THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I think the question was, how do you think he has looked different on the sideline here?

Believe it or not lol he's showing more emotion. Also, he actually coached Edwards up after the roughing the passer penalty. He simply benched Elam for that crap in a game against Cinci last year. Looked like Elam was punching the dude but he was just trying to strip the ball after the guy was down.

Guest ATENEARS

Let's give the Moderators here a round of applause for merging the 15 or so Braylon Edwards Trade threads into one neat and clean folder ... not to mention the multiple Stuckey threads and other related matter today thats needed cleaned up.

Perhaps you haven't noticed ... which is a excellent trait for the Mods.

Nice work fella's

Let's give the Moderators here a round of applause for merging the 15 or so Braylon Edwards Trade threads into one neat and clean folder ... not to mention the multiple Stuckey threads and other related matter today thats needed cleaned up.

Perhaps you haven't noticed ... which is a excellent trait for the Mods.

Nice work fella's

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cleveland will receive WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik and undisclosed draft picks from New York Jets. The draft picks are believe to be a 3rd & 5th (year unknown), and it is now rumored that the 3rd could be a 2nd if Braylon hauls-in a certain amount receptions.

Trusnik is a Northern Ohio boy, grew up in Macedonia (Southeast Cleveland suburb) and played for Nordonia High School. I believe he was Special Teams player of the year last year.

Stuckey is a 3rd year WR, who's probably a #3 slot receiver.

According to an NFL source, the Jets gave up draft picks in the third and fifth rounds in the deal, Schefter reported. The third-round pick is a conditional pick and could turn into second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this season. That is said to be a high number, but if Edwards lights it up in New York the way the Jets are hoping, the Browns then would get a second-round pick in return.

Guest Masters
(If it's as good as the Winslow deal... it's really good. I think the Bucs would trade him back for the fifth rounder we got from the Jets. The last two weeks, he has 5 catches for 35 yards.)

The last two weeks they have had some terrible play at QB too. I think the Bucs would trade him back for an OC.

So basically, we have to root for the Jets and Braylon to have an awesome year so that can be turned into a second rounder.

What a double edged sword, we want to hate him, but we have to cheer for him

Knowing Edwards, if he needs 80 receptions (for example), he would get 79 to screw us once more.

diddnt winslow have a 2 TD game the other week, that deal worked well for them, plus Bryant is coming back which will take heat off Winslow, expect him to go off again this week

I like Winslow.

But he has 50 more receiving yards than Robert Royal, one more TD and got a $36 million deal where almost all of it is guaranteed. He can't block a lick and is a good hit or two from being back on IR.

Didn't we get MoMass with the second rounder we traded for him?

Advantage Mangini.

So basically, we have to root for the Jets and Braylon to have an awesome year so that can be turned into a second rounder.

What a double edged sword, we want to hate him, but we have to cheer for him

I'd rather have a 3rd rounder than root for that pompous ass.

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will be before BE is whining and crying about how the fans in NY? Too bad the "they hate me cuz I'm from Michigan" crap won't fly there. He'll have to come up with a whole new excuse like "they hate me cuz I'm beautiful".

I'd rather have a 3rd rounder than root for that pompous ass.

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will be before BE is whining and crying about how the fans in NY? Too bad the "they hate me cuz I'm from Michigan" crap won't fly there. He'll have to come up with a whole new excuse like "they hate me cuz I'm beautiful".

He has no clue. The New Your Press are bulldogs. He's f'cked.

I am sure this has been hashed and rehashed several times, but I like this trade.

1. Stuckey: He is a slot type receiver. I know we currently have Furrey, but is on a one year contract...and likely won't be returning next year. That means that Stuckey is likely our slot guy as the year goes on and into the future. Besides, it opens up the chance for Furrey to play more on defense.

2. Jason Trusnik is a LB and a fantastic ST contributor. He is a big guy at 6'4" 250, so he may even fit into a rotation at some point at LB.

3. TWO PICKS! I heard 3 and 5, with the 3 going to a 2 if BE performs. Basically, we are getting the same trade that the NYG were offering before.

4. Playing Time....for Robiskie. We will likely see our 2 2nd round draft picks extensively from this point forward...meaning we get to see what kind of draft we really had this year....and meaning we will have BOTH of them with experience going into next year.

5. No more BE DROPSIES! May be my favorite point.

I know we are not going to see immediate improvement due to this trade...but long term it may be just what the doctor ordered!!!

Where Mangini f'd up was in not moving BE and BQ before the year. But at this point, anything we get for Braylon is a plus because he's gone at the end of the year anyway.

I know I am way behind the times as I played 36 and had lunch at the course, but Mangini didn't screw up. He is a coach with a new team...he had to see who was a player and who would buy in to the program..we don't need to bash mangini for this....I actually like the move, and at this point still don't know what all we got as I stopped reading to make this comment.

I know I am way behind the times as I played 36 and had lunch at the course, but Mangini didn't screw up. He is a coach with a new team...he had to see who was a player and who would buy in to the program..we don't need to bash mangini for this....I actually like the move, and at this point still don't know what all we got as I stopped reading to make this comment.

This is a no brainer. A good trade.

How did you do?

Archived