THE BROWNS BOARD

Glazer on the Browns

chumpchange

QUESTION — Rob from Tulsa, Okla, on the Braylon Edwards trade from Cleveland to the N.Y. Jets: "Please give me your take on him with the Jets."

Jay Glazer: I know Braylon Edwards is pretty much the happiest human being on the planet right about now, and I'd say that Chansi Stuckey is pretty much the saddest.

Braylon's always been wanting to play in a big city like the Big Apple for his whole career — wanting to be that high-profile guy. He's certainly a deep threat, but has had problems with dropped passes — he's basically had a case of the yips. Hopefully the Jets can do a better job than the Browns of finding a cure.

But once again, the Jets get a great value and a heck of a deal in working a trade with Cleveland. And what's up with Eric Mangini — he gets fired from the Jets, then he keeps helping the Jets?

QUESTION — John Sherman from Endicott, N.Y., on the Seahawks: "Is there a chance the Seahawks will pick up a QB before the trade deadline ends, like Brady Quinn?"

Jay Glazer: If I were either Seattle, St. Louis or Carolina — teams that need a QB for the future, I'd call and try to trade for Brady Quinn. I would.

I don't know if Cleveland would be willing to deal him, but it doesn't make sense to keep a young QB and not let him take his lumps on the field. If you have a young QB, let him grow. Let him take his lumps out there. Otherwise he's just a waste. If they can get something from him, go for it.

Guest TheJokersWILD
QUESTION — Rob from Tulsa, Okla, on the Braylon Edwards trade from Cleveland to the N.Y. Jets: "Please give me your take on him with the Jets."

Jay Glazer: I know Braylon Edwards is pretty much the happiest human being on the planet right about now, and I'd say that Chansi Stuckey is pretty much the saddest.

Braylon's always been wanting to play in a big city like the Big Apple for his whole career — wanting to be that high-profile guy. He's certainly a deep threat, but has had problems with dropped passes — he's basically had a case of the yips. Hopefully the Jets can do a better job than the Browns of finding a cure.

But once again, the Jets get a great value and a heck of a deal in working a trade with Cleveland. And what's up with Eric Mangini — he gets fired from the Jets, then he keeps helping the Jets?

QUESTION — John Sherman from Endicott, N.Y., on the Seahawks: "Is there a chance the Seahawks will pick up a QB before the trade deadline ends, like Brady Quinn?"

Jay Glazer: If I were either Seattle, St. Louis or Carolina — teams that need a QB for the future, I'd call and try to trade for Brady Quinn. I would.

I don't know if Cleveland would be willing to deal him, but it doesn't make sense to keep a young QB and not let him take his lumps on the field. If you have a young QB, let him grow. Let him take his lumps out there. Otherwise he's just a waste. If they can get something from him, go for it.

No matter what DA does, BQ never got his chance to prove his worth and if you call what he did last year and the 2 1/2 games this year a fair chance, kill yourself. DA had his chance and lost it, BQ neer had time to prove he was a good OR bad QB

No matter what DA does, BQ never got his chance to prove his worth and if you call what he did last year and the 2 1/2 games this year a fair chance, kill yourself. DA had his chance and lost it, BQ neer had time to prove he was a good OR bad QB

Could not agree more. Quinn fan or DA lover, no matter who your "favorite" was/is.... 2 1/2 games with this new staff is all Quinn gets? I just cannot understand why DA got what 9-11 games between the end of 07 and last year when he was absolutely horrible. But kept gettin the ball...just to keep throwing it into the ground or to another jersey color. And Quinn gets 2 1/2 games?

We probably will never know what the kid can do.....

Archived