THE BROWNS BOARD

Chansi Stuckey

Kosar_For_President

If we dont get a 3 and 5 we got fleeced! Stuckey is a # 2 WR at best. This deal blows cock! All because BE allegedly punched some guy! There were no charges filled and BE wont be suspended, once again we got xxxxing fleeced and probable wont win another game this season! I hate Mangina!

If we dont get a 3 and 5 we got fleeced! Stuckey is a # 2 WR at best. This deal blows cock! All because BE allegedly punched some guy! There were no charges filled and BE wont be suspended, once again we got xxxxing fleeced and probable wont win another game this season! I hate Mangina!

Dude he was gone after this year. And not winning games was part of the decision. It was a solid trade.

Listen - When BE dropped the easy 4th down pass on a game-tying drive for Michigan vs OSU, we all knew what he was made of.

Then, in his FIRST freakin' game here he drops another simple 4th down conversion against the Saints it solidified it.

For years we've been hopeful that he would get past his dropsies, but we found that he is more like Chuck Knoblach and can't get it out of his head.

ADDITION by SUBTRACTION.

Dude, I wanted Chancy for BE straight up. We actually jobbed NY. They were desperate and we got WAAAY more than BE was worth. It's not because of the punch alone. BE is gone after this year and we traded him before his stock dropped any more. I was pulling for him but I've seen enough. All he is anymore is a name. He just doesn't get it.

PS. I think it's clear now who called the shots when it came to personel in NY. Mangini just ripped off the GM who many people here think did all the work. I'm going on record right now that I love that Mangenius!!

I posted this on another thread, but just heard a NY reporter saying they were not happy with his inability to stretch the field enough. I still like the deal.

This is true he can't stretch the field constantly but we already have that guy in Mo Mass. I think that's what he was brought in to do. What Stucky does do is CATCH. He's the prototypical #2 WR. I love this move. also.

This is true he can't stretch the field constantly but we already have that guy in Mo Mass. I think that's what he was brought in to do. What Stucky does do is CATCH. He's the prototypical #2 WR. I love this move. also.

I think he is more of a slot guy. Sure he plays the #2 in NY (and kind of the #3 at times). Stuckey wasn't able to stretch the field like NY needed because they had to rely on him to do so...their #1 Cotchery couldn't. Our new #1 (assuming) Mo Mass CAN do that. So it's actually a better fit for Stuckey in Cleveland. Cotchery is great but not that kind of WR. He'll benefit from BE stretching the field too.

Good move for both teams in terms of using WR as strengths in their system. Getting picks on top of that makes it nice too. It'll be interesting to see how we use/line up our WR core now...

What are you smoking? Braylon sucked.

Grossi got this e-mail from a Jets fan:

"Stuckey is was our number 2 receiver (but would be a number 3 on any other team). The guy is young (3rd year) and extremely hard worker with great character. As a slot receiver, he's going to be really good."

They could prep him to take over for Furrey next year. I hope it means we will see Cribbs in the backfield more and less at WR.

could be better then BE

Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

Guest Masters
Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

Of course we are

From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

Receivers who catch. Right. That's the ticket.

Let's just hope DA doesn't do him the discourtesy of hitting him in the face with a ball on a square out. :rolleyes:

I can hear it now

"Sanchez finds Edwards wide open over the top and......oh it fell right between his hands! Pass incomplete, 4th down coming up."

"New Browns wideout Chancy Stuckey was relatively ineffective in his browns debut catching 2 balls for 12 yards with one drop"

He will not be as good considering Braylon is not on the team anymore. If he is the #1 he will more than likely get shutout.

Braylon helped but Mo caught some balls with a safety over the top so I don't think he'll have trouble with safety help. I saw the kid take a shot in preseason on a slant and hung onto it. Also, one of his catches last week was between a corner and a fast approaching safety. He made the catch first, and then ducked. The kid is tough and he has great hands. He'll be fine. He has a number 1 WR's build and skill set. He was drafted to be the guy. I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon. But oh well, they did what they had to do. But MM wil be fine.

He may not be better than BE in Madden but for this team he's a better fit. He'll get his 60 catches and 5 TDs every year. 43 of those catches being for first downs with about an 8yd average. That's all he he needs to do here.

From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

and they were talking about how Stuckey drops easy passes!

I like this trade! I woulda rather had Clowney, but with the addition of the ST guy and the picks this was an excelent trade for a guy that was gone anyway and his been nothing but underproductive and a major distraction for almost 2 seasons now. Good Trade!

Doug

He may not be better than BE in Madden but for this team he's a better fit. He'll get his 60 catches and 5 TDs every year. 43 of those catches being for first downs with about an 8yd average. That's all he he needs to do here.

He's not a better fit per se because he isn't replacing Edwards, he's presumably replacing Furrey (in a related topic, maybe Furrey will go back to safety full-time now????). I understand the difference between Madden and real football, mo. I'm just not sure that Stuckey replaces Edwards in any significant way. We are noow counting on two rookies to be our outside threats, one of which (Robiskie) may or not be an NFL receiver.

And that's all you expect from Stuckey?? JUST 43 first downs???????? Not 100? Funny....

Bet the jet fans are excited about getting BE and watching sanchez's passer rating drop through the floor....muhahahaha!

I think stuckey is what this team needs desperately he is fast ,has fast response ,has some moves and good hands however at 6' i really hope mangini doesnt try to replace edwards with stuckey..MoMass would likely be more effective at the slot 1 inexperienced or not..;)

Now that BE is in NY he will probably catch everything within a mile of him...hehehehe ;)

As far as who got the best of the deal...it depends on if BE produces for the jets or if stuckey produces for us and what mankok does with the 3rd & 5th round picks and from what ive seen i tend to think we already got the better end of the stick with stuckey because edwards was close to useless here at least stuckey likely will produce with quick pops over the middle...;)

Edwards should be happy in NYC but he is a bitch so he wont be long...

Archived