THE BROWNS BOARD

2 completions?

Solon16

I'll just add one thing. If ball hits you in the hands, and your making millions of dollars to catch those balls, regardless of where it is thrown, if it hits your hands, you better catch it...

I'll willingly excuse a receiver for balls that hit them in the hands behind them, yet lots of receivers make that catch.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the case at Cincy in '07..Anderson 29 of 48 for 60 percent, 2 TDs and 4 ints. Palmer was 11 of 21 for 52% 1 TD and 2 Ints. The all-important efficiency rating had DA 8.8 points higher than Palmer. The difference in the game was that Cincinatti's O coordinator realized the wind was so bad they better cut back on the passing, while the Browns coordinator decided that even though Lewis was running well, it'd be smarter to risk passing a whole heck of a lot in a wind storm.

Cripes. Not this shit again. This is absolutely the worst game you could possibly bring up to support the argument that DA is not an inefficient, spotty passer, with poor decision making.

Go look at the picks. They were "doh!" throws. Nothing to do with the wind.

That was the difference in the game. As to your point regarding the battle of wits between the OC's, an argument can certainly be made that we probably should have been shooting lay-ups instead of 3-pointers in terms of play-calling. But with DA's inability to hit those layups (even with Lewis running well), and the fact that there were 2 picks within 5 minutes of each other at the end of the 2nd *edit* half quarter, I imagine that CHUD's gameplan was to try and dig the team out of the hole DA created by using DA's strength: the quick strike Deep ball big play. And that means going through the air.

Can we ban the use of stats for a week? And talk about what the fcuk actually happens during games? That'd be a welcome change of pace.

Doesn't matter what excuses you use for DA when he plays bad, and what you blame for Quinn's problems.

If you can't admit to a bad game by your guy without so many qualifications and excuses, then it's hard to take you seriously.

I've never said DA didn't have a bad game. That's the difference between most of the DA guys and the Quinnbots... we'll admit he had a poor game.

I'm guilty of pointing out that the ball hit the receivers hands on 13 of the 17 passes (2 of them would have been very difficult catches to make by the reports I read). I never said DA hadn't played poorly.

Guest Masters
The point is... you completely made up half your argument without even checking first.

*sigh*

My post:

No one is saying it wasn't wind (Not made up). You are missing the point. It's excuse, excuse, excuse every time DA has a game like Sundays (Not made up). It's the wind (yet the oppposing QB completed more passes (Not made up)- same story in the Cincy game in 2007 (point was an example of excuses used for DA, not made up)), it's the guys lined up at WR (not made up), he was 5 weeks removed from a concusion (not made up), the sun was in his eyes, etc (obviously for effect).

But those are only valid if DA is the QB (and no I am not saying Quinn should play, so don't bother twisting it). (people have not excused drops when Quinn was in, who was at TE and the 2 WR positions were not excused, so again, not made up) It's just laughable to see those excuses riduculed when it is another player, but if it's DA, they are valid (Read the board, especially your own posts, again, not made up). He is the worst rated QB in the NFL since the start of 2008 (and probably going back a few weeks into 2007) for a reason (not made up). That reason has more to do w/ him than any players around him at this point.

Completing 2 passes and throwing 1 INT is not doing anything a QB has to do or should do to win a game (not made up)

So where is half of this stuff made up again?

I stand behind my statement, you missed obviously missed the point.

how the hell can anybody come on the board and post da is the man ,he sucked the second half of the baltimore game,, at best played a iffy cincy game ,and sucked in the buffalo game to the extent of breaking records with his 2 of 17 comp. perct. ,, there is drops in every game for every qb , 6 of 17 ,is still lousy,, [half drops caught]

is that all the da people ever want is a 500 at best ball club,, quinn has been screwed since day 1,,but to not play him out a few more games and put anderson back in ,,after 30+ something games ,your punch-drunk ,the buffalo win was a joke ,, all those penalties on their o-line ,, our great punting,, the fumble at the end,, 1 good cribbs run,, against maybe the worst team in the league..big frigging deal..all the pressure put on quinn since day 1 crippled him and a-hole mangini yanked him to save his own butt..

spark my a-- ,daboll from what i read on other boards held him back on the play calling,,the o-line on the right side was not gelled at all ,, and quinn played minny,denver,and the ravens,, da plays cincy and buffalo,,[where they thought da could shine against lesser teams] they ,espically daboll set him up to fail,,quinn questioned some of his play calls , and all of us work somewhere ,,and you know how it is when you question someone in the power position,, thats why da and daboll seemed so chummy on the sidelines,,

its so obvious they don't want quinn or da to be the qb for this team,,make quinn look bad and trade him shortly ,and da ,, you could get rid of him anytime , because they know most browns fans would be glad...

LMFAO.... why I am not surprised you missed the point.

Did the coaches muff that punt? Coaching had zero to do with the out come of that game Sunday.

Seriously? You honestly don't understand the role the coaches played last week? And I completely got your point but I just don't think you fully grasp how ridiculous the point was. But I'll play along. I guess the coaches have no bearing on the outcome of any game let-alone last week's. The 18 hour days are just for fun and it really doesn't matter who's coaching. And so I guess you'll be fine with Mangini coaching forever then? In fact, why does any team ever change coaches?

So, the game was all about that one muffed punt? It had nothing to do with protecting the ball in inclimate weather while wearing the Bills down with Jamal and playing field position so you are able to get that 15 yards you need at the end of the game when they do muff a punt that they needed to field because we've been pinning them all day and they had no timeouts left? Yeah, it really was just that one play. I am beginning to understand more everyday just how you see the game of football and its on par with 7th graders. You understand turnovers and TDs and have no clue how each of those two things are made possible. I'm not sure why you even bother watching the game sometimes. Do you realize how much you're missing?

I imagine that CHUD's gameplan was to try and dig the team out of the hole DA created by using DA's strength: the quick strike Deep ball big play. And that means going through the air.

Correction. Chud stopped running midway through the 2nd quarter when we were down by I believe 3 points. DA threw a pick on a deep route and we were down by 10 maybe in the second quarter. You think Chud learned his lesson? Nope, he forgot about the running game and we got further and further away from any hope of winning. DA shares some of the blame because he was the one throwing the passes but thanks to the coaches, we were put in a position to fail.

Correction. Chud stopped running midway through the 2nd quarter when we were down by I believe 3 points. DA threw a pick on a deep route and we were down by 10 maybe in the second quarter. You think Chud learned his lesson? Nope, he forgot about the running game and we got further and further away from any hope of winning. DA shares some of the blame because he was the one throwing the passes but thanks to the coaches, we were put in a position to fail.

If you are going to "correct" someone, at least make sure you are right. I'm perturbed that I was forced to go back and check something I knew I was right on, but it isn't as bothersome when it actually makes you look worse. Here is the stat-tracker play-by-play from nfl.com:

# Cleveland Browns at 01:27 (remaining in 2nd quarter)

# 1-10-CLE 43 (1:27) (Shotgun) 3-D.Anderson pass short middle intended for 29-J.Wright INTERCEPTED by 41-C.Ndukwe at CLV 49. 41-C.Ndukwe to CLV 5 for 44 yards

# Cincinnati Bengals at 01:13

# 1-5-CLE 5 (1:13) 9-C.Palmer pass short left to 84-T.Houshmandzadeh for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

# 17-S.Graham extra point is GOOD, Center-48-B.St. Louis, Holder-19-K.Larson.

# CLV 0 CIN 13 Plays: 1 Possession: 0:08

# Cleveland Browns at 01:05

# 17-S.Graham kicks 66 yards from CIN 30 to CLV 4. 16-J.Cribbs to CLV 35 for 31 yards (86-D.Coats). PENALTY on CLV-58-D.Jackson, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at CLV 35.

# 1-10-CLE 20 (:57) (Shotgun) 3-D.Anderson pass short middle intended for 17-B.Edwards INTERCEPTED by 29-L.Hall [68-J.Fanene] at CLV 32. 29-L.Hall to CLV 20 for 12 yards (17-B.Edwards).

# Cincinnati Bengals at 00:47

# 1-10-CLE 20 (:47) 9-C.Palmer pass short right to 33-K.Watson to CLV 17 for 3 yards (24-E.Wright). PENALTY on CIN-82-R.Kelly, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at CLV 20 - No Play.

# 1-15-CLE 25 (:39) 9-C.Palmer pass deep middle to 82-R.Kelly to CLV 1 for 24 yards (26-S.Jones).

# Timeout #1 by CIN at 00:29.

# 1-1-CLE 1 (:29) 33-K.Watson right tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

# (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 9-C.Palmer pass to 33-K.Watson is complete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

# CLV 0 CIN 19 Plays: 2 Possession: 0:21

Back to back passes, within 2 minutes remaining in the 1st half => two picks from DA.

I can also post our 1st 4 possessions of the game that show that we ran Lewis anywhere between 40%-70% in each of the series. But you're more than welcome to just take your medicine, and go have a look for yourself.

I watched the entire Eagles game this week, and I saw McNabb throw a few balls as hard as I have ever seen a QB throw a ball, and all 3 of these balls were caught.................Hmmmmm, I guess a talented NFL WR can catch a hard throw by a QB.............Who knew???

Doesn't matter what excuses you use for DA when he plays bad, and what you blame for Quinn's problems.

If you can't admit to a bad game by your guy without so many qualifications and excuses, then it's hard to take you seriously.

Agreed,

I have never seen a QB stink up the joint as bad as DA has. 30 something years and I've never seen 2-17 . TWO for SEVENTEEN ???

And guys on here still "pimp" for DA. :) Unfortunate we have an a-hole for a coach who won't give Quinn a legit shot.

32 Brady Quinn CLE 3 45 74 24.7 60.8 400 133.3 5.4 1 3 21 10 62.9

33 Jake Delhomme CAR 4 70 116 29.0 60.3 782 195.5 6.7 3 8 41 10 60.3

34 Josh Johnson TB 3 43 82 20.5 52.4 382 95.5 4.7 3 4 21 6 57.1

35 JaMarcus Russell OAK 5 51 121 24.2 42.1 606 121.2 5.0 1 4 28 15 47.1

36 Derek Anderson CLE 3 39 84 28.0 46.4 384 128.0 4.6 1 5 21 4 39.0

Yep, DA is THE MAN!!! :unsure:

Guest Masters
Seriously? You honestly don't understand the role the coaches played last week? And I completely got your point but I just don't think you fully grasp how ridiculous the point was. But I'll play along. I guess the coaches have no bearing on the outcome of any game let-alone last week's. The 18 hour days are just for fun and it really doesn't matter who's coaching. And so I guess you'll be fine with Mangini coaching forever then? In fact, why does any team ever change coaches?

So, the game was all about that one muffed punt? It had nothing to do with protecting the ball in inclimate weather while wearing the Bills down with Jamal and playing field position so you are able to get that 15 yards you need at the end of the game when they do muff a punt that they needed to field because we've been pinning them all day and they had no timeouts left? Yeah, it really was just that one play. I am beginning to understand more everyday just how you see the game of football and its on par with 7th graders. You understand turnovers and TDs and have no clue how each of those two things are made possible. I'm not sure why you even bother watching the game sometimes. Do you realize how much you're missing?

No I fully understand the roll of coaches. What you fail to understand is the Browns coaches have zero influence on Parrish's decision to try and pick up that ball, his decision to take his eyes off it, or the end result of him fumbling it away. That is what ultimately decided that game. That's not going out and "winning" a football game. That falls under "even a blind squirl finds a nutt".

Nice little attempt at a jab in the end. As if after reading 80% of your stuff on this board, I would think you are anyone of worth to judge my football knowledge. Didn't Legacy just light you up on your "knowledge" of the games you so closely watch? You are the epitimy of a homer fan. I am sorry I don't watch Browns games w/ my Browns fandom clouding my judgement like you.

By the way, CLE was already in FG position after the muffed punt by Parrish. CLE had the ball at the 16 of BUF, with the wind at their back. They could have taken a knee 3 times if they really wanted to. Running the ball at that point isn't exactly good coaching, it's common sense.

If you are going to "correct" someone, at least make sure you are right. I'm perturbed that I was forced to go back and check something I knew I was right on, but it isn't as bothersome when it actually makes you look worse. Here is the stat-tracker play-by-play from nfl.com:

Back to back passes, within 2 minutes remaining in the 1st half => two picks from DA.

I can also post our 1st 4 possessions of the game that show that we ran Lewis anywhere between 40%-70% in each of the series. But you're more than welcome to just take your medicine, and go have a look for yourself.

Touche' ( is that how you spell too-shay?)

He did run Lewis but gave up WAAY too soon and opted to pass in those conditions. That is my biggest complaint.

Guest Masters
Quinn bots won't admit he played poorly in the first 2.5 games? Really? WTF!?!

I've seen possible reasons given for the poor performance, but I've never seen anybody (not even PGL) state that Quinn played well.

Another fallacy by the manwagon crew....

Bad QB play is bad QB play, and it gets called both ways by 90% of the posters on here.

It's an absolute hoot that he says that in his first sentence, then turn around in the second one and try to cleverly blame the drops for DA's god awful performance. As I said elsewhere and this guy couldn't grasp, excuses are always acceptable for DA's poor showing (blame the wind, WR, drops, etc.). But when the other QB was in there (this season or last), none of those excuses were ever acceptable.

The manwagon crew has their heads up DA's ass to far at this point to even see their own hypocricy.

I've seen possible reasons given for the poor performance, but I've never seen anybody (not even PGL) state that Quinn played well.

I think its pretty safe to say that I have become one of the biggest Quinn fags on the board lately....

I don't think either QB has played anywhere even close to their potential.

I think we need to pretty much forget about these first 5 games... the team is finally starting to gel and play as a unit. I'm putting a lot more stock into the QB performance over the next few games. I think they will be very telling.

Guest Masters
I don't think either QB has played anywhere even close to their potential.

I don't know if Quinn has or hasn't, but DA has played exactly to one end of his potential.

Touche' ( is that how you spell too-shay?)

He did run Lewis but gave up WAAY too soon and opted to pass in those conditions. That is my biggest complaint.

Incorrect again. As I said in the 1st post. The "run" was given up(even though it really wasn't) because we were in a 19 point hole. So an evenly distibuted play-calling effort shifted to pass happy because we were getting shut-out. And missing the playoffs.

And by passing more, Johnny Hugecock gets to show off his "cannon arm, and ability to stretch the field" and hopefully quick-strike us back to a Win.

But then we got 2 more picks. B/c that's what DA is.

Guest Masters
Incorrect again. As I said in the 1st post. The "run" was given up(even though it really wasn't) because we were in a 19 point hole. So an evenly distibuted play-calling effort shifted to pass happy because we were getting shut-out. And missing the playoffs.

And by passing more, Johnny Hugecock gets to show off his "cannon arm, and ability to stretch the field" and hopefully quick-strike us back to a Win.

LMFAO........ Way to nail it again Legacy.

You're right Mr. Legacy, I checked the game-tracker-thingy and it wasn't really the coach's fault as much as I thought. But that's why we have these boards, to "discuss" opinions and you changed mine this time. Masters, you didn't contribute much but you can gloat a lil' bit too if you wanna.

But don't get too used to it!

PS. I still think our current staff is the best we've had since coming back. *ducks as Masters and Legacy throw shoes at head*

Thanks for that... douche... lol (j/k)

Quinn played HORRID the first 2 1/2 games, but his horrid play was statistically superior to DA's horrid play. PLus, Brady Quinn diddnt exactly have the same lineup around him DA had in cincy.

I think Quinn just needs time to star hitting one or two deep balls here, or there, and more will come. Its a confidence thing. He played alot better this year and and he played really shitty the first few games but I think he can improve by doing just a few things different, whereas DA... cant and hasnt been able to improve

Archived