THE BROWNS BOARD

6-3 or 60-3, it's still a win

bonedawg

I am not trying to argue that we played stellar football yesterday, it was probably the most pathetic excuse for a football game that I have ever had the displeasure of viewing, but a win is a win period. Teams don't get extra W's just because they won in style. Sure the stats were awful, it was a 6-3 game, what did everyone think the stats were going to look like? We got the same amount of wins this week as the giants got whether it was 6-3 or 44-7, both teams got exactly 1 win, and that is more than the browns have gotten in the past 10 games, so I don't know about everyone else but I woke up this morning feeling better than weeks 1-4.

I am not trying to argue that we played stellar football yesterday, it was probably the most pathetic excuse for a football game that I have ever had the displeasure of viewing, but a win is a win period. Teams don't get extra W's just because they won in style. Sure the stats were awful, it was a 6-3 game, what did everyone think the stats were going to look like? We got the same amount of wins this week as the giants got whether it was 6-3 or 44-7, both teams got exactly 1 win, and that is more than the browns have gotten in the past 10 games, so I don't know about everyone else but I woke up this morning feeling better than weeks 1-4.

Please post another thread saying the same thing. Thank you.

P.S. Our starting QB is pathetic

in a year where your not gonna make the playoffs for sure, Ws and Ls mean jack shit. a win is not a win in our situation. that win was a loss, because they probably won't be working as hard, or evaluating the bad play as much as they would have if we lost. because of that we'll improve less.

a net loss.

You better duck your head and take cover. People around here dont want to here that we won yesterday. They want to here how bad DA is.

Be brave and keep your head down. Good luck.

A win-is-a-win usually flies for most teams who win ugly because know they can play fairly well. We do not now this. Special teams and the D deserve flat-out praise, and for them, its a solid and well deserved victory.

But the offense is piss-poor and this win doesn't change those feelings or impressions, which is why the board is filled with bummed out fans after this victory.

The offense has sputtered since last November. It is completely understandable we're tired of seeing horrible offensive production.

Dont be a dick.

Nobody wants the Browns to lose anything.

We sure would like to see sustained growth and the promise that our future is bright and in some aspects yesterday we saw that.

The defense is playing better,our Oline looked better and our ST's looked as good as ever.

This team is very weak in all aspects of the skill positions on offense and none are more obvious or garner more attention than QB.

We looked downright awful on offense yesterday and it was a muffed punt that won the game for us when we as well as the bills deserved nothing more than a tie in that shitfest called a game.

Sure in a few weeks this game may be forgotten and the W will be all that matters but you cant look at yesterdays game and feel great about our team.

Not trying to be a dick. I seriously think that there are people here that when DA makes a bad throw or INT they get excited and blow a load in their pants. No shit, I really really really think that.

At the end of the day Dan, we won the game. Ugly, miserable and disgusting as it was we won the game. I would take 19 of those every year if we won. Dont care. Imagine if we would have lost? My goodness, you guys would have crashed the servers on this site becasue everyone would be chiming in about DA.

And I honestly do feel better about our team. We gave up 3 points as a defense. I love that. The previous week we did a good job of shutting C. Benson down. You know the NFL's leading rusher that just had 120 yard game against the Ravens which they have not given up a 100 rusher in like 592 30 something games.

Now for our offense, yes we suck. Gotta work on that and need to draft and replace what we have going on. Period. Its not going to be fixed overnight.

There is no excuse for the shit that happened on the field that the browns called football yesterday. DA was horrible, no one could catch, the D let up 145 yards again. I get it. All I am saying is that at the end of the day it was a W and that is more than we have had so far this season. You don't get extra points for winning with style. I can recall the bears cardinals game that led to the famous "They are who we thought they were!" speech. The bears scored all their points on D and special teams and won the game. Their offense was f'ing terrible, but they uglied out a win and that is what we did yesterday. We uglied out a win.

Bullshit.

Sorry, man, but that's a pathetically short-sighted statement.

I like winning a 6-3 shitfest just fine, but I like building a team that can CONSISTENTLY beat good teams/play good football a ton more. It's that whole forest-for-the-trees thing.

The quarterbacking and playcalling on this team sucks. A 6-3 win notwithstanding. We have no blueprint for the future, nor do we have the pieces. How anyone can disagree with this is beyond me.

And I like hitting the mega millions lottery but will get excited for the free ticket that you win on the scratch off tickets that they sell.

I would also love to build a consistant team to beat good football teams (megamillions) but if you think that is happening any time soon then you are only kidding yourself. Thats why when you get a win you get a win. (scratch off ticket)

Now Im not saying YOU didnt like the win but Im telling you that people watch the game and when DA messes up they get excited to come on here and say see he sucks and blah blah blah. Some people dont want to here winning RIGHT NOW around here. They want DA to fail so we can move on and so on. If that applys to you then so be it and if it doesnt then cool.

And I like hitting the mega millions lottery but will get excited for the free ticket that you win on the scratch off tickets that they sell.

I would also love to build a consistant team to beat good football teams (megamillions) but if you think that is happening any time soon then you are only kidding yourself. Thats why when you get a win you get a win. (scratch off ticket)

Now Im not saying YOU didnt like the win but Im telling you that people watch the game and when DA messes up they get excited to come on here and say see he sucks and blah blah blah. Some people dont want to here winning RIGHT NOW around here. They want DA to fail so we can move on and so on. If that applys to you then so be it and if it doesnt then cool.

Like that didn't happen in week 1 thru 2.5 with Stan, Lums, Zombo, and others here about Quinn. Its not that anyone is excited to see DA play like shit, its that we expect it and he RARELY lets us down.

I still disagree with you. Which is fine, because you are allowed to celebrate whatever you like.

And I do think there are fewer DA haters who want the Browns to lose to spite him than you suspect. But that's nothing I care about either.

Yes, I saw a pretty decent D yesterday. But I saw an offense (gameplan AND execution) that does not deserve celebration in victory, and I refuse to celebrate dogshit, even if it got a (pretty meaningless, if you ask me) W in the win column.

Wait, I'm not saying that our offense is good or deserves any recognition or props or whatever the hell you want to call it. Because they dont deserve shit. They deserve a big fat F. They should do a steak and beans contest. The D gets to eat steak right in front of them while the O has to eat beans.

My point was that there are people here that seriously cheer when DA does bad and would like for us to lose when he starts, I promise you that there are some people here that wish that. That my friend is terrible. Agree or disagree whatever.

Last week it was yeah DA played pretty good but he didnt get the win. Now its DA played the worst game ever (which yes he did) and we didnt deserve to win. Who the fukc cares. We won the game. DA, Quinn, Betsy, Sally who gives a shit who our QB is as long as we win is my point.

To me, this is a very valuable victory because:

1) you won a close game (that's something that's learned) on the road.

2) you had a defense that really made some plays and limited a very talented group of receivers and a decent RB. It's shown considerable growth

3) you only had three penalties (which means that for all of the crap Mangini takes about 'discipline'....it actually works)

4) you still have enough crap to drive home in the film room because NO ONE can feel complacent about this kind of win. It's essentially a "non-loss" but it gets the idiots at ESPN off of your back as to whether or not you'll go 0-16.

Like that didn't happen in week 1 thru 2.5 with Stan, Lums, Zombo, and others here about Quinn. Its not that anyone is excited to see DA play like shit, its that we expect it and he RARELY lets us down.

And that is the problem. You guys and those guys. When Quinn played like shit you (I'm assuming) and if not then others defended him. Now that DA plays like shit the same people that defended Quinn are so quick to jump into DA's ass. To me they both suck ass with DA being a little bit better than Quinn. But thats my opinion. This whole thing is a joke. What if Quinn won and had that game? What would some of you guys say?

A win is a win is a win that is a win. Anyway you cut it we won the game. And if Quinn was the starter and had that game Quinn fags would back him while DA queers (I think thats what you guys call em) would bash Quinn. And if it was DA queers that got that win like that (which is what happend) then Quinn fags bash DA and DA queers have his back.

Funny funny stuff. Somewhere in this whole mess we forgot to root for OUR team instead of players. Again just my opinion and you and others can call me blind and this and that. Thats my two cents.

Oh and mz the pussy...

you said winning a meaningless game.

I do call bullshit on that. There is no such thing. I won't get into a big post about it but I will say one thing. We have a losing mentality franchise. So no win is a meaningless win. We need every win that we can get. I think they call it confidence or something like that.

Of course they exist, but they aren't for you to worry about, because you know better, and you know their agenda.

Forshizzle

Meaningless may have been the wrong word. How about 'inconsequential?'

We are a losing team this year. Our record doesn't matter much. Seeing what we have is. I don't care that we got a W yesterday, because we stunk. If were were angling for a playoff spot AND we won like we did yesterday, that's a different story. That's cool. This was just pathetic IMO.

I guess we just have different opinions. Mine is better than yours. :P:)

And that is the problem. You guys and those guys. When Quinn played like shit you (I'm assuming) and if not then others defended him. Now that DA plays like shit the same people that defended Quinn are so quick to jump into DA's ass. To me they both suck ass with DA being a little bit better than Quinn. But thats my opinion. This whole thing is a joke. What if Quinn won and had that game? What would some of you guys say?

A win is a win is a win that is a win. Anyway you cut it we won the game. And if Quinn was the starter and had that game Quinn fags would back him while DA queers (I think thats what you guys call em) would bash Quinn. And if it was DA queers that got that win like that (which is what happend) then Quinn fags bash DA and DA queers have his back.

Funny funny stuff. Somewhere in this whole mess we forgot to root for OUR team instead of players. Again just my opinion and you and others can call me blind and this and that. Thats my two cents.

I really don't recall too many people defending Quinn other than saying he still needed more time to properly evaluate. With DA its not "Now that DA plays like shit", its more like "Now that DA CONTINUES to play like shit, CONTINUES to play like the 3-6 QB he was last season" that people are jumping his ass about.

Honestly, if Quinn had been in and it played out just like yesterday, most would be in here saying the same thing they are saying now. Some of you seem to equate displeasure with DA as being support of Quinn even without Quinn being mentioned. The reality is most on here do not equate those two things at all. We equally bash a bad QB performance no matter who it is.

I really don't recall too many people defending Quinn other than saying he still needed more time to properly evaluate. With DA its not "Now that DA plays like shit", its more like "Now that DA CONTINUES to play like shit, CONTINUES to play like the 3-6 QB he was last season" that people are jumping his ass about.

Honestly, if Quinn had been in and it played out just like yesterday, most would be in here saying the same thing they are saying now. Some of you seem to equate displeasure with DA as being support of Quinn even without Quinn being mentioned. The reality is most on here do not equate those two things at all. We equally bash a bad QB performance no matter who it is.

Negative ghostrider. But you can believe whatever you want. Do you read the board?

Anyway I'm getting tired talking about the same thing over and over and over. I'm just staying positive after a win and wish you fellow Browns fans would stay positive as well. Not going to happen so......

I REALLY don't want to be in the business of defending QB play like this but I have to agree with Tony Grossi's observation on this one. DA had receivers drop nine passes and Robert Royal's was "perfectly thrown into a 40 mph wind". I have to agree that as awful as the stats look....it can't all be on the QB in this one.

Unfortunately, as fans, we aren't able to know all that the QB is supposed to be doing pre- and post-snap. Is he making the right pre-snap reads? Is he checking out of bad plays? Is he going through the correct progression of receivers based on what the defense is doing?

Only the coaches know the true extent of how well DA is or isn't doing vis a vis Brady Quinn. My guess is that DA is possibly more successful at some of these things. It's also possible that the threat of a deep throw is what's opened up some running lanes. The truth is that we don't know.

The bottom line is that changing QBs frequently would serve no purpose because when you weigh the pluses and minuses...they're about equal despite different characteristics.

Negative ghostrider. But you can believe whatever you want. Do you read the board?

Anyway I'm getting tired talking about the same thing over and over and over. I'm just staying positive after a win and wish you fellow Browns fans would stay positive as well. Not going to happen so......

Yep, I do read the board. I just don't do it blindly or with bias, like you do. Thanks for playing though.

Yep, I do read the board. I just don't do it blindly or with bias, like you do. Thanks for playing though.

Thanks for playing though? Seriously? You are one funny cat and ............ nevermind you win. I played and you defeated me. Only if I could be like you Neb.

We suck and I hate that we won yesterday and hate our QB and our coach and our gatorade bottles and our helmets. Damn Browns we suck ass even when we win.

Thanks for playing though? Seriously? You are one funny cat and ............ nevermind you win. I played and you defeated me. Only if I could be like you Neb.

We suck and I hate that we won yesterday and hate our QB and our coach and our gatorade bottles and our helmets. Damn Browns we suck ass even when we win.

LOL....once more you show that you're the one that doesn't read the boards. Please find ONE post where I stated that I hate that we won yesterday. Just one. I'll wait. Try not to be too long though, its almost dinnertime here.

LOL....once more you show that you're the one that doesn't read the boards. Please find ONE post where I stated that I hate that we won yesterday. Just one. I'll wait. Try not to be too long though, its almost dinnertime here.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Smooch, smooch NEB. I'll tuck you in after dinner little guy.

Archived