THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edwards has wanted out, there's no way he would have signed with Cleveland after this year.

I swear it looked at times like he was actually dropping passes because he just didn't care, and

was showing it.

To get two high character, talented players like what Mangini looks for, and two draft picks? ROF,LMAO !

Genius. A third round draft pick could get us an OG, or ORT, RB, who knows? But it will be a huge

addition, in place of getting nothing for him at the end of this season.

Ah, I just love the move. And listening to Braylons' press conference, it is STILL all about him to him.

Good freakin riddance.

Just some info on Trusnik and Stuckey. Seems like Trusnik is a real stand up guy off the field.

Jason Trusnik

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

◊ Corralled his first NFL fumble recovery at MIA, 12/28/08, off a Bryan Thomas sack of Chad Pennington.

◊ Responsible for a career-high four special teams tackles at TEN, 11/23/08.

◊ Earned his NFL debut vs. PIT, 11/18/07, as an undrafted rookie free agent and recorded two special teams tackles.

◊ Wore #57 in 2007 and 2008 before switching to #96 for 2009.

OFF THE FIELD

◊ Served as a shopping chaperone during 2007 holiday season for children of families who lost family members in the Iraq War.

◊ Visited the Schneider’s Children’s Hospital among others and consistently volunteers at Special Olympics events for children.

◊ Majored in Early Childhood Education.

◊ Lettered in wrestling, earning berth in state championship as a senior.

◊ Enjoys golfing and the outdoors.

◊ Wife, Nicole.

Hmmmmm..... When I saw he went to Nordonia HS- thought hey, my sister's kids went there too. Turns out she's good friends with his aunt, and knows the guy. Don't think we'll see any 2:30 AM nightclub altercations out of Jason. :)

While it's certainly not on the level of Bo Kimble shooting left-handed free throws in honor of Hank Gathers, I think it's just a gesture of a guy being a friend & a team mate. No need to get worked up over. He's not starting, remember?

Help me out. I don't follow college basketball closely enough to exactly remember this.

Did UNLV trade Hank Gathers for being a petulant prima donna wannabe bitch?

Help me out. I don't follow college basketball closely enough to exactly remember this.

Man you're right, you don't follow college basketball closely at all.....

...It was Loyola Marymount, not UNLV.

;)

Guest Masters

Talk about vearying way off of what Legacys point was.... :blink:

Man you're right, you don't follow college basketball closely at all.....

...It was Loyola Marymount, not UNLV.

;)

I wasn't kidding. I don't follow college basketball at all. Bores the hell out of me.

I guess I should have known, though. You'd have to be a giant-sized dildo to support a player that couldn't live up to the UNLV morals code. LOL.

Original point is undiminished.

Talk about vearying way off of what Legacys point was.... :blink:

Hmmm. That we're comparing a genuine tribute to a fallen best friend/teammate to a supposed tribute to an ex teammate (I don't remember every hearing that BE and Quinn were friends) who was traded after making it known he didn't want to play for the team and having a history of being a general pain in the ass. I think he had to veer a long way to bring the two together for any type of analogy. Unless I'm wrong. Gathers did die, right?

This isn't a teammate wearing a beret to honor the memory of Pat Tillman. This is closer to the passive-agressive behavior of a teenage girl who wants to get back at the guy who dumped her by wearing the letterman's jacket of her ex boyfriend's cross-town rival.

Call Braylon and wish him luck and congratulations that he was able to maneuver into what he wants if you two were such great friends. That would say far more than wearing his shoes when he's not even around to see it. But honor your teammates and coaches.

You are fooling yourself if you think this was about respect and not disrespect.

Chip, I clearly made the distinction that this was no Kimble/Gathers incident. The ridiculousness in thinking the two are so closely related is only matched by the vagina-ache so many are suffering over these cleats. Juxtaposition was the reason for its inclusion in my post.

I clearly said that it was simply about "being a friend and team mate" having nothing to do with respect, or disrespect.

Holy shit.

Did Anderson's Upside Down Browns Helmet Patch even get this much Midol? I mean, talk about disrespecting your team. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. That we're comparing a genuine tribute to a fallen best friend/teammate to a supposed tribute to an ex teammate (I don't remember every hearing that BE and Quinn were friends) who was traded after making it known he didn't want to play for the team and having a history of being a general pain in the ass. I think he had to veer a long way to bring the two together for any type of analogy. Unless I'm wrong. Gathers did die, right?

This isn't a teammate wearing a beret to honor the memory of Pat Tillman. This is closer to the passive-agressive behavior of a teenage girl who wants to get back at the guy who dumped her by wearing the letterman's jacket of her ex boyfriend's cross-town rival.

Call Braylon and wish him luck and congratulations that he was able to maneuver into what he wants if you two were such great friends. That would say far more than wearing his shoes when he's not even around to see it. But honor your teammates and coaches.

You are fooling yourself if you think this was about respect and not disrespect.

Just because you didn't hear they are friends doesn't mean they weren't.

See this post and the video linked:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2315855

Chip, I clearly made the distinction that this was no Kimble/Gathers incident. The ridiculousness in thinking the two are so closely related is only matched by the vagina-ache so many are suffering over these cleats. Juxtaposition was the reason for its inclusion in my post.

I clearly said that it was simply about "being a friend and team mate" having nothing to do with respect, or disrespect.

Holy shit.

Did Anderson's Upside Down Browns Helmet Patch even get this much Midol? I mean, talk about disrespecting your team. :rolleyes:

No, I think the distinction is a good one. You honor a dead teammate with some symbolic gesture. Left handed free throws, a black arm patch or sticker on your helmet. You make a show of respect to the guy for his family and fans . . . nobody is disrespected.

You do something to support a douche bag that just got shipped out because he gave Gary Coleman and the organization yet another black eye and you disrespect the coaches and the organization.

Pretty simple, really.

As to DA, you think you need to convince me that he's a goof ball? If Quinn turns around this season (or next) to represents the Browns in the Pro Bowl, he can wear orange cleats or a big middle finger patch over the letters EM on his jersey and I promise you . . . it will not bother me a bit.

A backup QB needs to be a team player. Fair or not, if Quinn thinks any team is going to trade for him and hand him 20 starts to see what he can do, he and his agent are idiots. He comes on as a back-up to an aging QB or to compete for a job. Doing anything to allow people to question that he is about the "team" is stupid.

Archived