THE BROWNS BOARD

Everyone Ready To Go 0-5 ??

Rooster Dick

Derek Anderson is not the answer. Whats everyone going to be saying after this game? "Well, he moved the ball down the field" "Hey, he scored a touchdown" "We are improving... almost there!" "He was 20 for 50 in completions, but he made some good throws" "His 3 interceptions were not the reason we lost the game..." "DA commands the offense so much better than Quinn, it's the D that let us down" "He lost his favorite receiver in Braylon, so we expected a game like this"

ZZZZZzzzzz.... you people put me to sleep. If you think this guy is any better than Quinn, then you all must be smoking some wacky weed. He gives us ZERO chance to win, even against the worst teams in the league.

I don't give two shats about what you guys say about the Bengals being a good football team. So they beat an overrated Steelers team, whoooptie freakin' do. The Bungals have, and always will be an awful team. They are the type of team that you look forward to playing on Sunday.

DA was put to rest last season for a reason. Why do you hash smokers think he's going to bring anything this time? Quinn -- 3 games this season and his career is finished? You must not have watched his performance against Buffalo last season. The kid showed some mad skillz, and I remember a lot of you on here were hyping him up. I'm sure it's all Quinn that we lost the first games of the season.... not the dumpy offensive coordinator... not the slow receivers who can't get open.... not the tippy toe running back Lewis who got 1st and 2nd down touches (EVERY TIME) .... not the fresh offensive line who are finally starting to gel together.

Give it a rest

I wouldn't write DA off totally. Our defense is decimated with injuries.

Also, our tampa cover-2 allows a lot of QBs the ability to put up big numbers, just not big plays.

Byron Leftwich (Yes, that same one from TB) put up 298 yards and 3 TDs.

Not to mention when we finally figured out how to slow down the hottest QB in the league with Drew Brees in that week, we obviously forgot to focus on the run game as we were torn apart on the ground.

chickenwang... you have to understand that half of these people on this board have no concept of thinking down the road. They like instant gratification. They wont realize he's the better QB until we start winning games with him under center, which will be later this year

i haven't heard many, if any say DA is the answer.

everyone but you last few in the bastion wont except that boy wonder isn't either.

you....give it a rest.

you dont know that, almost all QB's sucks in their first 6 NFL games. I dont understand why everyone wrote off Quinn after 2 1/2 games. You can develop after a season or two ya know, and you do know that we have the time

0-5? Hell, I'm prepared for the whole season. I already have my jersey.

owen16.jpg

Hey! That's gimmick infringement!

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry111271

Anyways, I was also agreeing with your post until you pulled out the Quinn crap. No, DA is not the answer. The only thing the Manwagoners have is the fact that DA is better than Quinn (at the moment, and maybe or maybe not forever after), and that 'aint saying much.

We need a new QB. One that isn't on the roster.

-Al

Hey! That's gimmick infringement!

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry111271

Anyways, I was also agreeing with your post until you pulled out the Quinn crap. No, DA is not the answer. The only thing the Manwagoners have is the fact that DA is better than Quinn (at the moment, and maybe or maybe not forever after), and that 'aint saying much.

We need a new QB. One that isn't on the roster.

-Al

Arg, you caught me. :lol:

I couldn't help it, it was a perfect situation to post.

i haven't heard many, if any say DA is the answer.

everyone but you last few in the bastion wont except that boy wonder isn't either.

you....give it a rest.

I would admit it in a second if BQ had a reasonable evaluation period and sucked i am not impressed with what daboll/mangini did to him or how poorly he performed against 3 bad ass teams...but its not right to judge him on 5 nfl starts in 3 years..

Keep in mind bq won the qb derby and DA has only faced cincy i wouldnt be suprized if DA implodes as usual against a better team like the steelers but i wouldnt be suprized if he doesnt either under a new regime..DA is playing his last card for his very existance as a starter in the nfl if he fails bq will get to play his last card..

My opinion is mangini doesnt trust or like either of them very much and they have both been unimpressive thusfar and both require further evaluation..both are huge question marks..

Can DA actually remain fairly consistant and read defenses and not throw the picks against strong teams yet still win games 32 starts later?

Can BQ even throw downfield or throw with accuracy or gain a first down..can he even tie his own shoes?

The best thing mangini can do to end this stupid 10 year controversy is dump both these guys get a qb in the draft they believe they can build around make ratty number 2 and then there will be no controversy...ratty couldnt challenge his own shadow in a qb competition and win...;)

Derek Anderson is not the answer. Whats everyone going to be saying after this game? "Well, he moved the ball down the field" "Hey, he scored a touchdown" "We are improving... almost there!" "He was 20 for 50 in completions, but he made some good throws" "His 3 interceptions were not the reason we lost the game..." "DA commands the offense so much better than Quinn, it's the D that let us down" "He lost his favorite receiver in Braylon, so we expected a game like this"

ZZZZZzzzzz.... you people put me to sleep. If you think this guy is any better than Quinn, then you all must be smoking some wacky weed. He gives us ZERO chance to win, even against the worst teams in the league.

I don't give two shats about what you guys say about the Bengals being a good football team. So they beat an overrated Steelers team, whoooptie freakin' do. The Bungals have, and always will be an awful team. They are the type of team that you look forward to playing on Sunday.

DA was put to rest last season for a reason. Why do you hash smokers think he's going to bring anything this time? Quinn -- 3 games this season and his career is finished? You must not have watched his performance against Buffalo last season. The kid showed some mad skillz, and I remember a lot of you on here were hyping him up. I'm sure it's all Quinn that we lost the first games of the season.... not the dumpy offensive coordinator... not the slow receivers who can't get open.... not the tippy toe running back Lewis who got 1st and 2nd down touches (EVERY TIME) .... not the fresh offensive line who are finally starting to gel together.

Give it a rest

well said my man, well said....

Browns deserve to be 0-5 . They draft so high each year and vomit on themselves.

Since 1999 the rebirth of the Browns they have selected in the first round:

Tim Couch

Courtney Brown

Gerard Warren

William Green

Jeff Faine

Kellen Winslow

Braylon Edwards

Kamerion Wimbley

Joe Thomas

Brady Quinn

Alex Mack

Seems like without Ozzie Newsome the Browns imploded. Irony is 31 teams do not have Ozzie and most of them do quite well. Ozzie put a Super Bowl winner together 4 years after leaving Cleveland.

Give it a rest

You mean this game ?

14 36 185 38.9 55.9

completing 39% of his passes with a QB rating of 55.9 is showing mad skills?

How come when BQ is on the bench all of a sudden the offense looks like it can actually play? Over the last 30 games that the Browns have played (this is the period DA has sucked in) the Browns are 10 wins and 20 losses. During this time DA lead Browns are 9 wins and 10 losses and the rest of the QBs are a combined 1 win and 9 losses. BQ himself is 1 win and 5 losses.

I was all for letting BQ stay in for 10 games, and I actually think he should have gotten that shot. But he didn't. And in the game and a half this year BQ looked like a possible starting QB for one drive and that was against a prevent defense.

I am going to post something I had on another post that shows what DA has done over the last 19 games when he has "sucked".

These are DA's stats for his last 19 STARTS. The Starts that most people have said he has been terrible on

29 48 364 60.4 0 1 0.0 75.3

16 35 123 45.7 3 0 0.0 83.4

24 38 274 63.2 0 1 1.0 73.8

24 35 253 68.6 2 1 1.0 96.5

21 41 304 51.2 2 2 1.0 71.6

16 29 185 55.2 2 1 0.0 83.3

9 24 137 37.5 0 0 1.0 57.1

29 48 251 60.4 2 4 1.0 53.4

11 20 152 55.0 1 1 1.0 75.4

11 24 114 45.8 1 0 1.0 74.0

18 32 166 56.3 0 2 2.0 44.5

14 37 125 37.8 1 3 4.0 22.9

15 24 138 62.5 1 1 1.0 74.7

18 29 310 62.1 2 0 0.0 121.3

14 37 136 37.8 1 0 1.0 57.9

14 27 246 51.9 1 0 1.0 95.6

17 33 219 51.5 2 1 1.0 80.2

16 26 110 61.5 0 0 3.0 71.0

26 48 269 54.2 1 1 2.0 68.8

9 Wins 10 Losses for a team that when DA does not start is 1 win and 9 losses during the same time period (I am only counting the second half and beyond of 2007 otherwise it is DA 13 Wins and 12 Losses and rest of time from 2007 to now is 1 Win and 10 Losses when DA does not start)

342 completions 605 Atts 56.53% 3876 yards 22 TDs and 19 INTS and 2 Rushing TDs. Sacked 22 times (1.16 times a game)

These are not HoF numbers but they are really not that bad for a young QB during the period of time that most people on the board are saying DA is playing Horrible. Inconsitant for sure. And there are several horrible games in the mix.

1 rating of 121

2 ratings of 95 or better

3 ratings of 80 or better

7 ratings in the 70's

1 rating of 68.8 (last week)

5 ratings of below 60

That would be on average 6 above average games, 7 or 8 good enough to win games (most people would say last week was at least average) and 5 totally unacceptable games. Again not HoF material, but not as bad as some make it seem for a 26 year old QB. Basically during the period of time when DA is playing horrible he has performed at least average or acceptable football 74% of the time. In addition over the last 30 Browns games DA has produced 90% of the wins and only 50% of the losses, all the time while playing "horrible".

I am not in any way saying that DA is the answer, but on this team right now he is not a bad option to be a stop gap.

BQ's 6 starts

23 35 239 65.7 2 0 0.0 104.3

14 36 185 38.9 0 0 1.0 55.9

8 18 94 44.4 0 2 0.0 21.3

21 35 205 60.0 1 1 5.0 74.1

18 31 161 58.1 0 1 4.0 58.7

6 8 34 75.0 0 1 1.0 42.7

1 Win 5 Losses

90 Comp 163 Atts 55% 918 Yards 3 TDs and 5 Ints 0 Rushing TDs Sacked 11 times (1.83 times a game)

I probably should not have put BQ's stats in there as they are really not revelant to what I am saying. But, When I post one I like to post the other.

I feel I am addressing what you are saying as I am only posting stats from DA's horrible play over the last 19 games. And during that same period of time DA lead the Browns to 4 come from behind victories or you could say 4 times more victories than the Browns have had without DA starting. And during that 19 games the Browns have scored 380 points for an average of 20 a game. In the games he did not start the Browns scored 111 points for an average of 11.1 a game. And this is only over the 30 games the Browns have played, not the first half of 2007, only during the 'horrible" DA span.

And yes I am talking about games started.

I can agree that DA is not the long term answer but I do feel that he can be the bridge between now and when the Browns actually get a franchise QB.

People always said that DA did not pass the smell test of a QB, well how can you possibly say that BQ has. And if you want to see DA's first 6 starts VS BQ's first 6 starts then I would be happy to post them for you, but I can promise they will be in BQ's favor.

Guest TheJokersWILD
0-5? Hell, I'm prepared for the whole season. I already have my jersey.

owen16.jpg

I feel bad for Cribbs is we go 0-16. If I was him, I would be in Mangini's office tommorrow demanding a number change. If we do go 0-16, do you think he is going to want people associating his face with THAT record???

Archived