THE BROWNS BOARD

James Davis Drama

DestinFunk

I'd suggest you read the thread instead of chastizing mz the pussy.

What are you guys going out or something? He opens his mouth all the time before having the facts straight. I on the other hand want to wait for all the facts. Pretty simple stuff.

Nothing questionable about Carey or Steptoe, they got hurt practicing. We'll see what comes out with Davis. Some of you have a hard on for Mangini and that clouds your judgement.

What are you guys going out or something? He opens his mouth all the time before having the facts straight. I on the other hand want to wait for all the facts. Pretty simple stuff.

Vegas...please get on topic. This thread is not about mz the pussy, it is about James Davis. If you disagree with mz the pussy, fine, but no need to go on and on about HIM. Talk the subject.

thanks

Guest Masters

One article on Steptoe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4388347

He and his agent seem to think there was something questionable going on (we'll of course likely never know what becomes of any grievence they file).

Carey ended up with a shoulder injury during one of those similar type of practices, and there was speculation and question at the time regarding the Browns handling of it, and how it occured.

Like I said, it all may be nothing. But that's smoke and you can't just sweep it under the rug as nothing, at least not yet. Once is nothing, twice is questionable, three times has to raise a flag.

One article on Steptoe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4388347

He and his agent seem to think there was something questionable going on (we'll of course likely never know what becomes of any grievence they file).

Carey ended up with a shoulder injury during one of those similar type of practices, and there was speculation and question at the time regarding the Browns handling of it, and how it occured.

Like I said, it all may be nothing. But that's smoke and you can't just sweep it under the rug as nothing, at least not yet. Once is nothing, twice is questionable, three times has to raise a flag.

The only problem is, Davis didn't hurt his shoulder in practice, he did it in the Vikings game. They are using the Carey practice injury as cover to try and get at Mangini. The key who is pushing the filings. It may be quite surprising.

Guest Masters
The only problem is, Davis didn't hurt his shoulder in practice, he did it in the Vikings game. They are using the Carey practice injury as cover to try and get at Mangini. The key who is pushing the filings. It may be quite surprising.

Yes Davis's shoulder was already hurt. But I'd suggest reading the opening post/article. He supposedly jacked it up even more during some after practice activities. If that is true, you have to question what in the world is going on in Berea. You can't have those things going on. It's the same as when BE got his foot hurt last year in camp. You can't let your players being doing dumb ass stuff.

I doubt Adam Shefter is out to get Mangini.

Yes Davis's shoulder was already hurt. But I'd suggest reading the opening post/article. He supposedly jacked it up even more during some after practice activities. If that is true, you have to question what in the world is going on in Berea. You can't have those things going on. It's the same as when BE got his foot hurt last year in camp. You can't let your players being doing dumb ass stuff.

I doubt Adam Shefter is out to get Mangini.

You mean they "claim" it got jacked more at practice. If it was already hurt, you don't go into that kind of practice. It is like the "rumors" Bentley faked his injury and he was already hurt before.

Guest Masters
You mean they "claim" it got jacked more at practice. If it was already hurt, you don't go into that kind of practice. It is like the "rumors" Bentley faked his injury and he was already hurt before.

:rolleyes: That is what I said, hence the use of the word "supposedly" in my post.

And if a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter is true -- that rookie running back James Davis was hurt in practice when ordered to run padless against fully padded defensive players -- Mangini will be in trouble with the league and in trouble when he tries to lure free agents to Cleveland next offseason.

The Davis allegations are troubling, and the team has already talked to a league official investigating the incident. The Browns say the incident never happened that way. Davis, they claim, was injured when going against linebacker Blake Costanzo in a post-practice pass-rushing drill, when both players were not wearing pads. The play left Davis on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. The NFL Players Association is also looking into the story, and I'll follow up as developments occur, as best I can.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0TnNH0GJP

Well the story coming out is different today than it was yesterday. Imagine that. But no, we should make judgements BEFORE all the facts come out.

And FYI, Carey and Steptoe got hurt during practice. Nothing more.

And if a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter is true -- that rookie running back James Davis was hurt in practice when ordered to run padless against fully padded defensive players -- Mangini will be in trouble with the league and in trouble when he tries to lure free agents to Cleveland next offseason.

The Davis allegations are troubling, and the team has already talked to a league official investigating the incident. The Browns say the incident never happened that way. Davis, they claim, was injured when going against linebacker Blake Costanzo in a post-practice pass-rushing drill, when both players were not wearing pads. The play left Davis on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. The NFL Players Association is also looking into the story, and I'll follow up as developments occur, as best I can.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0TnNH0GJP

Even worse. Why wasn't either guy wearing pads?

This isnt toughening up freshman on the JV squad trying to make the team. These guys both probably squat over 400lbs a piece. That is a lot of force colliding together. Unacceptable that this is happening. I understand selling out for your team/coach, but there has to be some smarts about it.

I agree and I think maybe this was more of a walk through/positioning type drill and Davis aggravated an existing injury. If they did not have pads I'm certain this was more of a technique/placement drill than a pickup backyard football type deal. Again I don't know for sure but that's what it sounds like to me.

Archived