THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

Guest ATENEARS
Just got on here and heard the news... does anyone know all the exact players we got and picks?

Cleveland will receive WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik and undisclosed draft picks from New York Jets. The draft picks are believe to be a 3rd & 5th (year unknown), and it is now rumored that the 3rd could be a 2nd if Braylon hauls-in a certain amount receptions.

Trusnik is a Northern Ohio boy, grew up in Macedonia (Southeast Cleveland suburb) and played for Nordonia High School. I believe he was Special Teams player of the year last year.

Stuckey is a 3rd year WR, who's probably a #3 slot receiver.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hearing from a secondhand source that it was reported today that Braylon Edwards was disrupting the huddle on Sunday, as he kept bitching 'get ME the ball, get ME the ball' and nearly prevented Anderson from relaying the play to the rest of the team.

BTW, Edwards was on of the guys that filed a grievance with the players association about being fined. I know he was one of the guys that refused to park where the players were assigned to park and would park in the handicap spots or in reserved spots for the secys and PR personnel. After so many warnings Mangini was forced to enforce his rules or he would have allowed a double standard.

What burns we up about all the media coverage and bad press about $1701 for a bottle of water is that these guys were told and warned and warned, so what do you do. They were raiding minibars aon the way out of the hotel and passing out snacks on the bus to other players who started thinking it was a joke. This wasn't one isolated incident and the guy gets fined. My understanding is that he was starting to influence some of the younger guys and that was real trouble brewing. No way did this team want him to get in to MoMass and Robo's heads.

You mention the huddle disruptions and that seemed to me one of the main reasons for Anderson's big drop off last year. He always had Edwards and KWII chirpping in his ear. Might be the reason Mangini went with Quinn to start the season, he put a lot on huddle presence and managing the game. Maybe now Anderson can get a bid more comfortable and forceful in the huddle. If the team realizes he is the leader and not bowing to Edwards, he could progress as a QB.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Braylon is a lot like that really hot chick all the guys want to get with. However once you get with her after a few months you realize she can't suck cock for shit, or refuses to on most occasions, she only puts out once a month and can't cook for shit. Sure she looks nice on your arms when you go out in public, but that's about all she's good for...

Good move for the Browns

then you find out she has a penis....boom-shakka-lakka-lakka-boom!!!!

Guest 88fingerslewy
Florio says Anderson is telling friends that he's thrilled to get rid of Braylon.
I can think of 3 game changing bulls-eyes DA threw to BE last year that were dropped. Dallas, Houston and baltimore all stick out.

Well there goes another jersey down the tubes.

Metcalf

Turner

Johnson

Winslow

Edwards

Quinn :(

Back on topic, I love the trade. His antics have grown super old, and thats just the crap we see. Sounds like this guy was a megadouche behind the scenes as well.

Metcalf

Turner

Johnson

Winslow

Edwards

Back on topic, I love the trade. His antics have grown super old, and thats just the crap we see. Sounds like this guy was a megadouche behind the scenes as well.

Just get a Tom Cousineau custom jersey and be done with it.

Guest ATENEARS

Metcalf

Turner

Johnson

Winslow

Edwards

No need to throw the Erocc Jersey away ... that's a classic and a keeper.

I have not bought a jersey of any player in the new era yet ... still waiting for one worthy to grace my girlish curves.

I had a custom Clay Matthews (brown), and ATENEARS #22 (White) made, bought a LEBRON (brown) authentic jersey off e-bay, still have my Erocc (white) from years past, and the wife has a Newsome (brown) one.

Bring my that bone-crushing Safety Mangini ... daddy needs a new Jersey.

This morning the Cleveland Browns pulled the trigger on a deal sending former Pro-Bowler Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets. The Cleveland Browns in return receive wide receiver Chansi Stuckey, linebacker Jason Trusnik, and two draft picks. Those picks are rumored to be a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. So how does this impact the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, and your fantasy teams?

For full article click here!

this just in off the ticker..........

Apparently BE was rocking out to Black Eyed Peas "I got a feeling" on the way to the club Sunday night!!!! :lol:

Did this pop up on it's own or did somebody post the video for me? if so , thnx!!

Ytown, is your post true? You seem to have connections but can you at least elaborate a little on the source of your info?

If true, I support the fines even more than before. Disgraceful and immature behavior deserves maximum fining.

I still have some contacts with Scouts.com and stay friends with Zac Jackson. My son used to work in radio for a local ESPN affiliate and now covers them for his newspaper. He did an internship with them when he came out of college in their PR dept. He still has some contacts around Berea.

Can't make this kind of stuff up............................If you want another name, Elam may have been one of the guys fined also.

Just popped in to a Jets forum. Their fans are mixed. Some saying "Mangini has helped this team more as the Browns coach than he did as our coach." Other saying "primadonna that can't catch the f'cking ball." Most posters are concerned with the picks they gave up more than anything. Ironically enough, they were bitching about Stuckey having butterfingers!

- The Browns need a banner draft in 2010. We're likely to pick near the top and either take a QB or trade down a little. Now we also have some extra picks, so there's room to maneuver. I'm sure they'd like to end up with at least 4 first day picks including one in the top 12.

Please draft defense first, someone who will knock you on your can.

Please draft defense first, someone who will knock you on your can.

Would love to see what Ryan would do with a little more talent to work with. How about a Reed/Palamalu kick ass safety and a ILB with speed and a real mean disposition. Could also throw in a shutdown corner as well. Hell, might as well ask for a pass rusher as well.

As a jet fan who felt Mangini got kind of shafted in NY after building what is a pretty good team, I thought I'd pitch in a few points:

1. Stuckey is a good to above average slot receiver with very above average hands. Yes, he's a 7th round pick, but he fell in the draft because of a broken foot. Might have gone 3rd or 4th otherwise. He did fantastic in preseason and has been clutch in games.

2. Trusnik was a fan favorite who performed great when he was on the field. Quick. Good value.

3. As many have pointed out, you're also getting a 3rd and 5th for what would otherwise have been nothing. Besides BE is killing your team. Established veterans in NY may be able to control him and maybe they have special stickum he can put on his hands.

4. Mangini is doing here some of the same things he did with the Jets when he first arrived... getting rid of some potentially problematic veterans, getting some solid role players, acquiring draft picks, and building from the inside out.

You may not want him as a coach in 3 years, but you'll be happy you had him for 3. And he has looked different on the sideline in Cleveland than in NY.

Guest ATENEARS
You may not want him as a coach in 3 years, but you'll be happy you had him for 3. And he has looked different on the sideline in Cleveland than in NY.

How so?

Metcalf

Turner

Johnson

Winslow

Edwards

Here's my advantage in having the surname 'Edwards'. Jersey isn't completely useless.

Guest ATENEARS

I can't fooking wait to watch ESPN sportscenter in the coming weeks to see Braylon streaking wide open with the game tied at 17-all, and have a perfectly thrown Sanchez bomb clank right off his palms ... I will pee myself.

Archived