THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn

IschY

Article on ESPN.com

Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn

Comment Email Print Share

Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini said he's not trying to trade quarterback Brady Quinn, who lost his starting job after just 10 quarters this season.

With the Oct. 20 trade deadline approaching, there has been mounting speculation the Browns will deal Quinn, a former first-round pick who began the season as Cleveland's starter. But Quinn struggled in losses to Minnesota and Denverand Mangini benched him for Derek Anderson.

"We're not looking to move Brady Quinn," Mangini said Wednesday. "Brady is a Cleveland Brown and that's not anything we're looking to do."

Mangini says he has a good relationship with Quinn as does offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Quinn has reportedly put his suburban home up for sale.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So was Edwards. Until you surprised him with a trade to the J-E-T-S.

I think Edwards getting into LEGAL TROUBLE might have had something to do with that... damn man don't you pay attention?

I think Edwards getting into LEGAL TROUBLE might have had something to do with that... damn man don't you pay attention?

How about I clarify:

Eric Mangini is a proven liar. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth (remember the quote from a few weeks ago about how he was going to stick with one guy?)

Quote from Cleveland Plain Dealer: "Managini said he's talked to Quinn and "He's focused on Pittsburgh." Mangini also said, "We get calls all the time that we listen to, but Brady is a Cleveland Brown and it's not anything we're looking to do.''

I wonder if that means the team receives trade calls for the totality of the players, or if the Browns 'get calls all the time' about Quinn specifically?

And if so, and the offers are high enough, why the heck not pull the trigger if Quinn's on the bench?

Quote from Cleveland Plain Dealer: "Managini said he's talked to Quinn and "He's focused on Pittsburgh." Mangini also said, "We get calls all the time that we listen to, but Brady is a Cleveland Brown and it's not anything we're looking to do.''

I wonder if that means the team receives trade calls for the totality of the players, or if the Browns 'get calls all the time' about Quinn specifically?

And if so, and the offers are high enough, why the heck not pull the trigger if Quinn's on the bench?

Brady is focused on Pittsburg huh?

Interesting.... we might see some QB changes at halftime fellas

How about I clarify:

Eric Mangini is a proven liar. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth (remember the quote from a few weeks ago about how he was going to stick with one guy?)

And maybe he said that to keep Brady from feeling pressure. You wouldn't want brady to feel that the rug was going to be pulled out if he sucked in his next game would you?

Haha...that was a good one. And every time he calls, Mangini reminds him of how he's methodically dismantling the craptastic team he built using unnecessary cap space....

For Quinn to receive his 11 Million bonus he has to take 70% of the snaps...

The way Quinn denied trade rumors and said something about needing a smaller place thats easier to maintain and closer to work in an article in the PD somehow reminded me of the press conference when he denied knowing he was the starting QB for game 1 a couple days beforehand.

Maybe some truth to the rumors?

It seems kinda funny to me how six weeks ago we were all clamoring for DA to get traded and now its BQ...Some things change quickly in Brownstown.

The way Quinn denied trade rumors and said something about needing a smaller place thats easier to maintain and closer to work in an article in the PD somehow reminded me of the press conference when he denied knowing he was the starting QB for game 1 a couple days beforehand.

Maybe some truth to the rumors?

It seems kinda funny to me how six weeks ago we were all clamoring for DA to get traded and now its BQ...Some things change quickly in Brownstown.

They still are clamoring: for both of them. But neither has much trade value.........so?

He is simply getting a new house because it is less likely he will hit his contract escalators this year.

I have a feeling this was Mangini's plan from Day1. Make Quinn his starter and announce it. Pull Quinn a few games in, show that DA is worse by starting him for 31% of the snaps, then bring Quinn back in to cleanup the easier half a the schedule to make him look better so he can go in as the definite starter next year with DA gone with full control of this team.

Ill stick to that ^

He is simply getting a new house because it is less likely he will hit his contract escalators this year.

I have a feeling this was Mangini's plan from Day1. Make Quinn his starter and announce it. Pull Quinn a few games in, show that DA is worse by starting him for 31% of the snaps, then bring Quinn back in to cleanup the easier half a the schedule to make him look better so he can go in as the definite starter next year with DA gone with full control of this team.

Ill stick to that ^

I had a feeling that was how it would play out but now I'm not so sure, I mean with all the Man-love after last weeks game between DA and Mangini I'm starting to wonder if DA is putting in extra "study" time at night in the Coach's office.

I would have just hit thanks before but with no button I'm forced to actually think and type a response, WTF?

apparently LaVar Arrington said today on a radio show that an offer might be getting put together right now.

Redskins send Anthony Montgomery, defensive tackle

Browns send Quinn

Let's hope we get something more than that if he's shipped.

The Redskins are reportedly shopping DT Anthony Montgomery.

After losing his starting job to Albert Haynesworth, Montgomery has yet to be active for a game this season. The Redskins aren't likely to get more than a conditional late-round pick if they succeed in dealing him.

via here

Archived