THE BROWNS BOARD

Mary Kay: Will the Browns Move Quinn, Too?

shepwrite

It warms the heart that you assholes have at least one highly touted pick bust....."yinz" were all over the board after that draft talking about how Sweed was gonna light shit up...

Yep. We screwed the pooch on this one.

Mendy's catching on so that's some buyers remorse relief.

Plus Wallace has turned into a rookie stud. Yinz see any of this guy? He's lighting up the field.

All is well on offense.

Defense is the issue lately.

Regards

.... an'at

Well I bet on the Steelers on Sunday (Hey it was easy money....kinda...) so I got to watch him, he seems to have all the right tools, plus he has a cool nick name Mike 60 minutes Wallace......it fits so perfectly. He plays hard for 60 minutes....and his name is Mike Wallace....awesome

Ironically, effort was the main concern about Wallace coming out of college.

When Phil Savage visited Ole Miss in October of last year, the coaching staff shared with him how frustrated they were with the dynamic receiver's underwhelming play. But shortly after that Wallace went on a tear, scoring seven TD's in the final six games of the season.

After showcasing 4.33 speed at the Combine, Wallace managed to get himself picked in the 3rd round. But if he'd applied himself more consistently, he just as easily could have gone in Round 1.

Well, its official, Quinn is staying here. Mary Kay thinks he could go which means he will retire here. Way to come up with a captivating headline and a baseless story to meet your deadline Mary Kay. I would expect no more or less from you. Why don't we have a football reporter in this town that covers the X's and O's and matchups for the upcoming game? Is it really that hard to do or do they truley believe that soap opera drama is what football is all about?

Guest Masters

Except the story is hardly baseless (Reghi over the weekend and yesterday said he has heard Quinn's people have asked for him to be traded, Adam Schefter mentioned it last week on Mike and Mike, and it was mentioned by Mort over the weekend).

Marky Kay is a crappy beat writer and seems to only report other peoples reports. But in this case, she's just doing what she always does, report someone elses report.

Oh, and she did get how terrible DA is correct in her story.

Ironically, effort was the main concern about Wallace coming out of college.

When Phil Savage visited Ole Miss in October of last year, the coaching staff shared with him how frustrated they were with the dynamic receiver's underwhelming play. But shortly after that Wallace went on a tear, scoring seven TD's in the final six games of the season.

After showcasing 4.33 speed at the Combine, Wallace managed to get himself picked in the 3rd round. But if he'd applied himself more consistently, he just as easily could have gone in Round 1.

Hah. They probably 'shared' it so that he wouldn't get picked by the Browns and his career wrecked. Hell, the kid probably TOLD them to tell Savage that. :D

Isn't it kind of odd for a coaching staff to be that open about something like that?

I love how people keep saying you cannot judge a QB by only six starts.. that may be true... But Quinn has shown absolutley nothing to prove that he be a competitive QB in the NFL i mean nothing.... that is why we are on our second Coach that does not want to play him...

Except the story is hardly baseless (Reghi over the weekend and yesterday said he has heard Quinn's people have asked for him to be traded, Adam Schefter mentioned it last week on Mike and Mike, and it was mentioned by Mort over the weekend).

Marky Kay is a crappy beat writer and seems to only report other peoples reports. But in this case, she's just doing what she always does, report someone elses report.

Oh, and she did get how terrible DA is correct in her story.

Reghi also said that Martin Rucker should get more playing time (got cut) and Jamal will probably get cut before the season starts (114yds 30att) Cribbs should play WR (aweful) Shaun Rogers had a mysterious preseason injury Mangini won't talk about (started every game this year) and Sabrina has banged the entire Browns roster (only two). He knows nothing about the Browns or football. As usual, he's "BRINGING IT WRONG ON ESPN RADIO WKNR!"

And Mary Kay wants to have Brady's kids or at the very least, Brady's DNA on her back. So, she will always have it out for DA. She knows NOTHING about the game and has no credability at all. With that said, she's copying reports for sure. I'm all for a few more draft picks or a DB in return for him but I'm not sure it'll happen unless Brady demands it. HE costs nothing to keep here and I don't know of any teams that are desperate enough to give up something for him. Oakland? St. Louis? NE?

I love how people keep saying you cannot judge a QB by only six starts.. that may be true... But Quinn has shown absolutley nothing to prove that he be a competitive QB in the NFL i mean nothing.... that is why we are on our second Coach that does not want to play him...

Except that he has better stats than DA in the exact same amount of playing time, scratch that, 3 and 1/2 games to 2 and 1/2 games.

If we trade Quinn (which I hope we dont) I have an inkling that he wont be going to a QB needy team.

My guess is he'd go to Dallas or New England

How much would that suck?

Id want Barber for Quinn from Dallas and a conditional 4th rounder-2nd rounder

From New England, Ill take Benjamin Watson and a 4th

Guest Masters
Reghi also said that Martin Rucker should get more playing time (got cut) and Jamal will probably get cut before the season starts (114yds 30att) Cribbs should play WR (aweful) Shaun Rogers had a mysterious preseason injury Mangini won't talk about (started every game this year) and Sabrina has banged the entire Browns roster (only two). He knows nothing about the Browns or football. As usual, he's "BRINGING IT WRONG ON ESPN RADIO WKNR!"

And Mary Kay wants to have Brady's kids or at the very least, Brady's DNA on her back. So, she will always have it out for DA. She knows NOTHING about the game and has no credability at all. With that said, she's copying reports for sure. I'm all for a few more draft picks or a DB in return for him but I'm not sure it'll happen unless Brady demands it. HE costs nothing to keep here and I don't know of any teams that are desperate enough to give up something for him. Oakland? St. Louis? NE?

*sigh* You obviously can't seperate opinions from factual information. All of the things you just brought up were his opinions on what he felt about those players, what might occur, and never claimed it based on information from any source (he makes it very clear that it is his opinion, by even using those very words). He never claimed those as thing he heard from inside sources that the Browns want to do, planning to do, etc.

Reghi is not known for reporting unfactual information as fact, or even claiming as much. It's one of his pet peeves (hence a recent rant about that Sabrina chick, but I'll get to that in a moment). He has been very specific over the last few days that he has heard that information from reliable sources that Quinn's people have asked for him to get out. Notice guys on ESPN are now claiming the same thing (along w/ Mark Kay). Reghi is at the Berea facility just about every day and talks w/ players and people there.

As to the Sabrina thing, way to make things up there buddy. He has never claimed Sabrina has banged the entire team or anyone on it. He recently ranted about her after they allowed that chick to go on the airwaves and make all the outrages claims she made regarding the BE club incident, things about the game and players she claimed BE told her at the club, as well as her discussion "relationships" with players. The point of his rant was that things like that should not be reported as fact, as it ruins credibility of WKNR's sports reporting.

The last part is not even worth addressing, as the first sentance is just plain silly.

I'm sure MK is right when she says there are plenty of people around the league who think Quinn will be a good quarterback in the right setting. While his trade value certainly took a hit, I know people look at someone like Edwards on Monday night and say, "He just had to get out of Cleveland."

Can you imagine how happy BE is right now? He's a douche, but I couldn't help thinking the guy's walking on air at the moment.

Man o man, Shep, who - in their wildest dreams - could have predicted this level of ineptitude at QB. And to think that, now, TWO staffs consider Quinn to be less qualified than Mr. 2-17-23.

Mind boggling.

Guest Masters
Man o man, Shep, who - in their wildest dreams - could have predicted this level of ineptitude at QB. And to think that, now, TWO staffs consider Quinn to be less qualified than Mr. 2-17-23.

Mind boggling.

The last staff did insert BQ as the starter and said he'd be the starter going into this year (of course they were fired a few days after). So I am not sure two staffs considered Quinn less qualified.

Schefter just more or less said on Sportscenter that Quinn sucks and has little to no trade value.

I saw that as well. Hard to trade a player if nobody wants him or is willing to pay next to nothing.

I saw that as well. Hard to trade a player if nobody wants him or is willing to pay next to nothing.

Good, its settled then. We're keeping him around just in case.

*sigh* You obviously can't seperate opinions from factual information. All of the things you just brought up were his opinions on what he felt about those players, what might occur, and never claimed it based on information from any source. He never claimed those as thing he heard from inside sources that the Browns want to do, planning to do, etc.

Reghi is not known for reporting unfactual information as fact, or even claiming as much. It's one of his pet peeves (hence a recent rant about that Sabrina chick, but I'll get to that in a moment). He has been very specific over the last few days that he has heard that information from reliable sources that Quinn's people have asked for him to get out. Notice guys on ESPN are now claiming the same thing (along w/ Mark Kay). Reghi is at the Berea facility just about every day and talks w/ players and people there.

As to the Sabrina thing, way to make things up there buddy. He has never claimed Sabrina has banged the entire team or anyone on it. He recently ranted about her after they allowed that chick to go on the airwaves and make all the outrages claims she made regarding the BE club incident, things about the game and players she claimed BE told her at the club, as well as her discussion "relationships" with players. The point of his rant was that things like that should not be reported as fact, as it ruins credibility of WKNR's sports reporting.

The last part is not even worth addressing, as the first sentance is just plain silly.

I'll give you that Reghi isn't a reporter but he talks AT the listener like he's got the skinny on some information while his opinions are just junk fodder for conversation. He brings it strong and he's always wrong. I'm just saying, don't put to much stock in MK and Reghi's opinions or reports. QUinn may be on the block, but I wouldn't worry on it when it comes from MK and Reghi.

The Sabrina thing, I paraphrased of course but he did say "That's pillow talk and she gives all young ladies in this business a bad name when she devulges information based on pillow talk." That, is an indictment of her character and suggesting that she's banging everyone. Really unprofessional and just falls in line with the rest of his terrible information. And along the lines of recognizing fact from opinion, I think everyone that heard Sabrina knew to take it with a grain of salt. She's an intern who knows some of the families, not a reporter. It was TMZ not ESPN and most of us understood that. I just don't think it warranted a rant on her character like that. Meanwhile, Reghi reads somebody's Twitter and credits it as a "source". Which holds more credibility, an eyewitness account, or a Twitter page? He was just pissed Rizzo got the scoop after he begged on air for an hour for somebody to contact him about the incident. Childish.

If he sucks and nobody is willing to take him, then why would you want to keep him around 'just in case'. He sucks; why pay him if he sucks?

If all of the QBs go down, Cribbs can hand of the ball if needed.

The guy is too much of a distraction to remain on the team, IMO.

If he sucks and nobody is willing to take him, then why would you want to keep him around 'just in case'. He sucks; why pay him if he sucks?

If all of the QBs go down, Cribbs can hand of the ball if needed.

The guy is too much of a distraction to remain on the team, IMO.

Yeah he really looks like a distraction, try watching the locker room video after the bills game on clevelandbrowns.com, dumb ass.

Guest Masters
I'll give you that Reghi isn't a reporter but he talks AT the listener like he's got the skinny on some information while his opinions are just junk fodder for conversation. He brings it strong and he's always wrong. I'm just saying, don't put to much stock in MK and Reghi's opinions or reports. QUinn may be on the block, but I wouldn't worry on it when it comes from MK and Reghi.

The Sabrina thing, I paraphrased of course but he did say "That's pillow talk and she gives all young ladies in this business a bad name when she devulges information based on pillow talk." That, is an indictment of her character and suggesting that she's banging everyone. Really unprofessional and just falls in line with the rest of his terrible information. And along the lines of recognizing fact from opinion, I think everyone that heard Sabrina knew to take it with a grain of salt. She's an intern who knows some of the families, not a reporter. It was TMZ not ESPN and most of us understood that. I just don't think it warranted a rant on her character like that. Meanwhile, Reghi reads somebody's Twitter and credits it as a "source". Which holds more credibility, an eyewitness account, or a Twitter page? He was just pissed Rizzo got the scoop after he begged on air for an hour for somebody to contact him about the incident. Childish.

He never comes across to me that he has any skinny on the Browns, other than when he actually has some factual information, like the report that Quinn's people are asking for him to be traded. I don't put any stock in anything Mary Kay says for many reasons. I don't put any stock in Reghi's opinions, other than as converstation fodder (and the guy says it's his opinion about every 10 minutes). But when he claims something as factual information, I do put stock in it, because I have yet to see him claim something as a fact, when it was not.

How you get from that comment to suggesting she's banging everyone is beyond me. That is the old take one line and twist it out of context. If you heard what she was actually saying and claiming, you'd understand that comment from Reghi. At least I'd hope. The point was that stuff was being claimed as fact by a non-credible source (an intern that claims to have dated multiple players, talks about what a player told her at the club, and is never at the Brown facility isn't a credible one) and gives the station a bad rep. I fully agree with him. It was tabloid material presented as fact and has no business being on the airwaves presented the way it was. Not if you are trying to be a credible sports reporting station.

He was pissed at Rizzo for scooping him :rolleyes: He had his own sources telling him what supposedly happened, including before that Sabrina crap ever aired. But Reghi had the good sense to present it still as hersay and not fact, as opposed to what occured on the really big show.

Yeah he really looks like a distraction, try watching the locker room video after the bills game on clevelandbrowns.com, dumb ass.

Chill dude. I'm just pointing out the flaws in the 'he sucks' argument. Really, if he is that bad, why would you want to continue to pay him if everyone else thinks he sucks? Says to me someone doesn't think he sucks, or thinks he might be worth investing more time in.

IMO, he IS a distraction to the 'other QB' (not hard) but to the fan base. If DA comes in and really sucks it up in Cleveland, the fans will be screaming for Quinn. IMO, Mangini will never put Quinn back in. All that will happen is the fan base will get really restless.

I say trade the guy or cut him and let him move on to a team that

1 ) Has a clue wtf it is doing

2 ) Will give him a legitimate shot.

Guest Masters
okay I watched.

where is this "big difference" you speak of?

A few examples:

Market not extensive (does not mean none)

States little interest/market (last I check little is more than none).

That CLE can't get the asking price they might be looking for (again, a far cry from none).

Last quote, "bottom line Quinn doesn't have a lot of value around the league right now"

So as you can see, all are far from saying no value and no interest.

Chill dude. I'm just pointing out the flaws in the 'he sucks' argument. Really, if he is that bad, why would you want to continue to pay him if everyone else thinks he sucks? Says to me someone doesn't think he sucks, or thinks he might be worth investing more time in.

IMO, he IS a distraction to the 'other QB' (not hard) but to the fan base. If DA comes in and really sucks it up in Cleveland, the fans will be screaming for Quinn. IMO, Mangini will never put Quinn back in. All that will happen is the fan base will get really restless.

I say trade the guy or cut him and let him move on to a team that

1 ) Has a clue wtf it is doing

2 ) Will give him a legitimate shot.

Well, Quinn standing right beside anderson, with team mates arms drapped on him while looking like a kid in a candy store doesnt look like a distraction. Looks like a good team mate celebrating with this team, If he was a distraction he wouldnt be in the middle of the huddle like that...

By all accounts, Quinn continues to be a professional and a very good teammate. Yes, I think it's easier for the, uh, non-intellectual types to like the affable doofus with the everyman attitude, and that seems to include Daboll.

He's not the jerk Lum is trying to make him out to be. Almost any other player would have demanded a trade by now, publicly.

Except that he has better stats than DA in the exact same amount of playing time, scratch that, 3 and 1/2 games to 2 and 1/2 games.

And he's won 1 game and throws the most meaningless passes you can throw on a football field.

And he's won 1 game and throws the most meaningless passes you can throw on a football field.

Sure seemed to throw some good passes against Denver last year.

Not like that talent just mysteriously disappeared.

I 100% guarantee Quinn will be the starting QB at the end of the season.

Archived