THE BROWNS BOARD

Who have the Stoolers Beaten this season?

Mr. T

The Stoolers have NOT won a game against any team with a winning record.

1 Sep 10 TEN 10 @ PIT 13 (Titans 0-5)

2 Sep 20 PIT 14 @ CHI 17

3 Sep 27 PIT 20 @ CIN 23

4 Oct 04 SD 28 @ PIT 38 (Chargers 2-2)

5 Oct 11 PIT 28 @ DET 20 (Lions 1-4)

So if Mr. Anderson can find the touch on his passes we may have a shot.

2 Sep 20 PIT 14 @ CHI 17

3 Sep 27 PIT 20 @ CIN 23

When has Anderson found touch on his passes?

The Steelers defensively still rank 4th in total yards per game, and 14th against the pass, despite not having Polamalu for 4 games. Troy should be a go in this game. Even though our offense is nothing special, they won't want to take the risk of losing to another division opponent.

The Steelers also specialize in taking away the deep ball, as we saw in 2007 in the 2nd game, and last season as well. They will force DA to throw short, and throw horizontally, instead of opening up the vertical game. DA's worst game is horizontally when he needs to lead his receivers, because he lacks touch.

Since the 2007 season, DA has thrown 2 TD's or more only twice. He's only had 2 games above an 81 QB rating, and has had 2 under 20 QB ratings in the same span.

I'm expecting a statline of: 14/34 135 yards 1 TD and 2 INT's.

The Steelers win 31-17. We get a Cribbs TD (he always seems to be at his best against division opponents), and a DA TD to Royal.

Our secondary will most likely get ate up by Big Gay Ben who has been on fire with 4 games over 275 yards passing and a 73.8 completion percentage. Not to mention we'll struggle to stop Rashard.

I'm not confident about this game at all.

When has Anderson found touch on his passes?

The Steelers defensively still rank 4th in total yards per game, and 14th against the pass, despite not having Polamalu for 4 games. Troy should be a go in this game. Even though our offense is nothing special, they won't want to take the risk of losing to another division opponent.

The Steelers also specialize in taking away the deep ball, as we saw in 2007 in the 2nd game, and last season as well. They will force DA to throw short, and throw horizontally, instead of opening up the vertical game. DA's worst game is horizontally when he needs to lead his receivers, because he lacks touch.

Since the 2007 season, DA has thrown 2 TD's or more only twice. He's only had 2 games above an 81 QB rating, and has had 2 under 20 QB ratings in the same span.

I'm expecting a statline of: 14/34 135 yards 1 TD and 2 INT's.

The Steelers win 31-17. We get a Cribbs TD (he always seems to be at his best against division opponents), and a DA TD to Royal.

Our secondary will most likely get ate up by Big Gay Ben who has been on fire with 4 games over 275 yards passing and a 73.8 completion percentage. Not to mention we'll struggle to stop Rashard.

I'm not confident about this game at all.

Ya, if you thought this week was bad for the # of QB threads, just wait until next week after another dismal offensive day for the Browns going up against a good defense.

With our awful OC and QB play in general (both of them) the Browns will be lucky to get 10 points against the Squeelers. The TD will be on a Cribbs return.

What I worry about this week is a disturbing trend I'm beginning to see: QB's running up the middle for 15 yds + without being touched. Carson Palmer and Trent Edwards both were able to do it so I'm really worried about a guy like Gay Ben that has done it to us in the past.

Not a good trend to have....

Guest Masters
What I worry about this week is a disturbing trend I'm beginning to see: QB's running up the middle for 15 yds + without being touched. Carson Palmer and Trent Edwards both were able to do it so I'm really worried about a guy like Gay Ben that has done it to us in the past.

Not a good trend to have....

No it isn't. Though Palmer did do similar things w/ his feet against BALT this past week.

My fear is what will happen after DA and Quinn are gone.

For example. Here in Pittsburgh, this town talked about Kordell Stewart for YEARS after he left, as if he had never gone. It was ridiculous.

Well, we have two QB's i think will be the topic of conversation for a looooooong time. :(

Sounds like excuses to me.

dropped passes, who gives a shit they cant beat any team capable of being atleast 10-6 over a season.

They are no better than last year whern they played all 9-7 teams in the playoffs and in the SB.

Stoolers are only hype. they can only beat broken down teams.

Why would it matter who we beat?

I never understood the obsession that yinz stains fans have with the Steelers. It's really weird. Pinky and the Brain-ish. Like who we beat is going to be some barometer of how we do this season.

My suggestion? Stop worrying about who we beat and worry more about who yinz are not beating.

Regards

.... an'at

Why would it matter who we beat?

I never understood the obsession that yinz stains fans have with the Steelers. It's really weird. Pinky and the Brain-ish. Like who we beat is going to be some barometer of how we do this season.

My suggestion? Stop worrying about who we beat and worry more about who yinz are not beating.

Regards

.... an'at

Browns will be 1-5 and blaming someone for their ineptitude. It never ends for these saps. Football's poster child for losers.

I Can't believe anyone on this board can actually look at ANY other team and point fingers.. especially the current champions. I hate pittsburgh..but most of thier depth would be starters here

Well said, but I think that if Steeler fans are honest, they can't be nearly satisfied with their team's inability to play a complete 60 minutes of football through five games or their inability to pull away from inferior opponents.

Not at all. If that were the case, I'd have made them for all the games.

All you have to do is watch the games and you'll see what I mean.

*The Chargers will beat most teams they play this year.

*Only if they have a healthy LT.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s a trap

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . . .__game!_/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :º ‘-, . . /. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : : :: ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :: ‘-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :º :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .

. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .

. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : : ||/ /,-‘-‘x### :: ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . / /---‘’’’ : # : : : : : | | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . /,’____ : : ‘-# : , : : : : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,¯ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/ . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .,/ /|\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . . .\’|\ |/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : : , . . . . . . .

. . . ./¯ :| | : |/ :: ::----, :/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .

. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\ . . . .

. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .

./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,

/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :

: : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

2 Sep 20 PIT 14 @ CHI 17

3 Sep 27 PIT 20 @ CIN 23

Riiiiigggggghhhhttttt.

You can't be this stupid. You really can't be.

It's essentially the same roster of players that went 25-11 including playoffs over a two year stretch. This isn't a one year wonder team that has come from nowhere and trying to establish itself. The Steelers have already proven over the long term what they are capable of.

Bottom line, the Steelers have a very talented team--full of players who have proven themselves in this league for a while as well. You have to be just plain stupid not to understand this concept.

Riiiiigggggghhhhttttt.

It's essentially the same roster of players that went 25-11 including playoffs over a two year stretch. This isn't a one year wonder team that has come from nowhere and trying to establish itself. The Steelers have already proven over the long term what they are capable of.

Bottom line, the Steelers have a very talented team--full of players who have proven themselves in this league for a while as well. You have to be just plain stupid not to understand this concept.

douche to u

The stats dont lie, do they? Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

In comparison look at 2007 Browns with DA at QB, he was fortunate enough to have a great season due to the fact we had very easy competition that season. in regards the Stoolers played the same schedule.

2 Sep 20 PIT 14 @ CHI 17

3 Sep 27 PIT 20 @ CIN 23

Neither has Derek Anderson, and the steelers currently have a winning record

Riiiiigggggghhhhttttt.

Maybe its because Tomlin has no idea what he's doing?

2 Sep 20 PIT 14 @ CHI 17

3 Sep 27 PIT 20 @ CIN 23

But WHO are we playing this week ?

?

If DA manages not to take a crap WE Will Win!

How exactly do you plan to Stop Ben ? We will jump up like 21-3 ... But in the 4th qrtr The Browns mount a Furious comeback and Score a TD with 1:30 to Play with a 24-21 lead. You Kicker Tries to squib it but it goes outta bounds. Ben Starts at the 40 Yard line and 1:25 seconds later he hits Heath Miller for a 14 Yard TD pass on 3rd Down. Cribbs returns a squibbed Kick from the Browns 15 and when he is finally Tripped up at the Steelers 10 the paramedics are called to respond to 1,298 Heart Attacks in the Stands at HEINZ FIELD !! 1,293 are deemed a bad reaction to Primanti Bros. Hogies and Rolling Rock Beer.

douche to u

The stats dont lie, do they? Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

In comparison look at 2007 Browns with DA at QB, he was fortunate enough to have a great season due to the fact we had very easy competition that season. in regards the Stoolers played the same schedule.

And, over the course of time, the Steelers continued to win with the most difficult schedule since the inception of the 16 game schedule in 2008, while the Browns faded into one of the worst teams in the league.

If you want to say the stats don't lie, then the only conclusion you can draw is the Browns were a fluke in 2007.

In this decade, the Steelers have the 3rd best record in the league and the 2nd best record in the playoffs. So what you are saying is the Steelers have been lucky for a decade? That's moronic.

Archived