 D.Zastudil punts 32 yards to CIN 8, Center-R.Pontbriand, downed by CLV-B.McDonald.

Those short passes helped open up that route, imo. True, Braylon brought off some of the coverage as well, but we'll see how we look next week.

That isn't the point, the point is Anderson missed alot. Anderson has no future here. He will be benched for Ratliff in a couple of weeks and that will be that. The delusion of the Andersonites is amazing.

Lol @ Kosar.

Kosar loves DA and always has. He's a biased idiot when it comes to the QB spot. He's always hated Quinn... Ever since he was drafted.

It'd just be nice for somebody in Cleveland to have an unbiased opinion.

I feel like we only have DA fans or BQ fans, and we don't have Browns fans.

Lol @ Kosar.

Kosar loves DA and always has. He's a biased idiot when it comes to the QB spot. He's always hated Quinn... Ever since he was drafted.

I could see Bernie holding a candlelight vigil for DA when he is gone.

Guest ATENEARS
Bernie needs to put the BPR down for a bit and come back to the world of sobriety if he thinks DA was "great". Under 50% comp is "great". Wow our expectations are really low.

amazing how many times the word "incomplete" and "short" are used.... is DA a dink and dunker, too??? Heaven forbid... What happened to the mad bomber or "gunslinger" DA lovers say he is.... I see a lot of "short" passes....that went incomplete.

D.Anderson pass incomplete short left to B.Edwards.

3rd and 7 at CLE 23 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

4th and 7 at CLE 23 D.Zastudil punts 39 yards to CIN 38, Center-R.Pontbriand, out of bounds.

J.Harrison left tackle to CLV 18 for 2 yards (A.Odom, C.Crocker).

2nd and 8 at CLE 18 D.Anderson pass deep right to M.Massaquoi ran ob at CLV 48 for 30 yards.

1st and 10 at CLE 48 J.Harrison left tackle to CIN 45 for 7 yards (Dh.Jones).

2nd and 3 at CIN 45 J.Harrison left guard to CIN 43 for 2 yards (D.Peko, C.Ndukwe).

3rd and 1 at CIN 43 D.Anderson up the middle to CIN 42 for 1 yard (D.Peko).

1st and 10 at CIN 42 D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to B.Edwards.

2nd and 10 at CIN 42 D.Anderson pass incomplete short middle to S.Heiden (R.Geathers).

3rd and 10 at CIN 42 (Shotgun) D.Anderson pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

4th and 10 at CIN 42 D.Zastudil punts 32 yards to CIN 10, Center-R.Pontbriand. Q.Cosb

1st and 10 at CLE 31 J.Harrison right tackle to CLV 35 for 4 yards (J.Joseph).

2nd and 6 at CLE 35 D.Anderson pass deep left to M.Massaquoi .........................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

Brady Nation is reduced to a few frozen purple lip survivors clinging to the wreckage of the Titanic.

"Don't stop people, we have no room!"

DA's short passes are more effective because that is not all he throws. Of course he is going to throw short passes but they are really difficult to be effective when there are 8 or 9 in the box. That is the difference.

Again I do not thing DA is the future, but my hope is that he plays well enough to allow the team to concentrate on other areas in the draft and then go for a qb in a few years. I don't think it will help the team to draft a QB high this year. Need allot more Line help on both sides and LBs more than they need a QB. Or at least I hope that is the case.

Lol @ Kosar.

I like them both but im a browns fan first mangini says DA for now and i agree but i watched bq for over 3 yrs at ND and am a big fan what i saw bq doing in the first 3 games is not bq and he didnt impress me at all..but nevertheless you have to make what the OC gives you work and bq failed...i want to see the kid get a real and fair evaluation should DA become unstable and turn into mr.anderception again however if DA develops well under the new regime i am very content to have him as our starter ive always thought he could correct his problems under the right regime that is firm and insistant about it and if he can fix 3 things he could be one of the better qbs in the league in 2 years...;)

Archived