THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Ball

Legacy Fan

With Blake "Believe it or not, George is not home" Costanzo coming in a close 2nd.

Z-man had some great punts (along with great coverage) and single handedly kept us in this game. Costanza gets us the W with the fumble recovery otherwise we're headed to 0-5 or tie-town at best with the way that 4 quarter was deteriorating.

Anyone on the roster could have done what Costanza did, even a lineman. not taking anything away from him he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. coverage units were superb and made the difference today, with Mike Adams leading the way. he was also great on defense.

Mike Adams gets my game ball.

Others covered Terrell too but Wright really played well today. T.O. was a non-factor (and that no-call on the tangled legs helped too).

Thanks Sisky. Defense did play a hell of a game.

Eric Wright is head-and-shoulders above where he was last year. He has really shown up as a premier cover corner in the league. On his INT, he just made an insane-athletic play. Stuff you see on Deion & Champ highlight reels. I've always thought he & B-mac were pretty close, but today, and this year has really shown how much Wright has benefitted from a real D-Coordinator, and a legitimate pass-rush. Chalk one up to Rob Ryan today too.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Thanks Sisky. Defense did play a hell of a game.

Eric Wright is head-and-shoulders above where he was last year. He has really shown up as a premier cover corner in the league. On his INT, he just made an insane-athletic play. Stuff you see on Deion & Champ highlight reels. I've always thought he & B-mac were pretty close, but today, and this year has really shown how much Wright has benefitted from a real D-Coordinator, and a legitimate pass-rush. Chalk one up to Rob Ryan today too.

Ryan is a keeper, I missed much of today's shitfest. Was there alot of blitzes called?

Ryan is a keeper, I missed much of today's shitfest. Was there alot of blitzes called?

Not more than usual, IIRC, but the Defense looked like a team.

In the past, we would see a completely dominate game from Rogers get wasted by a shit-fest in the secondary. Or a strong game from E-Wright & Bmac & zero tackles from our front 7. Today, when we werent getting immediate pressure, we werent letting the WR's get open either, etc. Just a good solid defensive effort, all the way around.

It's too bad we have to cut Billy Cundiff sooner or later, he gave us our first win of the year.

At this point id keep Cundiff and trade Dawson...Dawsons getting older and Cundiff shows consistency,,,,

For real, Costanzo - 3 weeks, 3 fumble recoveries inside the opponents 20. This guy is incredible.

Mike Adams played incredibly well too.

Zastudil punted lights out.

Special teams was fantastic, defense was fantastic.

I'd throw some credit Mangini's way as well. When not gratuitously bashing his former head coach, Darrelle Revis has been known to credit Mangini for turning him into the shutdown corner he is today.

When Mangini and Tannenbaum traded up to get Revis, some questioned why the Jets didn't take Michigan CB Leon Hall instead. If I'm not mistaken, Hall's the guy MoMass trounced last week. Revis, on the other hand, has held Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, and Marques Colston to a combined 10 catches for 92 yards and zero TD's. Guess the former DB coach made the right pick.

In fact, I get the impression that Mangini is harder on his DB's because it's his position of expertise. Last year, rookie corner Dwight Lowery had a hard time dealing with Mangini's harsh criticism. One has to wonder how a guy like Coye Francies will do facing Mangini's stern, near expressionless stare. Hopefully, they'll keep all weapons - ice or otherwise - away from Francies when Mangini tears him a new one for getting beat.

Also, it makes you wonder whether Mangini will fall in love with the idea of bringing in a 6'3", 230 lbs. beast, hoping to get the most out of his largely untapped potential. Or bringing in a whip smart DB who's been studying himself on film since he was 12 years old.

Both seem possible to me.

I posted this in another thread as well, but I think it deserves another mention.

The punt coverage team deserves the game ball on this one. I mean, has anyone EVER seen a punt downed INSIDE the one-yard-line THREE TIMES during a game before!?!? And then to recover that fumble to set up the go-ahead score? It was the best game by an individual unit that anyone could ask for.

One has to wonder how a guy like Coye Francies will do facing Mangini's stern, near expressionless stare. Hopefully, they'll keep all weapons - ice or otherwise - away from Francies when Mangini tears him a new one for getting beat.

Also, it makes you wonder whether Mangini will fall in love with the idea of bringing in a 6'3", 230 lbs. beast, hoping to get the most out of his largely untapped potential. Or bringing in a whip smart DB who's been studying himself on film since he was 12 years old.

Both seem possible to me.

Well Francies was inactive yesterday..not a good sign but its early :)

and Alex HAll also...

*Bump

Z's stats from Rich Passan's "Rich's Rant" on OBR yesterday:

And how about that Zastudil. Give him a paycheck, too. Seven of his nine punts landed inside the Bills’ 20, three inside the 5, two inside the 1-yard line.

Insane.

*edit*

Must have been the wind. :rolleyes:

Archived