THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey MoMass!!!

Legacy Fan

As to what, it allows a guy like MoMass to go out and see mainly man coverger and put up a big day like he did Sunday. In the long run, getting rid of BE will probably make the team better. In the short term, we are likely not going to see many games this year out of MoMass like we did on Sunday.

We shall see how the passing game looks this Sunday.

Yep, I have a feeling it will be a good thing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree with you BE and DA's chemistry is very good and took years to build. Eventually BE was going to have a break out game and the guy draws double coverage alot. He was in fact our only seasoned weapon and If you think he wasn't going to have a solid year with DA at the helm your smoking crack! Pro Bowl with the Browns maybe not, but with the Jets he will! We got xxxxed and thats all there is to it Stuckey isnt a #1 and we got a special teams LB! Who xxxxing cares! Once you find out we didn't get at least a 3rd and we win maybe 2 games your going to understand very quickly how much this deal sucked!

I thought BE and DA had a good relationship but maybe not lately (or maybe this story is bullshit):

Derek Anderson is glad that Braylon is gone

Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2009 10:31 AM ET

Though he hasn't and likely won't say or do anything publicly to indicate his feelings on the matter, a league source tells us that Browns starting quarterback (for now) Derek Anderson is happy that receiver Braylon Edwards has been traded to the Jets.

We were surprised, given that Anderson likes to throw the deep ball and that Edwards had been the team's top vertical option. Then again, the number of dropped passes over the past year and change likely influenced Anderson's thinking.

The eight catches and 148 yards from rookie Mohamed Massaquoi probably increases Anderson's comfort level regarding Edwards' absence, too.

And so the Browns have in little more than seven months dumped their two top-ten draft picks from 2005 and 2004 -- Edwards and tight end Kellen Winslow.

Two years ago, it appeared that both players would be Cleveland fixtures well into the next decade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...raylon-is-gone/

If that is true then it speak volumes. Anderson greatly benefits from a deep threat. However, there must be off the field and in the huddle situations not meshing. DA has worked hard to be the starting QB (as did Quinn)...BE was given the #1 and you didn't quite see the effort on or off the field to equate to such a prestigous job. Anderson throws to a wide open Edwards who drops it. Then having that same guy saying HE wants the ball in the huddle...can't sit well. If it wasn't for his one monster year out of five...talent is good...using it is better.

This could very well be a turning point for Anderson. Without a cancer in the locker room and in the huddle Anderson can take command and be the field general. I truly believe that Edwards was a big part of Anderson's flop last season.

And now we are stuck with rookies and some situational players. Is that bad? You think Buffalo might be scratching their heads and saying, who do we roll the coverage to? Who will they target in certain situations? It's all unknown until teams are able to see a few games and see what they will do.

Today Anderson seems very happy. Maybe he feels a big monkey was taken off his back. The pressure was you had to get your #1 involved, now that won't be a problem. There is no pattern for defenses to look for and best of all no disruptions for the QB in the huddle.

Lat wek Mangini said Robo has earned some additional time because of his work on the scout teams. This week he said Robo would get some time on offense not just special teams. How long was this deal in the works?

This could very well be a turning point for Anderson. Without a cancer in the locker room and in the huddle Anderson can take command and be the field general. I truly believe that Edwards was a big part of Anderson's flop last season.

And now we are stuck with rookies and some situational players. Is that bad? You think Buffalo might be scratching their heads and saying, who do we roll the coverage to? Who will they target in certain situations? It's all unknown until teams are able to see a few games and see what they will do.

Today Anderson seems very happy. Maybe he feels a big monkey was taken off his back. The pressure was you had to get your #1 involved, now that won't be a problem. There is no pattern for defenses to look for and best of all no disruptions for the QB in the huddle.

Lat wek Mangini said Robo has earned some additional time because of his work on the scout teams. This week he said Robo would get some time on offense not just special teams. How long was this deal in the works?

Think this might have something to do with BQ not having success downfield? His #1 receiver not giving a rats ass?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see BQ back in this season.

A 130lb guy at a bar IN CLEVELAND got under his skin. How do you think the jamokes in New York will treat him in the bars after one of his "dropsies" games. I figure he'll end up dead by the end of the year....

Good point. If he thought he took a lot of flak in Cleveland, the NY fans lets alone the NY media are going to be a big surprise for him.

Think this might have something to do with BQ not having success downfield? His #1 receiver not giving a rats ass?

I think Mangini is very up front when he say he is going to play the guy that he feels gives us the best chance to win. Unless DA shits himself, I think he will continue to be the man under center.

But, I also think Quinn isn't done at a NFL QB. What the Brown's didn't have to support Quinn was a solid running game and a solid line. DA is a gunslinger and as you saw Sunday, he gets rid of the ball quick (sometimes before the WR gets out of his break and hits them in the helmet). Quinn is a WCO type QB and for him to be successful he needs a running game.

I agree. Anderson's team, Anderson's offense. The young guys will buy in. The vets like Furrey will buy in. No loudmouth prima donna. Addition by subtraction.

Zombo

Let it go.

I bet even Amber has purchased a pink Horseballs jersey by now.

Zombo

I agree. Anderson's team, Anderson's offense. The young guys will buy in. The vets like Furrey will buy in. No loudmouth prima donna. Addition by subtraction.

Zombo

BINGO....................I'm buying that

I disagree with you BE and DA's chemistry is very good and took years to build.

Uh, WTF are you talking about "years to build?"

First of all it didn't take years to develop, it happened in one season, and was undone in the next. In fact it started with one game - just like MoMass - against the Bengals.

Relax dude. You're way off the deep end.

Year to build? LOL....now that's fooking funny.

Guest Masters

First of all it didn't take years to develop, it happened in one season, and was undone in the next. In fact it started with one game - just like MoMass - against the Bengals.

Actually it started at the end of 2006 when DA started those few games. Him and BE hooked up a lot.

I know Anderson doesn't have the greatest accuracy...however, he seemed to find MoMass right where the ball needed to be. His routes looked pretty crisp to me. Timing is everything in the NFL. Edwards used to drive me nuts with his erratic route running. In turn, he often had to work hard for the catch. (again I wont place blame on only the WR...just saying).

I'm looking forward to seeing him and Robo progress and young WRs

I know Anderson doesn't have the greatest accuracy...however, he seemed to find MoMass right where the ball needed to be. His routes looked pretty crisp to me. Timing is everything in the NFL. Edwards used to drive me nuts with his erratic route running. In turn, he often had to work hard for the catch. (again I wont place blame on only the WR...just saying).

I'm looking forward to seeing him and Robo progress and young WRs

I really think this will be a good audition year for some of our young guys and let the staff know what direction to go in the draft. A shame Davis got put on IR, it would have been nice to see if he was a real option or just a training camp phenom.

This trade could go a long way in determining where we are in this rebuilding process. We'll see who steps up. I'm pulling for Robo.

You wont be too excited about the draft picks ...

I'm excited as hell about a third and a fifth for a guy we get nothing for if we keep him for four more games! A second and a fifth was all that the Giants were offering and we got a player in Stuckey who easily grades a quality fifth round success and a guy that's a ST ace with good size and speed. If Edwards actually produces and gets this up to a second and fifth, this was a fabulous trade!

Im going on record right now as saying BE is going to have another Pro Bowl year and be a huge reason they make it to the playoffs we really xxxxed up on this one. . . . The optimism of getting even a 3rd and 5th is outlandish, we got bent over!

If you are right about Edwards, it's a second and a fifth. Plus a guy drafted in the 7th two years ago that was the Jets #2 receiver Stuckey and a ST Ace. I'll take that for a guy who wasn't going to sign next year and might yet get suspended by the NFL.

Dude has 139 yards after 4 games. 78th in the NFL! Drops as many passes as he catches and is a CANCER. Who's going to give the Browns more value??

He ain't gettin us any wins NOW is the issue man. He has 10 catches this year. Yeah he commands a doubleteam.. so what.

Eventually he was going to have a break out game with DA, my bet was this weekend against Buffalo who he had a huge game against last year. You cant tell me you thought he was going to end the season with 10 catches can you? Get a grip man, we're playing for next year and less than a handful of wins this year! In fact since BE has been traded were now not favored to win the game against Buffalo on Vegas odds. They usually seem to be right! Thats a game we probably should have won!

Eventually he was going to have a break out game with DA, my bet was this weekend against Buffalo who he had a huge game against last year. You cant tell me you thought he was going to end the season with 10 catches can you? Get a grip man, we're playing for next year and less than a handful of wins this year! In fact since BE has been traded were now not favored to win the game against Buffalo on Vegas odds. They usually seem to be right! Thats a game we probably should have won!

You're making yourself look dumber and dumber man...

My point was that BE and DA have the most chemistry on the team and that chemistry was built at the end of 06 (Steelers/KC game) and in the offseason of 07 when BQ and Fry tied themselves to K2 and DA and BE developed with each other. They also became good friends to, its been well publicized. At the beginning of camp last year that chemistry that took YEARS to buiild was evident in the preseason opener vs the Jets, bad luck, bad coaching and a QB change however destroyed all of that! Going into this year and at the end of last BE knew he had to start gelling with BQ therefor that friendship and chemistry may have been lost with DA at the seasons start, but with DA and BE back in the lineup it was bound to come out at some point for him to have some big games. It wasn't made over night and BE wasn't a rookie in 07! If you think there is going to be even close to that much success with any other WR on this roster this year your INSANE!

You mean the same DA who stopped looking to even throw it to BE last week and instead lit Momass up for 140 and is now reported to be HAPPY BE is gone?

And we weren't going to be favored to beat Buffalo WITH Edwards....

Yeah, any given sunday! eventually he would of thrown Be's way and Be would have a big game, my guess was this weekend! And check Vegas odds bud we were a six point favorite now we're not!

Yeah, any given sunday! eventually he would of thrown Be's way and Be would have a big game, my guess was this weekend! And check Vegas odds bud we were a six point favorite now we're not!

Dude... who gives a shit if he gave us a couple of "breakout" games this year.

He's gone next year EITHER WAY, hes a CANCER, and he already gave up trying this year....

Go root for the jets dumbass.

Guest ATENEARS
My point was that BE and DA have the most chemistry on the team and that chemistry was built at the end of 06 (Steelers/KC game) and in the offseason of 07 when BQ and Fry tied themselves to K2 and DA and BE developed with each other. They also became good friends to, its been well publicized. At the beginning of camp last year that chemistry that took YEARS to buiild was evident in the preseason opener vs the Jets, bad luck, bad coaching and a QB change however destroyed all of that! Going into this year and at the end of last BE knew he had to start gelling with BQ therefor that friendship and chemistry may have been lost with DA at the seasons start, but with DA and BE back in the lineup it was bound to come out at some point for him to have some big games. It wasn't made over night and BE wasn't a rookie in 07! If you think there is going to be even close to that much success with any other WR on this roster this year your INSANE!

I still feel that Derek Anderson & Massaquoi lit things up last week because DA established some chemistry with him while running the scout teams, and #2's.

If so, you have to like that trait of DA in finding a connection with certain receivers. He seemed to love Joe J running consistient patterns and Robiskie and Massaquoi may provide that again ... add in Stukey and we may see DA's completiton percentages go up ... although there will be certain growing pains learning each other against real defenses.

Dude... who gives a shit if he gave us a couple of "breakout" games this year.

He's gone next year EITHER WAY, hes a CANCER, and he already gave up trying this year....

Go root for the jets dumbass.

You're a dick Adam the avoid button is a nice feature for dbags like you who cant have a debate without insulting someone. That will be the last thing I type in response to you and your moronic comments..

Archived