THE BROWNS BOARD

Busy Day... Crabtree Signs Deal

Koa

49ers end Michael Crabtree holdout, sign receiver to 6-year deal

08:49 AM

Yahoo! Buzz

The Michael Crabtree saga is over.

The 49ers confirmed the signing of the 10th overall draft pick to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat on early Wednesday morning after a 71-day holdout.

The paper reported Crabtree should be at practice on Wednesday.

The contract is for six years.

Crabtree went to San Francisco on Tuesday and began negotiating with 49ers officials after a month-long standoff. His advisors had suggested Crabtree would sit out the season and re-enter the draft if the 49ers didn't offer favorable financial terms. -- Sean Leahy

How ironic is it that I have Braylon Edwards / Michael Crabtree / and MoMass on my fantasy team?

Be went to a team where he might catch some balls.... Momass is startable now... crabtree will be the freshest receiver out there during the later part of the season and could make for some big games.

Neat!

How ironic is it that I have Braylon Edwards / Michael Crabtree / and MoMass on my fantasy team?

Be went to a team where he might catch some balls.... Momass is startable now... crabtree will be the freshest receiver out there during the later part of the season and could make for some big games.

Neat!

That is weird.

That is weird.

I'm just glad we got rid of Edwards....

We will really see what our receivers are capable of now. I think this puts a lot of pressure on DA and Harrison though because the defense won't be doubling anyone now. There could be more pressure in the pocket and less lanes to run through. But if DA can pull it together it leaves a lot of 1 on 1 opportunities for MoMass and Furrey. Both of which are on my bench right now btw... And Royal but he sucks ;(

the jets may have traded for braylon because crabtree signed. cause and effect.

True, but most likely it was because Mangini picked up the phone and said "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex, buddy! - what'll you gimmie for Edwards?"

Crabtree had better get ready. My hunch is that Singletary has been keeping a running total of the length of the holdout in the back of his mind all season long. I think Singletary will be fair to him, but if the way he handled Vernon Davis is any indication, we'll see a pretty entertaining sideline shot on ESPN the first time Crabtree runs the wrong route and waves his arms at the QB.

Dennis

True, but most likely it was because Mangini picked up the phone and said "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex, buddy! - what'll you gimmie for Edwards?"

then rex realized that you can't trade xxxl parkas and a hoagie for a wr so he gave up 2 players and 2 picks.

Archived