THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels

TheBestPlayersPlay

Kinda cool seeing a 32-year-old coach fist-pumping and psyching up the stadium after a huge win. He's the Anti-Mangini.

I know. He is fiery and shows emotion. But I sometimes wonder, how the xxxx do you trade away a guy like Cutler, and go 5-0. Just boggles my mind.

Guest Masters
Sorry bud. Only the Lions allowed more points last year. They were far from a "good team".

They were far from a terrible team either. Nor a talent deprived team.

But still, McDaniels so far does deserve kuddos for what he has done so far in DEN. He's looking like the only BB pupil to learn a lick.

I know I am a bit biased, but he is awesome. To the guys saying his success is built upon having the foundation already in place, keep in mind he is winning through the defense, which was definitely NOT in place. A lot of that may be Nolan, but there was a guy responsible for bringing Nolan in. I had some unkind things to say about McDaniels early on, I apologize for all of them now. Also, for the Browns, keep in mind Denver's turnaround came on a hotly contested, defensive based game. not saying you will win your next five, or that we will win ours, just food for thought...and hope.

I agree. Our problem lies within the offensive coordinator. Dumb ass playcalling.

Oh really? Not the 20 dropped passes today? How about us not having an NFL caliber QB? Maybe it has something to do with us not having a #1 wide receiver?

Sure the playcalling isn't great...but way too many people played that card this season. At some point you need to just man up and make a play.

I know I am a bit biased, but he is awesome. To the guys saying his success is built upon having the foundation already in place, keep in mind he is winning through the defense, which was definitely NOT in place. A lot of that may be Nolan, but there was a guy responsible for bringing Nolan in. I had some unkind things to say about McDaniels early on, I apologize for all of them now. Also, for the Browns, keep in mind Denver's turnaround came on a hotly contested, defensive based game. not saying you will win your next five, or that we will win ours, just food for thought...and hope.

Well Broncos to the playoffs for sure ....

I know this is a whole bandwagon thread and all, but I can't help but have a part of me also that wishes we could have secured a Pioli/McDaniels tandem here.

I know Pioli hired a different coach in KC, but wasn't that only because McDaniels was already hired in Denver? Or am I wrong on this?

I know this is a whole bandwagon thread and all, but I can't help but have a part of me also that wishes we could have secured a Pioli/McDaniels tandem here.

I know Pioli hired a different coach in KC, but wasn't that only because McDaniels was already hired in Denver? Or am I wrong on this?

Your Pioli / McDaniels timeline is correct, Josh was hired before Scott got the anchor that is KC hung around his neck. Really though, I think you guys need an experienced GM, not a young guy with a hot hand. There are organizational changes that need to be made in your FO, that I think an experienced guy would be better equipped to deal with. Whoever comes in needs the clout to be able to get Lerner to stay the F outta things and let the football guys run the football operations. Once things get ironed out, and your support staff (from positional coaches to scouting staff and everything in between) gets entrenched, then it is time to grab a young guy with fresh ideas, but some fundamental things appear to be wrong inside the FO, and I doubt a first time GM or HC will solve them for you.

Archived