THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn, be careful what you ask for

82OZZIE82

Leading up to the season, all we heard on this board is Quinn this, Quinn that, Quinn for President, yadda damn yadda Brady yadda. Two games into his savior campaign, we're a dreadul 0-2 with nothing but bickering, lost hope, and folks bailing ship. Is BQ really that bad or is this an expected natural progression of a guy learning a system he will eventually thrive in (i.e. Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman? DA backers are loving this and leading the clammering to stick him back in already. Based on what we've seen thus far, would it necessarily be a bad idea or do we say the hell with the season in exchange for Quinn getting starter expereince? Bash DA all you want, but I guaran-f-in-tee Braylon Edwards would have found the endzone by now.

45 years and counting... :unsure:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what some of the fans who are sick of losing and want a quick change agree upon, DA for BQ. But considering that we have a first round draft pick who was excellent in his college years and did well in his NFL games during the previous years, and how we still do not know if this guy is our franchise QB we think it is good for us to give him a shot.

Im also leaning very much towards bringing back DA and have him throw to BE but, all said and done, we need to know what we have in BQ. We need to know if he can be our no 1 QB. We need to know if he can fit this offense . And we need to know this by the end of this season. Considering that we do not have much to lose this season, why not try out this BQ experiment ?

He may show improvement and we can build our franchise around him or we may have to trade him and go into the draft/ FA looking for a new QB and continue with our rebuilding.

Yes, BQ is a hard worker.

And DA throws TDs.

Zombo

--Not a patient man

DA threw TD's. Then the 2nd half of 2008 and the first half of 2009 happened.

If he still had the magic, he'd have never been pulled.

DA threw TD's. Then the 2nd half of 2008 and the first half of 2009 happened.

He threw 21 TDs combined in the second half of 08 and 9 starts in 09.

Quinn has 3 TDs in five starts.

Lifetime TD percentage: Anderson 4.2%, Quinn 1.8%

Quinn has been so bland, so bad, so Joey ... that even Shep won't show his face.

He gets one more start from me ... then I go full-blown Darkside if he isn't benched.

Zombo

--just not a patient fan anymore. Give me touchdowns, or give me death.

What's so bad about sitting through another losing season, anyway? I can do this shit standing on my head at this point.

That's where I was circa 2004, 2005, 2006 ... Mr. Patient.

I think 2007 awoke me to the fact this Browns fandom is actually supposed to be fun. Now we are back to miserable and I miss fun.

Put Horseballs in there and air it out, I don't care if he gets picked, at least we lose with some balls and not this "whatsinDabolbitch" dink and dunk nightmare of an offense.

Zombo

--Great to see you ... rustle up those other two knuckleheads, will ya?

He threw 21 TDs combined in the second half of 08 and 9 starts in 09.

Quinn has 3 TDs in five starts.

Lifetime TD percentage: Anderson 4.2%, Quinn 1.8%

Quinn has been so bland, so bad, so Joey ... that even Shep won't show his face.

He gets one more start from me ... then I go full-blown Darkside if he isn't benched.

Zombo

--just not a patient fan anymore. Give me touchdowns, or give me death.

How about one more game and you stop bitching posting about Quinn.

Because no matter what you think, I guarantee he gets WAY more than one more game from the organization.

We lose, I bitch.

Not even Amber could make me happy after these beatings.

Zombo

--OK maybe ... but still ... losing is awful and losing with a dull blade is really awful

Hey Z, just wondering what makes you so sure they would even try to air it out with DA like that?

I mean its just as likely that Daboll runs the same plays with DA.

I know. I'm starting to believe those that say Quinn has limitations that hold us back though. I'm really ready for him to prove that wrong. If he breaks out and beats Baltimore this week I will name my first born Quinn. Just show me a sign ... anything ... 16 weeks of dinkndunk losses might just kill me.

Zombo

--I'd rather go out with a heart attack after a Red Right88-like INT ... at least you know you were worthy of the battle. This team, this year, so far ... is not worthy of us. We deserve more.

"Bash DA all you want, but I guaran-f-in-tee Braylon Edwards would have found the endzone by now."

He'd also have 3-4 int's right now with 1-2 pick 6's. ;)

Anyways, just wondering why all the guys wanting to bench Quinn after two games (yes, two, not 5...a new HC and OC and new system) weren't wanting to bench DA after what 11 games in a row that were mostly pisspoor? Why do you have such a short leash on Quinn when you kept giving DA 5, 6, 11, 23 games or something like that to prove he's a backup QB in the NFL?

DA got his 20+ games...Quinn should get the same treatment.

If you want to blame ANYONE...blame Daboll and St. Clair! Quinn runs the plays the OC calls....well tries to run them if he's not running for his life cuz St. Clair let another guy go by him.

Leading up to the season, all we heard on this board is Quinn this, Quinn that, Quinn for President, yadda damn yadda Brady yadda. Two games into his savior campaign, we're a dreadul 0-2 with nothing but bickering, lost hope, and folks bailing ship. Is BQ really that bad or is this an expected natural progression of a guy learning a system he will eventually thrive in (i.e. Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman? DA backers are loving this and leading the clammering to stick him back in already. Based on what we've seen thus far, would it necessarily be a bad idea or do we say the hell with the season in exchange for Quinn getting starter expereince? Bash DA all you want, but I guaran-f-in-tee Braylon Edwards would have found the endzone by now.

45 years and counting... :unsure:

You guarantee Braylon would have caught a TD pass by now...

Braylon Edwards stats 2008 (with Anderson throwing the ball)

http://www.nfl.com/players/braylonedwards/...amp;season=2008

Here is a hint. He didn't have a TD catch until GAME 4.

Braylon Edwards 2009:

http://www.nfl.com/players/braylonedwards/...amp;season=2009

Notice how he is averaging more yards per catch. He has surpassed in two games this season his total yards through 4 games last season.

So, really, maybe you should be more careful what you ask for.

Because no matter what you think, I guarantee he gets WAY more than one more game from the organization.

Last Quinn guarantee I saw was Inspecta's guarantee that Quinn would throw multiple TDs against Denver. Didn't happen. How many is "WAY"?

This is exactly what I expected goin into this season I just expected more Quinn homers to stand by their man. I didnt like Quinns dink and dunk style and was the first to label him going into the season.

Dabol is a horrible OC but Quinn must be near sighted because he wont throw anything over 15 yards inbounds. Hes thrown 2 passes in this season that made me say maybe I was wrong about this guy but Im pretty sure this is what you get with Quinn. He has the potential to be Josh McNown and be a backup.

DA doesnt have a future with the browns but as I said in previous post he gives us a better chance to win and a more enjoyable game to watch. DA is a cock tease we know this but its better then a guy whos scared to take chances with sub par talent around him.

BE is only good for the jump ball and Cribbs isnt the Brad Smith Mangini had hoped him to be. If we keep Quinn in then we need to put the younsters in and admit our offense is rebuilding. Momass, Robo, and Davis should get as much PT as possible.

DA is better for the team in terms of potential wins and a financial stand point. If BQ stays in we cough up an extra 5 mil while we already paid DAs bonus.

This is going to be a completely different team next year. Mangini has to find "his guy" at QB,a real RB, BE wil most likely be franchised and dealt so we wont have any play maker recievers, our OL is finesse on the left and garbage on the right, and last but most importantly we need a vocal leader on D.

I think we can get our D leader in the draft with Brandon Spikes or maybe Eric Berry/Taylor Mays in the first round but the rest will take some savvy by the front office.

We have seen.... I don't know ....20 or so QB's come through here since the return.. several seasons have seen 6 or 7 just within a single season.. I wanted quinn.. I still want quinn... I want to give him time... he deserves it... the team deserves it, we, and all the rest of the team deserve it... I believe.. if we leave him in there... he will show us why we drafted him... I believe in this kid.. We already know that DA can WOW you with the big arm and make you want to hang yourself with his stupid decisions... I have not seen Quinn make the Stupid decisions yet... He has not wowed us yet either... But I am willing to let him play it out. This team is not going to the playoffs this year.. so we lose nothing by leaving him in there and letting him learn... If we pull him out now... we stunt his growth and possibly the future of the team... If he plays out the season and sucks... well then we know.. but we have to ride it out..

Knee jerk/ panic reactions are not going to help this team get better. So YES i asked for quinn and I am still happy that I did.

I really cant say anything about the QB situation that hasn't been stated before. I just think its too early in the season to make any drastic decisions like pulling BQ out already. Its only been two games, in a long season lets face it were still only two games out and taking on the division leader this Sunday. One thing this offense needs in consistency and continuity and you don't get that by having a carousel at QB position. It would be the whole Couch/Holcomb fiasco all over again. Mangini has made his decision that Quinn is the starter. I, as the eternal optimist, just hope that season gets better before it gets worse.

Quinn will get his time but if he doesnt show promise by the trade deadline hes either on the bench or on a new team. Plain and simple if Quinn isnt the starter for the future and still remains on the team after the deadline the GM needs to be fired. No way can we take on a 5 mil bonus just for sh*ts and giggles.

My opinions tend to be unpopular I know but look at the bright side, all the Ohio homers might have a chance to have Tony Pike on the roster next year. (who is better the Brady Quinn)

Quinn will get his time but if he doesnt show promise by the trade deadline hes either on the bench or on a new team. Plain and simple if Quinn isnt the starter for the future and still remains on the team after the deadline the GM needs to be fired. No way can we take on a 5 mil bonus just for sh*ts and giggles.

My opinions tend to be unpopular I know but look at the bright side, all the Ohio homers might have a chance to have Tony Pike on the roster next year. (who is better the Brady Quinn)

I'm glad you have George and Mangini's ears. Do they also come to you for drafting advice, and how best to build team unity?

It's not that your opinions are unpopular. They are just xxxxing stupid - that's what makes them 'unpopular'.

This has nothing to do with Quinn being an Ohio boy. Charlie Frye was an 'Ohio Boy', too, and most of us couldn't wait until he was gone. Kind of pokes all kinds of holes in your theory that we like him because he's from Ohio.

We like him because he's NOT Derek Anderson. If he turns out to be another Charlie Frye, Tim Couch, or whatever suck QB we've had, we won't like him either.

I'm not sure why wanting to see someone play when the guys before him have sucked started making people 'fags'. I always thought it made them astute football people for not wanting to continue with the suck after a guy has been given TWENTY-SEVEN games and shown no progression.

I'm glad you have George and Mangini's ears. Do they also come to you for drafting advice, and how best to build team unity?

It's not that your opinions are unpopular. They are just xxxxing stupid - that's what makes them 'unpopular'.

This has nothing to do with Quinn being an Ohio boy. Charlie Frye was an 'Ohio Boy', too, and most of us couldn't wait until he was gone. Kind of pokes all kinds of holes in your theory that we like him because he's from Ohio.

We like him because he's NOT Derek Anderson. If he turns out to be another Charlie Frye, Tim Couch, or whatever suck QB we've had, we won't like him either.

I'm not sure why wanting to see someone play when the guys before him have sucked started making people 'fags'. I always thought it made them astute football people for not wanting to continue with the suck after a guy has been given TWENTY-SEVEN games and shown no progression.

Um...those of us asking for Quinn knew what we were asking for:

A brand new starter in an offense full of brand new starters with a brand new coordinator.

Look, people can spin it all they want, those are the facts. It's going to be ugly and it's just plain ridiculous to judge the brand new starter based on two games.

That being said, I'd like to see more positive plays but the QB only gets so much leeway in that department. Until or unless Mangini and/or Daboll actually try to run something downfield for him, we simply won't be able to tell if he's the problem or if the offense is the problem.

That's where I was circa 2004, 2005, 2006 ... Mr. Patient.

I think 2007 awoke me to the fact this Browns fandom is actually supposed to be fun. Now we are back to miserable and I miss fun.

Put Horseballs in there and air it out, I don't care if he gets picked, at least we lose with some balls and not this "whatsinDabolbitch" dink and dunk nightmare of an offense.

Zombo

--Great to see you ... rustle up those other two knuckleheads, will ya?

Yeah, I get impatience, but I don't get wishing to lose over trying to win.

At least you admit that by putting DA in you're cheering for the car wreck and you know it's coming.

Me? I'd rather actually try to win the game, in whatever form that takes. I've seen plenty of DA, thanks.

Archived