THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon trade question

PlayoffsIN09

I can not find any info regarding how many TD/catches Braylon would need for our 3rd rounder to become a 2nt. Any help?

Undisclosed. Most say it is high enough to most likely not be reached. Probably 80 catches in 12 games or some shit like that. I know it wasn't about yardage.

adam scheffter from espn reported it will likely be a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

So Mangini has traded 2nd round pick for Winslow (who's on pace for about 70 catches) and a 3rd rounder for Edwards... well, the good news is compared to Mangini trading Vilma to New Orleans for a 4th rounder, these trades look good.

Still, one might want to reconsider giving Mangini authority over the GM given such a track record.

So Mangini has traded 2nd round pick for Winslow (who's on pace for about 70 catches) and a 3rd rounder for Edwards... well, the good news is compared to Mangini trading Vilma to New Orleans for a 4th rounder, these trades look good.

Still, one might want to reconsider giving Mangini authority over the GM given such a track record.

Well either he put the Jets roster together or he didn't. Which is it genius?

adam scheffter from espn reported it will likely be a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

I think he is asking what triggers the 3rd into becoming a 2nd. The trade had conditions on the 3rd rounder. Most are saying the conditions are based on catches and the amount is pretty high.

Winslow on pace for 70 catches? LOL!!! Talk about stupid.

I thought the same thing, but...

Winslow: 17 Rec 155 yards 2 tds

Season: 68 Rec 620 yards 8 tds (on pace for)

So if you wanna say you're right and he'll fall short by 2 receptions....go for it, but otherwise I say to you "RestinPeace making comments without doing research? LOL!!! Talk about stupid."

What makes you think he could get more??

We traded him for the best offer we could get. I don't doubt, I know Mangini didn't pass up better offers just to get less or make a deal with the Jets.

Some of you guys put too much stock in to where a guy was drafted and what he brings in the trade market.

Did Edwards have a good year last year?

Was Edwards having a good year this year??

Was Edwards likely to be lost as a FA after this season??

Does Edwards have some baggage??

Answer those questions. Once I did it makes it look like a 3rd, 5th, and a couple of players is a pretty good deal.

It is all about projection. When Kellen needs a few games off or gets suspended for blowing his horn, his "projection" won't mean much now. The money the dude wants vs. production is funny.

That we can agree on. Just imagine that dude with a straight head and 2 good knees.....he would be scary good

if stuckey can put up #2 WR numbers, and MoMass can continue like he did last week, there are no downsides to this trade. Those are 2 IF's though... relatively big ones. We'll see....

I don't think anyone thinks Stucky is a legit #2. I think he's considered a guy capable of becoming a good slot receiver. That's fine with me, though.

We were going to keep paying Braylon like a #1 receiver for his one good year and to get defenses to roll their coverage to him. Difference between him and REAL #1 receivers are that real #1s 1) catch the ball, and 2) make tough catches in traffic. Braylon could stretch the field, but that's all. Save the $$. Let the Jets pay him like a #1 either through a new contract or by franchising him and we'll see how that works out.

Actually here's a better prospective. They traded Winslow, who was demanding a new contract, for a 2nd round pick that turned out to be MoMass. Winslow could get to 70 catches if he stays healthy, which is a big if. BTW, Winslow now has a contract worth about $36 million. Let's don't even go to the Prima-donna shit and his injury history.

Edwards, a very disgruntled player and cancer in the clubhouse. He said last week that he was only here for this year. He wasn't going to resign and he was going to be a pain in the ass for the rest of the year. He constantly complained because he wasn't the focal point of this offense. So, we get a 3rd for Edwards. Oooooppps, you forgot that 3rd could be upgraded to a 2nd. Plus you forgot the 5th that goes with it and two solid players. One is an emerging WR that has better numbers then Edwards this year. The other is last weeks AFC special teams player of the week.

So, the good news really is, thanks Mangini for getting rid of the cancers, the overpaid prima-donnas and getting some value in return. Two fantastic deals. As far as Kokinis, what makes you think he wasn't involved in this trade. Everyone assumes it was Mangini who made the trade, but the New York media says Tannabaum (sp) says he worked the details out with the Brown's GM. That this the trade talks had been ongoing for about a month.

All I can say is nice job by the staff for getting us moving in the right direction.

Guest Masters

To be fair, MoMass is still really an unknown commodity (even Andre Davis had a really good game his rookie year in CLE, and a similar his second year).

To say Stuckey is an emerging WR is to say Nate Washington is. Stuckey put up decent number last year w/ Favre at QB (what 2nd or 3rd WR option hasn't had numbers similar w/ Favre at QB?). His numbers are the same as Edwards this year, but he is emerging (and got traded)?

Both guys may end up being fine players in CLE, but let's not make them out to be something they haven't proven themselves to be. It's as silly as when before last season people were trying to say Edwards was one of the best, if not the best WR in the NFL.

To be fair, MoMass is still really an unknown commodity (even Andre Davis had a really good game his rookie year in CLE, and a similar his second year).

To say Stuckey is an emerging WR is to say Nate Washington is. Stuckey put up decent number last year w/ Favre at QB (what 2nd or 3rd WR option hasn't had numbers similar w/ Favre at QB?). His numbers are the same as Edwards this year, but he is emerging (and got traded)?

Both guys may end up being fine players in CLE, but let's not make them out to be something they haven't proven themselves to be. It's as silly as when before last season people were trying to say Edwards was one of the best, if not the best WR in the NFL.

The point was not that these guys are going to come here and be All Pro. The point was to say we didn't give Edwards away, we got a good return of players and draft picks for a expiring contract, underachieving cancer.

Guest Masters
The point was not that these guys are going to come here and be All Pro. The point was to say we didn't give Edwards away, we got a good return of players and draft picks for a expiring contract, underachieving cancer.

See, I am not willing to say that yet. It's all pie in the sky right now. We'll see if either player received makes any significant contribution and those draft picks amount to anything (not like we can say the Browns are known for making the most out of draft picks).

It's always nice to get something (though not like Edwards was leaving for nothing, he is going to be a RFA, so at minimum there would have been a compensation pick) instead of nothing. But in reality, CLE may still end up getting nothing out of it.

I thought the same thing, but...

Winslow: 17 Rec 155 yards 2 tds

Season: 68 Rec 620 yards 8 tds (on pace for)

So if you wanna say you're right and he'll fall short by 2 receptions....go for it, but otherwise I say to you "RestinPeace making comments without doing research? LOL!!! Talk about stupid."

He has to stay healthy enough to make it through the season..how many seasons do you think he has? Long term thinking, smart thinking was behind that trade..

Archived