THE BROWNS BOARD

Serious questions I think I thought while I have time...

calfoxwc

With Iran and other countries demonizing israel, do you think that Obama's

outreach to the radical elements in the Arab world is encouraging hostility toward

Israel, now that the Obama gov seems not to support Israel as most other presidents

in US history have done? (except for Jimmy Carter...)

Do you support sending more troops to Afghanistan? If not, did you berate Iraq as a mistake because

we needed to get the legit job done in Afghanistan, only during the Bush admin years?

Does anyone NOT find any glaring weaknesses/mistakes/problems with the actions/inactions of the Obama admin?

Do you support Obama is denying economic support to Honduras, to try to force the would be leftist dictator Selaya back into power?

If you do, do you think that forms a picture of who Obama really is?

Does Obama's reaching out to Chavez in Venzuela, while economically trying to force the Honduras democracy to lose

control of their government and turning his back on Israel in terms of support seems like another look into who Obama is?

I remember the dissing of Bush because of the economy. Does anyone not criticize Obama for the far more serious economic mess we're in now?

Do you think our national debt is fine now, but when it was a LOT smaller during the Bush admin, it was an outrage

to saddle the entire next generation with the burden/disaster ?

cal on the first question, our Admin and country still support a strong Israel in terms of defense..... the problem is the ultra right wing in Israel and its expainsionist policies.

They have essentially relegated a palestinion people to the point of desperation in terms of economics. They have also pushed builiding and occupation into territories that are part of the entire problem. Israel cant have it both ways and right now that is exactly what they are doing.... a desperate population that does not have money or ways to make it/rescources etc is in a position of nothing to lose.

I dont really support sending more troops to Afghanistan, i support a different tactical engagement of the area. You cant militarily conquer and control ideologies or indegenous tribal people. Nuclear Pakistan destabilization is the problem here not really the Taliban in Afghanistan. Bin ladens criminal group and its linking ideology cant be defeated but more prosecuted and contained.

its been less than ONE year into the new admin and congressional control, stabilizing economic freefall is priority number one.... The markets have been largely stabilized.... the debt is an estoric problem that is linked with GDP and our consumption/credit based economy. Chrysler is out of BK.... and GM in terms of market stabilization was not really a win win scenario for the new admin. No matter what he did (let them fail) or take control there would have been a counter criticism from the right so I think he did what was necessary.

The Tarp funds are being paid back and bank takeovers like Indy mac have already been turned back into private hands.... so really nothing to criticize there...

As for the "serious" economic mess.... well NO admin can fix what took over 20 years to accumulate and burst in one year.... any person who thinks that it can is just off their rocker and does not understand macro economics to any degree.... especially since we are tied in with multiple international markets and countries now.

Medicare and Social security was already heading toward insolvency prior to Obama so you really cant pin point his moves or non actions on him either....

come on Cal you are smarter than this partisan thinking.

Yes, I am.

But I just don't like him, and I don't look my age, because I'm chronically immature. GGG

But, seriously, thanks for the answers, I'll have to think on them.

Putting more troops on the ground was supposed to be to help the Afghanis and protect them

from being dominated by the Taliban out of fear.

I'm still concerned about the denial of air support to our Marines, because the Nato

general? said they can't risk casualties...

I'll read what you replied on a few times, and I'll think about it.... later, when I have some time.

With Iran and other countries demonizing israel, do you think that Obama's

outreach to the radical elements in the Arab world is encouraging hostility toward

Israel, now that the Obama gov seems not to support Israel as most other presidents

in US history have done? (except for Jimmy Carter...)

>> Im not convinced of this administrations foreign policy.

Do you support sending more troops to Afghanistan? If not, did you berate Iraq as a mistake because

we needed to get the legit job done in Afghanistan, only during the Bush admin years?

>> I do support sending more troops to Afghan. That is where the real enemy lies and we need to cleanse the area else all the money and lives spent now will become irrelevant. Iraq was ruled by a megalomaniac dictator not a WMD handling regime, hence the war with Iraq could have been avoided.

Does anyone NOT find any glaring weaknesses/mistakes/problems with the actions/inactions of the Obama admin?

>> There is more problem with the inaction than action

Do you support Obama is denying economic support to Honduras, to try to force the would be leftist dictator Selaya back into power?

Let the Hondurans take care of their own problems, we have our own

If you do, do you think that forms a picture of who Obama really is?

No.

Does Obama's reaching out to Chavez in Venzuela, while economically trying to force the Honduras democracy to lose

control of their government and turning his back on Israel in terms of support seems like another look into who Obama is?

>>Obama reaching out to the ones who were anti americans before seems like an act to try to appease the enemy and make a fresh start, but sadly the way it is happening makes USA look like a weak hearted country.

I remember the dissing of Bush because of the economy. Does anyone not criticize Obama for the far more serious economic mess we're in now?

>>Bush's handling of the economy was criticized by Democrats and Republicans also. give it some time and im sure Obama will be bought to task too .... not everything changes over night.

Do you think our national debt is fine now, but when it was a LOT smaller during the Bush admin, it was an outrage

to saddle the entire next generation with the burden/disaster ?

Debt is never fine, be it Bush or Obama and unless Americans unite towards issues rather than politics we will always be saddled with reckless politicians and their agendas.

And now I have a question for all - > Considering the pathetic direction that is taken by both the republican and the democratic party, Do u think there is any point is even voting for the next elections ?

And now I have a question for all - > Considering the pathetic direction that is taken by both the republican and the democratic party, Do u think there is any point is even voting for the next elections ? BrownsIndian

Thank you for your replies above.

There is a great danger in Americans beoming disechanted with our electoral process, with goofs on the Reps and Dems sides hardly being

the best leaders our country has to offer.

It makes me wonder how JFK or Reagan ever were allowed to run in the first place in their careers.

To let an activist minority take over the election of our national officials would be a disaster none of us want to live with.

Far better to all come togeter and VOTE to right the ship once again, in the right direction as best we can.

We need to put pressure on both parties to get serious with genuine leadership and legit ideals and ethics and AMERICAN VALUES

on every single person nominated to run for office.

If that means the development of a third party, so be it.

An "American Patriot" party could bring together most Americans under one goal - stopping all the corruption and partisan bickering from one side to another.

I admired JFK and Reagan. Not many solid great presidents in the list. You can find fault with both,

but both were pro-us, pro America, pro American values, and had great courage, humanity and humor about them.

Well, at least Bush had some genuine humor...

but we've taken a very bad turn with the Obama admin.

At this point, I don't know anyone who is not upset with the reality of Obama's phoney "hope and change" rhetoric.

It was just right out of Karl Marx and Saul Alinski's writings.

Obama doesn't have values - he has radical, manipulative rhetoric - he has the left pushing his career, and he

has fooled many others across the country into buying his vague promises that are not being kept.

Smoke and mirrors like we have never seen from an American president in our entire history.

Archived