THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody read . . .

Chip Banks

He and BE were friends. Quinn made a statement of support. If Mangini takes it as a fook you to him, or Quinn meant it that way, it's High Schoolish. If you guys think that is what's going on here you're crazy.

Don't be naive.

He's too smart to not realize what wearing the shoes of a traded player means; it means he wants to be in that player's shoes (ie. traded).

That's all there is to it. He feels slighted, and he's making his desires known.

He wants out.

I must not watch enough sports I don't remember hearing about players weaing other players clothes to practice as a nod to thier friend being traded.

To me THAT's the highschool mentality. "Bye Braylon, we'll miss you!"

Tomorrow it's Braylon's Wolverine's letterman sweater.

Maybe Edwards pinned Quinn right before he got traded?

If it was to support a guy that wouldn't even know about it but for the "off chance" that Marla would ask him about his cute orange shoes, it's got to be the gayest thing I've ever heard of.

Let's hope it was some form of protest.

Guest Masters
I must not watch enough sports I don't remember hearing about players weaing other players clothes to practice as a nod to thier friend being traded.

To me THAT's the highschool mentality. "Bye Braylon, we'll miss you!"

Oh, they wear clothes, use some dudes glove, batting helmet, bat, etc. Usually for a day or two. Now if they show up later outside of practice, then you got something of a jab.

Of course it is a bit schoolgirlish. So are good by parties for people who leave a job or other stuff like that imo. Let's remember, most pro athletes go about their lives like they are still little kids. They are being paid to play a game.

Guest Masters
How much would I be willing to be that MOST of those players who traded (or more likely left via free agency) we not considered "difficult" players. Did anyone in Boston wear something of Manny's?

Again, I think context is everything in a situation like this. And Quinn should be smart enough to understand that context.

Oh, I'd agree in most other cases the guy wasn't considered "difficult".

Everyone doesn't always think or expect something as innocuous as this to cause any kind of stir.

Only Quinn knows what his true intention/meaning was. Everything else is rampent rumor and speculation. So is drawing conclusions about what kind of teammate or team guy Quinn is based on a pair of shoes.

As opposed to being cynical.

Seriously tho dude, Quinn is a very smart guy. He's not stupid enough to wear the guys shoes and not expect people to think he wants out of Cleveland. So, if he didn't want people to think that, he wouldn't wear the shoes.

Guest Masters
Seriously tho dude, Quinn is a very smart guy. He's not stupid enough to wear the guys shoes and not expect people to think he wants out of Cleveland. So, if he didn't want people to think that, he wouldn't wear the shoes.

That has nothing to do with intellegence. Again, why does it have to be more than just a nod to a teammate and friend? Because people want to read into it. Jesus, you could read shit like that into everything and anything if you really wanted to.

It's a pair of freakin shoes.

Guest Masters
See I don't even think it has to be taken that seriously.

I think Quinn could be saying as little as "Braylon didn't get treated fairly here".

It doesn't have to mean he wants out too.

This I fully agree with.

Right there you get back to my other original point, which is making Quinn wearing the shoes out to be a fact about anything. It can mean nothing more than "hey, you will be missed (like something to a falle comrade)", "Braylon didn't get treated fairly here", or it could me "I want to be in Edwards shoes". You can draw all kinds of different conclusions if you really want to.

To me, its a pair of shoes, and move on (unless Quinn is still wearing them today and on Sunday).

Guest Masters
But for me two out of those three things it COULD MEAN are things that don't need to be said. and the other especially if you are treating him like a "fallen comrade" is even iffy.

again, I don't think it's as big as some are making it, but I don't think it's "just a pair of shoes".

We'd agree that none of it needs to be said.

When I say its just a pair of shoes, I just mean that its nothing worth making anything out of, or reading into what kind of team guy anyone is.

Guest Masters
One last question (almost 5 you know ;) ). and this is where My opinion rests.

Do you think Quinn still puts those shoes on if he's still the starter on this team and not the backup?

It's a very good and intersting question and you know, I don't really know. It all would go back to the motivation for him wearing them. If it was only as a nod to a teammate and friend, I'd say yes he probably does.

If there is deeper meaning to Quinn wearing them, then of course no.

Don't be naive.

He's too smart to not realize what wearing the shoes of a traded player means; it means he wants to be in that player's shoes (ie. traded).

That's all there is to it. He feels slighted, and he's making his desires known.

He wants out.

Ok, I can buy this. I wasn't thinking of it that way.

And I don't really blame him. He has no chance of playing in Cleveland again unless both DA and Ratliff get injured in the same game. Even then, they may put in Cribbs.

Guest TheJokersWILD
!!!!NEWS ALERT!!!

BQ got busted smelling BE's locker, lounge chair for manscent

Tomorrow it's Braylon's Wolverine's letterman sweater.

Maybe Edwards pinned Quinn right before he got traded?

If it was to support a guy that wouldn't even know about it but for the "off chance" that Marla would ask him about his cute orange shoes, it's got to be the gayest thing I've ever heard of.

Let's hope it was some form of protest.

Wow, this thread is dripping of gayness. (Tip-toes quickly and quietly out of thread) sSc_escape.gif

Archived