THE BROWNS BOARD

Coaches on the hot seat?

DumAssWhiteGuy

After the Browns shwed some life for Mangini last weekend the talk has died down a little on the fire Mangini front so let's look at some coaches who probably won't survive the year.

Jim Zorn, Washington Redskins. Owner Dan Snyder is not known as a patient man and expects more of this team after his (annual) pursuit of high priced FA's. With a lackluster offense struggling to score points and already an embarrasing loss to Detroit look for Zorn to get fired NLT November 16thas the losses pile up. Happy Thanksgiving Jim Zorn!

Dick Jauron, Buffalo Bills. Firing the OC before the season never a good sign, having your O look like shit after firing the OC an even worse sign. In three and a half years in Buffalo Dick hasn't had a winning season and he wasn't a good HC with Chicago either before that. Owner Ralph Wilson approaching 90 years old and wants to leave behind a winner...Could losing to Cleveland (We hope) this weekend be the straw that breaks the camel's back? TO is about ready to implode!

Raheem Morris, Tampa Bay Bucs. He may get cut some slack for being a new coach but once again firing your OC before the season is never good. Jon Gruden was just fired at the end of last year after this team went 9-7 and failed to get into the playoffs, has the talent level dropped off that much? Gruden was known to stock QB's and they drafted another in the draft but yet they can't get any consistent play from the position.

Norv Turner, San Diego Chargers. To say this team has been a disappointment this season after most predicted them in the AFC Championship game is an understatement. Their defense has let them down in big games and even made Oakland look like they had some semblance of an offense. When your GM wields a lot of power in the organization and has already fired successful HC's in the recent past such as Marty after his 13-3 record then you must be looking over your shoulder especially after the GM calls out the team in the press this week.

I'm sure there are probably at least two more I could have put here such as Wade Phillips, etc but you get the point.

Guest Masters
OK let's make a bet now. WHo's the NEXT team to give Norv "I've never won anything" Turner another shot at being a HC?

I'll never understand how him and Wade Philips keep getting HC'ing jobs.

Mangini is dealing with a nasty inherited mess as well as can be expected...i was for mangini.. before i was against mangini.. before i was for mangini again...we can actually see his work unfolding one piece at a time right before our eyes..up til now i believe this season to mangini has been more about installing rule and discipline and setting the foundation with guys that want to play while exposing the troublespots openly for everyone to see...

Now that the basics are in place coming up with a winning formula and actually winning along with getting some experience for our rookie building blocks is the next logical step forward..we still need many pieces but i think we could have the whole foundation laid after next years draft with mangini stacking picks and at that point its just a matter of the cement drying...before we can build the actual structure...;)

RobA: Go get some rest...

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer what you did...I appreciate it... When you are rested up, please come back and fill me in on the rest if you can..

jdeck: thanks for the reply

Archived