THE BROWNS BOARD

Committed to build through the draft

car ramrod

I don't know about you guys but I feel good that we are doing this. Are team was and always have been pretenders. We got our hopes up after one decent year and a good free agency year.

Savage would go big and make us feel (well at least me) like we had a shot. We never really did in the first place.

We need real talent and the only way to do that is through the draft. You never see the Steelers go and spend big money on free agents. Thats because they draft them and let them sit behind veterens while they get developed. see Harrison

And the reason I feel good is because new people are involved as far as the drafting process goes. I know some of you guys hate this past years draft but we do not know how good or bad it is yet. I think it will eventually be good. But moving back and picking extra picks if your not in LOVE with someone is the best thing to do. Thats what Belichick does every year.

I dont know what it is but I really think Mack is going to be a stud. If you look at the last game he did a GREAT job in my opinion and he is only going to get better.

MoMass, Veiken (wow I totally did not spell that right), Francies, Davis and even Miavia. Look like they all have potential.

Robo will eventually be a good pro player. Not great but good. It will take a minute though.

KEEP BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT AND ONE DAY WE WILL HAVE A GOOD TEAM.

BE PATIENT......

Agree with the draft....but with this trade...another #1 pick by browns is missed. I hope to holy heaven these guys don't miss with draft. Veikune better start showing up in games, and I think now we have to see Robiske(ready or not)

Agree with the draft....but with this trade...another #1 pick by browns is missed. I hope to holy heaven these guys don't miss with draft. Veikune better start showing up in games, and I think now we have to see Robiske(ready or not)

Its going to take some time solon. Espeically with WR's. Everyone wanted Maclin. Well he has a whopping 6 catches for 45 yards this season. I think he will be good but again it will take time.

And that is why I feel confident in Mangini's ability to draft good NFL players. Savage made one good pick in the draft and that was Joe Thomas. The ONE time he didnt go with the sexy pick ended up his best pick, go figure.

The key is for the Browns to use what might be a #1-5 overall plus what might be a couple seconds and an extra fifth to end up with about four picks in the first two rounds AND a third round pick. If Mack, Mo, and Robo all become/remain serious contributors and then we get 3-4 more contributors in the draft, we're laying a serious foundation.

The Browns also need 2-3 serious free agents in the offseason. I'm thinking a cornerback and a right tackle. That leaves RB, TE, DE, and OLB as big draft targets.

Ummmm...QB?

The key is for the Browns to use what might be a #1-5 overall plus what might be a couple seconds and an extra fifth to end up with about four picks in the first two rounds AND a third round pick. If Mack, Mo, and Robo all become/remain serious contributors and then we get 3-4 more contributors in the draft, we're laying a serious foundation.

The Browns also need 2-3 serious free agents in the offseason. I'm thinking a cornerback and a right tackle. That leaves RB, TE, DE, and OLB as big draft targets.

I'll take a RT in FA. And in the draft QB, LB, S, LB, DE, LB, CB, RB, TE in that order. If you don't love a QB like Bradford then go S (assuming Berry is there), LB, LB, DE, LB, CB, RB, TE, DE or whatever.

All I know is that we need LBers. Our LBers get tossed around and when they are in position they forget how to tackle. God it drives me nuts. I swear if I was in there I would do better than our LB. But I also run 3.9 forty and can do 72 225pound reps. :lol::lol:

I really hope mangini does build by draft only..some things he is doing now would indicate a very slow natural "build by draft" instead of an complete overhaul...not a bad thing i guess but he needs to make sure each piece he installs will be a serious impact-ish upgrade at least over time as compared to what currently exists at many positions...;)

Tebow has really come into his own as a passer, and is only going to get better. He's definitely more accurate than Big Gay Ben, more mobile, nice arm. the only knock against him is his offensive system, the fact that he runs the spread. Ive done my research. Mccoy will do well if he is drafted by Denver, he is a system QB and needs a good line and quick route running recivers. Bradford? Please Ive been searching the net as to why this guy should be a 1st rounder, Ive watched his videos, alot of those TD passes would be EASILY picked off by NFL corners, he has some pretty sweet wideouts, and a KILLER offensiveline, he has all day to throw

But I must say he has a nice arm and is VERY accurate, but I have questions about his ability to throw the fade in the NFL, he doesnt get alot of loft on his ball

Guest 88fingerslewy

Anyone know what our total for draft picks is next yr?

Some guy on the OBR said it was 11. Seems kinda high, what past deals have I forgotten? I count 9 next yr.

Tebow shouldn't be a top 3 pick. Guy isn't a NFL QB.

why because he can run and throw?

Accuracy: check

Arm: check

Intelligence: check

Mobility: check +

Competition: check

Experience: check

Pro- Offense: X

Production: Check

TD/Int Ratio: Check

why because he can run and throw?

Accuracy: check

Arm: check

Intelligence: check

Mobility: check +

Competition: check

Experience: check

Pro- Offense: X

Production: Check

TD/Int Ratio: Check

He gets an X in the most important category.

Overrated arm, not a pocket passer, struggles reading defense. Listen, Tebow is a great college QB, but he isn't a NFL QB. They don't go hand in hand.

The Browns picks are right now:

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd(conditional maybe to 2nd if BE catches enough balls)

4th

5th

5th(Winslow deal)

5th(BE deal)

6th

7th

Conditional pick(from LL deal. Not sure if we will recieve anything or not)

That is probably where they are getting 11 from right now.

Ummmm...QB?

The most comforting thing about our team situaton right now is that we don't have to worry about the QB anymore. We can just sign Cleo Lemon or Culpepper or something to back up DA. We're finally in good shape there. Definately not a draft option.

Again, why are we talking draft in October?

Although Bryant is a stud, ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

We have 3 young WR's MoMass, Robo and now Stuckey. We have alot more worries than WR. Like you know.... a QB.

I agree. I don't think we look receiver unless a unbelievable talent falls in our laps come round 3 or 4.

I am normally a BPA guy, and still am really, but right now I think there will be enough comparable talent at other positions that WR isn't a pick anytime soon.

The most comforting thing about our team situaton right now is that we don't have to worry about the QB anymore. We can just sign Cleo Lemon or Culpepper or something to back up DA. We're finally in good shape there. Definately not a draft option.

Again, why are we talking draft in October?

Dude...DA isn't it!!! sorry but We are NOT in good shape! we are 0-4...and taking a QB with possible the #1 pick in the whole fkn draft....IS A PROBABILTY of the highest percentile! u truly aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer....

Archived